May 21, 2024, 11:38:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #572 1/11/2007  (Read 95246 times)
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #740 on: January 13, 2007, 12:40:38 AM »

Quote from: "oldfart"
Peekiing back in for a bit...

Anna
I'm not good (like dad) was on electical systems  & maybe Carnut can jump in here... but  you have voltage & amps  Where  for a house it AC and for a auto/turck/RV it DC

Normal house 110/220 volts 100-200 amp service (main breaker at the fuse pannel should state 100 -200 or more)   Car or RV  12v maybe 24v  with a 60 amp to ???

Now this I understand.  Well done, OF!  I'm kinda lost on the rest of it.  Except when I went to school, the water tasted funny and it was from wells.  Back home, it comes from the lake and I like it better.  

Night monkeys.  Sleep well.

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #741 on: January 13, 2007, 12:40:56 AM »

Quote from: "Lala'sMom"
Hi everyone.  Got my box that a mug was supposed to be in...it was empty.  I think they took Sue's mug and sold it to someone else.  Shocked  Will call them tomorrow and see what is up. LOL  This has been to most humorous episode of "How the Mugs Travel" I have ever seen.  Who knows what tomorrow will bring.

lala's this is getting serious.  
Not just a picking problem anymore.
Maybe someone knows one of pickers & arranged a mug-napping & un-authorized sales Shocked  Laughing  to stay out of "the book"  
Any ransome notes yet  Wink

You better believe that I am taking notes.   Laughing
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #742 on: January 13, 2007, 12:41:06 AM »

Tylergal
Everything is fine, thanks for asking. Just over a thousand in damages.  I swear I never thought plastic was so expensive.  The bumper cost more than the headlight and it's only bent in a few places.  The headlight is dangling around and we had to put it back together with duct tape until it's fixed.  Will have to rent her a car when they start to work on it, she still has to be able to get to classes.  She was trying to exit the parking deck when some guy tried to go around her in a hurry and she jerked her steering wheel too far to right and rammed a concrete wall.  I am glad she wasn't moving very fast or it may have been worse.

my son rammed into a lady today  Shocked
going about 12 miles per hour

no damage to his car......(which is really mine, well you know what i mean)  Cool

a little to hers........insurance will go up thru the roof

no one was hurt

he called me and all i heard was "hmmmmmmmmmmmmm"

i said is anyone hurt ?  and he said "NO"

i said ok

see  you in a bit...call the cops and come home  Cool

Man is kind enough when he is not excited by religion.
- A Horse's Tale
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #743 on: January 13, 2007, 12:41:16 AM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
8.3 Earthquate hits near Japan - Tsunami warning issued

USGA is saying 7.9 but it may be revised

Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #744 on: January 13, 2007, 12:41:16 AM »

Quote from: "Carnut"
Quote from: "Dihannah1"
Quote from: "Tibrogargan"
Quote from: "Angiex911dsptchr"
LOL Robots..
Dont need to borrow one quite yet. We still havnt had winter really here in PA..lol

Oh and these molesters make me SICK.. SICK.. SICK.. SICK..
How the hell do they get away with this BS.. go to jail.. get let out.. only to do it all over again. They need to lock'em up and throw away the key.. anad let Bubba have a crak at their sick ass in jail .  Evil or Very Mad
 I was warned when I started my new job..  about pedophiles that come into the store.. cause we  have kids some in that buy chips.. etc. its really hard to keep quiet aand not cuss'em out like a truck driver.
 I honestly do not think comitting a Lorenna Bobbit act on these assholes would even work.. its gotta be a sick part od their brain. IMO

Need to nuke their pituitary glands as well   Laughing  Laughing   Maybe that is what Cat meant by KCL??

LOL. maybe!  But I still like the life of torture below the waist for those bastards!

Dunno, I'm beginning to think I might enjoy that.

Carnut?  Shocked  Exclamation

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #745 on: January 13, 2007, 12:41:19 AM »

Carnut:

Some just don't have the cash or credit available. When my house burned, killing the animals and maybe me (if I'd been home) the plastic tV toxins..the fire was only in 1 room. The soot blacken the whole house even in dresser drawers at the back of the home!  The Fire Dept. turned the electricity off. State Farm said I could get along with out it and have repairs done inside. I couldn't even see in the house without electricity.in the daylight. Everything was black. I needed light!  

So (1) imagine these farmers and rural people aren't getting good service from their insurance company, if they have insurance.

So I, luckily had a Sears credit card and bought returned generator at less cost, so I could start surviving. The show I worked on gave me a two week paid leave and the crew, cast collected money and went on, "hell bent for GA, at age 52". In hindsight this was the begining of my disability and PTSD that lead to perm. dis. for years.

I grew up with well water and would like a well now. When the renters didn't pay the rent and the pump in the well went down... they had to run a hose from a neighbor. They had cheated me out of lots of $$ last year or so, so I was loosing the Indiana home and the one here. I wish it had bee winter and they would have suffered sooner and would get out.

I would think that one generator could run the sump pump and the well pump depending on how deep the well was. I can't see any farmer having the $$ to put solar generators out where the fields where stock is and the it's all frozen anyway.

When the tornado went through Indianapolis and I was there in my mom's home (where the tornado went through) I volunteered (as a volunteer from the American Legion Auxiliary) with the Salvation Army. The Salvation Army realized some traits in me, I guess, plus I grew up there and knew some of the hiding places where people were living in their cars and needed food, but knew I wouldn't tell their location. The Red Cross was more elitish and until Katrina didn't take knowledgable volunteers off the street, so to speak.

So, I happened to be at Command Center when the FEMA reps. from national flew in and  I recognized them from the WLA FEMA branch in the 1994 earthquake where my home slipped alitte off it's foundation (just moving in from the year after the fire)
 (2) FEMA
The local FEMA reps are great plus the everyday volunteers they fly in for the disaster, but some of some of the higher ups are dense. and if not, they can't make the decisions they used to do, as a seperate org. for they are under Homeland Security and we certainly remember how FEMA can act ... just remember Katrina. Those USA brothers of ours are still suffering from Katrina.

In Indiana,  I walked up to the FEMA big wigs who had just arr., introduced myself and said "I hope you are going to faster than you were in West LA on Bundy"... you should have seen their faces.... They knew what I meant. I also gave them coffee and donuts, to lessen the blunt of what I was saying..But they still used the same MO

They didn't understand Indiana pride and how to deal with these great people.. suburbs, farmers who were suffering. The rural people have a lot of pride and will do it themselves and in about 2 years some will learn that they can't suvive for they are max out in credit and loans and then there is selling, foreclosing.

That is the quickest way to go from Middle Class to Poverty.. a disaster!

OK.. back to FEMA in Indianapolis, FEMA tried, at the command center to do their "CA MO" and I told them it wouldn't work and it didn't!

Now... this is the first time I am aware of this suffering in the US still that Frijole, Anna and other Monkeys are talking about:

From Frijole who talks about what Anna said about people still suffering.

You hit one of my hot buttons!!! I am so angry at the press... I live an hour from innocent people who have been without electricity from an ice storm for almost a month. Some towns won't get power for another month. There is NO coverage of this. They cannot work, they've lost all their food to spoilage, they have to leave their homes to go seek HEAT and no one is flipping covering it!!!!

I am watching the BS about Rosie and Donald and other such BS... How is their plight any different than losses from hurricanes etc? This isn't just my area either - many states have rural areas that are suffering. Guess we won't hear about it until the loss of cattle affects the price of beef?

They should rename the "news" to something else because it certainly isn't news.

OK Monkeys...WE ARE STRONG. WHAT needs to be done?
a new Thread about this inthe Lounge?

I would suggest that over the weekend we collect the facts and then start emailing Congress, the President and MSM.

I have personally called the White House (under Bush) when Social Security refused to pay for my mom's wheel chair for she was with me in California and not in Indiana!..  10 minutes later whomever was contacted by the White House called me back and in an hour mom had her wheel chair... delived at that!

Let's start a thread about this. I am angry that there is still suffering about this disaster. I know in the tornado it took almost 2 weeks for some to get electricity... the tornado also took out those big electrical tower wires that run across the nation. They worked 24/7 and the local restaurents provided free meals.

There's coverage on TV about the cattle and the stuck highways in New Mexico... let's make them concentrate on the people also!

What Monkey knows the most facts, at this time to start the Thread??

Thanks for listening...end of rant, Luv, IBE

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #746 on: January 13, 2007, 12:41:44 AM »

Shocked   man thats sad  Sad
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #747 on: January 13, 2007, 12:43:05 AM »

Is it issued for the island of Japan itself or all the area nearby?  Did you happen to hear?
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #748 on: January 13, 2007, 12:44:23 AM »

Tsunami may hit Japan.

oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #749 on: January 13, 2007, 12:45:09 AM »

RUN Klaasend
run to higher gound .... Grabby family & call it a spur of the moment get-away... but go...

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #750 on: January 13, 2007, 12:45:34 AM »

I find all the discussion about extreme weather, such as ice storms and freeze overs is fascinating.  Do not get anything that extreme here anywhere.  Must be terrible to have to contend with especially with loss of essential services.  Long term repercussion would have to be a baby boom in nine months.

LOL

So far. I cant complain about our winter here  in Pennsylvania. I am sure we will get hammered with snow sooner or later.  Sad
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #751 on: January 13, 2007, 12:46:17 AM »

Robots
It's a pain dealing with insurance and teens, that's for sure. No matter what, the rates go up considerably.  I just got our insurance to a reasonable level and now this.  Somedays I just want to stay in bed.  Instead I visit with my monkey friends.  Smile
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #752 on: January 13, 2007, 12:46:30 AM »

KCL=Potassium Cloride   Wink

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #753 on: January 13, 2007, 12:46:49 AM »

Japan Warns of 3.3-feet Tsunami After Powerful Quake in the Pacific Ocean

TOKYO —  Japan's Meteorological Agency issued tsunami warnings Saturday following a powerful 8.3 magnitude earthquake in the Pacific Ocean and officials ordered coastal residents to flee to higher ground.

The agency said waves as high as 3.3-feet could hit the northeastern coast of Japan's northern island of Hokkaido around 2 p.m. (12 a.m. EST).

The quake struck around 1:24 p.m. about 310 miles east of the Etorofu islands between northern Japan and Russia, the agency said. There were no immediate report of injuries or damage from the quake.

Local authorities along Hokkaido's coast ordered residents living along the northern and eastern coasts of Japan's northern main island of Hokkaido to evacuate to higher ground.

Hideo Suzuki, a municipal official for the town of Rausu, said he had not observed any visible change of the sea level as of around 2 p.m., although the town has ordered all residents to evacuate.

Tsunami waves — generated by earthquakes — are often barely noticeable in the ocean but can rise to great heights once they arrive at shore.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,243538,00.html

Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #754 on: January 13, 2007, 12:47:00 AM »

Quote from: "Angiex911dsptchr"
I find all the discussion about extreme weather, such as ice storms and freeze overs is fascinating.  Do not get anything that extreme here anywhere.  Must be terrible to have to contend with especially with loss of essential services.  Long term repercussion would have to be a baby boom in nine months.

LOL

So far. I cant complain about our winter here  in Pennsylvania. I am sure we will get hammered with snow sooner or later.  Sad

Ang,  not sure if your getting all the rain like here in Ohio, but I'd rather get some snow.  We need at least one good freeze to kill all the germs and bugs for the summer.  Besides, I like snow, hate rain.  We get enough of that the rest of the year....

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #755 on: January 13, 2007, 12:47:05 AM »

Quote from: "robots"
If you are on well water, the 5 kW generator will run the well pump alone, but if you have electric water heater with a 30 amp breaker, you'll need 6,600 watts. A 5 kW generator will barely do the job. You need at least a 10 kW generator if you're an electric household. Same goes for heat pumps usually requiring 8,800 watts. 10 kW units are very expensive, $5,000 and up.

it all depends on what you want the generator to do

like i said,, for some people that have a wood stove or propane heat
BUT need the generator to RUN the well... a 6600 watt generator will do it

i think around 1200.00

im the last BOY SCOUT  Cool

You're getting warmer.  Man from utility company plus two others said minimum of 10KW, next size was I think 13KW.

And seem to be discussing two entirely differnet things.  I am talking about sufficient water for a herd of cattle and Carnut seems to think barely enough for personal survival and to flush a toilet.

But I don't think any dinky little $500 generator would cut it for very long, certainly not 8-10 weeks.

I could be wrong but that's what I think.  (And that's what I know.)

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #756 on: January 13, 2007, 12:48:21 AM »

RUN Klaasend
run to higher gound .... Grabby family & call it a spur of the moment get-away... but go...

I don't think there's any chance of a tsunami hitting Southern California from it  Wink
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #757 on: January 13, 2007, 12:48:23 AM »

Quote from: "Anna"
Quote from: "Carnut"
Anna,

if you want a generator for 240v and economical, you just have to look in the proper places.

240 V 13hp generator

It isn't that simple, Carnut.  My utility won't authorize a switch on one large enough to pump water from 500 ft.  My well has to be that deep to get beneath coal deposits and iron.  The switch to keep the electrical current from backing up on power lines, etc.  

And the cost of fuel to pump water using a generator for cattle would be pretty high I would imagine and doubt even your 240 v would hold out for very long.  I'd think that one would burn up in not time at all.  And looks like that one would require the total generator be devoted to just the well pump.  There is no snow on the ground where this power outage occurred as it is from an ice storm.  Might work for a couple of days.

Sorry, guess I am just as skeptical as you are.   Very Happy

Sure hope you don't jinx yourself with all this mean talk and an ice storm bearing down on you.

Yah do realize that most of the farmers out here have gigantic fields of wheat or corn and that they irrigate them with big with giant rolling irrigation rigs that are powered from very deep wells that have automotive engines powering them.

Again I ain't real worried about the farmers.

I guess you don't think I've ever lived in the boonies but I have and I do know a little about what I am talking.

And yes I have experienced power outages during snow blizzards.
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #758 on: January 13, 2007, 12:48:44 AM »

Robots
It's a pain dealing with insurance and teens, that's for sure. No matter what, the rates go up considerably.  I just got our insurance to a reasonable level and now this.  Somedays I just want to stay in bed.  Instead I visit with my monkey friends.  Smile

yep, i hear ya

my daughter had a swim meet tonight and fell in the locker room
( but she wasnt running )  Laughing      Rolling Eyes

had to go to the ER cause he elbow got wacked up  Shocked

tough day
no one hurt seriously ............its a GOOD DAY

Very Happy

Man is kind enough when he is not excited by religion.
- A Horse's Tale
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #759 on: January 13, 2007, 12:49:59 AM »

Quote from: "robots"
Robots

yep, i hear ya

my daughter had a swim meet tonight and fell in the locker room
( but she wasnt running )  Laughing      Rolling Eyes

had to go to the ER cause he elbow got wacked up  Shocked

tough day
no one hurt seriously ............its a GOOD DAY

Very Happy

Wow, son and daughter keeping you on your toes today!  Glad nothing serious!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.