May 02, 2024, 04:38:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musing Daily Open Discussion #2 8/17 - 8/24/2007  (Read 271488 times)
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #780 on: August 22, 2007, 06:33:10 PM »

Janet be on the lookout for this:

FBI Seeks Identity of Two Men Seen Aboard Washington State Ferries

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #781 on: August 22, 2007, 06:41:49 PM »

Janet be on the lookout for this:

FBI Seeks Identity of Two Men Seen Aboard Washington State Ferries

In the name of Homeland Security ... this Canadian visitor will be on alert.  Kermit ... you can count on it.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #782 on: August 22, 2007, 06:54:25 PM »

Klaas ... thank you very much.

The map provides me with the clear visual picture of the route.  I really wanted to know where I was going.   Smile

I am so excited!  My hubby ... so so.  However ... once we are one our way ... he will come around.

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #783 on: August 22, 2007, 06:54:44 PM »

Customs and Border Protection Crew Intercepts Smuggling Vessel Filled With Cocaine
Wednesday, August 22, 2007

A Florida-based Customs and Border Protection aircraft recently intercepted a semi-submerged smuggling vessel filled with five metric tons of cocaine.

The Air and Marine crew tracked the self-propelled vessel carrying $352 million worth of cocaine and coordinated a plan with the U.S. Navy and U.S. Coast Guard to intercept the vessel. Four suspected smugglers were taken into custody.

The Customs and Border Protection aircraft was patrolling in the eastern Pacific Ocean when the crew spotted the vessel Sunday during an ongoing western hemisphere tracking operation.

The aircraft sent instructions to a U.S. Navy ship to meet the vessel. Coast Guard members arrested the suspects and seized 11 cocaine bales.

CBP’s operation includes P-3 Orion long-range surveillance and patrol aircraft throughout the United States, Central and South America to purse threats

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,294159,00.html
« Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 06:57:26 PM by klaasend » Logged
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #784 on: August 22, 2007, 06:56:12 PM »

The map provides me with the clear visual picture of the route.  I really wanted to know where I was going.   Smile

I am so excited!  My hubby ... so so.  However ... once we are one our way ... he will come around.

Janet

Janet -

If you want more details and you have the exact address you are going to, just go to the mapquest site, click on Directions and plug in the addresses:

www.mapquest.com

Hope you have a great time!
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #785 on: August 22, 2007, 07:03:58 PM »

Janet

Janet -

If you want more details and you have the exact address you are going to, just go to the mapquest site, click on Directions and plug in the addresses:

www.mapquest.com

The details are not necessary.  I will leave all that up to my son's inlaws as I am sure we will be travelling together in their van.  As I am still unable to get in contact with them ... (I think they went into Bellingham for the day) ...  I just wanted some kind of idea where we were headed.

Thanks again.

Janet

4:00 PM

_____

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #786 on: August 22, 2007, 07:16:06 PM »

Janet

Janet -

www.mapquest.com

The details are not necessary.  I will leave all that up to my son's inlaws as I am sure we will be travelling together in their van.  As I am still unable to get in contact with them ... (I think they went into Bellingham for the day) ...  I just wanted some kind of idea where we were headed.

Thanks again.

Janet

4:00 PM

You should have perfect weather!!

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #787 on: August 22, 2007, 07:30:12 PM »

87 degrees!!!!  I guess it gets hotter as you drive inland.

Way too hot for my liking but ... there is air conditioning in the van and ... hopefully there will be air conditioning in the lodgings/ restaurants.

My neighbour said that Leavenworth is perfect in the Fall ... cooler temperatures and ... then there is the changing colors of the leaves which makes for spectacular scenery.

However ... I will take what comes.  The company and the drive will make for a perfect trip.  Also ... I am already anticipating an authentic German veal snitzel dinner.

Thanks again Klaas

Janet

_____

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #788 on: August 22, 2007, 07:43:23 PM »

Way too hot for my liking but ... there is air conditioning in the van and ... hopefully there will be air conditioning in the lodgings/ restaurants.

My neighbour said that Leavenworth is perfect in the Fall ... cooler temperatures and ... then there is the changing colors of the leaves which makes for spectacular scenery.

However ... I will take what comes.  The company and the drive will make for a perfect trip.  Also ... I am already anticipating an authentic German veal snitzel dinner.

Thanks again Klaas

Janet

OMG>>> be glad you aren't heading to the South... it's been over 100 where my family is... for something lilke three weeks!!!

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
JuJu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #789 on: August 22, 2007, 07:55:39 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWNoiVrJDsE

you HAVE TO WATCH THIS THE WHOLE WAY THROUGH - BRING KLEENEX

Thank you for bringing this Kermit.   So was woooonderful!   Very moving.  And yes,  I definitely needed the kleenex.

I was just astounded too. Had to share it with monkeys.

i am ready to throw my computer out the front door.....it will only download about 19 secs. of this video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regrets, I've had a few......
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #790 on: August 22, 2007, 08:01:35 PM »

Thanks again Klaas

Janet

OMG>>> be glad you aren't heading to the South... it's been over 100 where my family is... for something lilke three weeks!!!

ms. red ... I am thankful.  The drought that is occuring in the Southern inland States right now is downright scary.  I sincerely pray that the rains are forthcoming.

Janet

_____

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #791 on: August 22, 2007, 08:05:08 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWNoiVrJDsE

you HAVE TO WATCH THIS THE WHOLE WAY THROUGH - BRING KLEENEX

Thank you for bringing this Kermit.   So was woooonderful!   Very moving.  And yes,  I definitely needed the kleenex.

I was just astounded too. Had to share it with monkeys.

i am ready to throw my computer out the front door.....it will only download about 19 secs. of this video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Juju - I'm going to see if I can put the best part in photobucket so you and others might be able to see/hear it!  Give me a bit, it takes a while to load.
JuJu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #792 on: August 22, 2007, 08:09:10 PM »

THANK YOU KLAAS!!! I don't know what the deal is the forum is taking forever too.....

Regrets, I've had a few......
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #793 on: August 22, 2007, 08:10:28 PM »

To watch little Connie sing on you.tube is worth the effort.  I was sitting here with tears just running down my face.  Very moving. I know Klaas will try to do a photobucket thing for ya'll, but you know, seeing the thing start to finish is neat, so if you can do that even later it's worth it.  What a cutie!

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #794 on: August 22, 2007, 08:15:04 PM »

The Wizard of Oz was supposed to be Natalee Holloway's favorite movie, and I remember she had some things in her room from that.  Maybe a water globe.  "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" is a beautiful song, but little Connie sings it so sweetly.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #795 on: August 22, 2007, 08:19:58 PM »

If there is a silver lining, the high pressure system that has been sitting over the southeast for weeks and weeks kept Dean far to the south.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #796 on: August 22, 2007, 08:23:36 PM »

If there is a silver lining, the high pressure system that has been sitting over the southeast for weeks and weeks kept Dean far to the south.
Yes, that's a good thing!  It's terrible the flooding in the midwest though Sad
Dayhiker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #797 on: August 22, 2007, 08:25:05 PM »

THIS JUST IN:

Pigeon dung examined in bridge collapse

By MARTIGA LOHN, Associated Press Writer
2 hours, 3 minutes ago

ST. PAUL, Minn. - Pounded and strained by heavy traffic and weakened by missing bolts and cracking steel, the failed interstate bridge over the Mississippi River also faced a less obvious enemy: pigeons.

Inspectors began documenting the buildup of pigeon dung on the span near downtown Minneapolis two decades ago. Experts say the corrosive guano deposited all over the Interstate 35W span's framework helped the steel beams rust faster.

"ARUBA...THE CREAM OF THE CRAP IN THE CARIBBEAN."
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #798 on: August 22, 2007, 08:25:54 PM »

Juju - still trying.  Seem's like photobucket is running a bit slow right now too.
Dayhiker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #799 on: August 22, 2007, 08:27:48 PM »

I never thought I'd hear somebody gripe about 87 degrees being hot, LOL! I'd do backflips for 87!

"ARUBA...THE CREAM OF THE CRAP IN THE CARIBBEAN."
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.