May 21, 2024, 02:48:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony- MURDER TRIAL- DAY 22- 6/18 - 6/19/11  (Read 657572 times)
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1440 on: June 18, 2011, 10:55:53 PM »

I am less focused on the numbers co inky dink and trying to find out if Dr Rodriquez, an original founder of the Body farm,has an axe to grind and thats why he is testifying for FREE, as he and Bobo stated. All I can find is he is a co founder with Dr Bass. I want to know why he left and if it was on good terms
Could be possible he didn't leave on good terms. Maybe he was trying to "make a profit" and it didn't fly with Dr Bass. I don't know, what I do know is all of Mr Baez's witnesses have been sleazy so maybe Mr Rodriguez has some skeleton in his closet that likes to profit off of a murdered child case even if it is after the fact. Like becoming a talking head on TV or a paid media wh*re like Dr Spitz.

JMSO JSM 

Actually, the allowance of his testimony tells me that Casey won't get the dp. He is Chief Deputy ME for the Dept of Defense. I trust that the Prosecution can handle him, especially considering their whole team is impeccable in their questioning, so I fo believe Casey will be in prison for a long time.

http://www.wftv.com/pdf/26147124/detail.html

Rodriguez's CV starts on page 280

He claims co-founder of body farm and his references include Dr Bass and Henry Lee.

I agree with Turbo as far as Rodriguez being a grad student under Bass, but he did help start it as far as being there from the very beginning. Rodriguez documented the maggots, larvae, blowflies, etc. I usually can't stand wiki but here's a quick link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Tennessee_Anthropological_Research_Facility

Snip:
The University of Tennessee Anthropological Research Facility, better known as the Body Farm and sometimes seen as the Forensic Anthropology Facility,[1] was started in late 1971 by anthropologists William M. Bass and Bill Rodriguez as a facility for study of the decomposition of human remains. It is located a few miles from downtown Knoxville, Tennessee, USA, behind the University of Tennessee Medical Center.

Snip:
In the early 1980s, Bass began building his facility with a small group of students. His initial institution consisted of a fenced-off, 256-square-foot (23.8 m2) slab of concrete with a small, windowless shed on top, where tools and surgical instruments would be stored. A front porch measuring 160 square feet (15 m2) was reserved as a spot to lay bodies out for decomposition studies. In the summer of 1981, Bass finally got the chance to use this facility with his first donated research subject: a 73 year old man who had died of emphysema and heart disease. Labeled "1-81" for confidentiality, Bass' first research subject provided information on the four stages that occur during the decomposition of a human body. Bass uses this naming convention, the designated number of the body and the year it was obtained, specifically for donated research subjects. Bass uses the reverse convention, "year-number", for the real world cases he works.[7]

Bill Rodriguez, one of Bass' graduate students, wrote his doctoral thesis on information gathered from this facility. Each day, he notated the presence of various insects on human cadavers and other information like changes in the body, and the timing of each of these.[1] Rodriguez noticed that blow-flies immediately swarmed carcass in study and began mass-producing eggs all over its orifices. However, other insects were also attracted to the freshly rotting body including yellow jackets and wasps. Once the blow-fly eggs turned into maggots, beetles too began assembling on the body not only to feed on the body itself but on its co-inhabitants, the maggots, as well.[8] In addition, the four stages of decomposition were systemically characterized in a scientific, orderly manner beginning with "1-81". During the fresh stage, maggots fed and multiplied on the corpse. The skin of the upper jaw and mandible stretch into what looks like a smile, and the hair and skin are still securely attached to the skull. After a couple days, the body enters the bloat stage, which is caused by the gases that the bacteria in the intestines give off as they feed on the dead tissues. Next, the body slowly decomposes in the decay stage until it finally reaches the dry stage in which the body has basically become a skeleton. About a month passed before "1-81" entered the dry stage. Microbes and insects had consumed most of his soft tissues, and the sun had dried out what was left on the bones.
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1441 on: June 18, 2011, 10:58:31 PM »

Judge Janine is whack too.  Body was found 15 blocks from her house??  Huh??  Earlier she said "will Caylee have to testify".   

Again she screwed that up & she was down there live with Leonard last week!   15 houses, ya know around the corner from the Anthony's house...geez

I have no patience for the people doing these shows that can't get the already proven facts locked into their heads before they open their stupid mouths!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1442 on: June 18, 2011, 11:00:27 PM »

Judge Janine is whack too.  Body was found 15 blocks from her house??  Huh??  Earlier she said "will Caylee have to testify".   

Again she screwed that up & she was down there live with Leonard last week!   15 houses, ya know around the corner from the Anthony's house...geez

I have no patience for the people doing these shows that can't get the already proven facts locked into their heads before they open their stupid mouths!

ITA 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #1443 on: June 18, 2011, 11:01:58 PM »

someone else feels the same way

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139916&page=6
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrysgirl 
Maybe it was the way he started. It just really rubbed me the wrong way. to start out saying "I'm an unpaid consultant" just said to me that he was going to go against what Dr. Vass/Dr. Bass said. What I want to know is why he left the body farm. something is just not right about this guy, IMO.

I found this, from Turbo in Dec. 2010
Here:  http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:WFWw-AIQbnEJ:scaredmonkeys.net/index.php%3Ftopic%3D8873.160%3Bwap2+%22william.c.rodriguez1%40us.army.mil%22&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&source=www.google.com

SunnyinTX:
Quote from: TURBOTHINK on December 01, 2010, 09:27:03 PM

Rodriquez is NOT a co-founder of The Body Farm at the University of Tennessee. He was an assistant in the Anthropology Dept when Bill Bass started the Body Farm He got his PH.D. from UT and went into the military as a medical examiner. I will be writing the media to tell them to check their facts before they print any such garbage.

Rodriguez, William C., III, Ph.D.,
No. 40    Office of the Armed Force Medical Examiner
1413 Research Boulevard, Bldg. 102
Rockville, MD 20850
E-mail: william.c.rodriguez1@us.army.mil     (301) 319-0000

thanks for clearing that up Turbo

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Tennessee_Anthropological_Research_Facility
 ::snipping2::

Early experiences
In the early 1980s, Bass began building his facility with a small group of students.
Bill Rodriguez, one of Bass' graduate students, wrote his doctoral thesis on information gathered from this facility.

http://web.utk.edu/~anthrop/faculty/cv/Bass.pdf

::snipping2:: 's

138.  Rodriguez, William C. and William M. Bass
1983 Insect activity and its relationship to decay rates of human
cadavers in East Tennessee.  Journal of Forensic Sciences
28:423-432.

157.  Rodriguez, William C. and William M. Bass
1985 Decomposition of buried bodies and methods that may aid in
their location.  Journal of Forensic Sciences 30(3):836-852.

158.  Bass, William M. and William C. Rodriguez
1986 The Place of a Forensic Anthropologist in a Mass Disaster: 
The Benton Fireworks Explosion.  ABSTRACT: H15.  Program
38th Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Forensic
Sciences, p. 99.  New Orleans, Louisiana.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1444 on: June 18, 2011, 11:03:48 PM »

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

pharlap
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1445 on: June 18, 2011, 11:05:39 PM »

OMG that is priceless, we got people over here howling and crying over this Smile
Monkey Devil!
You can say that again.

CA = Albatross     Oh no "the fog"           
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1446 on: June 18, 2011, 11:12:53 PM »

Go Mark Furham !!!!!   He just raised a valid & brilliant point

If the duct tape was put on after decomposition it would appear to be newer, shiner, maybe prints possible.  It means the duct tape was with the body in those woods for just shy of a half a year

Jennifer Barringer needs to STFU, go get some more botox or perfume...she is useless

Agreed! This is the stupid sh!t that gets on my nerves! If the duct tape was placed after decomp, on the skull to hold the mandible in place, it would still be stuck to it! Freaking boats use duct tape for emergencies, my gosh! The duct tape HAD to be placed on Caylee's face prior to decomposition bc it was still attached to her hair & the mandible was still intact. The fact that the tape fell is due to the bloating of her skin during decomp which would sort of stretch it, then the skin slippage along with insect infestation takes place, the acids & gases emitting from her cadavar assists in breaking down the "glue" that held the tape in place. Any other scenario, even given that a skull is porous, does not explain why no prints or stickiness was left on the tape. There most certainly wouldn't be skin still stuck to the sticky part of the tape bc the damn acids & gases from decomp break it down! These experts crack me up. They answer the way they want that most helps their version of the story, they have an agenda. They need to stick to facts & what they learn in college! WTF!
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1447 on: June 18, 2011, 11:13:48 PM »

Sooo funny!
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1448 on: June 18, 2011, 11:20:14 PM »

I have to wonder if Caylee's body hadn't been found sooner, that DNA would have been found on the duct tape.
I work in a lab, and when wearing gloves, it's very difficult to handle scotch tape or any kind of tape without getting it all tangled up with gloves and
ripping them.
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1449 on: June 18, 2011, 11:22:46 PM »

Oops, messed that up. I do believe that if Caylee was discovered sooner, heck even maybe the 1st time Kronk called 911, there could have been DNA present! That stupid cop should followed up thoroughly on that 1st call!
4myjoey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1450 on: June 18, 2011, 11:24:45 PM »

Jeff Ashton V. Jose Baez

Jose Baez does not respect the criminal justice system, nor does he understand the inherent dignity found in truth. He lies with impunity, and acts with juvenile abandon of manners.

Question: Why did Jeff Ashton tell Judge Perry that Baez was texting during court?

Answer: Because to Ashton, court is a place where the highest expectation of decor should be maintained. He does not want it turned into a video game for childish smirks, taunts and game playing.

Jeff Ashton is there for justice.

Question: Why did he feel the need to pummel the bug expert?

Answer: Because he sold his soul to Baez and sought to trample over Caylee Marie Anthony and Ashton would not let him get away with it.

More at;    http://seamusoriley.blogspot.com/2011/06/jeff-ashton-v-jose-baez.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1451 on: June 18, 2011, 11:54:37 PM »

I am less focused on the numbers co inky dink and trying to find out if Dr Rodriquez, an original founder of the Body farm,has an axe to grind and thats why he is testifying for FREE, as he and Bobo stated. All I can find is he is a co founder with Dr Bass. I want to know why he left and if it was on good terms
Could be possible he didn't leave on good terms. Maybe he was trying to "make a profit" and it didn't fly with Dr Bass. I don't know, what I do know is all of Mr Baez's witnesses have been sleazy so maybe Mr Rodriguez has some skeleton in his closet that likes to profit off of a murdered child case even if it is after the fact. Like becoming a talking head on TV or a paid media wh*re like Dr Spitz.

JMSO JSM 

Actually, the allowance of his testimony tells me that Casey won't get the dp. He is Chief Deputy ME for the Dept of Defense. I trust that the Prosecution can handle him, especially considering their whole team is impeccable in their questioning, so I fo believe Casey will be in prison for a long time.

He claims co-founder of body farm and his references include Dr Bass and Henry Lee.

Dr Bill Bass started the body farm in 1971 with one body.  Dr.  Bass was the state of Tenn forensic anthropologist at the time, the first for the state.   Dr.  Bass expanded it and began to build a larger facility in the 80's with some of his students.  Rodriguez was one of Dr. Bass's grad students .  So I guess Rodriguez did help build the facility as one of the students, but I am not sure that makes him a co-founder. 
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1452 on: June 19, 2011, 12:11:56 AM »

JMSO JSM 

Dr Bill Bass started the body farm in 1971 with one body.  Dr.  Bass was the state of Tenn forensic anthropologist at the time, the first for the state.   Dr.  Bass expanded it and began to build a larger facility in the 80's with some of his students.  Rodriguez was one of Dr. Bass's grad students .  So I guess Rodriguez did help build the facility as one of the students, but I am not sure that makes him a co-founder. 

Totally agree. That's why I posted the important part of the wiki article. There's a difference between Found & Start. He did help start but certainly not found. From my knowledge, Bass is the one that Founded the Anthropological Study (The Body Farm). I think it's very interesting that now there are more at other universities and doctors/scientists are finding out so much information related to death. This all started with 1 cadavar & Dr. Bass' knowledge. I guess it shows that I really look up to the man!

espresso lover
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1453 on: June 19, 2011, 12:13:22 AM »

Besides his info at the bottom, which is found all over the net, I found that he helped identify 184 out of 189 victims from the 9/11 attack on the Pentagon. Maybe he left UT to work for the government.

http://www.theabfa.org/diplomates.html

Office of the Armed Force Medical Examiner
1413 Research Boulevard, Bldg. 102
Rockville, MD 20850
E-mail: william.c.rodriguez1@us.army.mil
(301) 319-0000
  an angelic monkey Bless Dr Rodriguez for identifying victims of the 9/11 attack.

My question is though, why would the military let him become a (non paid) witness for the prosecution of a baby killer? If I were Mr Rodriguez I would run faster than a rabbit being chased by a whippet because that is what he will become when Mr Ashton gets to him.

I am very dumb about the military, but I just don't see them letting their experts become witnesses in a non military/war trial.

JMSO JSM

Could be that's why he's not getting paid.  Maybe taking vacation days for this.
Your right thou, why would he even get involved.

Since we don't know the real spin in private from the defense team to their exerts??

The thing that stands out to me with your thoughts are maybe because Baez was prior "military" ?????Just a thought

~Keep standing up for what is RIGHT...confronting what is WRONG and believing in the TRUTH!!~
flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1454 on: June 19, 2011, 12:14:15 AM »

Jeff Ashton V. Jose Baez

Jose Baez does not respect the criminal justice system, nor does he understand the inherent dignity found in truth. He lies with impunity, and acts with juvenile abandon of manners.

Question: Why did Jeff Ashton tell Judge Perry that Baez was texting during court?

Answer: Because to Ashton, court is a place where the highest expectation of decor should be maintained. He does not want it turned into a video game for childish smirks, taunts and game playing.

Jeff Ashton is there for justice.

Question: Why did he feel the need to pummel the bug expert?

Answer: Because he sold his soul to Baez and sought to trample over Caylee Marie Anthony and Ashton would not let him get away with it.

More at;    http://seamusoriley.blogspot.com/2011/06/jeff-ashton-v-jose-baez.html
Great article..thank you for posting the link

If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier..
flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1455 on: June 19, 2011, 12:17:32 AM »

JMSO JSM 

Totally agree. That's why I posted the important part of the wiki article. There's a difference between Found & Start. He did help start but certainly not found. From my knowledge, Bass is the one that Founded the Anthropological Study (The Body Farm). I think it's very interesting that now there are more at other universities and doctors/scientists are finding out so much information related to death. This all started with 1 cadavar & Dr. Bass' knowledge. I guess it shows that I really look up to the man!

So why is Dr Rodriquez giving me the feeling something isnt quite right??

If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier..
espresso lover
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1456 on: June 19, 2011, 12:18:04 AM »

KBelichWFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV
Dr. Werner Spitz complimented Jeff Ashton on his cross examination afterward.. Baez pushed me out of his way as I interviewed Spitz unhappy

http://twitter.com/#!/KBelichWFTV

Legally isn't a "push" an assault?

Wow just wow   Well, yea it could be considered as one

I had never known anything about Dr. Spitz until this case, that being said What I took from today was it seemed that Mason was feeding him answers and info while Ashton was asking him to explain things in detail. Now my question to you smarter monkeys in this matter , Is it possible that this Dr. Spitz did NOT know all the real details about this case since he stated whom his information came from?? The DT, The Anthony's etc ??? I am confused...

~Keep standing up for what is RIGHT...confronting what is WRONG and believing in the TRUTH!!~
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1457 on: June 19, 2011, 12:31:40 AM »

JMSO JSM 

Dr Bill Bass started the body farm in 1971 with one body.  Dr.  Bass was the state of Tenn forensic anthropologist at the time, the first for the state.   Dr.  Bass expanded it and began to build a larger facility in the 80's with some of his students.  Rodriguez was one of Dr. Bass's grad students .  So I guess Rodriguez did help build the facility as one of the students, but I am not sure that makes him a co-founder

That's my impression as well. 

Here's a couple other things I came across:

No mention of Rodriguez in this 2000 article...

http://articles.cnn.com/2000-10-31/health/body.farm_1_bodies-patricia-cornwell-popular-crime-novels?_s=PM:HEALTH

http://www.zentolos.com/?p=6430

Google translation:

One of the first students of Dr. Bass, who began using the facility as a place of experimentation, it was Bill Rodriguez .Bass offered the opportunity, as a student of anthropology, to apply their knowledge to a real case and took it as an assistant.As it happened once to Dr. Bass, Bill Rodriguez was captivated by the experience and joined his team as graduate student.His research would begin with the subject 1-81, studying the activity of insects in the decaying corpses.In the humid climate of Tennessee, the hornets are the first insects to arrive at a corpse lay hundreds of eggs in the body cavities (nose, mouth, eyes, wounds ...).Then came the wasps that prey on the larvae of blowflies and beetles appeared later.In the words of Bill Rodriguez: " This is like a food chain in action.It is not something that happens randomly, is an ordered sequence, it is something that can be interpreted and applied to forensic work . "

In 1982, Bill Rodriguez presents its first results at the Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Forensic Sciences , where oral dissertation was a resounding success, and his subsequent article " Insect Activity and Its Relationship to Decay Rates of Human Cadavers in East Tennessee " is one of the most cited in the history of the magazine where it was published.

Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1458 on: June 19, 2011, 12:33:25 AM »

Flamom, I feel the same way. Idk.

Only thing that goes through my head right now is people that become doctors in a medical sense do so to save lives. This is why alot of hospitals don't turn people away without insurance. This is why somebody could be admitted to a hospital after a horrific accident which disembodied them, yet they still have a heartbeat or a brain wave so the doctors keep working to save that person. Even if they think the person will die, as long as there is an inkling sign of life, the doctors work to repair & save the person. I have no idea why Rodriguez would testify for the Defense. IMO it's weird. Kinda like the govt going against another branch of the govt.
flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1459 on: June 19, 2011, 12:38:22 AM »

Thanks Titch.. I am going to bed, clear my head and enjoy my dad tomorrow.. Goodnight monkeys!
r.i.p. CC... end of an era 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.