May 22, 2024, 12:06:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gabriel Johnson #3 1/27/10 - 2/16/10  (Read 427348 times)
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1260 on: February 06, 2010, 07:52:57 PM »

There's been so much rain in the San Antonio area lately, and  some areas have standing water.  I was driving about 30 mi. from San Antonio today, and there's water in some of the fields, and water can be seen draining along the limestone areas that were cut out for roadwork.  So, still a lot of water around.

Thanks Muffy.  Looks like next Friday will be the first day w/o rain and maybe they need some warm weather for the conditions to dry up.

Poor little Gabriel, wherever he is.
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1261 on: February 06, 2010, 07:54:33 PM »

Thanks and noted.   
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1262 on: February 06, 2010, 08:10:18 PM »

Texas police: Missing Ariz. baby case a homicide

SAN ANTONIO, Texas — San Antonio police say they are investigating the case of missing 8-month-old Gabriel Johnson as a kidnapping and homicide.

Police Chief William McManus says officers will search a landfill for the baby's body as soon as weather permits.

McManus says classifying the case as a homicide Saturday allows them to search for a body.

The child was last seen Dec. 26 in San Antonio with his mother, 23-year-old Elizabeth Johnson.

She was arrested Dec. 30 in Florida and has been charged in Arizona with kidnapping, child abuse and custodial interference.

The case drew national attention when the child's father pleaded for his son's safe return on national TV.

The couple had been in a custody dispute when Johnson left Tempe with the baby Dec. 18.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/tx/6854916.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1263 on: February 06, 2010, 08:14:36 PM »

Only On 9: Baby Gabriel's Father Getting Help In El Paso (with video)

It is a story that has captured the attention of the nation -- an Arizona mother who claimed to have killed her baby, cut up his body and thrown him in a dumpster.

Then, that mother changed her story, which has brought El Paso into the mix. The child's father is now getting help from local private investigator J. Jay Armes. After being arrested in Miami, baby Gabriel's mother changed her story. She claimed she did not kill the baby but instead sold the baby in a parking lot in San Antonio.

"We have not received any indication that they have found any traces of child or blood, or a child that was cut up like she said she had done," J. Jay Armes said.

Armes has put together a team of private investigators to work on the case. He is tracking the baby to see if the 8 month old was sold to a couple and trafficked into Mexico.

If you have any information on where Baby Gabriel Johnson may be you can contact The Investigators at www.jjarmes.com

http://www.ktsm.com/news/search-baby-gabriel
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1264 on: February 06, 2010, 08:26:00 PM »

Baby Gabriel search turns to murder investigation

SAN ANTONIO - The search for Gabriel Johnson, a missing Arizona baby who was last seen in San Antonio, has turned into a murder investigation. San Antonio Police Chief William McManus told News 4 WOAI on Saturday that police have officially opened up a murder case on baby Gabriel.

News 4 WOAI asked Chief McManus whether this turn in the case means police do not think Gabriel is alive.

Chief McManus paused before answering, “We are going to search that landfill and the question becomes why are you searching a landfill if it's a missing person case. So all hopes are that we will find the baby alive, but we are going to proceed with a murder investigation."

News 4 WOAI has learned SAPD detectives met with Gabriel’s father, Logan McQueary, Saturday morning. Detectives spent several hours updating McQueary on their investigation. McQueary arrived in San Antonio Friday night to begin his own search for his son.

McQueary told News 4 WOAI he believes his son Gabriel is still alive. When we asked McQueary how long he plans to be in San Antonio searching for Gabriel, McQueary replied, “As long as it takes.”

The child was last seen Dec. 26 in San Antonio with his mother, 23-year-old Elizabeth Johnson. She was arrested Dec. 30 in Florida and has been charged in Arizona with kidnapping, child abuse and custodial interference.

The case drew national attention when the child's father pleaded for his son's safe return on national TV.

The couple had been in a custody dispute when Johnson left Tempe with the baby Dec. 18.

http://www.woai.com/news/local/story/Baby-Gabriel-search-turns-to-murder-investigation/aGXxrhrncUiaRxUTXhlliA.cspx
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1265 on: February 06, 2010, 08:30:49 PM »

Police: Baby Gabriel case now a homicide

San Antonio Police Chief William McManus announced Saturday that the case of the missing Arizona infant known as Baby Gabriel is now being investigated as a kidnapping and a homicide.

McManus also said the Police Department would begin searching an East Side landfill as soon as weather permits for the body of 8-month-old Gabriel Johnson. The baby last was seen Dec. 26 in San Antonio with his mother Elizabeth Johnson.

Johnson was arrested Dec. 30 in Florida and is charged in Arizona with kidnapping, child abuse and custodial interference.

“Classifying this as a homicide allows us to search for a dead body,” McManus said in an afternoon press conference. “You could ask, ‘How can you search for a dead body if it's a missing person's case?'”

A segment of the landfill in the 7000 block of Interstate 10 East has been blocked off after police officials contacted the waste management company about a potential search, said Peg Mulloy, spokeswoman for Arizona-based Republic Services Inc., which owns the 1,000-acre landfill.

McManus said the Police Department has been planning on searching the Tessman Road Landfill site “for a long time.”

“Logistics make it hard,” he said. “We've been working with contractors, and worrying about toxic runoff associated with landfills. And, the weather hasn't been cooperating. We're expecting more rain in the next couple days.”

McManus said there was no rush to search the landfill “because evidence is not being lost.”

MORE...

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/Police_Baby_Gabriel_investigation_now_a_homicide_case.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1266 on: February 06, 2010, 08:32:53 PM »

Baby Gabriel's Father Meets With SAPD

POSTED: Saturday, February 6, 2010
UPDATED: 7:15 pm CST February 6, 2010

SAN ANTONIO -- The father of a missing 8-month-old baby from Arizona met with San Antonio police Saturday morning.

Logan McQqueary, baby Gabriels father, showed up at SAPD's downtown station around 9 a.m.

He met with detectives for several hours. Shortly after that meeting, SAPD Chief William McManus called a press conference to announce he was directing detectives from homicide and missing persons to investigate the disappearance of baby Gabriel.

McManus also said the department will move forward with the landfill search.

McManus said that decision was based on the first text message Elizabeth Johnson sent to McQueary. That text message said that she had killed Gabriel and put him in a dumpster near her hotel.

McManus said officers have tracked the possible location at the landfill. He said they have that area in the landfill and plan to search it as soon as weather permits.

"All hopes are that we would find the baby alive, but we are going to proceed with a murder investigation," said McManus.

Baby Gabrial was last seen with his mother, Eliabeth Johnson, at a hotel in San Antonio Dec. 26th.

http://www.ksat.com/news/22488161/detail.html
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #1267 on: February 06, 2010, 08:33:31 PM »

Search for Baby Gabriel now a murder investigation 

According to police, there is information that Baby Gabriel, who was last seen in San Antonio the day after Christmas, was murdered and dumped in a landfill.

SAPD said the section of the landfill has been closed off and they  will begin an active search in that area for the body.

Police Chief William McManus said that although they still hope to find the baby alive, for now the case will be treated as a murder investigation.

Homicide detectives have been assigned to the case.

http://www.kens5.com/

I can't even believe this - my heart is hurting, this has ruined my day.

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1268 on: February 06, 2010, 08:35:38 PM »

Search for Baby Gabriel now a murder investigation (video)

http://www.kens5.com/news/bab-83722477.html
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1269 on: February 06, 2010, 08:37:31 PM »

Baby Gabriel search turns to murder investigation

SAN ANTONIO - The search for Gabriel Johnson, a missing Arizona baby who was last seen in San Antonio, has turned into a murder investigation. San Antonio Police Chief William McManus told News 4 WOAI on Saturday that police have officially opened up a murder case on baby Gabriel.

News 4 WOAI asked Chief McManus whether this turn in the case means police do not think Gabriel is alive.

Chief McManus paused before answering, “We are going to search that landfill and the question becomes why are you searching a landfill if it's a missing person case. So all hopes are that we will find the baby alive, but we are going to proceed with a murder investigation."

News 4 WOAI has learned SAPD detectives met with Gabriel’s father, Logan McQueary, Saturday morning. Detectives spent several hours updating McQueary on their investigation. McQueary arrived in San Antonio Friday night to begin his own search for his son.

McQueary told News 4 WOAI he believes his son Gabriel is still alive. When we asked McQueary how long he plans to be in San Antonio searching for Gabriel, McQueary replied, “As long as it takes.”

The child was last seen Dec. 26 in San Antonio with his mother, 23-year-old Elizabeth Johnson. She was arrested Dec. 30 in Florida and has been charged in Arizona with kidnapping, child abuse and custodial interference.

http://www.woai.com/news/local/story/Baby-Gabriel-search-turns-to-murder-investigation/aGXxrhrncUiaRxUTXhlliA.cspx

The handling of this case has frustrated me to no end.  I have had to step away.

Considering refuge just keeps piling up in a landfill daily ... considering the text message from Elizabeth ... considering Logan's own words in court records ... considering prior incidences in the home ... the disappearance of little Gabriel should have been a parallel investigation from day one.  LE waiting one month priot to "thinking" about searching the landfill and ... halting dumping of refuge in a designated area..

Janet

+++++

Lost baby born into troubled home life
Jan. 17, 2010 12:00 AM

Relationship deteriorates

In custody documents filed in December in Maricopa County Superior Court, McQueary said he ended the relationship. In July, he alleged, she became enraged when he didn't return home from work on time and took a knife to his clothing, the couch and the baby crib. She broke dishes and took a cooking pan and smashed the TV while the baby was in the Tempe apartment.

They were forced to move into another apartment.

McQueary said Johnson got out of control again in September when she got mad at her brother on the phone. She cut up the baby's clothes and the crib and broke every window in the apartment. Johnson spent the evening in jail and went through a diversion program on the criminal-damage charges, according to Tempe Municipal Court records.

McQueary wrote in custody documents that he tried to work out their differences, downplaying the order of protection he got against Johnson.

It wasn't enough.

When he broke up with her in mid-December, she told him to take the baby. Then she called police to report Gabriel had been kidnapped.

McQueary petitioned for full custody of Gabriel on Dec. 11 and followed up three days later with an emergency request for temporary custody without notice to the mother.

"She has said several times in the past that she doesn't want the baby," he wrote in his petition, filed on Dec. 14. "She's yelled and screamed at him when I would go to work. When I would go to work, I would put the baby in his room and when I would get home five hours later he would still be in the room (with) no changed diaper and crying and I would ask her what she was doing and she would just yell at me and say go shut that thing up."

He asked again for temporary full custody six days later and told the court she "will run with Gabriel Johnson and hide."

On Dec. 21, in a petition to enforce child-custody determination, he wrote, "When Elizabeth gets mad, she can and will hurt the baby."

By then, she had been away from her home in a Tempe trailer park for three days.

More:
http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/local/articles/2010/01/17/20100117missingbaby0117.html

Exclusive: Police expected to search landfill for missing baby
Last Update: 1/23 8:13 am

BEXAR COUNTY, Texas -- Police were at a landfill Friday that officials previously said they might want to search in connection with the case of a missing 8-month-old baby.

Gabriel Johnson was last seen in San Antonio on December 26th. Last week, investigators informed the operators of the Allied Waste - Tessman Road Landfill located at 7000 IH-10 East about the possibility of a search.

News 4 WOAI have been checking the site each day. When News 4 WOAI crew pulled up to the site Friday, several officers were there along with search dogs. However, police would not answer any questions.

http://www.woai.com/news/local/story/Exclusive-Police-expected-to-search-landfill-for/zwNXyG1pAkyavvRY9wVmZg.cspx

February 2, 2010 10:19 AM
Missing Baby Gabriel Johnson: Police Focus on Landfill, Do They Believe 8-Month-Old is Dead?

Gabriel was last seen Dec. 26, 2009. Elizabeth Johnson, 23, was picked up by police Dec. 30 in Miami. She had left her car in San Antonio and eventually told police she gave her baby to strangers there.

But she also allegedly sent a text message to the baby's father, Logan McQueary, saying that she killed Gabriel, stuffed him in a diaper bag and threw it in a dumpster.

"You will never see Gabriel again. I made sure of that," read a text McQueary showed CBS affiliate KPHO. "When I'm safe, I'll email you the exact location of dead Gabriel's little blue body, if the garbage don't come first."

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2010/02/02/crimesider/entry6166019.shtml

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1270 on: February 06, 2010, 08:37:47 PM »

Search for Baby Gabriel now a murder investigation 

According to police, there is information that Baby Gabriel, who was last seen in San Antonio the day after Christmas, was murdered and dumped in a landfill.

SAPD said the section of the landfill has been closed off and they will begin an active search in that area for the body.

Police Chief William McManus said that although they still hope to find the baby alive, for now the case will be treated as a murder investigation.

Homicide detectives have been assigned to the case.

http://www.kens5.com/

How incredibly heartbreaking. I was really hoping she had given him to someone to hide. Sad

If Gabriel is dead then both Tammi and EJ should be sent to Texas to face the death penalty IMO.  Tammi is just as guilty if not more for being puppet master, orchestrating this and pushing it to where it is now all for her own personal desire to have another child IMO.  I am just so mad and so sad right now. 
I couldn't agree more - and I am so mad and sad too Northern Rose - I did not expect to read this when I logged on tonight - my stomach hurts and I want to hit something.  Tammi Smith should be held responsible for this right along side EJ. 

Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1271 on: February 06, 2010, 08:40:57 PM »

The KPHO article says they have to classify it as a homicide to search the landfill.  To some degree that leaves hope, yet all the SA news say there is strong reason to believe Gabriel was murdered.  Why can they not search a landfill unless it is a homicide?  Makes no sense.
That doesn't make any sense at all - they searched the landfill for Somer right away - I don't get this at all.

Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1272 on: February 06, 2010, 08:44:28 PM »

<snipped>

http://www.kens5.com/news/bab-83722477.html
WTH??

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1273 on: February 06, 2010, 08:50:04 PM »

The KPHO article says they have to classify it as a homicide to search the landfill.  To some degree that leaves hope, yet all the SA news say there is strong reason to believe Gabriel was murdered.  Why can they not search a landfill unless it is a homicide?  Makes no sense.
That doesn't make any sense at all - they searched the landfill for Somer right away - I don't get this at all.

Exactly!  AND there was an Amber Alert out for Somer immediately.  There has NEVER been an Amber Alert for Gabriel even after police knew EJ was on the run and had lost custody            
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1274 on: February 06, 2010, 08:51:09 PM »

I guess I better start thinking up a new facebook name.

When you do, please tell her this monkey thinks she should be fried more crispy than KFC chicken.   

Edit: Fix quote. MB
The only drawback to opening a different FB page is you have to give your cell number...I already got 2 messages on my regular FB page asking if I changed my cell number. You can only post after they send you a code to your cell. I don't want to get kicked off by FB. Tammi isn't worth it.
Darla I think you can use email instead of a cell phone - just means you need to set up another email address. I am so ready to get on there and start hissing at the beotch.   

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1275 on: February 06, 2010, 08:54:01 PM »

Janet-I snipped this from your last post:
Considering refuge just keeps piling up in a landfill daily(snip)

There is a post by northernrose indicates the area being considered for searching for Gabriel doesn't continue to receive refuse:

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=6945.msg1068302#msg1068302

Link to article: 
http://www.kpho.com/news/22480982/detail.html

<snip>Managers of the landfill have blocked off an area that might be searched for the baby, but police said they hadn't yet searched the site and decline to say whether they plan to do so. A portion of the Tessman Road Landfill was cordoned off based on where Gabriel was last seen on Dec. 26 in San Antonio.<snip>

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #1276 on: February 06, 2010, 08:55:03 PM »

And where pray tell did the info that she cut baby Gabriel into pieces come from? I have not heard that before unless it is something that has been kept quiet.

And what does the sheriff mean by toxic run off looking for the baby?.

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1277 on: February 06, 2010, 09:01:35 PM »

And where pray tell did the info that she cut baby Gabriel into pieces come from? I have not heard that before unless it is something that has been kept quiet.

I don't know about the first question.  I hadn't heard that before.

But I think I can help with what the sheriff meant by toxic run off looking for baby Gabriel.   Searching garbage dumps can be a very dangerous business.  I learned a lot about that when Red, the owner of SM was helping search for Natalee with others in Aruba.  Some of them became very ill, including Red.  The San Antonio area has had a lot of rain lately, and there is still a lot of water around.  There would be water at the garbage dumps and it would make it dangerous for the searchers, because the water is contaminated/toxic.  It sounds like they want to wait until it isn't so wet to procede with the search.  That's just what think, anyway. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1278 on: February 06, 2010, 09:02:00 PM »

Exactly!  AND there was an Amber Alert out for Somer immediately.  There has NEVER been an Amber Alert for Gabriel even after police knew EJ was on the run and had lost custody            
That is a very good question Northern Rose - why was there no Amber Alert????......I need to read up on McManus - he was the police chief down in Minneapolis and if I recall there was some controversial issues surrounding him, I can't recall for sure.  I am going to do some snooping.

darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #1279 on: February 06, 2010, 09:16:40 PM »

I don't know about the first question.  I hadn't heard that before.

But I think I can help with what the sheriff meant by toxic run off looking for baby Gabriel.   Searching garbage dumps can be a very dangerous business.  I learned a lot about that when Red, the owner of SM was helping search for Natalee with others in Aruba.  Some of them became very ill, including Red.  The San Antonio area has had a lot of rain lately, and there is still a lot of water around.  There would be water at the garbage dumps and it would make it dangerous for the searchers, because the water is contaminated/toxic.  It sounds like they want to wait until it isn't so wet to procede with the search.  That's just what think, anyway. 

Oh thank you Muffy. I didn't realize that or even think about that way.

I also saw where you had left me a post in Caylee's thread. You can delete my email addy if you will. Thank you!

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.