May 21, 2024, 06:48:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #572 1/11/2007  (Read 95220 times)
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #200 on: January 12, 2007, 07:04:30 AM »

Anna and Carnut, Hope you get to feeling better soon. Hubby came down with that crud that is going around on the 1st of January and is still feeling poorly, son had to check out of school on Tuesday and has been home sick in bed all week, myself I have been fighting a dry scratchy sore throat all week and this morning my head feels like it may explode. I detest having a sore throat.
Our high school has a very high absentee rate this week and many teachers are ill.I agree with Anna about needing the cold weather to kill the germs and this is coming from the girl who shivers when it is below 60  Wink  Rolling Eyes

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #201 on: January 12, 2007, 07:07:48 AM »

Quote from: "cubbeegirl"
Anna and Carnut, Hope you get to feeling better soon. Hubby came down with that crud that is going around on the 1st of January and is still feeling poorly, son had to check out of school on Tuesday and has been home sick in bed all week, myself I have been fighting a dry scratchy sore throat all week and this morning my head feels like it may explode. I detest having a sore throat.
Our high school has a very high absentee rate this week and many teachers are ill.I agree with Anna about needing the cold weather to kill the germs and this is coming from the girl who shivers when it is below 60  Wink  Rolling Eyes

Self-edited to add that while I was lurking last night I saw that Art Colley had been here and wanted to say hello and that I have missed your presence in the cage , I hope that you are doing well and that we will see much more of you around here......

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
Leslie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #202 on: January 12, 2007, 07:41:28 AM »

Diario
http://www.diarioaruba.com/
Amigoe
http://www.amigoe.com/english/
BonDia
http://www.cspnv.com/
Solo di Pueblo
http://www.solodipueblo.com/
AweMainta
http://www.awemainta.com/
Aruba Today
http://www.arubatoday.com/
Translator:
http://papiamentu.donamaro.nl

Fox reported...I decided...Click!
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #203 on: January 12, 2007, 07:54:07 AM »

See that we have revisited the illegal immigrant issue again. I have no clue as to an appropriate remedy. But it does deeply irk me that my hard earned and various tax dollars go toward the support (in any fashion) of illegals. I have no issue with paying taxes. I have no issue with my tax dollars supporting social programs for US citizens. In fact, the latter is where I want my tax dollars to go. Any financial support of illegals takes away from our own. That aggrieves me. Deeply.

Mrs.Red~ So sorry about your friend's brother.

Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #204 on: January 12, 2007, 08:40:46 AM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Quote from: "Anna"
Lala's, Carnut is especially stubborn about admitting that Joran and Guido likely had something of an intimate natured relationship despite Guido allegedly giving testimony to that effect per Jossy.

You may have to write that in the book.   Confused

Not only per Jossy, the relationship wasn't even denied by the "dark side" once it became known.

Switch hitters..

Good morning.
Lurking and working.
TGIF y'all!

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
Leslie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #205 on: January 12, 2007, 08:59:38 AM »

Garantizando seguridad pa “Caribbean Marketplace”: ARUBA LO MUSTRA DI TA E PAIS MAS SAFE DEN HENTER CONTINENTE AMERICANO
Segun Minister Rudy Croes

ORANJESTAD (AAN) – Manera ta conoci di dia 14 pa 16 di Januari awor, ta tuma lugar na Aruba e conferencia “Caribbean Marketplace”, cual ta e organizacion mas grandi cu tin riba tereno turistico.
Den conferencia di prensa cu Minister di Husticia sr. Rudy Croes a convoca ayera mainta, el a bisa cu gobierno no kier pa algo pasa den e dianan aki, ni den ningun otro actividad unda cu Aruba su nomber por worde daña atrobe turisticamente, na un forma devastador, y specialmente for di prensa Mericano hasta cu ayudo di cierto hendenan local. E mandatario a bisa cu no ta gobierno nan ta haci daño ni comunidad so, pero henter e pais Aruba y pa evita esaki Diaranzon el a convoca un reunion di seguridad, den cual tabata presente instancianan manera “Aruba Hotel Security Foundation”, AHATA, ATA, Cuerpo Policial, IASA, Douane, CEA, y mr. Ronny Bernadina cu ta trahando hunto cu e minister riba sistemanan di seguridad y asuntonan policial, unda cu e tin e coordinacion den su man, pero e coordinador general ta e Halto Comisario nobo.
E reunion aki a worde organiza pa garantiza cu den e proximo dianan lo tuma accionnan pa percura pa seguridad di tur hende cu ta bin, cu ta un total di mas of menos 1.500 persona cu ta envolvi den e mundo turistico mundial.
E dignatario a bisa cu durante di e conferencia “Caribbean Marketplace” mester bolbe haci di Aruba loke e tabata prome cu e sucedido di Natallee Holloway, cual caso ainda gobierno ta lamenta, pero mester drecha e nomber di nos pais internacionalmente, y nan mester di prensa local pa haci un trabao debido.

Leslie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #206 on: January 12, 2007, 09:10:05 AM »

The same story about a tourism conference in Bondia:
"a pasa cu Natalee Holloway"

Leslie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #207 on: January 12, 2007, 09:22:43 AM »

Translation of sucedido:

Spanish        -  happened
Portuguese   -  occurred

thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #208 on: January 12, 2007, 09:31:40 AM »

Quote from: "Carnut"
I've been coughing like crazy all day long, wonder if I'm coming down with something?

Ya'll know Nonesuche is really sick with pneumonia, too?  She can't even read her email.   Shocked  And I know so many people with pneumonia right now it is really strange.

I think it is the weather being too hot then too cold then back to real warm again, etc. Very strange.  Hard to know how to dress or how warm to keep the house, etc.

But I think I am getting something, too.  At least a deep chest cold and think I have a fever, too.  Bummer.

anna....i was reading from last night and saw your post.....on gma this morning they some "expert" that said colds and such are not caused by the changes in weather...lol!!!!! told the reporter on the story she did not get her cold when she was in denver in the cold wet snow...she probably picked it up on the airplane! colds are picked up indoors when you are exposed to people caring the germs!!! anyway...you may not see this...but i thought it applied!!!
Good Morning!
thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #209 on: January 12, 2007, 09:38:20 AM »

btw anna...i read your story about your sons accident....he sounds like a wonderful young man...glad his injuries healed!
and mrs red....i am so sorry about your friend....you and his family will be in my prayers!
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #210 on: January 12, 2007, 09:52:17 AM »

Morning, Monkeys.  Just wanted to say hello.  I still have that headache from h311 this morning, so I took a handful of Tylenol and aspirin and am going back to bed.  have a good day.  oh yeah, cold weather does not cause cold or changes in weather but it sure can trigger asthma

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #211 on: January 12, 2007, 10:30:56 AM »

No Subsidy, No Festival

January 10th 2007, Aruba.

ORANJESTAD-Aruba will not host Soul Beach Music Festival this year. The
festival is traditionally held in the third weekend of May together with
Memorial Day weekend. Organizers are seeking another Caribbean
destination for this year's festival.

The government has not granted subsidy to have the festival organized
on the island. In previous festivals held in Aruba, the organization
received subsidy of close to $1 million from the government. The subsidy
is now allocated to the organization of Caribbean Marketplace, a large
travel fair for tourism and business agents all across the World, to be held
on the island next week.

The Soul Beach Music Festival was hosted 6 times on the island of Aruba.
The intention of the festival was to entertain tourists during Memorial Day
Weekend. In addition the festival attracted many tourists in a traditionally
slow month for tourism.

This year's edition will be held from May 23rd-28th of 2007. The
organizers will soon announce the destination that will host this year's
festival. The Ministry of Tourism is counting on hosting the popular festival
in Aruba next year.

http://www.aruba-bb.com/viewtopic.php?t=39930
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #212 on: January 12, 2007, 10:45:00 AM »

Good morning friends.... Very Happy

Klaas....I would like to find a transcript of the conversation at the VDS home with Beth, Greta, Anita and Paulus.  Is it on our site or do I have to find it on FOX....? (Have not found it on FOX yet).....something has been bothering me about what Paulus said.  Thanks...

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #213 on: January 12, 2007, 10:46:29 AM »

Hello to our sick monkeys....wonder if any of you got flu shots this year?
Just wonder if that makes a difference..... Confused

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #214 on: January 12, 2007, 10:52:05 AM »

Mere - I'll see if I can find that transcript for you.

I got a pneumonia shot a couple years ago when flu shots were unavailable.  I've had pneumonia 3 times in the past and now bad colds tend to want to settle in my chest.  Since getting the flu shot I haven't even had a bad cold.
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #215 on: January 12, 2007, 10:57:25 AM »

Quote from: "thecuz"
Quote from: "Carnut"
I've been coughing like crazy all day long, wonder if I'm coming down with something?

Ya'll know Nonesuche is really sick with pneumonia, too?  She can't even read her email.   Shocked  And I know so many people with pneumonia right now it is really strange.

I think it is the weather being too hot then too cold then back to real warm again, etc. Very strange.  Hard to know how to dress or how warm to keep the house, etc.

But I think I am getting something, too.  At least a deep chest cold and think I have a fever, too.  Bummer.

anna....i was reading from last night and saw your post.....on gma this morning they some "expert" that said colds and such are not caused by the changes in weather...lol!!!!! told the reporter on the story she did not get her cold when she was in denver in the cold wet snow...she probably picked it up on the airplane! colds are picked up indoors when you are exposed to people caring the germs!!! anyway...you may not see this...but i thought it applied!!!
Good Morning!

Dr. Mehmet Oz said it on Oprah on Monday.  Colds and flu are caused by germs not changes in the weather, going outside with wet hair, etc.  I knew that.

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #216 on: January 12, 2007, 10:57:56 AM »

I got a pneumonia shot a couple years ago when flu shots were unavailable.  I've had pneumonia 3 times in the past and now bad colds tend to want to settle in my chest.  Since getting the flu shot I haven't even had a bad cold.

Klaas...my experience is the same....flu shot = no bad winter illness....
but that is for me.

I did notice that my grocery store has put antibacterial wipes next to the grocery carts and recommends wiping the handle of the cart...and I see more bathrooms have "push" doors so that you do not have to touch a handle that many people who have used the bathroom also touch... Confused

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #217 on: January 12, 2007, 10:58:47 AM »

NEW FRONT PAGE POST:

No Body No Crime … Not in the case of Murdered Brandy Rowe in KY

http://www.scaredmonkeys.com/2007/01/12/no-body-no-crime-not-in-the-case-of-murdered-brandy-rowe-in-ky/

So it appears “if there is no body” there can be a case and a crime. Such is the case in Saylerville, KY. Aruba may wish to take notes. Three Saylersville residents residents, Don Reed, Paul Arnett, and Linda Arnett, have been arrested in the murder of 28 year old Brandy Rowe
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #218 on: January 12, 2007, 11:04:56 AM »

Quote from: "MeMere"

Klaas...my experience is the same....flu shot = no bad winter illness....
but that is for me.

I did notice that my grocery store has put antibacterial wipes next to the grocery carts and recommends wiping the handle of the cart...and I see more bathrooms have "push" doors so that you do not have to touch a handle that many people who have used the bathroom also touch... Confused

Mere - yes, our grocery store does the same and I always use them.

I think this is the interview you are looking for:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,160298,00.html

http://www.scaredmonkeys.com/2005/06/21/beth-twitty-and-the-van-der-sloots-meet/
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #219 on: January 12, 2007, 11:12:43 AM »

Klaas....which one of the meetings had a camera inside the home (remember the one where Paulus took the phone call)...?  Is there a word for word transcript of that meeting....?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.