May 22, 2024, 06:43:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zahra Clare Baker #6 11/4/10 - 11/11/10  (Read 190994 times)
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #240 on: November 06, 2010, 12:40:14 PM »

Why no shoes:

I imagine the police took Zahra's shoes as evidence.  They can establish how her shoes were worn- the angle of the prosthetic vs the shape of the foot on the prosthetic.

Also, this can show what size her right foot was vs the shoe size of the left prosthetic foot.  Would this not show neglect if her right shoe size were a size 4 and the prosthetic a child's size 13?

Yes, you're right.  Also, people who wear prostetics don't wear a lot of different shoes.  Too hard to change them out.  But there should be some shoes.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #241 on: November 06, 2010, 12:43:23 PM »

Dying of cancer or a virus wouldn't spread blood one the ceiling, the walls and the floor....LE took out huge pieces of each. 

Oh no it wouldn't, you're exactly right!!! 

The cops have to determine if this was murder, or part of the cover up.

Since they have removed parts of the ceiling, and we assume it's from blood on the ceiling, Zahra was ALIVE when whatever it was that took place to cause the blood on the ceiling. 

Determining Direction in Blood Spatter Analysis
Point of Origin is Important for Blood Evidence at Crime Scenes

http://www.suite101.com/content/determining-direction-in-blood-spatter-analysis-a171816

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #242 on: November 06, 2010, 01:01:07 PM »

I suspect that a live Zahra never moved to Hickory.  I could be wrong.

Janet

According to LE they confirmed she did move to Hickory but I suppose they could be wrong too. 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #243 on: November 06, 2010, 01:13:14 PM »

Janet

According to LE they confirmed she did move to Hickory but I suppose they could be wrong too. 
I was even wondering if the people at the furniture store had the wrong date? That could have happened, or Zahra really could have been in the store.
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #244 on: November 06, 2010, 01:15:44 PM »

Janet

All they'd have to do to prove she moved is fingerprint her room.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #245 on: November 06, 2010, 01:25:30 PM »

Janet

All they'd have to do to prove she moved is fingerprint her room.
And with what all the police were doing in the house and yard, she had to have moved to Hickory or I don't think they would have been doing all that work for evidence.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #246 on: November 06, 2010, 01:29:02 PM »

Considering Zahra finished Grade 4 while living in the trailer park but was not registered  for Grade 5 in the fall of 2010 following the family's move to Hickory ... I suspect that something happened to this little girl sometime in the summer.

Rather than the Hickory house ... I contend the trailer home should be the primary focus of a search.

Janet

++++

Punishment was her routine
Updated: November 01, 2010 - 8:34 PM

The family moved to the U.S. in December 2008.

They lived with Elisa Baker’s father in Hickory until a falling out over money in the summer of 2009.

Adam, Elisa and Zahra moved into an apartment in Granite Falls in July 2009, and Zahra would spend most of the fourth grade at Granite Falls Elementary School.

In Granite Falls, the family lived on Congress Street in an apartment next door to apartment manager Shirley Mims and her husband Darrell.

<snipped>

But a few weeks after they moved in, she started hearing Adam and Elisa Baker a lot.

“They fought verbally and physically with each other. You could hear it through the walls,” Mims said. “They’d even take it out into the parking lot.”

The Bakers were fighting so much one time that it knocked the pictures off the wall the Mims shared with the Bakers, Mims said.

The fighting got so bad that Mims said she asked them to move out in early November 2009. In a day and a half, they were gone.

<snipped>

The family moved into the trailer park, but it’s not clear when.

In December 2009, the Bakers’ landlord at the trailer park served Adam Baker with an eviction notice saying that he owed $1,114 in back rent. The trailer rented for $115 a week, seeming to indicate that they had been living there and not paying for about two months, a time that would overlap with the time they were living at the apartment in Granite Falls.

But whenever they started living in the trailer park, Zahra returned to Hudson Elementary School in March 2010 to finish the fourth grade.

<snipped>

It was May 10 when Zahra and Elisa Baker went to Charlotte Motor Speedway to receive the hearing aids.

<snipped>

The Bakers moved from the trailer some time over the summer, and in either late August or early September, moved into a rented home on 21st Avenue, NW, off N.C. 127 in Viewmont.

Neighbors there said they never saw her

At the trailer park, Bobbitt said she watched as the Bakers moved, but didn’t see Zahra.

Employees of a Hickory furniture store told police they saw Zahra and her stepmother on Sept. 25.

That’s the only report police have had from anyone who claims to have seen Zahra in Hickory since the move.

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010/nov/01/9/punishment-was-her-routine-ar-500792/

Should Schools Have Raised Red Flag In Zahra Baker Case
Updated: 6:21 pm EDT October 14, 2010

<snipped>

Channel 9 learned that Baker finished last school year in Caldwell County, but then she didn't show up for the first few days of school this year.

Channel 9 spoke with a school spokesperson, Libby Brown, on Thursday. She said a school counselor called Baker's parents and that Baker's parents said they moved to Hickory and were probably going to home-school Baker.

<snipped>

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/25394665/detail.html

Police search in Burke County for remains of missing girl
Updated Wednesday, Oct 13 at 9:42 AM

<snipped>

"Outside the immediate family, we cannot confirm that anyone has seen Zahra in the last month,” Chief Adkins said.

That includes next-door neighbor Charles Bost, who says Zahra's father and stepmother, Adam and Elisa Baker, chatted with him in the yard once or twice and mentioned their dog.

But, he says, in the month and a half the Baker's lived here, they never mentioned a daughter.

"I didn't even know that she existed. I mean I've never seen her and I never heard him mention her or anything like that,” Bost said.

http://www.wcnc.com/home/Police-searching--104818544.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #247 on: November 06, 2010, 01:29:27 PM »

Janet

I was even wondering if the people at the furniture store had the wrong date? That could have happened, or Zahra really could have been in the store.

I was wondering the same thing NoRose.  Unless they have a security camera that has Zahra there at that time, there's always the possibility they have the date wrong.
chi-monkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #248 on: November 06, 2010, 01:36:34 PM »

Could one of you smart monkeys tell me if they have recovered anything which could be tested for drugs.  I am starting to think that Zahra could have moved but been sedated most of the time to keep her from being a "bother".   Drugs and/or poison perhaps used dailey?   

EB saying she just found Zahra dead means less than nothing to me.  We did not believe anything she said before, so why would we now?  She's pure EVIL!   

Chi-M   MOO

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #249 on: November 06, 2010, 01:45:50 PM »

I don't want to be morbid, but with all the work the police are doing on Hickory in the house and yard, could there even be a possibility that when they moved that Zahra was dead, and whatever they did to that little child as far as her remains they did it there? I can't imagine that because of the odor, but something sure happened at that residence. 
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #250 on: November 06, 2010, 01:52:02 PM »

THE TRAILER HOME

Punishment was her routine
November 01, 2010 - 8:34 PM

But whenever they started living in the trailer park, Zahra returned to Hudson Elementary School in March 2010 to finish the fourth grade.

In the trailer park, Bobbitt watched Zahra play with the other children, playing ball, playing in the dirt.

“She was the sweetest little thing you’d ever want to meet,” Bobbitt said. “She was full of life.”

Bobbitt’s husband would walk down the hill to give the children candy. Zahra would hug him.

But Bobbitt wouldn’t associate with the woman she knew as Lisa Baker because she didn’t like the way she treated Zahra. She saw her smack Zahra a couple of times. She saw Baker getting angry and in Zahra’s face because Zahra wasn’t running up that hill.

She thought about calling the Caldwell County Department of Social Services, but said others beat her to it, including officials at Hudson Elementary School.

When Zahra went to school with a black eye, school officials called DSS, said neighbor Bobby Green. He said he saw DSS workers in the trailer.

He said a concerned teacher provided Zahra with her home phone number and told her to call.

Neighbor Kayla Rotenberry said she saw Elisa Baker hit Zahra and noticed bruises on the girl’s face and body. She also said that Elisa Baker told her that Social Services was investigating.

“She was angry that people were getting into her business,” she said. “We all tried to stop her. That little girl was so sweet. Always smiling through it all. She just wanted to be loved.”

Neighbors said that Baker injured her hand when she was beating Zahra and hit the prosthetic leg. Baker told her husband she’d fallen and broken the hand, Bobbitt said.

Bobbitt said she saw DSS workers visit. “Lisa tried to tell them the chemotherapy was giving (Zahra) the black eyes,” Bobbitt said.

It was May 10 when Zahra and Elisa Baker went to Charlotte Motor Speedway to receive the hearing aids.

Two weeks later, on May 23, teenaged neighbors took out an arrest warrant on Elisa Baker in connection with an incident related to her making Zahra walk up that hill.

Corrine Yount, 15, lived in a trailer on another road at the base of the hill. Her trailer formed a T to the Bakers’ trailer: the road the Bakers lived on runs up the hill beside the trailer where Corrine lived and in front of the Bakers’ trailer.

Corrine and her friend, Brandy Hefner, 16, noticed Zahra crying as she walked up the hill.

“She was making Zahra walk up the hill by herself because that’s how she would punish her because she (Elisa) knew it would hurt Zahra’s leg,” Corrine said.

When the teenagers intervened, Corrine said Baker came out of her trailer and started screaming and threatening the girls.

“She said, ‘I’m going to teach these two teenagers a lesson and whip their butts,’” Corrine said.

She said Baker continued shouting threats until Brandy’s mother came out and asked what was going on and Baker left, according to the arrest warrant.

Corrine said it wasn’t the first time she’d called authorities about how Zahra was treated.

“You could hear Zahra screaming and Elisa yelling at her, so we would call the police,” Corrine said. “We called DSS on her too, but they never did anything.”

The incident with the teenaged girls came the day after Adam and Elisa Baker were arrested and charged with communicating threats against Elisa’s niece Brittany Bentley, her fiance Zackery Tyler and the couple’s 7-month-old daughter. The threats stemmed from an outstanding debt Bentley owed them, according to the arrest warrant.

“He (Adam Baker) chased me and my fiancee. He literally tried to run us off the road twice,” Tyler wrote in the complaint accompanying the warrant. “He got in the opposite lane, swerved at the driver’s side and we had to swerve to keep from getting hit, then he passed us and slammed his brakes. We had to slam our brakes and still almost hit him.”

The couple went home and gave Baker the money she was owed, but she demanded more, they said. She and Adam threatened the couple with Tasers, according to the arrest warrant.

“They said they would kill me and Brittany Bentley and that they knew where our daughter was and they would kill her if I didn’t pay her,” Tyler wrote.

Bentley said the couple claimed to have a gun in the car and drove to her mother’s home, where Bentley’s daughter was staying. Bentley’s complaint said she feared for her life and the life of her daughter and fiance.

The Bakers were charged with communicating threats in connection with the accusations. Adam Baker was also charged with assault with a deadly weapon in connection with the incident on the road.

After Zahra disappeared, Bentley went on CBS’ “The Early Show” and described what life was like for Zahra inside that trailer when she went to visit.

“She was locked in her room, allowed five minutes out a day to eat, that was it,” Bentley said. “She was beat almost every time I was over there for just, just the small things. If Lisa would get mad, she would take it out on Zahra, things the kid didn’t deserve. She had a horrible home life.”

The Bakers moved from the trailer some time over the summer, and in either late August or early September, moved into a rented home on 21st Avenue, NW, off N.C. 127 in Viewmont.

Neighbors there said they never saw her.

At the trailer park, Bobbitt said she watched as the Bakers moved, but didn’t see Zahra.

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010/nov/01/9/punishment-was-her-routine-ar-500792/

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #251 on: November 06, 2010, 01:54:22 PM »

At the trailer park, Bobbitt said she watched as the Bakers moved, but didn’t see Zahra.     Now that I sure don't remember reading before, unless Zahra was in the car and she didn't see her. Wonder if Zahra said goodbye to the kids she played with at the trailer park?
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #252 on: November 06, 2010, 02:01:00 PM »

I don't want to be morbid, but with all the work the police are doing on Hickory in the house and yard, could there even be a possibility that when they moved that Zahra was dead, and whatever they did to that little child as far as her remains they did it there? I can't imagine that because of the odor, but something sure happened at that residence. 

I agree No Rose.

There must be a reason for such an intensive search at that home.  Maybe Elisa has revealed all.

Janet

+++++

Zahra Baker Case: Bone Discovered, Sign of Girl?
Nov. 3, 2010

Investigators have discovered a bone that "may be related to" the case of missing 10-year-old Zahra Baker, police said today.

Police will send the bone to a medical examiner's office to determine its relation to the case. Its discovery marks the first possible physical remains of the disabled North Carolina girl found since she was reported missing on Oct. 9.

The bone was found after police reportedly searched an area near where the girl's prosthetic leg was uncovered last week.

The find comes a day after the disclosure of jailhouse letters, apparently written by Zahra's stepmother, Elisa Baker, 42, in which she claims police know exactly where the girl is.

The letters maintain neither Elisa Baker nor her husband, Adam Baker, killed the disabled girl, but that Zahra's father did something "horrifying" after the girl was dead.

Police in Hickory, N.C., where Elisa Baker is being held on an obstruction of justice charge, said they had seen images of the letters but couldn't verify that she wrote them without looking at the originals.

Deputy Chief Clyde Deal told ABC News that the handwriting was "similar" to hers and the content matched some of what the woman has been telling police.

"I don't necessarily have any reason to doubt that Elisa Baker wrote the letters, but I can't say that she did write them either," Deal said.

The letters, obtained by ABC News, appear to shift any blame from Elisa Baker to her husband Adam Baker.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/zahra-baker-case-letters-suggest-adam-baker-involvement/story?id=12043321

_____

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #253 on: November 06, 2010, 02:09:42 PM »

The way the police ripped through the house and yard, I really am afraid to know what they were all looking for. I don't recall seeing such a thing to that extent before, at least I don't remember. I was just wondering this, and it sure doesn't have to do with the case really, but when the police do that to a home, does the owner get money to have it fixed again?
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #254 on: November 06, 2010, 02:14:09 PM »

I agree, no Rose~~

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #255 on: November 06, 2010, 02:21:39 PM »

mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #256 on: November 06, 2010, 02:26:21 PM »

Does anyone know if they had to fill out any kind of application for the rental after the mobile home?  Wonder if they said they had a child or did they only list themselves. Maybe they didn't have to but here the rental apps are pretty detailed.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #257 on: November 06, 2010, 02:28:11 PM »

If Zahra had been presented to most any Emergency Room (Private Hospitals are a little different), she would have received proper medical treatment regardless of ability to pay. It's the law and has been that way as long as I can remember. They can't use the excuse that they couldn't afford to take her. That dog won't hunt.

I don't think an illness caused her death anyway, but if they were negligent enough to let her die from an infection or virus, it's still a homicide.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #258 on: November 06, 2010, 02:29:36 PM »

Does anyone know if they had to fill out any kind of application for the rental after the mobile home?  Wonder if they said they had a child or did they only list themselves. Maybe they didn't have to but here the rental apps are pretty detailed.

I doubt they filled out an application.

Adam's "boss" owned the rental property.

crazybabyborg
« Reply #259 on: November 06, 2010, 02:29:45 PM »

Good Question, Mizjay!!   

I don't know the answer, but I'd like to know it!   
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.