May 13, 2024, 02:46:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony, 2, FL Missing since June 16-just reported by mother #5  (Read 372732 times)
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1040 on: August 17, 2008, 10:57:16 AM »

That looks like a cell phone.
mrskub
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1041 on: August 17, 2008, 11:02:06 AM »

Thanks Bearly. I didn't mean in regard to the bond though. I meant according to law. Can the court send her back to jail after the arraignment if the judge orders a trial or, will she stay out on bond until proven guilty or innocent?

In other words, she goes to court Thursday and the judge says there's reason to believe she committed these crimes and he orders a trial. Does she go back home again or can he order her back to jail until the trial?

mrskub - The arraignment on Thursday is for the offenses that she has already been charged with, at which time her attorney will enter a not guilty plea, so she would remain free on bond (if she gets out).  In some jurisdictions, the defendant doesn't even appear or may chose to waive arraignment.  The attorney would file a motion to waive arraignment simultaneously entering a not guilty plea.  What this does is help clear the calendar.  All courts are different in whether this allowed based on the principal judge, case load, whether they are part of circuit court system, etc.  Did I make any sense?

Thank you lucybelle.

You're welcome, mrskub.  I have been out of the criminal justice arena for over a year (right hand woman to a busy criminal defense atty) and haven't had to try very hard to forget alot of things (my mind is gone).  My family and friends told me I had turned into a cynic.  I didn't (still don't) believe anything any "alleged" criminal told me and wondered whether anyone told the truth anymore.  I also had begun to wonder which one of our alleged criminal clients would blow my brains out.  I consider myself one tough, unshakable lady but had a few weird experiences (hair on my body standing up) that screamed "DANGER, Will Robinson!  I saw thousands of families in denial.  Meth, crack, and narcotics have spawned a new breed of criminals. 

It's great to have a legal mind among us. Buckle up for the ride, as Des says.

"The cure to crime shouldn't end in the electric chair, it should start in the high chair"
lucybelle
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1042 on: August 17, 2008, 11:03:45 AM »

You're welcome, mrskub.  I have been out of the criminal justice arena for over a year (right hand woman to a busy criminal defense atty) and haven't had to try very hard to forget alot of things (my mind is gone).  My family and friends told me I had turned into a cynic.  I didn't (still don't) believe anything any "alleged" criminal told me and wondered whether anyone told the truth anymore.  I also had begun to wonder which one of our alleged criminal clients would blow my brains out.  I consider myself one tough, unshakable lady but had a few weird experiences (hair on my body standing up) that screamed "DANGER, Will Robinson!  I saw thousands of families in denial.  Meth, crack, and narcotics have spawned a new breed of criminals. 

I agree about the effect of the drugs. While I don't work in criminal justice, I do work with families living in poverty, many of whom are young, single moms. Meth is especially prevalent in our area, and it causes parents to be extremely neglectful of their children. Casey certainly seems to fit the profile of a negligent parent abusing some type of drug.

Many experts agree that meth more than any other drug robs many female abusers that have children of any maternal instinct.  That it alters the brain and emotions so much that the instinct is gone. 
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1043 on: August 17, 2008, 11:06:47 AM »

Good morning everyone.  I still feel these are Cindy's things.  People tend to choose the same colors over and over for themselves and their children.  Im looking at my closet as I speak, yep all black clothes!!!  As as far as the family of Casey is concerned, I think if I were in that situation, there is no telling what I would do, say.  I know I wouldnt lie, wouldnt cover up.  I would just be devestated.....

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1044 on: August 17, 2008, 11:11:38 AM »

A blackjack phone for comparison purposes. Sorry if someone has already posted one. I didn't see one earlier, but I'm old. 

I Stand With The Girl
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1045 on: August 17, 2008, 11:14:57 AM »

I agree about the effect of the drugs. While I don't work in criminal justice, I do work with families living in poverty, many of whom are young, single moms. Meth is especially prevalent in our area, and it causes parents to be extremely neglectful of their children. Casey certainly seems to fit the profile of a negligent parent abusing some type of drug.

Many experts agree that meth more than any other drug robs many female abusers that have children of any maternal instinct.  That it alters the brain and emotions so much that the instinct is gone. 

I have had the unfortunate life experience of dealing with meth and crack addiction in my family and can tell you from dealing with rehab counseling that one of the things they tell you is that these drugs totally change and or rob one of any morals they may have previously had.Doesn't happen overnite, but given enough time it will happen......

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1046 on: August 17, 2008, 11:17:28 AM »

I have had the unfortunate life experience of dealing with meth and crack addiction in my family and can tell you from dealing with rehab counseling that one of the things they tell you is that these drugs totally change and or rob one of any morals they may have previously had.Doesn't happen overnite, but given enough time it will happen......

Hugs and smooches to our Cubbee

I Stand With The Girl
seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1047 on: August 17, 2008, 11:19:51 AM »

A blackjack phone for comparison purposes. Sorry if someone has already posted one. I didn't see one earlier, but I'm old. 

IMO the "alleged" 2nd phone Casey had might not even be a blackjack....she lies as easily as she breathes....

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011</a>
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1048 on: August 17, 2008, 11:21:00 AM »

IMO the "alleged" 2nd phone Casey had might not even be a blackjack....she lies as easily as she breathes....

That's very true, seeme

I Stand With The Girl
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1049 on: August 17, 2008, 11:22:10 AM »

Thank you BT .... I have received education on things I never wanted to learn about and it has opened my eyes as to how I see the world. Sometimes it is a good thing, but sometimes I can be a little jaded....
I still think Casey was involved with drug use... most likely meth or crack.... JMO

~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1050 on: August 17, 2008, 11:23:43 AM »

Thank you BT .... I have received education on things I never wanted to learn about and it has opened my eyes as to how I see the world. Sometimes it is a good thing, but sometimes I can be a little jaded....
I still think Casey was involved with drug use... most likely meth or crack.... JMO

I agree, Cubbee. She certainly displays the characteristics of an addict.

I Stand With The Girl
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1051 on: August 17, 2008, 11:24:30 AM »

Carpe is here - everybody say Good Morning CARPE!!!!!!!!

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1052 on: August 17, 2008, 11:25:41 AM »

At the risk of being redundant, I had to repost this.... I am going to save it and play it when the whole thing gets to be too much for me...

Hope you enjoy it.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=te4vI4NgS4Y

~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1053 on: August 17, 2008, 11:26:34 AM »

Good Morning, Carpe 

I Stand With The Girl
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1054 on: August 17, 2008, 11:26:43 AM »

I agree, Cubbee. She certainly displays the characteristics of an addict.

Yes, and her family display the characteristics of the co-dependants.....
Been there done that.....

~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1055 on: August 17, 2008, 11:28:01 AM »

At the risk of being redundant, I had to repost this.... I am going to save it and play it when the whole thing gets to be too much for me...

Hope you enjoy it.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=te4vI4NgS4Y

OH GOODY!..............................Carpe, I thought of you and Rob when I found this....

~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

lucybelle
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1056 on: August 17, 2008, 11:28:36 AM »

That's very true, seeme

Has any proof surfaced (sales receipt for phone, records?) that the blackjack phone even existed?  I kind of thought that she brought up the lost blackjack to brother Lee as a ruse for why the phone number(s) for Zanny the Nanny weren't in the phone they do have and also why she doesn't remember any of the numbers. 

Speaking of blackjacks - maybe someone needs to use one on Casey and I do not mean a phone.
seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1057 on: August 17, 2008, 11:28:55 AM »

Good Morning Carpe! flower

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011</a>
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1058 on: August 17, 2008, 11:31:08 AM »

That's very true, seeme

Has any proof surfaced (sales receipt for phone, records?) that the blackjack phone even existed?  I kind of thought that she brought up the lost blackjack to brother Lee as a ruse for why the phone number(s) for Zanny the Nanny weren't in the phone they do have and also why she doesn't remember any of the numbers. 

Speaking of blackjacks - maybe someone needs to use one on Casey and I do not mean a phone.

~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1059 on: August 17, 2008, 11:31:13 AM »

Let's cut Lisa some slack guys.  She comes from a perspective that none of us want to have right now.  I am not wearing my rose colored glasses, I am just trying to put myself in The Anthony's shoes.  How much do you love a child?  How much is too much or not enough?  Everyone should be totally honest and think about this...if your own child had possibly committed a crime and deep down in your heart of hearts you knew this...would you be able to just say " OK, take her jail.  Lock her up for the rest of her life"?  No, you would be torn so severely between your love for your child and what is about to happen to them, that I do not think any of us could honestly say they know what they would do. 

Those that know me...know that I love my daughter more than life itself and I can tell you that given the circumstances of the Anthony's I doubt I would be remotely sane right now.  My only baby would be in big trouble and my grandchild would be gone. I hope I would have the courage to do what is right, but I do not know.  I hope I never know the answer to that question.  What I can say is I would do whatever and go wherever necessary to help my child.  The issue of right and wrong is easily debated by all of us that have never been in this situation...easily.  I can sit here and say I would have gone down and beat some sense into my daughter and told her to start talking...but would I really?  I have no clue...I really don't.  I might be grasping onto anything that would make this go away.  I might wash some clothes without realizing it could be important.  I might drive a car around with a sign on it.  I truly do not know.

One thing I do know, I would be devastated beyond any thing imaginable.  I would not be thinking straight...now or ever again.  What I thought was up would now be down and what I once considered the "right thing to do" could be not my intentions if it meant any more pain for myself or my family.  The burden would be too large to bear and I am certain that I would contemplate things I had never even thought I would consider days before.  I am on the side of thinking that Caylee is no longer alive.  I have been from the beginning.  I also, think GP and GM have not helped matters much.  But I am certain of one thing and I think LE realizes this too...I have not and pray to God that I do not ever walk one step in their shoes.  Ever!!   I have learned we are all just one ounce of grace away from being the things we detest and despise. We should thank the Good Lord that we are blessed and do not have the need to go through that kind of fire.  MOO
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.