May 21, 2024, 12:48:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cody Plotner 16, Damascus OR Missing 2/5/07 (BODY FOUND-ruled suicide)  (Read 5149 times)
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: February 17, 2007, 05:28:35 PM »

Damascus Mother Searches For Missing Son

POSTED: 9:07 am PST February 17, 2007

A Damascus woman is searching for her missing 16-year-old son.

Kelli Reedy said she hasn’t seen her son Cody Plotner since he left their house to walk to work at Pub 212 on Feb. 5. She said he never got there and hasn’t picked up his paycheck.

“The fact that he’s left his check is what’s really got me scared. He was looking forward to payday and had plans for that,” said Reedy.
Click here to find out more!

Plotner is 6 feet 2 inches tall and 145 pounds. He was last seen wearing a black sweatshirt, a brown baseball cap with a white insignia and blue jeans.

Plotner’s family has set-up a Web site, visit www.rosefish.com for more information.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 03:55:09 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2007, 07:35:39 PM »

BB - did you go to that website?  It's the oddest thing.  The missing flyer has all the information blacked out.  Something isn't right about this case.

Not the flyer I guess but the press release.  Why wouldn't there be a police contact??  This does not make sense.
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2007, 07:46:44 PM »

The flyer seems OK, the Press Release had info blacked out. Not sure why. No 16 year old would not claim a check from work......you are right something isn't right. Will keep my eyes open.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2007, 08:03:32 PM »

I'm fairly certain this is Cody's myspace site:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=18843600
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2007, 10:18:21 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"

Looks like it might be. He hasn't posted since 12/25/06. Found this comment interesting........

I don't think I have a Hero. I could consider my friends down near Salem heroes because they have saved my life a lot; I'm kinda accident prone.

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2007, 11:27:40 PM »

I just wanted to pass along this email exchange. I wrote to the email at the link posted and very quickly received this response. Details are still very few........

email sent 2-17 8:33 pm
Hello, I saw your posted information regarding Cody today. I belong to Scared  Monkeys which is a website that tracks/watches for missing children. Information  regarding Cody's disappearance is sketchy at the links you provide.   If there is any additional info that I might include in his disappearance I would be glad to post it. I did look up his myspace.com site and it appears on there that he mentions friends in Salem.....would that be a likely diirection for him to have taken? Sorry to bother you. Our prayers are with Cody and you, his family and friends. Hope is is returned home to you quickly and safely.

response received 2-17  10:47 pm
Unfortunately that is about all of the information we have to go on. We have written to all of his myspace friends and have gotten only one response so far. He could be anywhere Salem, Portland, Vancouver WA.
If we do get more information I will foward it to you so that you may post it
on your site, too. Thanks for the link and your prayers.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2007, 11:56:20 PM »

Quote from: "bleachedblack"
I just wanted to pass along this email exchange. I wrote to the email at the link posted and very quickly received this response. Details are still very few........

email sent 2-17 8:33 pm
Hello, I saw your posted information regarding Cody today. I belong to Scared  Monkeys which is a website that tracks/watches for missing children. Information  regarding Cody's disappearance is sketchy at the links you provide.   If there is any additional info that I might include in his disappearance I would be glad to post it. I did look up his myspace.com site and it appears on there that he mentions friends in Salem.....would that be a likely diirection for him to have taken? Sorry to bother you. Our prayers are with Cody and you, his family and friends. Hope is is returned home to you quickly and safely.

response received 2-17  10:47 pm
Unfortunately that is about all of the information we have to go on. We have written to all of his myspace friends and have gotten only one response so far. He could be anywhere Salem, Portland, Vancouver WA.
If we do get more information I will foward it to you so that you may post it
on your site, too. Thanks for the link and your prayers.

Thanks!  If it weren't for him NOT picking up his paycheck I would think he ran away.  The paycheck part has me scratching my head.
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2007, 12:06:07 AM »

I received via email this very sad news regarding Cody Plotner. A friend of his family sent this brief note which I will post in the Missing Persons thread. Likely more news to follow.

+++++++++++++++

Dale,

Wanted to let you know that last night at about 11:30pm, Cody's body was found,
it appears he committed suicide by jumping off a bridge. Please hold posting
this until 9:00pm PST today (2/18 )
Thanks -- John McAdams

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2007, 11:37:45 PM »

Cody's body was found near his home by two people on horseback late Saturday, February 17th.
One of the people who initially found Cody is a classmate of his.
At this time, we're asking that people leave your condolences in the fourm.

Some of Kelli's co-workers have expressed a desire to start a fund to help the family,
more news about that will be coming after the family has
had time to mourn the loss of this beloved child.

http://www.rosefish.com/

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.