May 05, 2024, 05:42:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Erin Corwin, 19yrs - 3mo Pregnant Missing Twenty Nine Palms CA 6/28/14  (Read 45869 times)
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #80 on: August 18, 2014, 03:52:25 PM »

Rest in peace, Erin  an angelic monkey

http://www.kpbs.org/news/2014/aug/18/neighbor-missing-marine-wife-erin-corwin-arrested/

Erin Corwin’s Body Discovered, Alleged Lover Arrested For Her Death
Monday, August 18, 2014

San Bernardino Sheriff's Dept.
Christopher Lee mug shot

The Desert Sun reports Christopher Lee is being detained in Anchorage on a federal hold awaiting extradition back to California.

San Bernardino County District Attorney Michael Ramos told reporters:

"If Lee does not waive extradition he should be back in our county in four to five weeks.."

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #81 on: August 18, 2014, 04:09:44 PM »

IMO they need to consider his wife as well.

RIP Erin 
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #82 on: August 18, 2014, 04:48:35 PM »

RIP Erin 

I agree they need to consider his wife as well. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #83 on: August 18, 2014, 05:20:39 PM »

It was either luck that she was found in that shaft or someone broke down and finally said where she was.   Joshua Tree Natl. Park is massive and this time of year it would be extremely warm out there.  I know there are plenty of people that roam through there but it isn't the most welcoming atmosphere.   My dad lived in Yucca Valley for many years.

RIP Erin
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #84 on: August 18, 2014, 05:29:17 PM »

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/26308026/body-of-marines-missing-wife-found-in-mine-shaft
Body of Marine's missing wife found in mine shaft
August 18, 2014

The remains of 20-year-old Erin Corwin were found Saturday 140 feet down an abandoned mine shift on federal land near Twentynine Palms after authorities spent nearly two months searching 300 square miles in the remote area east of Los Angeles, San Bernardino County Sheriff John McMahon said.

Her remains were identified Sunday through dental records, he said.

Her alleged lover and former neighbor, Christopher Brandon Lee, was arrested around 9 p.m. Sunday in Anchorage, Alaska, on suspicion of homicide on an extradition warrant from California, said Jennifer Castro, a spokesman for the Anchorage Police Department.

Corwin told her husband when she left that day that she was going to scout out hiking trails that she and her mother could explore when her mother visited a few days later. But the friend showed authorities text messages that said Corwin was planning to go on a special hunting trip with Lee the day she disappeared to celebrate.

"It is highly likely that Erin could have been harmed by an unknown firearm," investigators wrote in the documents. "Sometime after Erin left with Lee, her phone was deactivated (turned off). Detectives believe if Erin was injured and left at an undisclosed location, she would not (be) able to call for help."

Other evidence was found in the shaft - one of more than 100 in the area - but McMahon declined to discuss what it was.

Authorities also declined to release the manner of death.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #85 on: August 18, 2014, 06:54:57 PM »

Prayers to Erin's family.

May justice be served.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #86 on: August 18, 2014, 08:04:19 PM »

http://www.people.com/article/pregnant-woman-marine-wife-erin-corwin-found-dead

Missing Marine Wife Erin Corwin Found Dead; Alleged Lover Arrested

By Elaine Aradillas
@elaineja

08/18/2014 05:00PM

With assistance from the FBI, officials from the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department found the body about 140 feet inside a mine shaft. Due to the depth and air quality of the mine shaft, Corwin's body was not recovered until 6:30 p.m. the following day. Lee was arrested at 10 p.m.

Authorities have not confirmed whether Corwin, who would have turned 20 in July, was pregnant at the time of her death. Officials say that there is "potential for more arrests," adding that other evidence was found in the shaft.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #87 on: August 18, 2014, 08:10:21 PM »

RIP Erin 

I agree they need to consider his wife as well. 

Absolutely, IMO too.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #88 on: August 18, 2014, 08:18:53 PM »

http://www.sfgate.com/news/crime/article/Alleged-lover-of-Marine-s-missing-wife-arrested-5695969.php
Body of Marine's missing wife found in mine shaft
August 18, 2014
Updated 5:07 pm, Monday, August 18, 2014

SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. (AP) — For nearly two months, Southern California sheriff's deputies and a legion of volunteers scoured the vast, rough terrain peppered with abandoned mine pits and deep bodies of water where the 19-year-old pregnant wife of a U.S. Marine disappeared.

The search finally ended Saturday when a body was spotted with a video camera 140 feet down a mine shaft on federal land near Twentynine Palms, where she had been living.

In a little more than 24 hours, authorities had recovered and identified the remains of Erin Corwin and arrested her former neighbor and alleged lover, 24-year-old former Marine Christopher Brandon Lee, in Anchorage, Alaska, on suspicion of homicide.

"The manner of death has been determined to be homicide," San Bernardino County Sheriff John McMahon said Monday, adding that deputies searched many of the 100 mine shafts in a 300 square mile area before zeroing in on the one that contained Corwin.

Two days after Corwin disappeared, investigators found her car abandoned off a road near her home. A single set of footprints led from the driver's side door and disappeared next to a set of vehicle tracks that matched the tires on Lee's Jeep. They found 10 spent casings from a .40-caliber gun in the Jeep, the court papers say.

Other evidence was found in the shaft — one of more than 100 in the area — but sheriff's officials declined to give details.

Authorities also declined to release the exact manner of death and said they could not confirm Corwin's pregnancy until an autopsy was completed.

Corwin would have been 20 if alive, but authorities say she likely died before her birthday.

Lee told investigators he was not with Corwin that day and had been hunting in Joshua National Park. He told police that although the two had kissed, they had never had intercourse.

The investigation found that Lee and Corwin did have an "intimate relationship" dating back to at least February, San Bernardino County Sheriff's Sgt. Trevis Newport said.

It wasn't immediately clear if Lee, who has yet to make a court appearance or arrive in California, had retained an attorney.

"Let's just wait until the facts come out before jumping to conclusions," Bob Lee, Christopher's father, told an Associated Press reporter during a brief interview outside the family's home in a working class neighborhood in Anchorage. He said the arrest came as his son and daughter-in-law, Nichole Lee, were returning home.

San Bernardino County District Attorney Michael Ramos said he expected to charge Lee with murder, but charges have not yet been filed.

Lee was arrested in July on suspicion of possessing a destructive device after a search warrant on a Yucca Valley home where he was temporarily living. He was taken into custody after the July 4 search and released on bail two days later.

Law enforcement agencies including the FBI helped search for Corwin, whose body wasn't recovered until Sunday due to poor air quality conditions in the shaft. One firefighter was injured in the recovery effort, San Bernardino County Fire Chief Mark Hartwig said.

Corwin was found in a remote area some 130 miles east of Los Angeles, Newport said.

"It is very rough terrain out there. One would have a difficult time, even in a four-wheel drive vehicle," he said.

Slide show at link.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #89 on: August 18, 2014, 08:44:15 PM »

So sad.   

Rest in peace, Erin.   an angelic monkey

Prayers of peace and comfort for all who love her. 

https://www.facebook.com/LocateErin/posts/1551968428365160

Locate Erin
4 hours ago
Thank you all for your prayers and support over the last 7 weeks. We appreciate all of the words of encouragement and compassion we have been shown during the search for Erin. We are also forever grateful for the the volunteers and branches of law enforcement who made it possible to finally bring Erin home. Though we were praying for a different outcome, we are relieved to have this part of the investigation behind us and to be able to begin mourning the loss of our sweet girl. Please continue to pray for our family and that justice will be found for Erin. We now ask that our privacy be respected as we enter into this new stage of grief and healing. Thank you all!

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #90 on: August 18, 2014, 09:52:26 PM »

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Arrest-Made-in-Missing-Marine-Wife-Case-271708161.html

Forensic exams of computers, cell phones and other electronic devices led detectives to a mine shaft outside Joshua Tree National Park.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #91 on: August 19, 2014, 05:07:40 PM »

D.A. files murder charges against man accused of killing Erin Corwin
Aug 19, 2014

Today District Attorney Michael Ramos announced the filing of murder charges against 24-year-old Christopher Brandon Lee who is charged with killing 19-year-old Erin Corwin.

The District Attorney's Office also filed the special circumstance allegation of "lying in wait," increasing the potential penalty to life without parole or death.   "The decision regarding which penalty will be sought will be made after a full review of the facts and evidence in the case," District Attorney Michael Ramos said.

Lee was arrested on Sunday by officers in Alaska on suspicion of murder and is currently awaiting extradition to California. He is due in court in Alaska today at 3:30 for his initial hearing. 

If Lee waives extradition, he can be returned to San Bernardino County immediately.  However, if he fights extradition, it may take four to six weeks.

This case was investigated by the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department and the investigation is ongoing. Deputy District Attorney Sean Daugherty is prosecuting the case.

"Once again, we are faced with a terrible crime that shows absolutely no regard for the value of human life," Ramos said. "Make no mistake that this office will fight to see that justice is carried out for our victim and her family."

This is an active investigation. No further details will be released at this time.

<snipped>

http://www.kesq.com/news/sb-county-sheriff-calls-news-conf-today-to-update-corwin-case/27584566

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #92 on: August 19, 2014, 05:12:33 PM »

Mods

Please delete my last post.  I messed up.

Thanks, Janet

Done - Klaasend
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 05:13:43 PM by klaasend » Logged

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #93 on: August 19, 2014, 05:22:04 PM »

Murder charges filed in case of missing Marine's wife
Tue August 19, 2014

<snipped>

Lee had been a suspect from the beginning.

Corwin didn't go to Joshua Tree National Park on the day she disappeared, police said in a statement of probable cause written in July. Instead her car was found a few miles from where she lived next door to Lee and his wife, Nicole.

Detectives found footprints next to Corwin's abandoned car that led to tire tracks. Investigators said those tire tracks were the same width and same width apart as the tires on Lee's Jeep.

According to the court document, several people, including a friend of Erin Corwin's in Tennessee, told investigators that Corwin and Lee were having an affair. He admitted to kissing her but told detectives the two had never had sexual intercourse.

Lee also told police that on the day Corwin disappeared he had gone hunting.

More than 100 mine shafts were searched before a sheriff's team found Corwin's body. Authorities used cell phone information to narrow the search area to 300 square miles.

<snipped>

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/19/us/california-missing-marine-wife/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #94 on: August 19, 2014, 05:22:59 PM »

Mods

Please delete my last post.  I messed up.

Thanks, Janet

Done - Klaasend

Thanks, Janet

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #95 on: August 19, 2014, 05:26:19 PM »

RIP Erin 

I agree.

Could it be further arrests are forthcoming?

Janet

Murder charges filed in case of missing Marine's wife
Tue August 19, 2014

<snipped>

More than 100 mine shafts were searched before a sheriff's team found Corwin's body. Authorities used cell phone information to narrow the search area to 300 square miles.

<snipped>

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/19/us/california-missing-marine-wife/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #96 on: August 19, 2014, 05:28:08 PM »

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #97 on: August 19, 2014, 05:30:29 PM »

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/08/18/erin-corwin-missing-marine-wife-arrest-lee/14240493/

Missing Marine wife's body found in mineshaft
Colin Atagi and Brett Kelman, The Desert Sun 8:01 p.m. EDT August 18, 2014

Ex-Marine Christopher Lee was arrested Sunday night in the killing of Erin Corwin, a Marine wife who was found crumpled at the bottom of a 140-foot mine shaft in a remote desert area of Southern California.

Authorities have also said that Lee's wife, Nichole Lee, is a "person of interest" in the death.

Corwin's body was located Saturday afternoon by specialized mine search teams, who used cameras to explore more than 100 mine shafts and bodies of water in the remote desert, police said Monday. An urban search and rescue team recovered the body on Sunday, and dental records were used to ensure it was Corwin.

The mine was on federal land, a few miles southeast of Twentynine Palms, outside of Joshua Tree National Park, in the desert east of Los Angeles.

During a press conference on Monday, sheriff's Sgt. Trevis Newport said volunteers were critical in the massive search. Nearly 5,000 volunteer hours were dedicated to the search.

"There is no way that Erin … would have been located without their assistance," Newport said.

On the day Corwin was found, search teams were focused on the areas of the Rose of Peru Mining District, Brooklyn Mining District and Los Angeles Mining District. Authorities said the area was remote, rough terrain — difficult for even a four-wheel vehicle to traverse — speckled with dangerous mine shafts.

One firefighter was injured while searching the mines, said Mark Hardwig, San Bernardino County fire chief. The firefighter's arm was struck by a rock as he descended into a mine.
ChristopherLeeErinCorwincase

The sheriff's department said it could not yet release information about Corwin's cause of death because her autopsy was not complete. It is also undetermined if Corwin's killing was pre-meditated.

Anchorage police said Lee was arrested without incident during a traffic stop.

Lee's arrest comes about a month after he was first identified as a focal point in the investigation.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #98 on: August 19, 2014, 05:47:52 PM »

RIP Erin 

The alleged words of Nicole Lee in the following article created huge red flags for me regarding her involvement in the disappearance of Erin Corwin.

Janet

+++++

Neighbor allegedly said body of Marine's missing wife won't be found
July 23, 2014

<snipped>

The wife of a man who is suspected of having an affair with the missing pregnant wife of a U.S. Marine allegedly told a witness "detectives would never find her body," according to a search warrant made public this week.

The wife of Christopher Lee told the witness, Isabella Megli of Yucca Valley, who was subsequently interviewed by detectives, that without 19-year-old Erin Corwin's body, investigators "did not have a case against them," according to a search warrant issued July 8 in San Bernardino County Superior Court.

<snipped>

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-neighbor-marine-missing-wife-body-20140723-story.html

_____

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #99 on: August 19, 2014, 06:21:52 PM »

And a bit more from the article Janet posted above:

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-neighbor-marine-missing-wife-body-20140723-story.html
Neighbor allegedly said body of Marine's missing wife won't be found
July 23, 2014

At the time, Lee's wife told Megli that detectives had missed something while searching their home garage, according to the warrant.

She also reportedly scolded Lee and called him dumb for "not being able to keep his lies straight" while talking to detectives, the warrant said.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.