May 21, 2024, 08:52:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lindsey Baum # 7 1/27/10 - 4/6/11  (Read 327352 times)
Jademoff
Scared Monkey

« Reply #260 on: April 13, 2010, 03:05:37 AM »

Other than Dale Golder (Foreman Rd. Search) ... I do not believe there has ever been any official persons of interest in the the Lindsey Baum case.  However ... that has not prevented speculation.

As a reminder ... maybe some of the following topic threads need to be revisited.

Justice for Lindsey!!

Janet

+++++++

TIMELINES AND THEORIES
Tamikosmom
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5703.0

The Weirdos Connected To The Churches & Strange Goings-On
Doubledecker
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5683.0

Maple Street~Who Lives/Works On Maple ST.
KarmaRoundUp 
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=6261.0

FOREMAN ROAD SEARCH
Tamikosmom
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=6221.0

6th Street Info, Who LIves Their, Connections Etc
doubledecker
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5593.0

Beck Street
Jademoff  
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=6118.0

Adam Lee Campbell Message & Connections ?
doubledecker
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5816.0

Wayne Watne - Missionary At Lindsey's Church; Took Josh Fishing Etc
doubledecker
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5614.0

Jim Mullin Creek Searched 6 Times & Info
doubledecker  
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5606.0

They have currently 11 persons of interest with two of those people being of high interest. I am just crossing my fingers, my toes, my arms, and especially my heart that they are close to finding her.

I'm actually going to look into the Adam Lee Campbell messages again.... as well as Strongtower.
Hi Jademoff,  It is always great to read your input as I know you live right outside of town.  Those 2 people of 'heightened interest' have to mean something, right?  It is such a turn around to hear this from the mouths of LE, God Bless them in their work.  It seems like a whole new strategy IMO, letting the public know this investigation is still alive and going strong.   

I apologize and also thank you, heightened interest is the term I was looking for. The 2 heightened interest people may or may not mean something. There was just something about them that set off a red flag to the FBI. The two people may have been connected that night, but also may be two people who had no connection to each other. I'm hoping we'll hear within the next couple of days since two different papers will be released each day. And if we don't hear anything for a while, I sure as heck hope that they are onto something strong!
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #261 on: April 15, 2010, 07:12:43 PM »

does anyone remember anything about a ford taurus, a tan one... or a blue van... or any car that looked like a ford taurus that might have been seen by kara's daughter? 

it was posted about somewhere but now we can't find it.

To find me:
click the globe to the left, under my name
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #262 on: April 15, 2010, 07:14:05 PM »

might not be daughter who said it, but was said to kk

To find me:
Jademoff
Scared Monkey

« Reply #263 on: April 17, 2010, 12:44:56 PM »

does anyone remember anything about a ford taurus, a tan one... or a blue van... or any car that looked like a ford taurus that might have been seen by kara's daughter? 

it was posted about somewhere but now we can't find it.

I don't know if this is rumor mill or not, but I heard from someone who lives in McCleary that the car (white) was identified by the girls as a Nissan.

I'll help you look for the post you are talking about. I remember reading stuff about cars when I first joined, and I want to say that's either thread 2 or 3.
Jademoff
Scared Monkey

« Reply #264 on: April 17, 2010, 03:26:24 PM »

DD I found this information about a house in Wishkah posting up something about a dark blue van.

http://www.topix.net/forum/city/aberdeen-wa/T9LE8ONGRNI92FR4Q
Jademoff
Scared Monkey

« Reply #265 on: April 17, 2010, 03:29:30 PM »

DD I found this information about a house in Wishkah posting up something about a dark blue van.

My apologies, Wishkah is just outside of Aberdeen.
Basket Case
Scared Monkey

« Reply #266 on: April 17, 2010, 04:42:59 PM »

Helllooo Monkeys! I have finally been approved as a member here after waiting several months. Thank you to the Monkey-Powers-That-Be for letting me become a member!

To the person asking about a blue van: There use to be a dark blue van parked beside J&F Auto repair on 5th in McCleary. Don't know if it's the same van you're talking about, or if it still parks there, but wanted to let you know just in case. I think it had a covered spare tire on the back if that helps to match it to the one you're asking about.

There's so much I've wanted to say all these months and now that I'm here I don't know where to begin. 

Let's bring this case back to life and get it solved!!! 

Basket Case
Scared Monkey

« Reply #267 on: April 17, 2010, 05:25:31 PM »

I've always thought about the possibility that Lindsey could have been hit by a car. Do any of you remember the Erica Baker case? This article has a pretty good summary
http://www.whiotv.com/news/15244175/detail.html

Lindsey's disappearance has always reminded me of Erica's. While it seems like someone would have seen or heard something if Lindsey were hit by a car there's still the chance that it could have happened. It took years before someone came forward about Erica.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #268 on: April 17, 2010, 06:20:15 PM »

Basket Case welcome and looking forward to your info 
Jademoff
Scared Monkey

« Reply #269 on: April 18, 2010, 02:23:16 AM »

I've always thought about the possibility that Lindsey could have been hit by a car. Do any of you remember the Erica Baker case? This article has a pretty good summary

Lindsey's disappearance has always reminded me of Erica's. While it seems like someone would have seen or heard something if Lindsey were hit by a car there's still the chance that it could have happened. It took years before someone came forward about Erica.

Hi there, welcome to Scared Monkeys.

I looked up Erica, have they found her yet? I couldn't find anything about them finding her remains.

I had thought at one time that Lindsey may have been hit by a car. I don't know about killed on the spot though, just because I think LE and FBI would have found traces of body fluids. As another question, maybe she was hit by a car, not killed, and the person who hit her offered her a ride home or even to the hospital, and Lindsey being in a state of shock may have accepted the ride and been taken else where (not that the person wanted to, but more so because they didn't want to get sued). I know that my brother as 13/14 year old he ran into a tree on his bike and busted his arm, and he was in a state of panic that he would accept help from anyone who offered it.
Basket Case
Scared Monkey

« Reply #270 on: April 18, 2010, 02:04:49 PM »

Hi there, welcome to Scared Monkeys.

I looked up Erica, have they found her yet? I couldn't find anything about them finding her remains.

I had thought at one time that Lindsey may have been hit by a car. I don't know about killed on the spot though, just because I think LE and FBI would have found traces of body fluids. As another question, maybe she was hit by a car, not killed, and the person who hit her offered her a ride home or even to the hospital, and Lindsey being in a state of shock may have accepted the ride and been taken else where (not that the person wanted to, but more so because they didn't want to get sued). I know that my brother as 13/14 year old he ran into a tree on his bike and busted his arm, and he was in a state of panic that he would accept help from anyone who offered it.

No they have not found Erica's remains. There were no traces of body fluids found or anything that made anyone suspect that Erica had been hit by a vehicle in her case either. This is why I keep an open mind that something similar could have happened to Lindsey. Just one of many possibilities.

Basket Case
Scared Monkey

« Reply #271 on: April 18, 2010, 02:56:21 PM »

The following is part of a report from a 2006 child abduction & murder study. If we consider what might be the worst case scenario, that Lindsey was abducted and killed, this report may give us some insight.

CASE MANAGEMENT
for Missing Children
Homicide Investigation

May 2006
Rob McKenna
Attorney General of Washington
&
U.S. Department of Justice
Office of Juvenile Justice and
Delinquency Prevention

The murder of an abducted child, particularly by a stranger, is a rare event. There are estimated to be about 100 such incidents in the United States each year. The victims are typically “average” children, leading normal lives, and growing up in normal families. The vast majority of them are girls, with the average age between 11 and 12 years old. In most cases, the initial contact between the victim and killer is within one-fourth mile of the victim’s residence.

The average age of killers of abducted children is around 27 years old. They are predominantly unmarried, and half of them either live alone or with their parents. Half of them are unemployed, and those that are employed work in unskilled or semi-skilled labor occupations. The killers can generally be characterized as “social marginals.”
Almost two-thirds of the killers have prior arrests for violent crimes, with slightly more than half of those prior crimes committed against children. The most frequent prior crimes against children are rape and other types of sexual assault. Most of the murderers’ prior crimes are similar in MO to the child abduction murder.
Commonly, the killers are at the initial victim-killer contact site for a legitimate reason. They either live in the area or were engaging in some normal activity. Most of the victims of child abduction murder are victims of opportunity. Seldom does the killer choose his victim because of some physical characteristic of the victim. The primary motivation for the child abduction killer is sexual assault.
A unique pattern of distance relationships exists in child abduction murders. Often, the initial contact site is located very close to the victim’s last known location. Conversely, the distance between the Initial Contact Site and the Murder Site increases to distances greater than one-fourth mile. The distance from the Murder Site to the Body Recovery Site again decreases to less than 199 feet in the vast majority of cases.
There are investigative implications of these spatial relationships. If the Initial Contact Site is not identified by the police, the clearance rate drops drastically, and vice versa. The close proximity between the Initial Contact Site and the Victim’s Last Seen Site suggests thorough neighborhood canvass and area searches be completed to locate the initial contact site. The Murder Site is second only to the body of the victim as a source of physical evidence that can be connected with the killer. Its close proximity to the Body Recovery Site suggests that a thorough search be completed to locate it.
It was discovered that once the murder investigation has begun, the name of the killer is likely to be in the investigative file within the first week. This provides an opportunity for investigators who may have run out of viable leads to regroup and review everyone whose name has been uncovered during the investigation. Similarly, it is not uncommon for the police to have actual contact with the killer before he becomes a primary suspect, for example, during the initial neighborhood canvass. Also, while at times the media seem to “get in the way,” in the end they are much more likely to have a positive effect on the investigation than a negative one. In short, the media are more likely to bring witnesses forward than to aid the killer in his escape.

I've highlighted some of the parts in color that I think are key. You can view the entire report and more about the study at the following links

http://www.atg.wa.gov/page.aspx?id=2354

http://www.atg.wa.gov/uploadedFiles/Another/Supporting_Law_Enforcement/Homicide_Investigation_Tracking_System_(HITS)/Child_Abduction_Murder_Research/CMIIReport-Summary.pdf
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #272 on: April 18, 2010, 03:02:02 PM »

thanks for that link Jade... I've made a note of it in case anything might match up.

To find me:
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #273 on: April 18, 2010, 03:03:22 PM »

Helllooo Monkeys! I have finally been approved as a member here after waiting several months. Thank you to the Monkey-Powers-That-Be for letting me become a member!

To the person asking about a blue van: There use to be a dark blue van parked beside J&F Auto repair on 5th in McCleary. Don't know if it's the same van you're talking about, or if it still parks there, but wanted to let you know just in case. I think it had a covered spare tire on the back if that helps to match it to the one you're asking about.

There's so much I've wanted to say all these months and now that I'm here I don't know where to begin. 

Let's bring this case back to life and get it solved!!! 

thanks basket case... I'll see if I can find out anything about this blue van...

To find me:
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #274 on: April 18, 2010, 03:08:06 PM »

I have wondered if this could have happened... I have information that at least a couple of people had someone tell them this is what happened. however, I have no idea how this all started...so perhaps different people are getting the same info from the ORIGINAL same source. 

I am not wondering if perhaps the ford taurus might have hit her?  I have mostly heard from people it was a "truck" who hit her, but have been told it was a "car"... now we have a ford taurus parked weird at that location with the door open and the driver not seen.  so I am trying to figure out who owns this car, and why was it parked that way right by where lindsey is said to have last been seen by witness #2...the blue van was also right there in that area at the same time. 

So just trying to go through this and see if there is anything that might be connected to the disappearance of Lindsey.

To find me:
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #275 on: April 18, 2010, 03:11:48 PM »

SELF EDIT MY PREVIOUS POST
ooops that should read , I am NOW wondering, not NOT wondering... in red below

I have wondered if this could have happened... I have information that at least a couple of people had someone tell them this is what happened. however, I have no idea how this all started...so perhaps different people are getting the same info from the ORIGINAL same source. 

I am not wondering(should say I am NOW wondering) if perhaps the ford taurus might have hit her?  I have mostly heard from people it was a "truck" who hit her, but have been told it was a "car"... now we have a ford taurus parked weird at that location with the door open and the driver not seen.  so I am trying to figure out who owns this car, and why was it parked that way right by where lindsey is said to have last been seen by witness #2...the blue van was also right there in that area at the same time. 

So just trying to go through this and see if there is anything that might be connected to the disappearance of Lindsey.

To find me:
Basket Case
Scared Monkey

« Reply #276 on: April 18, 2010, 03:17:31 PM »

SELF EDIT MY PREVIOUS POST
ooops that should read , I am NOW wondering, not NOT wondering... in red below

I am not wondering(should say I am NOW wondering) if perhaps the ford taurus might have hit her?  I have mostly heard from people it was a "truck" who hit her, but have been told it was a "car"... now we have a ford taurus parked weird at that location with the door open and the driver not seen.  so I am trying to figure out who owns this car, and why was it parked that way right by where lindsey is said to have last been seen by witness #2...the blue van was also right there in that area at the same time. 

Was the information about the car being parked there in an article, I haven't seen this anywhere?
Basket Case
Scared Monkey

« Reply #277 on: April 18, 2010, 03:40:29 PM »

I've always thought it likely that the person/person's responsible for what happened to Lindsey, or someone with knowledge of what happened, read here. If you are reading here, I plea that you come forward, even if you must do it by anonymous means. If you think this isn't eating away at you, you're wrong because it is, and it will continue to get worse. Always looking over your shoulder waiting to get caught is hell in itself. Give Lindsey the peace she deserves, her friends and family deserve and that McCleary needs. The dark cloud of this case haunts everyone and will never go away until it's revealed what happened.
Jademoff
Scared Monkey

« Reply #278 on: April 18, 2010, 03:54:07 PM »

The following is part of a report from a 2006 child abduction & murder study. If we consider what might be the worst case scenario, that Lindsey was abducted and killed, this report may give us some insight.

CASE MANAGEMENT
for Missing Children
Homicide Investigation

May 2006
Rob McKenna
Attorney General of Washington
&
U.S. Department of Justice
Office of Juvenile Justice and
Delinquency Prevention

The murder of an abducted child, particularly by a stranger, is a rare event. There are estimated to be about 100 such incidents in the United States each year. The victims are typically “average” children, leading normal lives, and growing up in normal families. The vast majority of them are girls, with the average age between 11 and 12 years old. In most cases, the initial contact between the victim and killer is within one-fourth mile of the victim’s residence.

The average age of killers of abducted children is around 27 years old. They are predominantly unmarried, and half of them either live alone or with their parents. Half of them are unemployed, and those that are employed work in unskilled or semi-skilled labor occupations. The killers can generally be characterized as “social marginals.”
Almost two-thirds of the killers have prior arrests for violent crimes, with slightly more than half of those prior crimes committed against children. The most frequent prior crimes against children are rape and other types of sexual assault. Most of the murderers’ prior crimes are similar in MO to the child abduction murder.
Commonly, the killers are at the initial victim-killer contact site for a legitimate reason. They either live in the area or were engaging in some normal activity. Most of the victims of child abduction murder are victims of opportunity. Seldom does the killer choose his victim because of some physical characteristic of the victim. The primary motivation for the child abduction killer is sexual assault.
A unique pattern of distance relationships exists in child abduction murders. Often, the initial contact site is located very close to the victim’s last known location. Conversely, the distance between the Initial Contact Site and the Murder Site increases to distances greater than one-fourth mile. The distance from the Murder Site to the Body Recovery Site again decreases to less than 199 feet in the vast majority of cases.
There are investigative implications of these spatial relationships. If the Initial Contact Site is not identified by the police, the clearance rate drops drastically, and vice versa. The close proximity between the Initial Contact Site and the Victim’s Last Seen Site suggests thorough neighborhood canvass and area searches be completed to locate the initial contact site. The Murder Site is second only to the body of the victim as a source of physical evidence that can be connected with the killer. Its close proximity to the Body Recovery Site suggests that a thorough search be completed to locate it.
It was discovered that once the murder investigation has begun, the name of the killer is likely to be in the investigative file within the first week. This provides an opportunity for investigators who may have run out of viable leads to regroup and review everyone whose name has been uncovered during the investigation. Similarly, it is not uncommon for the police to have actual contact with the killer before he becomes a primary suspect, for example, during the initial neighborhood canvass. Also, while at times the media seem to “get in the way,” in the end they are much more likely to have a positive effect on the investigation than a negative one. In short, the media are more likely to bring witnesses forward than to aid the killer in his escape.

I've highlighted some of the parts in color that I think are key. You can view the entire report and more about the study at the following links

http://www.atg.wa.gov/page.aspx?id=2354

http://www.atg.wa.gov/uploadedFiles/Another/Supporting_Law_Enforcement/Homicide_Investigation_Tracking_System_(HITS)/Child_Abduction_Murder_Research/CMIIReport-Summary.pdf

That's an interesting report, and thank you for posting that. I'm looking at the age range, that's around my age (I'm 26), so I went to school with those in that age range. It's something that I've been looking at for the past couple of months as well, regarding her last seen location and I kind of have a theory but I don't have anything really strong to back up what I have looked into. I will work with these statistics and see what I can come up with.
Basket Case
Scared Monkey

« Reply #279 on: April 18, 2010, 04:08:04 PM »

This is something else that can be found in the detailed report (it's huge but worth the download), it's a breakdown of female victim-killer relationship by age group (found in table 16 of the report, page 43)

Killer relationship for female victims ages 10-12:

Stranger:  41.6%
Friend/Acquaintance:  32.7%
Family/Intimate:  11.9%
Unknown:  13.9%

the entire 103-page report can be found below (pdf)
http://www.atg.wa.gov/uploadedFiles/Another/Supporting_Law_Enforcement/Homicide_Investigation_Tracking_System_(HITS)/Child_Abduction_Murder_Research/CMIIPDF.pdf

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.