May 04, 2024, 08:44:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #668 7/28 - 7/30/2007  (Read 181043 times)
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #480 on: July 29, 2007, 11:01:26 AM »

BT I have the answer I think. You need to switch from the hotel uplink to the one at your home. Do you know how to do this, or do I need to make some screen shots to explain it?

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #481 on: July 29, 2007, 11:02:33 AM »

Sorry if I'm asking things that people asked all day yesterday.

1. Is there a way on here to go to a specific page?
2. Is there a way to search for someone's posts? I could never get the hang of that at all at BFN.

TY

1.  Don't have that answer for you yet
2.  The easiest way I've found to search for a particular persons posts is to go to the Member list, find them then look at their profile and you can choose view their posts.

Remember - this is new to me too

Thanks. I haven't had a chance to read all the things that have been said since the changeover, but I'm sure you've been bombarded with 10,000 questions. Thanks for being patient with us.

I Stand With The Girl
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #482 on: July 29, 2007, 11:03:20 AM »

CBB
Now I can see the Scroll bar  Laughing Laughing
Where the heck is it, please?   Sad I've been following your conversation, and I sure can't find a scroll bar thing.  Confused Confused
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #483 on: July 29, 2007, 11:04:55 AM »

Morning monkeys.  Is Nonsey back yet with the donuts?  I bet she's being a tease again this morning.  Well, after a nap, as prescribed by San, I think I may be able to handle the new cage a little better today. 

I have a proposal.  Since we have some newbies here could we begin from the beginning again?  Maybe we could go over everything one more time and see what we have missed.  Now, that we more to work with I was thinking the newbies would probably ask questions that we have thought about before but didn't know the answers to at the time.  We have much better resources now to search for the answers.  Just a thought. 

Waiting for those donuts...
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #484 on: July 29, 2007, 11:05:15 AM »

BT I have the answer I think. You need to switch from the hotel uplink to the one at your home. Do you know how to do this, or do I need to make some screen shots to explain it?

Thanks, Rob. I don't know if the screen shots would help or not, but it wouldn't hurt to try. Is it something you could email to me? The only amusing part of all this is that hubby is a computer network manager for the State of Tennessee (head of his whole dept even), and HE can't figure out how to get the laptop to reconnect to the wireless here at home. Go figure! It's like the shoe maker's children being the ones to go without shoes.  Laughing

I Stand With The Girl
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #485 on: July 29, 2007, 11:06:11 AM »

CBB
Where the heck is it, please?   Sad I've been following your conversation, and I sure can't find a scroll bar thing.  Confused Confused

I think they see it when they have their favorites (on the left) drop down menu opened.
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #486 on: July 29, 2007, 11:08:08 AM »

Thanks, Rob. I don't know if the screen shots would help or not, but it wouldn't hurt to try. Is it something you could email to me? The only amusing part of all this is that hubby is a computer network manager for the State of Tennessee (head of his whole dept even), and HE can't figure out how to get the laptop to reconnect to the wireless here at home. Go figure! It's like the shoe maker's children being the ones to go without shoes.  Laughing

BT
Go to you wireless card utility, Remove all the connections and then Add back your connection only.  Should reconnect to your home wireless only.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #487 on: July 29, 2007, 11:08:09 AM »

Just a thought.  If your wireless card for your laptop is one you can pull out..have you tried pulling it out and re-inserting it?  It will look again for a wireless connection.
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #488 on: July 29, 2007, 11:08:36 AM »

oldfart  or anyone

Does the Print button automatically print the whole thread...or...can it be used to review and not print?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #489 on: July 29, 2007, 11:10:00 AM »

oldfart  or anyone

Does the Print button automatically print the whole thread...or...can it be used to review and not print?

I just clicked on the print button and it opens to another screen that you can view. 
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #490 on: July 29, 2007, 11:10:51 AM »

Just a thought.  If your wireless card for your laptop is one you can pull out..have you tried pulling it out and re-inserting it?  It will look again for a wireless connection.

I don't know if hubby tried that last night or not. He took it away with him and grumbled over it for hours, then returned it me and grumbled that he had done everything he could to make it work but it wouldn't. It says it's connected to the wireless network, but it says it's not "associated" with it. It's all Greek to me.  Confused

I Stand With The Girl
NYC_lover
Monkey Junky Jr.

The Mercedes GL

« Reply #491 on: July 29, 2007, 11:11:03 AM »

What is scroll-bar and where can I find it?
Is there away, how you can somebody PMed, yet?

I am glad hear this media attention from the Netherlands. ‘Recherche verdraait informatie te vaak’
Investigators in a black breach and again a bad name of the Dutch police. It smells again to Corrpution and a negative researching in missing persons cases
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #492 on: July 29, 2007, 11:11:14 AM »

BT- in the right hand corner of your task bar... all the way ovah to the right... near the clock... do you see a small monitor icon with a series of these )))?

right click that on your laptop... not your husbands.

Then you will see a box that says view available wireless connections. click that.

Then click the one for your home and hit connect. It should ask if you want to change and force a connection... hit YES.

That will reset your home connection.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #493 on: July 29, 2007, 11:12:36 AM »

oldfart  or anyone

I just clicked on the print button and it opens to another screen that you can view. 

Yowzers...that is nice!!  Very Happy
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #494 on: July 29, 2007, 11:12:52 AM »

I don't know if the scroll bar thing works for everyone, I still don't see it.  I also don't think the PM feature works yet. 
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #495 on: July 29, 2007, 11:13:53 AM »

CBB

I think they see it when they have their favorites (on the left) drop down menu opened.
Buckeye ~ thanks for the answer ~ I think I'll just blow it off . . . I'm regressing from yesterday.   Embarassed Embarassed
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #496 on: July 29, 2007, 11:16:32 AM »

I think scroll bar only appears if there's an avatar and only if the favorites drop down menu is opened.

No PMs yet and I don't have the little thing Klaas showed a picture of.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #497 on: July 29, 2007, 11:16:47 AM »

Klaas
Thanks for digg info

BlueMoon
You look great

Kat_Gram
Glad you got your passport (I read the FP).

I have never seen an indication that the K2 were around.  I do recall a comment made that in a previous situation, they were at C&Cs (back in some booth) similiar to the MB night.

Hey, Buckeye? I'm going to test out the image/avatar theory and post a buckeye for you if you want it, k?

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c100/crazybabyborgs/buckeye.gif
NYC_lover
Monkey Junky Jr.

The Mercedes GL

« Reply #498 on: July 29, 2007, 11:17:16 AM »

I don't know if the scroll bar thing works for everyone, I still don't see it.  I also don't think the PM feature works yet. 

Thank you Klaasend

I am glad hear this media attention from the Netherlands. ‘Recherche verdraait informatie te vaak’
Investigators in a black breach and again a bad name of the Dutch police. It smells again to Corrpution and a negative researching in missing persons cases
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #499 on: July 29, 2007, 11:19:26 AM »

tcumom

These are the days to play and ask away.  I figure, if I wait a week, I'll really look stupid.   Laughing Laughing
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.