May 20, 2024, 03:47:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #775 11/16/08 thru 11/19/08  (Read 263768 times)
vms
Monkey Junky

« Reply #400 on: November 17, 2008, 11:10:06 PM »

Does anyone know what a CapsLockWizard is?

I don't know why but that cracked me up, lol.
Do you know what a vms is? 

A very clever Monkey!
Ah, that was a nice answer but its really a dumba$$ who had no imagination when joining and is still stuck with the stupid nick three years later. Laughing

"A horse! a horse! My kingdom for a horse!"
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #401 on: November 17, 2008, 11:10:24 PM »

Mum, I have often wondered.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #402 on: November 17, 2008, 11:13:26 PM »

Stepfather spent many years in the newspaper trade...I remember it well...LOL
SS
Monkey Junky

« Reply #403 on: November 17, 2008, 11:14:56 PM »

I think this is all the family:

I think this is the wedding that John Silvetti attended in March.  I remember when I was married many years ago, my father's business associates were in attendance.

I must have missed a few things.  Where was it discussed that John Silvetti attended a Mansur wedding in March?  

Isn't it possible that he became friends with Jossy while working to find Natalee?  Isn't it possible that John is a friend?

It is possible and I wouldn't find it unusual if the sons were working with them on the boat. JMO.

VMS - I found some interviews where Jossy said that his sons were involved in the Holloway searches.  For certain this was in the 2005 searches.  Jossy announced in the Fall of 2007 that he and his sons were planning to search and dive again, but that never happened because Silvetti arrived.  I posted a link to some of the statements from CNN last night. I think they're at the end of the last thread or the beginning of this one.  I think this was what Kermit was saying about "Who are the divers" when posting the recent pictures.
Altruist
Monkey Junky

« Reply #404 on: November 17, 2008, 11:17:32 PM »

Altruist - groups of people could be holding the rights under holding company names.  I doubt very much if these purchases are recent.  They probably go back to the 1940s when Aruba started to develop and even when Valero blew into town.  I acquired mineral rights when I purchased properties for personal use and rental.  Then when I sold the properties, there was a claus placed in each deed which said that I maintained the mineral rights.  Almost every single original deed would have to be checked.  At this point, there aren't a lot of properties in the State of Oklahoma that still have original mineral rights attached with the sale of the surface land.  Most of the mineral rights have been grabbed up.

Just finished downloading, haven't read the report but this is what I got so far.  Yes the mineral rights would most likely have been awarded many years ago.  Part of Arulex mission is to manage unmanaged Inheritances & trusts as well, to function as
TRUSTEE OR EXECUTRIX & ACT AS PROXY, TO GIVE ADVICE WITH RESPECT TO THE INVESTING OF MONIES, TO CONDUCT THE ADMINISTRATION OF OTHER LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANIES, REGARDLESS OF THE OBJECTIVES OF THESE COMPANIES;

The mineral industries of the other islands in the Caribbean (Antigua and Barbuda, Aruba, The Bahamas, Bermuda, Dominica, Grenada, Guadeloupe and Martinique, Haiti, Montserrat, the Netherlands Antilles, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, and Saint Vincent and the Grenadines) are small. Mineral production is mostly limited to construction materials for domestic consumption, cement, and salt. Petroleum refinery products are produced in Aruba, Martinique, and the Netherlands Antilles. For additional coverage of the mineral industries of these islands, see the 2000 and 2001 Minerals Yearbook, Volume III, Area Reports: International, Latin America and Canada.
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #405 on: November 17, 2008, 11:20:27 PM »

Stepfather spent many years in the newspaper trade...I remember it well...LOL

You know that never dawned on me.  DUH!  Make sense because of
Diario.
The other night when Lala asked who we thought Shango was and I
said Django Simoons.  You could tell Caps thought about it for a minute.
Then he said...no, Django don't have the poetry in him.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
vms
Monkey Junky

« Reply #406 on: November 17, 2008, 11:20:39 PM »

I think this is the wedding that John Silvetti attended in March.  I remember when I was married many years ago, my father's business associates were in attendance.

I must have missed a few things.  Where was it discussed that John Silvetti attended a Mansur wedding in March?  

Isn't it possible that he became friends with Jossy while working to find Natalee?  Isn't it possible that John is a friend?

It is possible and I wouldn't find it unusual if the sons were working with them on the boat. JMO.

VMS - I found some interviews where Jossy said that his sons were involved in the Holloway searches.  For certain this was in the 2005 searches.  Jossy announced in the Fall of 2007 that he and his sons were planning to search and dive again, but that never happened because Silvetti arrived.  I posted a link to some of the statements from CNN last night. I think they're at the end of the last thread or the beginning of this one.  I think this was what Kermit was saying about "Who are the divers" when posting the recent pictures.

I remember Eduardo being involved very early in the case. Still need to go back and see if it was Luis getting on the other boat. I'll go look now.

"A horse! a horse! My kingdom for a horse!"
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #407 on: November 17, 2008, 11:21:03 PM »

Posted those earlier today...Will check as I thought they did search in September 2007
Altruist
Monkey Junky

« Reply #408 on: November 17, 2008, 11:22:33 PM »

Think they made it really clear they don't want us to, or at least not write it down on a publicly viewed message board.  LOL, I can live with that.
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #409 on: November 17, 2008, 11:27:13 PM »

Re: Ocean Search - Aruba - December 2007
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2007, 01:26:10 PM »Nut

About eight volunteer divers explored waters off Aruba’s east coast Sunday searching for Natalee Holloway. The divers were searching waters about one mile from a beach near the Holiday Inn where Holloway stayed.

(CBS/AP) Volunteer divers explored waters off Aruba’s east coast Sunday, hoping to find clues in the disappearance of missing U.S. teen Natalee Holloway.

At least eight divers volunteered to search waters about one mile from a beach near the Holiday Inn where Holloway stayed during a vacation to celebrate her high school graduation, said Eduardo Mansur, co-founder of the Aruba Search and Rescue Foundation.

Although the waters have been searched before, the group claims a radar machine invented by an American has detected human bones in the area. The inventor, Joe Walker, came to Aruba to help in the search but is currently off the island, Mansur said.

Extensive searches have produced no trace of Holloway.

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2005/08/28/divers-search-for-natalee-of-the-aruban-coast/

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2438.0

Re: Ocean Search - Aruba - December 2007
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2007, 11:49:43 AM » klaas

http://mike-connectingthedots.blogspot.com/2007/09/if-they-wont-do-it-then-we-will.html

Sunday, September 30, 2007
“If They Won’t Do It, Then We Will!”
DIARIO has made the decision to perform a water search for Natalee Holloway at their expense. At this time necessary equipment is still being gathered, but the search should commence within the next several days. I’ve been promised a day by day report detailing each event surrounding this latest endeavor.

Way to go Jossy! It has become abundantly clear no one else is willing to make this effort. We applaud your persistence!

Update: We have a pretty good recent lead to go on. Our searches start by mid week, around Wednesday or Thursday. There is a lot of preparatory work to be done before we send the boat out with the necessary divers and equipment. We as Arubans do not need any kind of permit for the activity we are to embark on. That makes it easier.

I will let you know as soon as we are ready to embark on the first search to a spot we have mapped on the ocean.

Update II: So far...

... a lot of disappointments. It seems that the reading taken over a year ago of a specific target are no longer valid. It was explained to me that the pinpointed target has moved due to underwater currents, sand shifts, recent and past bad oceanic conditions created by the passing hurricanes to the north of the island, close to where the target was located, etc.) and has not been relocated yet in its new (and disintegrated) presence. However, I have asked them to try to pinpoint at least a part (the largest possible) of the target and to go for it, but they said it would take time and it makes the search more indefinite as far as location is concerned. The search, therefore, will take time before it can proceed. I will keep you posted on everything, good and bad, related to the search, and when it can be finally done with whatever percentages of success may exist.

This seems to have been the characteristics of this case: one disappointment after another! How can so many factors combine to make a simple case so difficult to solve? Beats me!

They said they couldn't??
GrannyToad
Scared Monkey

« Reply #410 on: November 17, 2008, 11:29:32 PM »

Toads don't know a whole lot of things like those green froggies sometimes do. I'm thinking that normally drilling / mineral rights extend out about three miles offshore except for Texas which is part of a funny kinda story I think I recall from back when Texas was a Republic on it's own. Well no I wasn't here already then, I meant something I read, was that Texas has rights from back then to TEN miles out offshore.
GrannyToad
Scared Monkey

« Reply #411 on: November 17, 2008, 11:32:29 PM »

So the next part of drilling NEAR offshore limits has to do with leases from whatever state/nation the territory's offshore FROM, probably.

After that I don't know nuthing can't even guess, out in international waters.

Do I get a donut? Or a nice cobalt blue dragonfly or something tasty?
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #412 on: November 17, 2008, 11:34:36 PM »

So the next part of drilling NEAR offshore limits has to do with leases from whatever state/nation the territory's offshore FROM, probably.

Toads eat donuts????  I made a chocolate cake with white icing today, you can have that with a glass of milk.

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #413 on: November 17, 2008, 11:35:56 PM »

Well, it's been what 2 years since the Persistance went to Aruba, if they were going to do offshore drilling, wouldn't they have started it by now, the time is right.

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #414 on: November 17, 2008, 11:37:15 PM »

Well, it's been what 2 years since the Persistance went to Aruba, if they were going to do offshore drilling, wouldn't they have started it by now, the time is right.
No, less than 1 year.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #415 on: November 17, 2008, 11:37:32 PM »

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #416 on: November 17, 2008, 11:37:47 PM »

It was last December, 2007, A-1.......I don't know anything about setting up for oil drilling, though.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #417 on: November 17, 2008, 11:38:09 PM »

No, less than 1 year.
Oh,,,,,,,,,,it seems like forever.

SS
Monkey Junky

« Reply #418 on: November 17, 2008, 11:39:50 PM »

According to this CNN transcript, Jossy has two sons that dive.

snipped.....

MANSUR: I got it from the people that are organizing the next dive. I got it also from Art Wood, who is with another search team down here voluntarily with some kind of specialized equipment that he has that can detect bones or things similar to that of human beings at any distance.

So he did make his tests over that. He did find some item of interest. And they went Sunday. They did the first dive. I know because my son is involved in it. Both my sons are involved in it. Then they came back, they studied the area, they plotted the area again, now much larger. And they`re going back this week sometime, either Thursday or Friday, to do the real diving, to search for whatever this man found on this machine.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0508/23/ng.01.html

Is Eduardo Mansur Jossy's son?  If so he is the co-founder of the dive team Aruba Search and Rescue.

An Aruba group is seeking divers to continue the search for Natalee Holloway, the Alabama teenager who went missing nearly three months ago on the Dutch Caribbean island.

The group wants to lead the divers in exploring waters off Aruba’s east coast, where Holloway was staying with 124 Mountain Brook High School classmates, said Eduardo Mansur, co-founder of the Aruba Search and Rescue Foundation, which has been helping search for the teenager since she vanished May 30.

Although the waters have been searched before, the group wants to try again with the help of a machine invented by an American who claims it can detect human bones and teeth under water, Mansur said. The inventor, Joe Walker, came to Aruba to help in the search, Mansur said.

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2005/08/24/aruba-group-seeking-divers-to-search-for-missing-us-teen/
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #419 on: November 17, 2008, 11:40:13 PM »

Persistence was in Aruba December 2007 through February 2008

http://nholloway.blogspot.com/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.