May 21, 2024, 11:28:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #557 12/9 - 12/10/2006  (Read 136123 times)
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #440 on: December 10, 2006, 09:28:09 PM »

Quote from: "BTgirl"
Quote from: "MuffyBee"
BT-do you keep the stoppers in the tubs and sinks?  I spray my baseboards with bug spray that is for spiders, since scorpions are arachnids and that is what will kill them.  I use a hand held black light to illuminate and hunt scorpions down.  In summer, wet a piece of burlap and lay it out at night to make a trap.  The scorpions will go to it (they seek moisture).  Using black light, shine it on the burlap and use the bug spray to kill them.  That will get rid of some of the numbers.  Etc.  Also, chickens, guinea hens, ducks like to eat them.

Thanks, Muffy! I need all the help I can get!

Bt, you know that spray that you use in your house when you have pets that will get fleas from you when you go outside and bring them in on your clothes --- that spray kills spiders, etc., for me.  After we spray for about a week, we have dead spiders everywhere.  You have to get the correct one at the vet.  The others do not work.  It really works.  Also if you have your house sprayed for (Oh, Lord, I hate to say it) roaches and other insects like that, it causes more spiders and scorpions in your house because (especially brown recluse) feed on dead things and the poison does not affect them in anyway, so that spray from your termite and insect man WILL NOT kill the spiders and scorpions, only the spray for fleas and ticks will kill them.  If you do not use it with a dog, you probably should. It lasts for six months.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #441 on: December 10, 2006, 09:28:52 PM »

As an aside, I wanted to say one more thing regarding Jossy. When Easy shares Jossy's e-mails with me, I always make a point to ask Easy if they're okay to share. Sometimes he says yes and sometimes no. If Jossy has told Easy not to make something public, Easy is careful to pass that on to me. I just didn't want anyone to think things are being posted that Jossy would rather keep private.

Wink Gotcha!
MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #442 on: December 10, 2006, 09:29:45 PM »

Cubbee

Try LL Bean.  They have a very large assortment of coats too.  They have the best stuff for cold weather Wink

www.llbean.com

Maine, born and raised!
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #443 on: December 10, 2006, 09:29:49 PM »

Land's End...great place to shop.  I am buying my daughter a pair of their boots this year.  She needs something to keep her feet warm while walking across the campus.  She found them in the book and put a big red circle on them so I wouldn't miss it.
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #444 on: December 10, 2006, 09:30:36 PM »

Quote from: "Tylergal"

Bt, you know that spray that you use in your house when you have pets that will get fleas from you when you go outside and bring them in on your clothes --- that spray kills spiders, etc., for me.  After we spray for about a week, we have dead spiders everywhere.  You have to get the correct one at the vet.  The others do not work.  It really works.  Also if you have your house sprayed for (Oh, Lord, I hate to say it) roaches and other insects like that, it causes more spiders and scorpions in your house because (especially brown recluse) feed on dead things and the poison does not affect them in anyway, so that spray from your termite and insect man WILL NOT kill the spiders and scorpions, only the spray for fleas and ticks will kill them.  If you do not use it with a dog, you probably should. It lasts for six months.

Thanks, Tyler! I've been dreading springtime and the return of the insects here.   Evil or Very Mad

I Stand With The Girl
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #445 on: December 10, 2006, 09:31:55 PM »

Quote from: "Ms.DarthVada"
Cubbee

Try LL Bean.  They have a very large assortment of coats too.  They have the best stuff for cold weather Wink

www.llbean.com

Yep...L.L.Bean is great too.
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #446 on: December 10, 2006, 09:32:33 PM »

Quote from: "mrs. red"
Quote from: "LilPuma"
Quote from: "cubbeegirl"
I guess I am getting there with Christmas.  I bought a tree and some ornaments yesterday.  Have yet to buy any gifts.

I have been doing all of my shopping online, but cannot find a coat that I am sure will be warm enough for the Illinois weather, found one for hubby and son, but not for me. I want on that will cover my butt!!!!!!

Try Land's End.  They're online and they tell you how warm the coat is by the temperature.  Like "this will keep you warm up to 20 below."  Good quality.

Funny how all of us living in cold areas... immediately said Land's End!

LOL.  When #3 son was at Tulane, he had to do a lot of winter studies in cold places ,faraway from New Orleans.   We bought all his clothes from Lands End when he had to go to New York, Boston, London, Paris, etc.  They served him very well.

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #447 on: December 10, 2006, 09:34:03 PM »

Ms Vada is right... LL Bean is awesome too... I just love Land's End though!

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #448 on: December 10, 2006, 09:35:40 PM »

Quote from: "Ono"
I have lawn chairs sitting in front of fireplace in living room-haven't bought furniture for that room yet LOL  I guess it makes an interesting combination with the Christmas tree over in the corner.  Sorta outdoorsy...

You could play a disc of some outdoor sounds. Laughing

I was considering putting up a screened tent in the dining room this summer due to red wasp infestation-they kept coming in house through all kinds of places Shocked And then there were the scorpions...I have 22 windows in living room, so we have plenty of outside inside.  Have deer, roadrunners, foxes, many deer, squirrels.

Heavens, 22 windows!  There goes all the view I ever wanted and all the plantation shutters I could never afford with that many windows. Laughing  Laughing   Oh, I only wish. . . . . . .

carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #449 on: December 10, 2006, 09:35:54 PM »

Quote from: "bleachedblack"
Evening Monkeys,how is everyone tonight? I couldn't get into the cage for awhile......glad to be back.

Found this question asked by Anna, and am curious myself about current suspects. Also found a news article that seemsto be stating that Steve Croes was brought in and jailed due to statements made by one of the other suspects  and not because of something he overheard and felt he should go in and tell ALE about.

Quote from: "Anna"
With the release of Mickey Johns, we are down to eight suspects.  I am not certain exactly who a couple of them are.

1.  Joran
1.  Deepak
3.  Satish
4.  Steve Croes
5.  Abraham Jones
6.  Guido Wever

Is Geoffrey von Cromfroit a suspect or a witness?  How about Freddie?  Koen who did not even give a statement to the police?

Who are the last two suspects, anybody??

Earlier Sunday, the attorney for Steve Croes -- a 26-year-old disc jockey arrested in the case June 17 -- said his client would be freed by Monday afternoon due to a lack of evidence against him.

Croes' mother collapsed from emotion outside the courtroom after the judge announced his release.

No formal charges have been filed in the case. Prosecutors said Croes and the three younger suspects were held in connection with possible charges of first- or second-degree murder and kidnapping resulting in death.

Attorneys for Croes, the Kalpoes and Van Der Sloot have said the men are innocent.

Asked whether Holloway's relatives felt the releases were a setback, the girl's father, Dave Holloway, said his focus remains on finding his daughter, not on the investigation.

"I still feel like he ... has some answers," he said of Paul Van Der Sloot. "But if we find Natalee, that will resolve the whole thing."

Croes was arrested after one of the three youths named him, Police Commissioner Jan Van Der Straten said at the time.

The party boat where Croes works docks about 1,000 feet from the Holiday Inn where Holloway was staying.

The judge presiding in Sunday's hearings was flown in from the nearby island of Curacao to avoid the appearance of impropriety.

He heard the case against each suspect separately in a proceeding lasting more than four hours.

http://tinyurl.com/yc8nsg

hiya BB...

Question

1. Joran
1. Deepak
3. Satish
4. Steve Croes
5. Abraham Jones
6. Guido Wever
7. Geoffery Van Cromvoirt (think)
8.Freddy Zedan ? (think)

====

not sure.

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #450 on: December 10, 2006, 09:35:59 PM »

Tyler ~ will you post a pic of your Wonderful Life vignette, if you have a chance ~ it sounds wonderful.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #451 on: December 10, 2006, 09:37:12 PM »

Quote from: "tcumom"
Tyler ~ will you post a pic of your Wonderful Life vignette, if you have a chance ~ it sounds wonderful.

I'd love to see it too!

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #452 on: December 10, 2006, 09:37:30 PM »

From Jossy, per Easy

In my case it will be a phone interview. Fox has no satellite connections to their station from Aruba at this point. I knew about Dave and Beth, but not about Tito. I wonder what he would have to say. I know they will show the video tape. I am on at the start of the program for a short interview, then they will show the tape, and afterward will get back to me for questions.

I'm glad both Beth and Dave are on the show. So is De Vries, with whom they had another interesting interview.

Thanks BT and Easy! So excited to hear that they are showing the tape tonight!!!!!!

Also glad to see that Kimberly G is scooping Greta  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Cool

Bring Natalee home...
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #453 on: December 10, 2006, 09:40:16 PM »

Quote from: "mishy"
From Jossy, per Easy

In my case it will be a phone interview. Fox has no satellite connections to their station from Aruba at this point. I knew about Dave and Beth, but not about Tito. I wonder what he would have to say. I know they will show the video tape. I am on at the start of the program for a short interview, then they will show the tape, and afterward will get back to me for questions.

I'm glad both Beth and Dave are on the show. So is De Vries, with whom they had another interesting interview.

Thanks BT and Easy! So excited to hear that they are showing the tape tonight!!!!!!

Also glad to see that Kimberly G is scooping Greta  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Cool

It appears that Greta has gotten her moneysworth out of the case.
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #454 on: December 10, 2006, 09:40:23 PM »

awesome, thanks for the heads up, Mishy

as always, I like your Avatar... heh heh CRACKS ME UP!  Very Happy

Laughing

------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #455 on: December 10, 2006, 09:40:49 PM »

I'd love to see it too!

Me too... Me too... one of the Christmas Parade floats had something like that ..... I loved it... and that is my favorite movies of all times....

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #456 on: December 10, 2006, 09:41:26 PM »

oops! I mean, BT GIRL - 'heads up'

------------------
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #457 on: December 10, 2006, 09:41:26 PM »

I'd love to see it too!

Muffy ~ where are you in the Hill Country ~ I'm in Georgetown ~ or maybe I shouldn't be telling that  Confused ?
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #458 on: December 10, 2006, 09:41:38 PM »

I would love to if I can find my cameras.  DH will not let me buy another one.  He says they are here someplace.  We just went through a home remodel and upgrade, and I have misplaced the cameras and a few other items.  I am sure I will find them.  I MUST have them for Christmas for pictures of these sweet grandsons.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #459 on: December 10, 2006, 09:42:36 PM »

I'd love to see it too!

Muffy ~ where are you in the Hill Country ~ I'm in Georgetown ~ or maybe I shouldn't be telling that  Confused ?

South west of Austin

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.