May 14, 2024, 07:27:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Elizabeth Olten #1 10/22/09 - 10/29/09  (Read 545024 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #860 on: October 25, 2009, 07:26:24 PM »

i am one of her best friends we were at school on the bus then my friend kendra told me that one of her friends was wacthing the news at home and said that elizabeth was dead so most of the people on our bus (mainly myself kendra,my sister,) got on ...our phones immediatley and called our familys immediatly. when they answered we told them to turn to the news when they told us we broke down we all did when another elamentry scholler got on she said i hope they find her then we satrted crying harder and harder when we had to tell her she absouletly were so enraged by her death yet so sad she looked like she was frozen then after we told her when and where they found she ran off of the bus me and my other friend had to catch her she kicked and bite and punched us that is how much we cared for her agin we couldnt be more sorry

http://www.facebook.com/search/?init=srp&sfxp=&q=elizabeth+olten#/pages/Help-find-elizabeth-Olten/177698802291?ref=search&sid=534422196.165684542..1
I have now read this three times, is she talking about herself and Kendra and her sister talking to the perp, and the perp kicked and bite and punched?    And thanks Klaas 

I read it as one of the other school mate friends reaction when she found out that Elizabeth had been found dead.  The person posting the message just wanted people to know how upset everyone is.
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #861 on: October 25, 2009, 07:32:17 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
Well, if this person is tried as a juvi, I hope she gets rehabilitated. When I was a kid there was a girl that killed her mom a couple of towns over. She and her friends made a pact to kill their parents, but she was the only one that went through with it. It was a big deal because she couldn't be tried as an adult back then. Years later, I am bowling with some people and this beautiful girl is with her boyfriend. It was this girl. She shortened her first name and I would have never known it was her. She was nice, kind and had gotten a college degree while in jail.

I hope this offender gets tried as an adult, but if this person doesn't, I hope he/she can get her life in order and be a productive citizen once she is released at 21. JMO JSM
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 11:05:49 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #862 on: October 25, 2009, 07:34:30 PM »

i am one of her best friends we were at school on the bus then my friend kendra told me that one of her friends was wacthing the news at home and said that elizabeth was dead so most of the people on our bus (mainly myself kendra,my sister,) got on ...our phones immediatley and called our familys immediatly. when they answered we told them to turn to the news when they told us we broke down we all did when another elamentry scholler got on she said i hope they find her then we satrted crying harder and harder when we had to tell her she absouletly were so enraged by her death yet so sad she looked like she was frozen then after we told her when and where they found she ran off of the bus me and my other friend had to catch her she kicked and bite and punched us that is how much we cared for her agin we couldnt be more sorry

http://www.facebook.com/search/?init=srp&sfxp=&q=elizabeth+olten#/pages/Help-find-elizabeth-Olten/177698802291?ref=search&sid=534422196.165684542..1
I have now read this three times, is she talking about herself and Kendra and her sister talking to the perp, and the perp kicked and bite and punched?    And thanks Klaas 

I read it as one of the other school mate friends reaction when she found out that Elizabeth had been found dead.  The person posting the message just wanted people to know how upset everyone is.
That is the way I read it too, just another student that was venting her anger at the news of Elizabeth's death. JMO JSM

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #863 on: October 25, 2009, 07:36:16 PM »

I read it the same as Klaas, a classmate and friend describing the reaction of the kids on the bus when they heard Elizabeth was dead.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #864 on: October 25, 2009, 08:38:20 PM »

Thank-you, I guess that I need to brush up on my kid talk again, it just wasn't making sense. So terrible for all the friends and school kids, I hope they go to the school counselors that will be available.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #865 on: October 25, 2009, 08:40:55 PM »

JSM, that is great that the girl turned her life around, I'm skeptical of things like that happening, I'm sure it does in some cases, but I'm afraid some may come out of jail angrier then when they went in.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #866 on: October 25, 2009, 08:49:37 PM »

Don't miss the Dana Pretzer show tonight.  Looking at tonights guests, I'm sure they will be discussing this case and others recently in the news:

Click on the link below:

http://scaredmonkeysradio.com/radio.m3u
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #867 on: October 25, 2009, 08:50:18 PM »

From myspace.  I am not putting the link to the account as I suspect they really are not 84 years old:

one of my friends turned out to be a serial killer....who would have guessed Mood: disturbed
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #868 on: October 25, 2009, 08:50:57 PM »

Don't miss the Dana Pretzer show tonight.  Looking at tonights guests, I'm sure they will be discussing this case and others recently in the news:

Click on the link below:

http://scaredmonkeysradio.com/radio.m3u

Thanks for the reminder!
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #869 on: October 25, 2009, 09:08:08 PM »

Please no nanner throwing, but yesterday I was kind of on the fence about Elizabeth's family, with the brother's education fund, dad being in prison, etc.

But reading the thanks they have given to the volunteers, LE, all the way down to McDonalds for providing food and the FB message they sent to Somer's family. I am very ashamed of what I was thinking yesterday about Elizabeth's family.   

JSM no nanners.  We all have thought wrong things in different cases.  That family does have skeletons that are not hidden.     I truly feel bad for Dale Sr who found out about it by watch the TV in prison.  Regardless of what he has done he should have never found out like that.

You have a huge heart.   an angelic monkey

nothing at all to be ashamed of! it was a strange, if not different request to contribute to the brother's education fund...no big deal..most thought that it was not the norm..that's all...not degrading the family in any way...and You do have a huge heart...monkeys have big hearts...

fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #870 on: October 25, 2009, 09:18:52 PM »

Idk much about this one but from what I read I agree with the poster who said it could be an arguement over the cellphone.  I have not read the article on Huff Post yet tho about the place she was put possibly being done earlier.  That would make this a very different story.

Very sad.  Seems like girls/women are vulnerable at all ages for senseless tragedy.   

I agree with you.

Totally off topic, I just love your cat!

Ariana TY she's my babygirl and Welcome to scared monkeys.
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #871 on: October 25, 2009, 09:23:50 PM »

There's an article out there about the cellphone being found somewhere near Somer and it was transmitting a signal.  IIRC.  I wonder if it was used by the perp also.  I'll try to grab the article and post it in a little while. 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #872 on: October 25, 2009, 09:35:06 PM »

There's an article out there about the cellphone being found somewhere near Somer and it was transmitting a signal.  IIRC.  I wonder if it was used by the perp also.  I'll try to grab the article and post it in a little while. 

I think you meant Elizabeth? 

Police found Elizabeth's body, along with her cell phone, deep in the woods near her home in St. Martins-in an area that had been previously searched by officials and volunteers.

http://www.connectmidmissouri.com/news/story.aspx?id=367283
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #873 on: October 25, 2009, 09:36:22 PM »

COLE COUNTY -- Update, Sunday 8:27 p.m.:

Confidential law enforcement sources and St. Martin's residents continue to tell KRCG the suspect to be charged in Elizabeth Olten's death is a 15 year old girl from Elizabeth's neighborhood.

Cole County authorities will not confirm that information.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #874 on: October 25, 2009, 09:37:06 PM »

I read that also, maybe the perp grabbed the cell phone from Elizabeth and ran into the woods, and Elizabeth ran after her to get her phone back, and that is how she ended up in the woods. And then a confrontation happened in the woods?
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #875 on: October 25, 2009, 09:47:51 PM »

I read that also, maybe the perp grabbed the cell phone from Elizabeth and ran into the woods, and Elizabeth ran after her to get her phone back, and that is how she ended up in the woods. And then a confrontation happened in the woods?

could be...but then would it still be considered first degree murder? I would sure rather believe that this 15yr old murdered Elizabeth in a fit of  instant rage rather than planning out her death...either way, Elizabeth is still dead and this 15 yr old is going to jail for a long long time...hopefully..
it is hard to wrap my brain around a 15 yr old girl doing this to another little girl...she has to have mental problems to do this to a child...jmo

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #876 on: October 25, 2009, 10:00:03 PM »

could be...but then would it still be considered first degree murder? I would sure rather believe that this 15yr old murdered Elizabeth in a fit of  instant rage rather than planning out her death...either way, Elizabeth is still dead and this 15 yr old is going to jail for a long long time...hopefully..
it is hard to wrap my brain around a 15 yr old girl doing this to another little girl...she has to have mental problems to do this to a child...jmo
I just don't know, I have been trying to figure out how Elizabeth got in those woods, so I'm just thinking of different ideas of how this perp may have lured her, very confusing.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #877 on: October 25, 2009, 10:01:12 PM »

COLE COUNTY -- Update, Sunday 8:27 p.m.:

Confidential law enforcement sources and St. Martin's residents continue to tell KRCG the suspect to be charged in Elizabeth Olten's death is a 15 year old girl from Elizabeth's neighborhood.

Cole County authorities will not confirm that information.

Thanks
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #878 on: October 25, 2009, 10:03:54 PM »

One article said the cell phone was found on her body.  That would negate the whole chase theory.  Another article said very very near her body.   I am trying to find those two articles.   I know I posted them.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #879 on: October 25, 2009, 10:10:04 PM »

15-year-old charged with murder of Mo. girl

ST. MARTINS, Mo. — Juvenile authorities said Saturday that a 15-year-old has been charged with first-degree murder for the death of a 9-year-old central Missouri girl found in the woods two days after she went missing.

Police did not release the teen's gender or name and provided few other details about the person suspected of killing Elizabeth Olten. Cole County Sheriff Greg White has said the teenage suspect is not related to Elizabeth but was acquainted with her and is from the same area just west of Jefferson City.

Several hundred people braved soaking rain and cold weather to search a heavily wooded area near Elizabeth's home after she was reported missing Wednesday evening. Police found Elizabeth's body Friday afternoon after the suspect led them to a wooded area several hundred yards from her St. Martins house, White said.

"We had been in that area — actually more than once. The body was very well concealed," said White, who would not say whether police believed Elizabeth had been killed there.

Under Missouri law, children as young as 12 can be charged as adults with first-degree murder. But the case must start in the juvenile court system while a hearing is held on whether to transfer it to an adult court. Juvenile court records generally are closed under Missouri law unless a judge grants an exception.

Cole County Juvenile Court Administrator Michael Couty said the suspect was in the custody of the juvenile justice system and would undergo a background and psychological check. Couty planned to request a hearing next week before a family court judge to determine whether the suspect should be tried as a juvenile or as an adult. That hearing would be closed to the public.

Police initially had said Elizabeth was last seen walking home from a neighbor's house on Wednesday night. White said that timeline was developed through interviews.

But on Saturday, White declined to say whether police believed Elizabeth had started walking home when she encountered the suspect. He said many details could not be released to avoid risking the prosecution's case and because the suspect is a juvenile.

An autopsy was being conducted Saturday to determine the time and cause of death.

Police would not say Saturday whether there had been a confession, nor would they describe the teen's demeanor or offer more details about written documents that led them to the suspect. White also declined to say whether calls had been made from Elizabeth's cell phone, which was found "very, very close" to her.

Police narrowed the primary search area after tracing the phone's general location, but the phone's battery had died by Thursday morning.

The Olten family has received help since Elizabeth's disappearance from Missouri Missing, a group that highlights missing-person cases and provides emergency aid to families. Group spokeswoman Ra'Vae Edwards relayed a request for comment Saturday to Elizabeth's family.

"They don't have anything to say right now other than they're working on arrangements for the funeral," Edwards said, "And they wanted to thank the community for their support and prayers."

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/top/all/6684211.html

bump
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.