May 21, 2024, 02:18:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #178 1/14/11 - 1/27/11  (Read 159570 times)
seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #520 on: January 20, 2011, 12:15:17 PM »

http://www.wesh.com/r/26557750/detail.html

Casey Defense Wants $12K More From Taxpayers
New Motion Asks For Approval Of 300 Investigative Hours
Gabe Travers, WESH.com

POSTED: 11:24 am EST January 20, 2011
UPDATED: 11:50 am EST January 20, 2011

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Casey Anthony's defense team is asking Judge Belvin Perry to approve more taxpayer-funded investigative hours.

In a new motion, defense attorneys ask for approval of an additional 300 hours in the interest of "judicial economy."

Anthony was declared indigent in March, so a state agency now doles out money for her defense.

The state-approved rate is $40 per investigative hour, so if approved, the new request could mean an additional $12,000 in taxpayer money.

The defense said in the motion it is already 106.2 hours over what has been approved by the court. Defense attorneys note that prosecutors continue to submit new witness names and turn over discovery, both of which must be looked into.

Anthony's defense team has asked for additional hours several times in the last few months. Each time, Perry has approved a portion of the defense requests.

Up to this point, Perry has approved 480.7 in-state investigative hours, which equates to $19,228.

In a separate motion, the defense asked for approval of investigative hours for a possible penalty phase of the trial.

In September, the defense requested a $5,000 for such work, but Perry withheld a ruling on the issue pending the defense's submission of an itemized list of services that would be needed.

The motion includes the itemized list that the court requested.

The next hearing in the case is scheduled for Feb. 4.
WESH.com will provide live coverage.

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011</a>
Gizzie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #521 on: January 20, 2011, 12:35:37 PM »

Bozo isn't going to stop until he has milked every penny he can from the state of Florida! Every last penny!

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #522 on: January 20, 2011, 12:37:35 PM »

Bozo isn't going to stop until he has milked every penny he can from the state of Florida! Every last penny!

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Scatty
Monkey Junky

« Reply #523 on: January 20, 2011, 12:39:53 PM »

I just watched the whole interview again. Geez....... Cindy's such a controlling piece of work.
I have never had such a visceral dislike for someone in my whole life.  Every time I hear her or see her smirk, (she and Baez could have a smirk-off and sell tickets,) I just cringe.  I think she is the reason that I became so fascinated with this case.  Poor Caylee, imagine living with Casey and Cindy?   

Since this case started, I have hated Cindy Anthony, and I have described it as hating her with every part of my being, on every single level.

In the beginning, there were a lot of folks on a whole bunch of differnet forums who felt sympathy for her.  I have never ever felt an ounce of sympathy for her and never will.  She totally disgraced any memory of Caylee Marie that there ever was, and continues to do it.  I hope that when she dies, and I hope that she does not go to heaven, but if she does by some miracle, little Caylee tells her to go to He double hockey sticks and does not give her the time of day.

Remember Cindy, what goes around comes around.  You reap what you sow. 

If Cindy was on her last breath and I had oxygen to give her, I would not give it to her, I would probably hold the button on the oxygen takn to release all the oxygen into the air, as she watched me gasping for air.   

I know that is mean, I cannot help it. 

I almost hate her more than I do Casey, if that is possible.

I feel a tiny bit less hate for George, only because she holds his you know whats, but he lets her.   

I feel the same way ZooMom! What Cindy doesn't get is that despite the fact that something tragic has happened to her and her family, it can't hide that she is just a despicable person, whose personality was exposed by HER in all her TV interviews and rantings.
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #524 on: January 20, 2011, 12:40:41 PM »

Hope the Judge says NO way Jose, but he'll end up giving him half of what he asks, I'm sure.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
Scatty
Monkey Junky

« Reply #525 on: January 20, 2011, 12:42:57 PM »

Good evening Monks----I dislike Cindy Anthony.  I think she is a liar and most probably, IMO, she has broken several laws in her feeble efforts to obfuscate the truth about her daughter. 

As for what ShyMonkey said in her above posts, I agree that there was no legal action Cindy could take to force Casey to tell her where Caylee was during that month after Casey murdered her.  However, in the first two calls to 911, I don't think Cindy sounded upset at all.  I think she was merely threatening to have Casey arrested for theft of money and a car simply to put pressure on Casey because she couldn't report Caylee missing if she were in the care of her own mother.  So, she reported what she could, I think with the idea of forcing Casey to take her to Caylee.  She could always refuse to press charges afterward.

But in the last call, IMO, Cindy knew Caylee was the victim of foul play.  She was beside herself. She was saying the babysitter took her, which is what Casey told her. She was confused as to the reason that the car "Smelled like there had been a dead body in the damned car."  She was confused.  She was scared.  But, IMO, it was shortly thereafter that she was made aware of what really happened.  Probably by George, since I believe he saw Caylee's body in the car trunk on the 26th of June. It is not beyond the realm of possibility that he helped Casey dispose of the body.

I would not expect anyone in Cindy's position to say that, "Yes, my daughter killed my granddaughter."  I also would not expect someone in Cindy's position to lie, tamper with evidence, go on national television to make a fool of herself repeatedly, etc.  And the "Unkindest cut of all," was attempting to become rich on Caylee's death.  To imagine herself some kind of celebrity who's mere mention of a charity would guarantee it's success, such as the shoe project for the poor kids of Guatemala wasn't rational.  Surely she realized after that fiasco that she was anathema to ligitimate charities; that her endorsement was the kiss of death.

And her abrasive personality didn't help the public perception of her.  "Get off your ass and find my granddaughter."  How charming.  Sure to motivate people to look for Caylee.

I think she is a despicable creature, to be avoided at all costs. She could have been an object of sympathy and compassion, but her need to control and her actions to try to help her daughter get away with murder have made her an object of hatred among most of the general public.

And as documents have been released as the Florida Sunshine Law requires, I don't see any evidence at all that the police were not following up on leads.  Quite the opposite, in fact, as thousands of documents proving that they were following up on leads have been released.  It might be that they were just not following up on Cindy's "Leads."  Can anyone forget the picture taken of an older child with a passing resemblance to Caylee, and Cindy insisting that LE wouldn't take the picture seriously? Of course not.  It wasn't a serious picture.  It was a laughable attempt to divert LE's attention away from the real job at hand.  And the episode at the airport with a woman taking Caylee on an airplane, but allowing her to speak to others and even tell them her name, Caylee Marie Ant'ny.  Just the way she said it, too.  Nonsense.  Hogwash.  I don't think a kidnapper would allow the victim to freely tell people her name.  It didn't happen.  It wasn't a serious lead.

But mostly I despise her because in all of this she has lost sight of what is really important.  Caylee is dead.  Casey killed her.  And "All the perfunes in Araby," cannot wash away that fact. 
Scatty
Monkey Junky

« Reply #526 on: January 20, 2011, 12:43:47 PM »

Oops! I meant to say, Great Post Baby Bear!
Scatty
Monkey Junky

« Reply #527 on: January 20, 2011, 12:50:09 PM »

Gabe Travers, WESH.com

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Casey Anthony's defense team is asking Judge Belvin Perry to approve more taxpayer-funded investigative hours.

In a new motion, defense attorneys ask for approval of an additional 300 hours in the interest of "judicial economy."

Anthony was declared indigent in March, so a state agency now doles out money for her defense.

The state-approved rate is $40 per investigative hour, so if approved, the new request could mean an additional $12,000 in taxpayer money.

The defense said in the motion it is already 106.2 hours over what has been approved by the court. Defense attorneys note that prosecutors continue to submit new witness names and turn over discovery, both of which must be looked into.

Anthony's defense team has asked for additional hours several times in the last few months. Each time, Perry has approved a portion of the defense requests.

Up to this point, Perry has approved 480.7 in-state investigative hours, which equates to $19,228.

In a separate motion, the defense asked for approval of investigative hours for a possible penalty phase of the trial.

In September, the defense requested a $5,000 for such work, but Perry withheld a ruling on the issue pending the defense's submission of an itemized list of services that would be needed.

I think the defense is using the "investigative hours" requests as a backdoor way to pay themselves. And as payback for sanctions, past and future.
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #528 on: January 20, 2011, 12:51:03 PM »

Gabe Travers, WESH.com

Thanks Trimm!  I guess I can wait 15 more days.  Sigh

Again, since the taxpayers are footing this ever growing bill for this defense, I think we have a right to know what Baez did with all the money he had over 2 years ago. Not much work was done on the case until CJBP set up a schedule....except for Lyon's motions to exclude the death penalty. 

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #529 on: January 20, 2011, 12:51:20 PM »

READ: Defense Motion For More Hours  http://www.wesh.com/pdf/26557886/detail.html
READ: Penalty Phase Funding Motion  http://www.wesh.com/pdf/26557921/detail.html

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #530 on: January 20, 2011, 12:51:58 PM »

We shouldn't leave out George.

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #531 on: January 20, 2011, 12:52:25 PM »

Gabe Travers, WESH.com

Thanks Trimm Seeme!  I guess I can wait 15 more days.  Sigh

Again, since the taxpayers are footing this ever growing bill for this defense, I think we have a right to know what Baez did with all the money he had over 2 years ago. Not much work was done on the case until CJBP set up a schedule....except for Lyon's motions to exclude the death penalty. 

Self edit

Oops.....sorry about that

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

Sorry Caylee, the jury took your day away.

« Reply #532 on: January 20, 2011, 12:52:38 PM »

Hope the Judge says NO way Jose, but he'll end up giving him half of what he asks, I'm sure.

so all these hours he is asking for, who is doing the work?  Is he paying himself or his staff with state money?  I thought he was doing this case ProBono?  I thought any money he got was for experts and what not.  When he requests more money, and at these ridiculous amounts, who does the money go to?

Thank you for my avi Brandi!

The jury wanted to go home, so a killer goes free.
ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

« Reply #533 on: January 20, 2011, 12:54:25 PM »

George is a huge putz.  This kitty is too cute for George.  I will have to find something I feel is appropriate.  LOL. 

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #534 on: January 20, 2011, 12:54:37 PM »

This is the personification of Spindy Anthony and the meanness and hatefulness that is her.

As she advises Zeneida Gonzales to her face she is not a "10." She exudes evil.

'nuff said.

Good Morning Monkeys.   

Absofreakinglutely.
That face and that pea green top make me sick.
I actually watched that civil depo. 3X because it was so insane.

Good morning Monks-----Actually, I think that Cindy's deposition in the Zenaida case should be shown in law schools to demonstrate how not to act when one is being deposed.  And she looks so proud of herself.  Idiot.

But I do wonder if her head can turn all the way around and spin.

She's already got that pea green stuff covered.

Don't know about spinning the head, but I have seen her horns grow:

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #535 on: January 20, 2011, 12:54:51 PM »

But we really shouldn't leave out sweet Caylee, who this is all about.   an angelic monkey

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #536 on: January 20, 2011, 12:56:02 PM »

George is a huge putz.  This kitty is too cute for George.  I will have to find something I feel is appropriate.  LOL. 

That pix of him raising one eyebrow in court would be perfect, but I don't have it. 

ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

« Reply #537 on: January 20, 2011, 12:58:32 PM »

Was googling George Anthony and some pics came up.  I don't remember seeing this one, but George is that big old elephant.  He walks as slowly and hunkering as elephants do.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #538 on: January 20, 2011, 01:00:01 PM »

Was googling George Anthony and some pics came up.  I don't remember seeing this one, but George is that big old elephant.  He walks as slowly and hunkering as elephants do.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I wonder what happened to THAT George, and where is he at now?

tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #539 on: January 20, 2011, 01:01:06 PM »

LOL.  I think a bit more like this one.

OMG!!!  I'm laughing so hard.....but even this one is too good.  See, evil and hatred have a way of showing through, and I don't see that in this pig you posted. Now the other one.......OH, Hell Yeah!!!  moo

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.