May 02, 2024, 06:52:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #775 11/16/08 thru 11/19/08  (Read 262624 times)
Helen Back
Monkey Junky

« Reply #800 on: November 18, 2008, 08:07:00 PM »

I read Tylergal's post too late, and missed Greta with Shep....did anyone else catch it? 

She blasted Mos!

Basically, she was talking about what was posted today about trying to make arrangements to meet with him. She called his statement silly...essentially called him a liar She said they are either lazy, stupid, or trying to protect Aruba.

Her show Monday night will be about this. I think she said Monday...

Man, Greta came out swinging!  She said she almost jumped out of her chair when she read Mos' press release that they are "looking into every lead".  She told how she tried to present info and he declined each offer, come to DC, meet you in Miami, meet you on the weekend etc. 

She called Mos a liar.  Any prosecutor she knows who could be presented with info on a murder investigation would jump at the chance, but Mos is not interested.

Go Greta.

Port Valerie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #801 on: November 18, 2008, 08:07:06 PM »

I'm glad all the election fol-de-rol is over. (You will know it is real change when Janet Reno comes back.) Now Greta can get back to real work. BTW, Drew Peterson is seeking a divorce, per Chicago Tribune.
vms
Monkey Junky

« Reply #802 on: November 18, 2008, 08:07:49 PM »

Backed it up. Hope I got this word for word:

Greta said, "When the Aruban prosecutor says they are chasing down every lead, it is a big, fat, lie."

"A horse! a horse! My kingdom for a horse!"
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #803 on: November 18, 2008, 08:08:58 PM »

I miss Carpe!  

He said all the things I wanted to say; but couldn't or wouldn't because I was afraid my momma might find out.  Plus so many more things....great pics.....great video.....whatever it took; one of the best warriors for Natalee that I've ever had the priviledge of posting with!

Robots & Angie Too!

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #804 on: November 18, 2008, 08:12:30 PM »

Greta said, "When the Aruban prosecutor says they are chasing down every lead, it is a big, fat, lie."

Ain't that the truth!!!!!!!!

The only reason Mos would chase down a lead is to shut them up!  JMO

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #805 on: November 18, 2008, 08:13:23 PM »

I read Tylergal's post too late, and missed Greta with Shep....did anyone else catch it? 

She blasted Mos!

Basically, she was talking about what was posted today about trying to make arrangements to meet with him. She called his statement silly...essentially called him a liar She said they are either lazy, stupid, or trying to protect Aruba.

Thank you, vms.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #806 on: November 18, 2008, 08:14:33 PM »

New witness comes forward in 2005 disappearance of American teenager in ArubaBy MIKE MELIA | Associated Press Writer
7:29 PM EST, November 18, 2008
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico (AP) _ A new witness has come forward in the 2005 disappearance of American teenager Natalee Holloway in Aruba, and prosecutors said Tuesday they are seeking more evidence against the only remaining suspect.

A woman told Dutch police this month that Joran van der Sloot confessed to her years ago that he was involved in Holloway's disappearance, according to Ann Angela, a spokeswoman for the Aruba Prosecutors' Office.

But the Dutch Caribbean island's chief prosecutor said authorities still lack proof they need to convict Van der Sloot, who has been arrested twice and released for lack of evidence.

"After three years of investigating, it is very, very difficult to find that evidence," prosecutor Hans Mos told The Associated Press. "We have to be realistic."

Holloway, an 18-year-old from Mountain Brook, Alabama, was last seen in May 2005 leaving a bar in the Aruban capital Oranjestad with Van der Sloot on the final night of a high school graduation trip to the island. Extensive searches have found no trace of her.

Investigators reopened the case earlier this year based on hidden-camera recordings made by a Dutch TV crime show. On the video, Van der Sloot says Holloway collapsed on the beach after they left the bar and that he called a friend to dump her body at sea.

The new witness, once a friend of Van der Sloot, confirmed that he gave her roughly the same account shortly after Holloway's disappearance. But Mos said her statement does not bring authorities any closer to resolving the case.

He also said the witness would lack credibility in court unless she explains why she waited so long to come forward.

Attorneys for Van der Sloot did not immediately respond to messages seeking comment and there was no answer at his parents' home in Aruba.

Van der Sloot was last known to be living in Thailand but his current whereabouts are a "mystery," Angela said.

Angela said Aruban authorities hope to decide by the end of this year whether to prosecute Van der Sloot or close the case for good.

Natalee Holloway's mother, Beth Holloway, did not immediately return a telephone call Tuesday seeking comment.
http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/wire/sns-ap-cb-aruba-missing-teen,0,7119766.story

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #807 on: November 18, 2008, 08:15:46 PM »

Tuesday, November 18:
• Greta examines brand new developments in the Natalee Holloway investigation!

Time: 10:00 PM Eastern
Replay - 1:00 AM Eastern

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #808 on: November 18, 2008, 08:16:24 PM »

Them's fightin' words....

Thanks to Helen Back, too!!!

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
vms
Monkey Junky

« Reply #809 on: November 18, 2008, 08:16:28 PM »

She blasted Mos!

Thank you, vms.

YW. I hope someone uploads it. It was awesome. 

"A horse! a horse! My kingdom for a horse!"
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #810 on: November 18, 2008, 08:17:30 PM »

SS why are we looking at the tennis shoe reported by Jossey again???

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #811 on: November 18, 2008, 08:18:55 PM »

Next Monday per Greta, not sure which day!

I'll peek in tonight.

Renfro on Fox - SOL, new witness, etc.-

http://www.foxnews.com/video/index.html?playerId=videolandingpage&streamingFormat=FLASH&referralObject=3207371&referralPlaylistId=playlist

Helen Back
Monkey Junky

« Reply #812 on: November 18, 2008, 08:23:15 PM »

Them's fightin' words....

Thanks to Helen Back, too!!!

If Greta keeps talking like this, I'll watch her show again!

JustMeT
Scared Monkey

« Reply #813 on: November 18, 2008, 08:25:57 PM »

New witness comes forward in 2005 disappearance of American teenager in ArubaBy MIKE MELIA | Associated Press Writer
7:29 PM EST, November 18, 2008
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico (AP) _ A new witness has come forward in the 2005 disappearance of American teenager Natalee Holloway in Aruba, and prosecutors said Tuesday they are seeking more evidence against the only remaining suspect.

A woman told Dutch police this month that Joran van der Sloot confessed to her years ago that he was involved in Holloway's disappearance, according to Ann Angela, a spokeswoman for the Aruba Prosecutors' Office.

But the Dutch Caribbean island's chief prosecutor said authorities still lack proof they need to convict Van der Sloot, who has been arrested twice and released for lack of evidence.

"After three years of investigating, it is very, very difficult to find that evidence," prosecutor Hans Mos told The Associated Press. [bold]"We have to be realistic."[/bold]

Holloway, an 18-year-old from Mountain Brook, Alabama, was last seen in May 2005 leaving a bar in the Aruban capital Oranjestad with Van der Sloot on the final night of a high school graduation trip to the island. Extensive searches have found no trace of her.

Investigators reopened the case earlier this year based on hidden-camera recordings made by a Dutch TV crime show. On the video, Van der Sloot says Holloway collapsed on the beach after they left the bar and that he called a friend to dump her body at sea.

The new witness, once a friend of Van der Sloot, confirmed that he gave her roughly the same account shortly after Holloway's disappearance. But Mos said her statement does not bring authorities any closer to resolving the case.

He also said the witness would lack credibility in court unless she explains why she waited so long to come forward.

Attorneys for Van der Sloot did not immediately respond to messages seeking comment and there was no answer at his parents' home in Aruba.

Van der Sloot was last known to be living in Thailand but his current whereabouts are a "mystery," Angela said.

Angela said Aruban authorities hope to decide by the end of this year whether to prosecute Van der Sloot or close the case for good.

Natalee Holloway's mother, Beth Holloway, did not immediately return a telephone call Tuesday seeking comment.
http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/wire/sns-ap-cb-aruba-missing-teen,0,7119766.story
REALISTIC? They wouldnt know realistic if it hit em in the ass!! Good God!!

From Day One..
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #814 on: November 18, 2008, 08:28:38 PM »

Don't forget Jossy on Dana tonight.

On a related matter, I wonder if they have enough evidence to charge PVDS with ANYTHING.  That little snip about how he claimed to be sleeping until 7:00 a.m....  Does that mean he lied as a witness?  

The boat...whose, and who was involved?  Maybe another witness lied?

Maybe someone will be charged with something?  

AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #815 on: November 18, 2008, 08:29:34 PM »

Hopefully someone at BFN will be taping Greta.  I'll watch for it. 

Is it really next week she is going to discuss this?  If it is breaking news...  why not tonight?

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #816 on: November 18, 2008, 08:38:15 PM »

Mother of Natalee Holloway: New evidence could come out in Aruba case next week
November 18, 2008
The mother of Natalee Holloway said today that she expects more evidence to emerge soon in her daughter's case -- perhaps as early as next week -- but wouldn't divulge specifics.
The Associated Press reported this afternoon that a new witness has come forward in the 2005 disappearance of the Mountain Brook teenager in Aruba, and prosecutors said they are seeking more evidence against the only remaining suspect.

A woman told Dutch police this month that Joran van der Sloot confessed to her years ago that he was involved in Holloway's disappearance, according to Ann Angela, a spokeswoman for the Aruba Prosecutors' Office, The Associated Press reported.

Beth Holloway also said she's helping the parents of missing Homewood woman Nadia Kersh, and may even turn out tomorrow when police open the search to the public.

Holloway's own daughter disappeared in May 2005 while on a trip to Aruba with fellow graduates from Mountain Brook High School. A friend connected her with the family of Kersh, 23, who has been missing since Nov. 3. A $15,000 reward has been offered, and her parents are trying to raise more money to increase that to at least $25,000.

"I'm supporting them in any way I can," Holloway said.
http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2008/11/mother_of_natalee_holloway_sai.html
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 08:46:21 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #817 on: November 18, 2008, 08:42:00 PM »

Aren't there two more witnesses that have been tested in the US
recently? We don't know what their testimony is yet, but they
passed the test.
Then Greta's interview.
Mos is going to have to pull his head out of his turtle shell or be
the laughing stock of the legal profession.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #818 on: November 18, 2008, 08:42:00 PM »

Tune in at 9pm ET:

www.scaredmonkeysradio.com

Then tune into Greta at 10pm ET:

Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #819 on: November 18, 2008, 08:46:11 PM »

Greta IS on TONIGHT!

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.