May 13, 2024, 10:06:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony - MURDER TRIAL/JURY SELECTION - DAY 1 -5/9/11  (Read 295247 times)
Blumonkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

Earth hath no sorrow that heaven cannot heal. TM

« Reply #1140 on: May 09, 2011, 10:12:11 PM »

Random observations and opinions

I really do not think Casey knows that she has aged and her rear end has gotten wider. She walks as if she were a "hot dot" (as my Mom used to call it..) but Casey isn't, at least from the way I see it.

Her being frisked, legs wide, was so pathetic looking. I am glad she is not my daughter.

Jose might want Hispanic jurors, I do not know. Casey blamed a kidnapping on a Hispanic so I wonder how that would go.

Hi shell...good to see you.  the booking record said she was 5'7" and 130 lbs...but her hinney has spread and  she struts it. 

Good to see you too Sunny! She has been booked a few times, I would love to see the records compared. Refusing to see your Momma will cut off snack funds-those snacks must be the highlight of her day 

She looks like a mad woman in that last mug shot.  I think when Cindy finds out that Casey-poo has no money in her jail fund in Clearwater, she'll be down there tomorrow to put some in.  Can't have our sweetheart doing without pork rinds, can we?  I also noticed today that Casey has ears shaped like Mr. Spock on Startrek.  I've forgotten what planet he came from, but he could do this strange thing with his fingers.  I wonder if she can.
Spock was half Vulcan. "Live long and prosper."

I thank God for what I have and trust God for what I need.
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1141 on: May 09, 2011, 10:12:20 PM »

traveling to this new jail would have been the first time that Casey Ho would have been outside and in a vehicle since she has been in jail after her arrest..wonder what that felt like to her..

Really? I thought they would transfer her in a van to and from the jail and the court house.

She will be in Pinellas County jail for the duration of jury selection.

Yes, I know that...sorry I was talking about transporting her in Orlando..and here in Pinellas County...to and from the jail to the court house.  Time for me to hang it up for the night....I have been here off and on all day and am beginning not to make sense to even me!  And tomorrow is Day 2, the road to Justice for Caylee
Me too, Sunny, just whipped!  Sleep well and see you here tomorrow.  Good night Monkeys!       

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1142 on: May 09, 2011, 10:14:06 PM »

traveling to this new jail would have been the first time that Casey Ho would have been outside and in a vehicle since she has been in jail after her arrest..wonder what that felt like to her..

Really? I thought they would transfer her in a van to and from the jail and the court house.

She will be in Pinellas County jail for the duration of jury selection.

Yes, I know that...sorry I was talking about transporting her in Orlando..and here in Pinellas County...to and from the jail to the court house.  Time for me to hang it up for the night....I have been here off and on all day and am beginning not to make sense to even me!  And tomorrow is Day 2, the road to Justice for Caylee

you made perfect sense to me..
I have been here off and on most of the day too..and I will be tomorrow too lol...

TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1143 on: May 09, 2011, 10:29:44 PM »

Thanks for the welome everyone! Turbo-I have 23yrs and you are so lucky to be retired! I was wondering if jury selection is open to the public? If it is I will try to go tomorrow.

They bought out our contracts - Gave us 30 years for 25 to get rid of us. LOL (Pilot, Co & self)  I worked for a charter airline.

Gosh, guys I had to leave and I was on page 34 - come back and it is on 58 - I will be reading for a while.

Where you find a generational evil, you find chaos, lies and many family secrets.

There is a DEEP GENERATIONAL EVIL in the Anthony family.
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #1144 on: May 09, 2011, 10:35:31 PM »

I think I figured out why she was crying today.  If you look at her booking sheet for Pinellas County Jail  http://www.pcsoweb.com/InmateBooking/SubjectResults.aspx?id=1453694 she has $0.00 in her commissary account      

Her life has now changed as her jail shopping network is shut down during jury selection

Hi Northern Rose...I read somewhere today..sorry I can not remember where that Cindy dropped off $200 when she went to attempted to Casey this last time....and George had contributed $20.00

Yup, but that was in her old jail.  Looks like the money did not move with her.  Good to see you Mymonkey.

OMG that's amazingly awesome! Cindy goes down to martyr herself before one camera  and then she can't even use the money!  How is she going to survive from 3:30 pm to 4am w/o snackies?

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1145 on: May 09, 2011, 10:37:20 PM »

OMG - My darn dog was insisting on a meal and a walk...I know, she has a lot of nerve, she knows my butt has been glued to my computer chair all day (and likey the next 6-8weeks). I get back and Byazz is jabbering about Vass? WTH?

Call the fencing company - tell you you need an emergency fence and then put out food & water. LOL

Where you find a generational evil, you find chaos, lies and many family secrets.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1146 on: May 09, 2011, 10:39:04 PM »

so now Cindy will have to put more money in the new account until Casey Ho Ho gets back to Orange County..She will need her snacks after all...

TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1147 on: May 09, 2011, 10:41:01 PM »

yes..Jean C. on InSessions said that it was this morning..she got it wrong..

She ALWAYS gets the information wrong. It drives me nuts the way she screws up the facts.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1148 on: May 09, 2011, 10:42:19 PM »

She ALWAYS gets the information wrong. It drives me nuts the way she screws up the facts.

I know!
I like it when Beth Karas (?)  commentates the cases..she is usually pretty good from what I have seen...

BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #1149 on: May 09, 2011, 10:42:27 PM »

So Casey was moved last night....wonder how her first night went for her.  Hopefully she was taunted every minute and is still being taunted.  I want her sweating every second from here on out.

Some Monkey said something like Nobody likes a baby killer. I had heard that prisoners will often mistreat other prisoners that have killed a child. Now if we can expect that type of behavior from convicted criminals, how much more sympathy is the general public going to have for her??

::justice2NJ::

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

Sorry Caylee, the jury took your day away.

« Reply #1150 on: May 09, 2011, 10:44:04 PM »

I know!
I like it when Beth Karas (?)  commentates the cases..she is usually pretty good from what I have seen...

I loved Beth Karas when she was reporting on the Scott Peterson trial.  I have not seen her much lately though.

Thank you for my avi Brandi!

The jury wanted to go home, so a killer goes free.
TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1151 on: May 09, 2011, 10:46:05 PM »

snipped..

Christopher Slobogin, a professor at Vanderbilt University Law School, said that Florida law requires that a technique be "generally accepted" before an expert can give testimony based on it.

In this case, gas chromatography, which involves biochemically identifying odors, "is clearly an accepted procedure."

"What is not as clearly accepted is the procedure used here, where the results of gas chromatography provide the basis for a conclusion that an odor comes from human remains," Slobogin said.

In his ruling, Perry noted that the state and defense experts have differing opinions on the results of testing.

"The disagreement between the experts is best resolved by the trier of fact, the jury," Perry wrote. "This is where both the defense and the state will have the opportunity to controvert the experts' findings and conclusions."

At the end of the day Monday, Perry heard from defense attorney Jose Baez and Assistant State Attorney Jeff Ashton on the issue. Baez said he was unable to get certain information during depositions about the chemicals included in the Tennessee lab's tests. Perry said he was concerned enough about the defense's objection that he was going to do some research.

Perry said he doesn't want the issue to come back "to bite" in the form of an appeal.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/caylee-anthony/os-casey-anthony-trial-air-sample-rul20110509,0,1129937.story

There is going to be an appeal, so it might as well be on that issue. I think unwittingly the judge set up an appeal issue by letting material witnesses be in the courtroom AGAINST the defendants objections.

Everyone I have talked to says that is definitely an appeal issue because the defendant has the right to a fair trial and to allow material witnesses (regardless if they are her parents) be there over her objections is close to reckless if they don't get thrown out of the courtroom.

BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #1152 on: May 09, 2011, 10:48:45 PM »

geez, call me crazy, but isn't correct height and weight of an inmate kindof important?

I believe they probably weigh her and measure her on a regular basis, if she should escape they can't put out a guessimate. My daughter is 140 and you would never, ever guess it, she's well distributed and looks like 110 max.

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1153 on: May 09, 2011, 10:57:54 PM »

::snipping2::

In an order issued early Monday by Perry, he allowed the evidence in the trial, but said late Monday afternoon that he may not allow Vass' testimony if the database is not obtained.

"It is very troubling to me," Perry said on the issue of the database.

Perry said he had staff attorneys researching the issue and was willing to call the FBI himself to resolve the matter.

He said he was concerned about appellate issues.

"I have no plans to do this again," Perry said.

http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/27829893/detail.html

IMO, Baez has done nothing but whine and bugle this issue because he's out of his element and know nothing about the science end....LKB...was a "loss".

Now, Baez has bungled so badly that Ashton has said he would do it, if necessary, and the Judge is contemplating same.

Irony: Baez has both JP and Ashton "volunteering" to do his work for him.

Good grief!

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1154 on: May 09, 2011, 11:01:06 PM »

Even the judge presiding over Anthony's trial has made the connection, saying he suspects more journalists may cover this case than the 1994 case accusing sports legend-turned-movie star Simpson of murdering his ex-wife.

And there's a simple answer to this clumsy comparison: bunk.

While Casey Anthony's trial on charges of killing her 2-year-old daughter Caylee Anthony in 2008 has consumed loads of media attention, it's a long way from redefining media, race attitudes, celebrity and images of law enforcement the way Simpson's trial did.

Consider the numbers: About 1,160 journalists were credentialed to cover the Simpson trial, using 80 miles of electrical cable to create a $1-million clump of media trailers dubbed Camp O.J., according to the Los Angeles Times. With just 600 reporters credentialed so far for the Anthony trial, the media crush is substantial but must double to reach Simpson's level.

http://www.tampabay.com/features/media/comparisons-between-the-casey-anthony-trial-and-oj-simpsons-dont-hold-up/1168695

Well...during the OJ case...there wasn't Facebook, MySpace and Twitter...

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1155 on: May 09, 2011, 11:04:40 PM »

So Baez tried to have the jury dismissed because they don't look like him?  Well, Does KFC only hire people who look like chickens?

One would think a lawyer would know that the jury pool is comprised of random residents. Not a demographic slice of the pie.

Judge Perry had to explain that to him.

Oh...Baez "knew" it.  He just had to jab the judge.

How many times did Baez jab the judge about telling potential jurors that they're not being video taped?

I can see Baez battling the Judge the "entire trial".

Samarie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1156 on: May 09, 2011, 11:06:55 PM »

Even the judge presiding over Anthony's trial has made the connection, saying he suspects more journalists may cover this case than the 1994 case accusing sports legend-turned-movie star Simpson of murdering his ex-wife.

And there's a simple answer to this clumsy comparison: bunk.

While Casey Anthony's trial on charges of killing her 2-year-old daughter Caylee Anthony in 2008 has consumed loads of media attention, it's a long way from redefining media, race attitudes, celebrity and images of law enforcement the way Simpson's trial did.

Consider the numbers: About 1,160 journalists were credentialed to cover the Simpson trial, using 80 miles of electrical cable to create a $1-million clump of media trailers dubbed Camp O.J., according to the Los Angeles Times. With just 600 reporters credentialed so far for the Anthony trial, the media crush is substantial but must double to reach Simpson's level.

http://www.tampabay.com/features/media/comparisons-between-the-casey-anthony-trial-and-oj-simpsons-dont-hold-up/1168695

Well...during the OJ case...there wasn't Facebook, MySpace and Twitter...
It didn't take almost 3 yrs to bring OJ to trial either...trial completed, verdict read in about 2yrs and 4 mos.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1157 on: May 09, 2011, 11:12:39 PM »

I thought that it was said that Casey was moved early this morning? heard that on InSessions or some talk show..sorry, don't remember which one..
http://www.pcsoweb.com/InmateBooking/SubjectResults.aspx?id=1453694

Name                          Docket No.       Booking Date                  Arresting Agency
ANTHONY, CASEY    1453694      5/8/2011 6:28:23 PM    PINELLAS COUNTY SHERIFF
Address   City   State   Zip Code
TRANSIENT            
Race   Sex   DOB   Place of Birth   Arrest Age
WHITE    FEMALE    3/19/1986    FL    25
Eyes   Hair   Complexion   Height   Weight
BRO    BRO        507    130

Scars, Marks & Tattoos

I wonder why her Bella Vita tattoo is not listed?

she is not 5'7 nor 130 lbs..no way no how...she is very short..shorter than I am and I am 5'3

thanks...that's what I thought, too...I saw the 5'7" and thought I was goin nuts.  I'm 5'2"  and I'd say that Casey is somewhere arount 5'1" to 5'2"  and she's small....we all know a camera adds a lot of weight- remember "Cookie" told us she was smaller in person.  And I know a lady who has done a couple of local TV commercials...she's lovely and trim, but when I saw her in a commercial I was shocked at how heavy she looked...nothing like in real life. 

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1158 on: May 09, 2011, 11:13:17 PM »

I thought that it was said that Casey was moved early this morning? heard that on InSessions or some talk show..sorry, don't remember which one..

Booked in last night.

http://www.pcsoweb.com/InmateBooking/SubjectResults.aspx?id=1453694

Brandi - you're so good - TY

Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1159 on: May 09, 2011, 11:15:04 PM »

snipped..

Christopher Slobogin, a professor at Vanderbilt University Law School, said that Florida law requires that a technique be "generally accepted" before an expert can give testimony based on it.

In this case, gas chromatography, which involves biochemically identifying odors, "is clearly an accepted procedure."

"What is not as clearly accepted is the procedure used here, where the results of gas chromatography provide the basis for a conclusion that an odor comes from human remains," Slobogin said.

In his ruling, Perry noted that the state and defense experts have differing opinions on the results of testing.

"The disagreement between the experts is best resolved by the trier of fact, the jury," Perry wrote. "This is where both the defense and the state will have the opportunity to controvert the experts' findings and conclusions."

At the end of the day Monday, Perry heard from defense attorney Jose Baez and Assistant State Attorney Jeff Ashton on the issue. Baez said he was unable to get certain information during depositions about the chemicals included in the Tennessee lab's tests. Perry said he was concerned enough about the defense's objection that he was going to do some research.

Perry said he doesn't want the issue to come back "to bite" in the form of an appeal.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/caylee-anthony/os-casey-anthony-trial-air-sample-rul20110509,0,1129937.story

There is going to be an appeal, so it might as well be on that issue. I think unwittingly the judge set up an appeal issue by letting material witnesses be in the courtroom AGAINST the defendants objections.

Everyone I have talked to says that is definitely an appeal issue because the defendant has the right to a fair trial and to allow material witnesses (regardless if they are her parents) be there over her objections is close to reckless if they don't get thrown out of the courtroom.

Turbo--I agree with you and your sources on this.  Common usage of next-of-kin does not include grandparents--I believe them to be extended family.  They are two of the most important witnesses for the State and for once, Baez was correct in trying to bar them from attending the trial until after they are no longer needed as witnesses.  Even if they were next-of-kin, I believe this would be true.  I think it can be grounds for not only an appeal, but a successful appeal.

Not only that, but surely Judge Perry is aware of the many changes in their testimony.  That alone should have barred them. A lot of people feel sorry for them so maybe the judge does too, but this is neither the time nor the place for sentimentality. I was very disappointed in this. Anyway, the next-of-kin, according to her attorney, does plan to attend.

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.