May 14, 2024, 10:20:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #527 9/26 - 9/29/2006  (Read 120001 times)
memphis
Monkey Junky

« Reply #860 on: September 29, 2006, 01:11:19 AM »

Sunfreak, those are fabulous! Is Dorothy actually wearing the red shoes?

Have you marketed anything? I would buy for my store.  Wink
spooky112483
Monkey Junky

« Reply #861 on: September 29, 2006, 01:12:54 AM »

Well I am so happy the interview went well. Looks like it has already had a positive impact.

Klaas, what is up with this SM radio stuff? I haven't seen any details about it. Thanks

"They call Alabama the Crimson Tide"
Arubagate2005
Go Lakers!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #862 on: September 29, 2006, 01:21:28 AM »

Quote from: "spooky112483"
Well I am so happy the interview went well. Looks like it has already had a positive impact.

Klaas, what is up with this SM radio stuff? I haven't seen any details about it. Thanks

I haven't got all the details yet myself.  It seems Dana will be linked with SM and do shows from here??  I'm not sure what it all means or entails but from what I gather it's all supposed to happen around October 1st.
spooky112483
Monkey Junky

« Reply #863 on: September 29, 2006, 01:25:17 AM »

Quote from: "klaasend"

I haven't got all the details yet myself.  It seems Dana will be linked with SM and do shows from here??  I'm not sure what it all means or entails but from what I gather it's all supposed to happen around October 1st.

Thanks Klaas. I'm sure Red will do a FP about it soon then. Sounds very exciting!

"They call Alabama the Crimson Tide"
Arubagate2005
Go Lakers!
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #864 on: September 29, 2006, 01:33:04 AM »

SUNFREAK,

What fun!  Those costumes are adorable!!

Hey, Spooky!

Klaas, October 1 is Sunday!   Shocked Maybe Dana will do that show as SM radio?  Does sound exciting.

Am falling asleep at the keyboard so goodnight, all.  Glad Beth had nice trip and is pleased.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #865 on: September 29, 2006, 01:34:25 AM »

Nite Anna - I'm not far behind you!
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #866 on: September 29, 2006, 01:51:05 AM »

Thanks, San, for transcribing.  I appreciate it very much.  Ciao.  

Ciao, Monkeys.  All new kitchen, no recipes.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #867 on: September 29, 2006, 01:51:36 AM »

Quote from: "memphis"
Sunfreak, those are fabulous! Is Dorothy actually wearing the red shoes?

Have you marketed anything? I would buy for my store.  Wink

The shoes are tied to the basket with ToTo in it.  Laughing

Yes, I've marketed a few things.  I've had clothes & hairbows in some posh shops in NYC, Atlantic City, Hollywood & Atlanta.  Most of my biz was from my web-site and referrals.  I also did eBay for awhile.  Everything I do is my original pattern.  My poor dogs have to stand there and be my manekins as I fit, pin, cut, etc until I get it just right.  I 've been so busy with the breeding lately, that I haven't sat down and designed/made anything for awhile.

What kind of store do you have?
SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #868 on: September 29, 2006, 01:54:04 AM »

Time for Mr. Sandman.  Good night y'all.

Please let tomorrow be THE day for Natalee.
igsigs
Monkey Junky

« Reply #869 on: September 29, 2006, 02:25:30 AM »

The latest from the disinformation squad, featuring scubajap:

"BTW - Deepak WAS offered protected witness status if he would testify against Joran, and as much as he now dislikes Joran, which is quite a bit, let me tell you, he still wouldn't do it, because it would be a lie".
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #870 on: September 29, 2006, 05:55:34 AM »

Below is an email I sent re. an article I found (linked below).

Hello,

I found an article by you at this link:

http://www.useless-knowledge.com/1234/nov/article155.html

I certainly don’t want to get into a political or patriotic discussion, but I want you to know that while One Missing White Girl might not be everybody’s choice of a “Big Story”, it nonetheless has brought intense scrutiny to Aruba. And Aruba does not come up looking good.

Here is a web site thread I would like for you to review. The site is scaredmonkeys.com; discussion forums are at scaredmonkeys.net. The particular thread I refer you to is “Murder & Crime on Aruba,” and the link below is to page 6. On that page, there is a Summary of Murder & Violent Crime.

If you read the previous pages/posts in the thread you will understand that this information has not been easy to document. The leading resource is local Aruba newspapers, and the primary newspapers are not in English. (In fact, the largest circulation is enjoyed by Diario, which is in Papiamentio.)

Here is Page 6:

http://www.scaredmonkeys.net/viewtopic.php?t=188&start=100  

On the next page, 7, of that same thread, you will find U.S. statistics for Murder – just released figures for the year 2005. The stats for the U.S. are lower, both as a national average, as well as for cities of population 50,000-99,999.

The gist of the discussion is that Aruba deliberately obscures its statistics about murder and violent crime in the interest of its tourism industry. I have seen travel writers and other columnists cite “1 murder in 20 years” and “2.4 per year” on Aruba. We found information about at least 7 in 2005. There are at least 4 in 2006. We are working on translations of three 9/25/2006 Diario articles about three bodies.

I do not deny that corruption, ineptness, cover-ups, etc., can exist in every human enterprise, including those in the United States. However, a big difference is that a law enforcement agency in a US town of, say, 100,000, can call in multiple levels of resources for assistance in a tough case. And that same law enforcement agency is accountable to multiple levels of scrutiny. Doesn’t make things perfect, no, but it makes it harder for its officers to go wrong.

Aruba is answerable to no one. The Holloway investigation was a farce, and that begs the question, “Why?”.

Thank you for your time.

< msmarple redacts her contact info >

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #871 on: September 29, 2006, 06:48:10 AM »

Quote from: "msmarple"

The gist of the discussion is that Aruba deliberately obscures its statistics about murder and violent crime in the interest of its tourism industry. I have seen travel writers and other columnists cite “1 murder in 20 years” and “2.4 per year” on Aruba. We found information about at least 7 in 2005. There are at least 4 in 2006. We are working on translations of three 9/25/2006 Diario articles about three bodies.

About the bolded sentence above, from my previous post -

I emailed Getagrip, who kindly translated portions of the three Diario articles. Geta is a former monkey who taught herself Papiamento, and started her own web site about the Holloway case. Ultimately, it became a bit overwhelming and she "withdrew" from the case. (Geta - if you lurk - wish you would come back!)

In addition, sandy levia translated one of them.

All of the results are on the M&C thread (see my sig line), page 7 I think.

Apparently none of the three were murders, although there is still some doubt (in my mind) about the first article in the group. The first part of that story is about illegal Venezuelans arriving by boat. The death is not mentioned until late in the story, and we don't have that translated. Apparently he drowned.

The second death was of a man who fell from the boat while crab fishing with friends. He also drowned. The coast guard etc. were involved in the rescue attempt.

The third article in the group concerned a man who died alone at home. This is stated to be of natural causes.

Thanks again to Geta and Sandy.

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #872 on: September 29, 2006, 07:03:18 AM »

Quote from: "Red"
Quote from: "sb"
One thing is for sure though, it was GOOD to see Beth back in front of the cameras. She needs to step it up some.

I have been VERY concerned that she is losing momentum and the Holland trip was a help.

Agreed SB, however, the momentum would have been better served if the media would actually do their job. Stop with the lazy interviews.

My fear is the media is doing a diservice to the story because they refuse to add new details that have come to light. There is a wealth of info out there that never existed 2 months ago, but Greta askes the same stupid questions.

The American people are waiting for the media to actually say something and they refuse to, wonder why?

Sure looks like a childish game.  Now that Greta doesnt get the handouts first, she is treating Beth as some little filler story.  Greta's treatment of Beth is completely based on emotion and nothing else.

Greta - you either want to help or you dont.  Make up your mind but dont play games with this woman.  Shes been through enough of that.
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #873 on: September 29, 2006, 07:10:01 AM »

The demographic presented by the site meter is very interesting, isn’t it?  If Beth could mention Scared Monkeys on NG tonight, the meter would really start spinning! lol
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #874 on: September 29, 2006, 07:14:00 AM »

Quote from: "klaasend"

Maybe he will give us the scoop tonight on his live show.  The 1st is coming up pretty fast!
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #875 on: September 29, 2006, 07:16:26 AM »

Good morning!  

OT-  I am going to Chattanooga this weekend.  Do not be worried if I am not around here.  I'll be here in spirit.

I have chemo today so keep on visualizing NO MO CANCER.  It's worked so far.  Dr. said I am in remission.  Let's keep it that way.

Now back to read a little before leaving for the clinic!

Smoochies!

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
Leslie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #876 on: September 29, 2006, 07:21:48 AM »

Diario
http://www.diarioaruba.com/
Amigoe
http://www.amigoe.com/english/
BonDia
http://www.cspnv.com/
Solo di Pueblo
http://www.solodipueblo.com/
AweMainta
http://www.awemainta.com/
Translator:
http://papiamentu.donamaro.nl

Fox reported...I decided...Click!
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #877 on: September 29, 2006, 07:33:45 AM »

Quote from: "Peaches"
Good morning!  

OT-  I am going to Chattanooga this weekend.  Do not be worried if I am not around here.  I'll be here in spirit.

I have chemo today so keep on visualizing NO MO CANCER.  It's worked so far.  Dr. said I am in remission.  Let's keep it that way.

Now back to read a little before leaving for the clinic!

Smoochies!

God Bless ya Peaches!  You can count on all of us to have positive thoughts for you today.
Leslie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #878 on: September 29, 2006, 07:41:17 AM »

Peaches:  Good vibrations are being sent to you.    Very Happy

Fox reported...I decided...Click!
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #879 on: September 29, 2006, 07:51:36 AM »

Good morning Monkeys!

San, thanks so much for the transcription. I am telepathically sending you homemade warm chocolate chip cookies for your morning coffee Very Happy Or, in honor of our Dutch guests -- a few stroopwaffles. Trust me -- you'll LOVE them Very Happy

And I'm still feeling optimistic about Beth's interview in the Netherlands -- and the heartfelt comments by the Dutch posters on the FP.

I personally have loved all my trips to The Netherlands -- and all the warm, family oriented people I have met there. I KNEW they would be enraged if they knew the truth. I didn't realize that they were hearing nothing -- or just the lies.

Thank you Mr Jennsen (sp?) -- and the 'everyday' people in the Netherlands. What can we do to help you help Beth? You have the power -- demand answers and demand proper investigation. No parent should have to live in this agony of lies as to what happened to their child. It could have happened to anyone. And still can. And he's in your country now. And up to his 'normal' predatory ways. Protect your children.

READ THE TRANSCRIPTS OF ALL 22 'STORIES'

Thank you Scared Monkeys.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.