May 06, 2024, 04:04:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #593 3/26 - 3/29/2007  (Read 100409 times)
JusticeforNatalee
Scared Monkey

« Reply #880 on: March 29, 2007, 02:04:22 PM »

"There is not much I can do because I don't even know the names of the partys or a case reference"

Couldn't Victor just guess at a few of the obvious names and see if any info comes up?

"My client, Joran van der Sloot, played a MAJOR ROLE in the disappearance of Natalee Holloway."       
Antonio Carlo
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #881 on: March 29, 2007, 02:04:33 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Regarding the decision today in the Netherlands regarding Joran's book.  Victor had posted no information was allowed to be revealed.  DUGO, who is Dutch just posted this:

Not revealing anything, if there has been a verdict, is not allowed. Check Artikel 28 Rv. At least an anonymised excerpt should be avbailable. There is not much I can do because I don't even know the names of the partys or a case reference

Posted by Victor at FOB in response to Dugo's post above:

I know, and that is why I don't understand what is going on. It was an open hearing, I was told the names, the case number, that I could attend it that Monday at 10 am and so on. Later I was told the ruling would be May 29 at 15:00 and that I could have it by 15:15. But today after the ruling something changed, I am not sure why but in short nothing is allowed to be reveiled.

I mentioned prior that I would do an anonymised version, but they are not allowed to give out anything.

You can call the Court tomorrow Dugo.
BIGORANGECRUSH
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #882 on: March 29, 2007, 02:12:41 PM »

Quote from: "BIGORANGECRUSH"
Klaas ithe State Department warning on Aruba still available as I remember it from a previous post! I might be able to use it!

Use what?  I'm only on my 2nd cup of coffee here?

There was a warning published by US State Department on Safety in Aruba and other islands! Someone posted it on Monkeys and I was trying to find it!

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_1153.html

SAFETY AND SECURITY: There are no known extremist groups, areas of instability or organized crime on Aruba, although drug trafficking rings do operate on the island

No the one I was looking for! The one I remember talked about the flow of drugs thru Aruba to caribbean and the USA! I think it also mention cruise ships?

Thanks anyway!

BIGORANGECRUSH
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #883 on: March 29, 2007, 02:14:37 PM »

Quote from: "2NJSons_Mom"
Klaas ithe State Department warning on Aruba still available as I remember it from a previous post! I might be able to use it!

This may be what you are asking for:

http://www.travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_1153.html

Thanks! There was another one I was looking for! Confused

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #884 on: March 29, 2007, 02:20:42 PM »

How about this one?

http://www.state.gov/p/inl/rls/nrcrpt/2006/vol1/html/62108.htm

(snipped)

Aruba. Aruba is a transshipment point for heroin, and to a lesser extent cocaine, moving north, mainly from Colombia, to the U.S. and secondarily to Europe. Drugs move north via cruise ships and the multiple daily flights to the U.S. and Europe. U.S. agencies reported more than 100 kilograms of heroin seized in the U.S. that had originated in Aruba. Drugs entering the U.S. from Aruba were not in sufficient an amount to have a significant effect on the U.S. As a result of the successes in Curacao during 2005, traffickers looked for other transit points in the region which included Aruba.

While Aruba enjoys a low crime rate, reporting during 2005 indicates that some prominent drug traffickers are established on the island. Additionally, Arubans worry about the easy availability of inexpensive drugs. The most visible evidence of a drug abuse problem may be the homeless addicts, called "chollars" who number about 300 and whose photographs routinely appear in publications to increase public awareness to drug abuse and to stem an increase in crime. Drug abuse in Aruba remains a cause for concern.

(snipped)
Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #885 on: March 29, 2007, 02:25:29 PM »

Regarding the decision today in the Netherlands regarding Joran's book.  Victor had posted no information was allowed to be revealed.  DUGO, who is Dutch just posted this:

Not revealing anything, if there has been a verdict, is not allowed. Check Artikel 28 Rv. At least an anonymised excerpt should be avbailable. There is not much I can do because I don't even know the names of the partys or a case reference

Posted by Victor at FOB in response to Dugo's post above:

I know, and that is why I don't understand what is going on. It was an open hearing, I was told the names, the case number, that I could attend it that Monday at 10 am and so on. Later I was told the ruling would be May 29 at 15:00 and that I could have it by 15:15. But today after the ruling something changed, I am not sure why but in short nothing is allowed to be reveiled.

I mentioned prior that I would do an anonymised version, but they are not allowed to give out anything.

You can call the Court tomorrow Dugo.

I wonder if the Judge may have put a "gag" order on this because if the ruling was released, it may compromise an ongoing investigation???

~Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up everytime we fail~
Dayhiker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #886 on: March 29, 2007, 02:26:57 PM »

Thinking on this from another angle, do you suppose this information is being withheld because it has evidentiary value, something the Dutch investigators in Natalee's case do not want out?

"ARUBA...THE CREAM OF THE CRAP IN THE CARIBBEAN."
igsigs
Monkey Junky

« Reply #887 on: March 29, 2007, 02:35:41 PM »

- Still sticking with Spong/Guido being the chink in the armor here.

- Medley says the excerpts are Joran's. That is a statement against interest so i tend to think it true.

- FOB is a mess. Working with and speaking for the Sloots has been a dead-end game since June 05. Most knew, but it seems some are just finding out.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #888 on: March 29, 2007, 02:41:01 PM »

Victor seems very confused about the "gag" order.  I don't know what to think.  It could be like Dayhiker says or it could be Spong flexing his muscles.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #889 on: March 29, 2007, 02:48:42 PM »

Victor seems very confused about the "gag" order.  I don't know what to think.  It could be like Dayhiker says or it could be Spong flexing his muscles.

How does one lawyer have that much power Klaas.  Spong is being paid a lot of money but then again so are many other top notch lawyers.  What makes him different that he could get the court not to release any information.
Dayhiker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #890 on: March 29, 2007, 02:54:47 PM »

Quote from: "San"

How does one lawyer have that much power Klaas.  Spong is being paid a lot of money but then again so are many other top notch lawyers.  What makes him different that he could get the court not to release any information.

Confusing to me too, San. It was supposed to be open court, how could one lawyer change that? It seems to me the content of the hearing would have to be sensitive to keep it from the public.

"ARUBA...THE CREAM OF THE CRAP IN THE CARIBBEAN."
igsigs
Monkey Junky

« Reply #891 on: March 29, 2007, 03:01:42 PM »

IF the court ruled in favor of Guido to keep his name out of the book then maybe the judge decided that making the ruling public would negate the intent of the decision?  Total guess.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #892 on: March 29, 2007, 03:02:21 PM »

Quote from: "Dayhiker"

Confusing to me too, San. It was supposed to be open court, how could one lawyer change that? It seems to me the content of the hearing would have to be sensitive to keep it from the public.

Well if Victor is wrong then one of the Dutch posters will get the information out of curiosity.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #893 on: March 29, 2007, 03:03:09 PM »

Quote from: "igsigs"

IF the court ruled in favor of Guido to keep his name out of the book then maybe the judge decided that making the ruling public would negate the intent of the decision?  Total guess.

Except that the ruling could be made public and the name remain annonomous.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #894 on: March 29, 2007, 03:04:12 PM »

Why doesn't Victor simply contact the publisher and see what they tell him  Laughing
igsigs
Monkey Junky

« Reply #895 on: March 29, 2007, 03:08:58 PM »

Quote from: "igsigs"

Except that the ruling could be made public and the name remain annonomous.

True. Maybe there is haggling over whether initials can be used. We know who everyone is. Except A.B. .
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #896 on: March 29, 2007, 03:13:06 PM »

Slight modification  Laughing

oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #897 on: March 29, 2007, 03:42:56 PM »

Hi Monkeys

Peeking in from work..

Got my monkey digits crossed  hoping someone went to court to be a wittness for the CROWN.

Not very much chance of it happening  BUT  then again I can hope.

Catch all Later

SeeeYaaaByeee

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #898 on: March 29, 2007, 03:54:35 PM »

I know that atleast here in the US, high powered lawyers do have some influence but I think the judges KNOW they have the upper hand, no matter who the lawyer thinks he is.  I've seen alot of high powered lawyers get a dressing down from judges- just for the judges to let them know who's really in charge.  

There again - that's here, not the NL

~Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up everytime we fail~
BIGORANGECRUSH
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #899 on: March 29, 2007, 04:06:03 PM »

How about this one?

http://www.state.gov/p/inl/rls/nrcrpt/2006/vol1/html/62108.htm

(snipped)

Aruba. Aruba is a transshipment point for heroin, and to a lesser extent cocaine, moving north, mainly from Colombia, to the U.S. and secondarily to Europe. Drugs move north via cruise ships and the multiple daily flights to the U.S. and Europe. U.S. agencies reported more than 100 kilograms of heroin seized in the U.S. that had originated in Aruba. Drugs entering the U.S. from Aruba were not in sufficient an amount to have a significant effect on the U.S. As a result of the successes in Curacao during 2005, traffickers looked for other transit points in the region which included Aruba.

While Aruba enjoys a low crime rate, reporting during 2005 indicates that some prominent drug traffickers are established on the island. Additionally, Arubans worry about the easy availability of inexpensive drugs. The most visible evidence of a drug abuse problem may be the homeless addicts, called "chollars" who number about 300 and whose photographs routinely appear in publications to increase public awareness to drug abuse and to stem an increase in crime. Drug abuse in Aruba remains a cause for concern.

(snipped)

Thanks Klaas! It is the one I was looking for!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.