May 04, 2024, 10:22:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony MURDER TRIAL- DAY 25- 6/22/11  (Read 306112 times)
cheeky monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #280 on: June 22, 2011, 10:09:38 AM »

so the air samples were consistent with (but he can't say conclusively) decomp or cabbage.  However, no testimony YET that she drove around with a dead cabbage in the trunk
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #281 on: June 22, 2011, 10:09:49 AM »

They are all making VASS look better.   

Another great witness by the duhfense to bolster the Prosecution.  Waiting for Ashton's cross.  

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #282 on: June 22, 2011, 10:10:01 AM »

So all he is saying...we found Clorox=chloroform ingredient, gasoline=gasoline, and the others are decoposition. If quoted Dr. S from Greece Aston will take care of that. It would take allot of cabbage, onions and whatever stuff to get that level of chloroform

It depends, IMO where the needle was... closer to the gas tank et al

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #283 on: June 22, 2011, 10:12:07 AM »

Linda and Jeff are smiling.  They've got something planned!

These are my opinions and subject to change.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #284 on: June 22, 2011, 10:12:13 AM »

15 minute recess
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #285 on: June 22, 2011, 10:12:38 AM »

this is the most incoherent defense i have ever seen. it's so confusing it makes no sense, and it is just all around ridiculous and pathetic
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #286 on: June 22, 2011, 10:12:44 AM »

sorry meant decomposition... hit ignore in spell check in above and shouldn't have

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #287 on: June 22, 2011, 10:13:18 AM »

I am without power this morning!  Following u monkeys for updates.

you aren't missing much..no bombshells so far..
Something is up Linda looks very happy

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #288 on: June 22, 2011, 10:13:22 AM »

I take it the same way, Linda was actually rubbing her hands together as if to say "O goodie."   The break seems to be planned for ultimate impact, IMHO

BluesyGram
Monkey Junky

« Reply #289 on: June 22, 2011, 10:13:32 AM »

http://twitter.com/#!/CFNews13Casey
CFNews13Casey Casey Anthony News13
Sigman says chloroform could have been detected because of bleach, or human decomposition. #CaseyAnthony -jfell
1 minute ago
Casey Anthony News13
Sigman says the other chemicals found are common in household products (clorox) (degreaser) #CaseyAnthony -jfell
3 minutes ago
Casey Anthony News13
Sigman says they went back to car- left Samples in trunk For 7.5 hrs. Sample- more concrete. Found gasoline, chloroform, and other chemicals
5 minutes ago

I have absolutely no doubt that Sindy used a carpet/fabric cleaner on that liner along with the Febreeze that she admitted to.  She probably sprayed it on before she went back to work ....it dried for a few hours...then she vacuumed it with that wet/dry vacuum cleaner.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #290 on: June 22, 2011, 10:13:42 AM »

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #291 on: June 22, 2011, 10:14:03 AM »

YES very happy 

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #292 on: June 22, 2011, 10:14:16 AM »

so the air samples were consistent with (but he can't say conclusively) decomp or cabbage.  However, no testimony YET that she drove around with a dead cabbage in the trunk

[ I'll never look at cabbage or onions in the same way again. ]
4myjoey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #293 on: June 22, 2011, 10:14:34 AM »

Is the State sure that the smell of decomp is still in those cans? 

I don't know anything about this so thought I'd ask.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #294 on: June 22, 2011, 10:17:14 AM »

Did this witness testify that chloroform can be produced naturally from a decomposing body?

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
pharlap
Monkey Junky

« Reply #295 on: June 22, 2011, 10:17:37 AM »

Might be a cabbage doll...............

CA = Albatross     Oh no "the fog"           
cheeky monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #296 on: June 22, 2011, 10:18:56 AM »

[ I'll never look at cabbage or onions in the same way again. ]

I want to know where the missing cabbage and onions are!!! ROY???
alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #297 on: June 22, 2011, 10:19:15 AM »

One expert yesterday said his sample stunk up his lab.
Magic Eyes
Monkey Junky

Casper misses Brandi :)

« Reply #298 on: June 22, 2011, 10:19:18 AM »

9:00am Wed, June 22, 2011 Court is in session, the jury is not present.

Court and attorneys are at sidebar before court begins. Jury is being returned.

Defense witness is Maureen Bottrell.

Baez is up.........

Works for the FBI as a Geologist Forensic Examiner.  Takes soil analysis.  Has lots of education and has lectured and taught her subject. Deals with soils and minerals and glass, rocks, gem stones and cements.  She has testified 40 times in Federal and State Courts.

She has been declared an expert witness in geology.

She had items sent to her in this case, she examined them for geological evidence.  Baez is referring her to her report of March 2009.  She received items from Casey's car.  Debris from the trunk and around the car, and the shovel from Brian Burner.  She also received 22 pairs of shoes from the Anthony home.  She also received soil samples from evidence markers from the remains site off Suburban.  The soil samples received were after the top layer was removed. 2 samples from the car were insufficient and the rest were mixed samples and she couldn't do a good study.  With the shovel, the testing was stopped because the body was found.  They were looking at the shovel to determine where the body may have been buried.  They never tested the shovel again.  The shoes either had no material on them or was very limited.  3 pairs of the shoes were tested and were different from the crime remains scene.  She also tested a transport bag, which is the bag the shoes came in and it had insufficient material in it to be tested. 

Jeff is up.........

Did you determine the shoes you did examine were never at Suburban Drive?  No. There are many reasons she gave for this, they could of been at the scene and she would not of found it on the shoes.  She could not find the presence or absence of evidence to say that Casey was either at or not at Suburban Drive.

Baez is up.........

You cannot say that Casey was at Suburban Drive?  No, I cannot.  I would have to speculate to say whether or not she was at the scene compared to the evidence found on her shoes.  Witness is excused.

9:20am, next defense witness is Madeline Montgomery. 

Baez is up......

She is a Forensic Toxicologist for the FBI in Quantico, VA.  She had lots of education and training. She analyzes blood, urine and hair for drugs and poisons. She has published peer reviewed papers.  She has testified in court 11 times.  She is declared an expert witness in Forensic Chemistry and Toxicology.

She received the hair mat belonging to Caylee Marie Anthony.  She tested the hair by first breaking off part of the hair and making it into dust then into solvent and then tested that in a instrument and tested for Xanax and Klonopin, she was asked to test for those.  The tests for those 2 drugs were negative.  She also tested for those again and 9 other drugs in the same family, Valium, roofies, Ketamine and others.  All the results were negative.  She used a new technique that was 10 times more powerful than the normal test.  She tested for no other items.  She doesn't know how much exposure to these drugs it would take for it to show up in the hair. 

Jeff is up.........

The negative result is forensically meaningless?  It means I didn't find the drug and it didn't show up.  It could of been given and not show up in the hair?  Yes.  If someone were exposed to something and died immediately it would not of shown up in the hair?  No, it would not.  You can not test for chloroform can you?  No, I can not. You could not test the hair to see if this child drowned?  No.

Baez is up..........

What other meaningless kind of work do you do at the FBI.  I don't believe any of my work is meaningless. You had a sample you did a test and the results came back negative?  Yes.

Witness is excused.

9:40am Next defense witness is Dr. Michael Sigman.

Mason is up.........

He is a faculty member at the University of Central Florida.  He is a forensic scientist.  He has a PhD and lots of other education.  He worked at Oakridge Natl. Lab he knew Dr. Arpad Vass at Oakridge. He has 64 peer reviewed publications.  He has lectured over 40 times.  He is declared an expert in the field of chemistry

He became involved in this case July 2008, he was asked to take air samples from the trunk of the Pontiac Sun Fire.  Dr Vass was not available to take those samples, so he was asked to go to the OC Sheriff's Office and take samples.  He called Dr Vass and asked him what kind of samples he wanted him to use.  They discussed using a tedlar bag, it is a plastic bag, it is commonly used for collecting air samples.  He and his associate Doug Clark went to OC Sheriff's Vehicle bay and took air samples from the Pontiac.  They used a syringe to pull air from the trunk an inch, extracted the air and placed it into the tedlar bag.  He took 2 samples into 2 tedlar bags.  He left both samples in custody with the OC Sheriff's Dept.  The large bag was sent to Dr Vass and the smaller bag was sent to the Central Florida University, where they tested it.  They used a an oven like machine called the massed spectrometer.  The first test found trace amounts of volatile components, similar to what you would find in gasoline.  They did another test and found more concentrations of gasoline.  They were not able to do any quantitative analysis.  They were able to identify from the second sample, components from gasoline.  They knew they could use a different method that would work better.  On July 22, 2008 they returned to the OC Sheriff's bay and took new tests.  They took them to the Natl Center for Forensic Science.  On July 23, 2008 they took more samples that were left for periods of hours.  The results of all samples, was primarily that of gasoline and chloroform and others.  They were not subjected to quantitative analysis.  Tetrachoralethylene was also found, it is normally found in dry cleaning materials and spot removers.  Chloroform is a solvent that is used in degreasing applications and is formed in natural settings with bleach and other materials found in decomposition as well.  He has not done decomposition studies on human remains but Dr Vass and others have found these and other compounds are found in human decomp.  Dr. Stethalopoulous has also found these compounds in decomposing bodies, 11 were in common with Dr. Vass.  Do you have an opinion now whether or not there was human remains in that trunk?  There were 3 compounds found at low levels, based solely on our tests, I can not say that human remains were in that trunk.  I was aware that garbage was found in the trunk. How many air samples did you take?  6, 2 tedlar bags, and 4 others.  All of those samples was the primary finding gasoline?  Could be attributed to gasoline.  The solid phase contained the other 3 compounds.  Mason is done.....

Jeff asks to take a 15 minute recess before he begins....

Court is in recess till 10:25.

Hugs, Magic 

"Dear God." she cried out, "look at all the suffering and injustice in the world. Why don't you send help?" God responded,"I did send help, I sent you."
Monkeys will never give up on justice. an angelic monkey
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #299 on: June 22, 2011, 10:20:09 AM »

It is just my opinion, but I am sure the State knows the smell is still in the cans.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.