May 13, 2024, 07:38:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Robert Manwill 8, missing 7/24/09 Boise, Idaho (BODY FOUND)  (Read 417923 times)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1280 on: August 07, 2009, 10:39:50 AM »

sunshine, if you have been following the thread...what you have laid out, is the same theory I have had basically. I believe mom believed what the boyfriend told her at first and came to realize later that he was full of it. That he (the BF) called his brother in a panic, who had already been using the "borrowed" truck and his brother helped him dispose of Robert.
Yes, I believe several of us are thinking along the same lines. And daddy is enabling I feel.
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #1281 on: August 07, 2009, 10:46:06 AM »

sunshine, if you have been following the thread...what you have laid out, is the same theory I have had basically. I believe mom believed what the boyfriend told her at first and came to realize later that he was full of it. That he (the BF) called his brother in a panic, who had already been using the "borrowed" truck and his brother helped him dispose of Robert.

my thoughts too.

also, hadn't Robert only been with his mother for a very short time? how would he have already been invited to a birthday party when he wouldn't have known anyone? and Robert did not seem like the type of child who would get mad about not being allowed to go to the party and leave the house on his own because he was mad...and the bf would not have let him be so defiant to him imo....he would have "taught him a lesson" if Robert had smarted off to him...jmo...

Police initially believed the boy may have gone to an unknown friend's house for a party, but that has since been ruled out as a possibility.
http://www.2news.tv/news/local/51696977.html

cookie, to me that says the "party story" was a bunch of BS given to the police by the boyfriend and after they checked the story out, they found out there was NO party. The "party story" was also fed to the mom, who since she at work, also believed it at first.

I know Robert was there for the summer, when he got to moms or how long he had been there, I don't know.

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1282 on: August 07, 2009, 10:46:54 AM »

Intersting comment from Idaho Statesman....

Concernedmother85 wrote on August, 7 8:13 AM:
From an insider, let me tell you this. The little girl who said she was playing with Robert around 7:30 is the same little girl who said confirmed Ehlichs story of the non-existent birthday party. No adult or reliable witness saw Robert that evening. This witness is still a baby. Other children her age had stories of seeing Robert here and there, but the older children did not. Children tell stories, in this instance lots of children said they saw Robert then later admitted they didn't. The spot where Robert was SUPPOSEDLY last seen is a VERY popular spot for childre, yet no one else saw him????? Melissa's whereabouts are being accounted for by this little girl who went along with Daniels first story. All the girls parents can confirm is that the family went swimming at 7:30 and they did not see Robert. An experienced and shrewd detective would poke holes in this. This little girl;s story is NOT RELIABLE!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.idahostatesman.com/robertmanwill/story/857955.html?pageNum=7&&&&&&mi_pluck_action=page_nav#Comments_Container

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #1283 on: August 07, 2009, 10:49:18 AM »

Yes, I believe several of us are thinking along the same lines. And daddy is enabling I feel.

Daddy = grandpop
Yup. He "believes" he saw Robert when he dropped off money, giving credibility to Danny. He also made sure he bad talked to the media about mom's parenting skills, making her look like the bad guy, diverting the attention from his son. He also was David's alibi for Friday as David claimed to be with his father all day. (re:what has been reported in the media)

Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1284 on: August 07, 2009, 10:51:13 AM »

Robert Grant Manwill

A memorial service for Robert Manwill, the 8-year-old boy who went missing July 24 and whose body was found Monday in a canal near Kuna, will begin at 2 p.m. Sunday at Cloverdale Funeral Home, 1200 N. Cloverdale Road, between Fairview Avenue and Franklin Road. The public is invited. Robert completed second grade at the 450-student New Plymouth Elementary School and would have been in third grade this fall. Robert spent most of the past year and a half of his life with his dad, Charles Manwill, in New Plymouth, and occasionally visiting his mom, Melissa Jenkins, in Boise. "By the end of second grade, he was a very strong student ... He just made great progress. It was fun to watch him gain skills so quickly," said New Plymouth Principal Carrie Agus. Every day at school, Robert hugged his teachers. He freely embraced his best buddies, including some who felt they were getting too grown up for such unsolicited displays of affection. "He was a sweet, sweet boy, always wanting hugs, and hugging other kids," said Christy Morales, who was Robert's second-grade teacher. He's remembered as a tiny kid, who liked superhero T-shirts and wore too-big brown loafers. He is described as funny, often making silly comments or telling funny stories. Tammy Schlett, a teaching assistant at New Plymouth, tutored Robert and other kids in his class in math every day. "He'd lean his head on you, and say, 'I love you, '" Schlett said. Robert gave her a hug on the way out of the lunchroom every day.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/idahostatesman/obituary.aspx?n=robert-grant-manwill&pid=131021531

Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1285 on: August 07, 2009, 11:07:05 AM »

Robert Manwill was murdered

Story Updated: Aug 5, 2009 at 6:18 PM MDT
By Paul Fredericks

Police say it was no accident. And there remains no evidence that indicates Robert Manwill was abducted by a stranger.

The 8-year-old was last seen outside the apartment where his mother lives in Boise on the night of July 24. His body was pulled from the New York Canal - about 14 miles away - on Monday, August 3.

The Ada County Coroner on Wednesday said forensic dental information helped to positively identify the body found in the canal as Robert Manwill.

Speaking at a press briefing on Wednesday evening, Boise Police Chief Deputy Jim Kerns said "Justice will not be denied for Robert." Kerns said the justice system demands investigations like this one be thorough and methodical. He says the police cannot compromise legal procedures with the premature release of details.

Daniel Ehrlick, Jr. is the brother of Robert's Mother, Melissa Jenkins. His father, Daniel Ehrlick, Sr., told CBS 2 that his granddaughter told him that his son is being treated at Intermountain Hospital, a psychiatric care facility in Boise.Police have not named any suspects, and no one is in custody.

http://www.2news.tv/news/local/52555322.html

Is it just me..or do some of these articles confuse the family members?  Isn't Daniel the brother of the BF..not Melissa's brother?

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1286 on: August 07, 2009, 11:07:08 AM »

Pinky..I thought that I had read that Robert had just arrived at his mother's home only a few days before he went missing...I remember thinking at the time, boy, it didn't take them long to do something to Robert..I didn't buy the story of the birthday party or him leaving on his own at 9-9:30 at night from the very beginning...jmo...

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1287 on: August 07, 2009, 11:07:57 AM »

Gypsy! I was confused as well when I read that article! glad it wasn't just me!

pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #1288 on: August 07, 2009, 11:09:48 AM »

By Paul Fredericks

Police say it was no accident. And there remains no evidence that indicates Robert Manwill was abducted by a stranger.

The 8-year-old was last seen outside the apartment where his mother lives in Boise on the night of July 24. His body was pulled from the New York Canal - about 14 miles away - on Monday, August 3.

The Ada County Coroner on Wednesday said forensic dental information helped to positively identify the body found in the canal as Robert Manwill.

Speaking at a press briefing on Wednesday evening, Boise Police Chief Deputy Jim Kerns said "Justice will not be denied for Robert." Kerns said the justice system demands investigations like this one be thorough and methodical. He says the police cannot compromise legal procedures with the premature release of details.

Daniel Ehrlick, Jr. is the brother of Robert's Mother, Melissa Jenkins. His father, Daniel Ehrlick, Sr., told CBS 2 that his granddaughter told him that his son is being treated at Intermountain Hospital, a psychiatric care facility in Boise.Police have not named any suspects, and no one is in custody.

Is it just me..or do some of these articles confuse the family members?  Isn't Daniel the brother of the BF..not Melissa's brother?

It's sloppy writing or reporting, Gypsy.
It's very confusing.
Daniel is her boyfriend, not her brother.
David is Daniel's brother.
Daniel Sr. is the dad of both of them.

Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1289 on: August 07, 2009, 11:11:06 AM »

By Paul Fredericks

Yea they messed that one up....Daniel Jr. is Melissa's boyfriend, not brother.  David is the brother of Daniel Jr.

pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #1290 on: August 07, 2009, 11:16:14 AM »

Pinky..I thought that I had read that Robert had just arrived at his mother's home only a few days before he went missing...I remember thinking at the time, boy, it didn't take them long to do something to Robert..I didn't buy the story of the birthday party or him leaving on his own at 9-9:30 at night from the very beginning...jmo...

I didn't buy the birthday party story either. Adults have birthday party's at 9:00 on Friday night, not children.

I didn't read that about he had only been there a few days. I have read two different versions, that he was there on a weekend visitation and the she had visitation for the summer. It could be she had him for two weeks during the summer, a lot of custody orders are like that. I don't know. Smile

sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1291 on: August 07, 2009, 11:22:52 AM »

yes, i have been following the thread, sorry if i restated any of your ideas i just wanted to put my personal opinion as to what happened out there
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1292 on: August 07, 2009, 11:29:23 AM »

Someone killed 8-year-old Robert Manwill
BY KATHLEEN KRELLER AND KATY MOELLER - kkreller@idahostatesman.com kmoeller@idahostatesman.com

As Boise Deputy Police Chief Jim Kerns promised Wednesday to "determine how and when Robert Manwill died, and who is responsible," his comments narrowed the field of suspects to people who knew Robert.

Police still won't name any suspects or even people of interest. Kerns said police would not prematurely release anything that could "compromise the legal procedures" and the integrity of their case.

A neighbor said she heard Melissa Jenkins tell police she was working the night 8-year-old Robert disappeared. Another neighbor said she saw Daniel Ehrlick Jr. about 7:45 that night outside his home. He often stayed home to care for Robert and the couple's 18-month-old son, Aidan.

State Health and Welfare officials had taken the younger boy away from Jenkins and Ehrlick Jr. last October, after Jenkins was charged with fracturing the child's skull.

Jenkins later was convicted of misdemeanor injury to a child and is on probation until March 2011.

A neighbor and friend, Carol Carrillo, said Aidan had been back in their custody for about two months. She said the couple worked hard to meet Health and Welfare standards to get him back.[/color]
Robert lived primarily with his father, Charles, in New Plymouth - an arrangement crafted after Jenkins was laid up in the hospital for a few weeks before Aidan was born and she had no one to take care of Robert.

An affidavit that Charles Manwill filed at the time to get temporary custody of Robert states that Jenkins told him she "was being physically abused by her ex-boyfriend (the apparent father of the unborn child)."

He added that the hospital "has kept the admission of mother Melissa, and her room number, secret because mother Melissa is concerned that the ex-boyfriend may storm into the hospital and mother Melissa's room and cause extreme trouble."

Ehrlick Jr. also has been barred from being around Jenkins' daughter, not from anything he did, but because the father, Raymond Ames, said he didn't like him or want him around the toddler. The girl lived with Melissa Jenkins until Ames got custody last year.

Family and neighbors say Ehrlick Jr. has given at least two separate explanations about the night Robert disappeared.

Ehrlick Jr.'s father said his son accused him of taking Robert, but he denied it. A resident in the building who did not want to be identified said Ehrlick Jr. told her that Robert was in the hot tub and pool the night he went missing and that a heavy-set couple invited the child to a birthday party. Other neighbors say Robert was never near the pool that night.

Neighbors said neither Jenkins nor Ehrlick Jr. have been at the apartment since Wednesday. One neighbor and KBCI-TV said Ehrlick Jr. has been in a treatment center since being treated at Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center in Boise for an undisclosed reason.

Dorothy Aydelotte, Robert's aunt and sister of his father, said Charles Manwill is doing his best to deal with Robert's death.

"He's better than he was a couple days ago, but not good," Aydelotte said. "He's upset, understandably. Robert was very close with his dad."

On Wednesday, Carrillo, Jenkins' upstairs neighbor, said she trusted Jenkins and Ehrlick with her four kids and doesn't believe either of them could be involved.

"There's a little boy who's dead," she said. "There can be no common sense to that. Who could do that? It's hard for me to see that someone that I interacted with on a daily basis could do something like that. ... I'm not in the grieving stage, I'm in the shock stage."

Mindy Clark, who lives in the apartment complex, visited the makeshift memorial to Robert that has been growing for days.

"I feel kind of devastated ... . I've seen him playing," Clark said. "(Today's news is) just kind of hard to swallow. It's just hard ... . Who would hurt a child and just throw him away?"
http://www.bradenton.com/news/breaking_news/story/1621456.html

And according to this article..Aiden is living with Melissa and BF now....BF is Aiden's father.  Maybe BF abused Melissa because Melissa abused Aiden?   Or maybe they are both drug addicts..she looks like a tweaker to me....and neither one has any control over their emotions..particularily anger?

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1293 on: August 07, 2009, 11:31:42 AM »

Thanks for the updates.  He reminds me of my son, age 7.  So sad.  By the grace of God, I pray I never have to walk in their shoes.  RIP Robert & bless the family & community.

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1294 on: August 07, 2009, 11:46:57 AM »

From an insider, let me tell you this. The little girl who said she was playing with Robert around 7:30 is the same little girl who said confirmed Ehlichs story of the non-existent birthday party. No adult or reliable witness saw Robert that evening. This witness is still a baby. Other children her age had stories of seeing Robert here and there, but the older children did not. Children tell stories, in this instance lots of children said they saw Robert then later admitted they didn't. The spot where Robert was SUPPOSEDLY last seen is a VERY popular spot for childre, yet no one else saw him????? Melissa's whereabouts are being accounted for by this little girl who went along with Daniels first story. All the girls parents can confirm is that the family went swimming at 7:30 and they did not see Robert. An experienced and shrewd detective would poke holes in this. This little girl;s story is NOT RELIABLE!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.idahostatesman.com/robertmanwill/story/857955.html?pageNum=7&&&&&&mi_pluck_action=page_nav#Comments_Container

interesting find leroy...i can see why this little girls story might not be reliable, and it was the media that published her eyewitness account, not the police, so who knows whether or not it's true, i think if robert wasn't out on the playground at 7 30 pm, then this just gave the bf more time to cover up his crime if he killed robert earlier than 7 30pm... either way, i think the murder and coverup began the day he was reported missing.  i wonder what time mom left for work that day or where she worked.

another theory or idea to put out there that i'm sure has prob been discussed before...

IF the eyewitness accounts are unreliable, and no one saw robert on the day he was reported missing, it's possible that maybe the mother killed robert in a fit of rage that day or a day before and had the bf help her hide what she did, then she went to work as usual and they planned to call and report him missing when she got home from work.

pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #1295 on: August 07, 2009, 11:48:58 AM »

Stephanie Whittington, who lives in the complex, said officers had been coming downstairs carrying paper bags.

"I don't know what was in them," she said.

yes, i have been following the thread, sorry if i restated any of your ideas i just wanted to put my personal opinion as to what happened out there

No, don't be sorry! They are not my ideas. Many of us share the same theory is all I was trying to express to you, hon. Smile

You simply expressed what many of us have been thinking. I appreciate your input. It reaffirms what we all have been thinking may not be so crazy.

With mom showing up at the press conferences since Robert was found and at the vigils, etc. and the boyfriend being the absent one, makes sense with our theory, don't you think?

pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #1296 on: August 07, 2009, 11:53:01 AM »

Someone killed 8-year-old Robert Manwill
BY KATHLEEN KRELLER AND KATY MOELLER - kkreller@idahostatesman.com kmoeller@idahostatesman.com

As Boise Deputy Police Chief Jim Kerns promised Wednesday to "determine how and when Robert Manwill died, and who is responsible," his comments narrowed the field of suspects to people who knew Robert.

Police still won't name any suspects or even people of interest. Kerns said police would not prematurely release anything that could "compromise the legal procedures" and the integrity of their case.

A neighbor said she heard Melissa Jenkins tell police she was working the night 8-year-old Robert disappeared. Another neighbor said she saw Daniel Ehrlick Jr. about 7:45 that night outside his home. He often stayed home to care for Robert and the couple's 18-month-old son, Aidan.

State Health and Welfare officials had taken the younger boy away from Jenkins and Ehrlick Jr. last October, after Jenkins was charged with fracturing the child's skull.

Jenkins later was convicted of misdemeanor injury to a child and is on probation until March 2011.

A neighbor and friend, Carol Carrillo, said Aidan had been back in their custody for about two months. She said the couple worked hard to meet Health and Welfare standards to get him back.[/color]
Robert lived primarily with his father, Charles, in New Plymouth - an arrangement crafted after Jenkins was laid up in the hospital for a few weeks before Aidan was born and she had no one to take care of Robert.

An affidavit that Charles Manwill filed at the time to get temporary custody of Robert states that Jenkins told him she "was being physically abused by her ex-boyfriend (the apparent father of the unborn child)."

He added that the hospital "has kept the admission of mother Melissa, and her room number, secret because mother Melissa is concerned that the ex-boyfriend may storm into the hospital and mother Melissa's room and cause extreme trouble."

Ehrlick Jr. also has been barred from being around Jenkins' daughter, not from anything he did, but because the father, Raymond Ames, said he didn't like him or want him around the toddler. The girl lived with Melissa Jenkins until Ames got custody last year.

Family and neighbors say Ehrlick Jr. has given at least two separate explanations about the night Robert disappeared.

Ehrlick Jr.'s father said his son accused him of taking Robert, but he denied it. A resident in the building who did not want to be identified said Ehrlick Jr. told her that Robert was in the hot tub and pool the night he went missing and that a heavy-set couple invited the child to a birthday party. Other neighbors say Robert was never near the pool that night.

Neighbors said neither Jenkins nor Ehrlick Jr. have been at the apartment since Wednesday. One neighbor and KBCI-TV said Ehrlick Jr. has been in a treatment center since being treated at Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center in Boise for an undisclosed reason.

Dorothy Aydelotte, Robert's aunt and sister of his father, said Charles Manwill is doing his best to deal with Robert's death.

"He's better than he was a couple days ago, but not good," Aydelotte said. "He's upset, understandably. Robert was very close with his dad."

On Wednesday, Carrillo, Jenkins' upstairs neighbor, said she trusted Jenkins and Ehrlick with her four kids and doesn't believe either of them could be involved.

"There's a little boy who's dead," she said. "There can be no common sense to that. Who could do that? It's hard for me to see that someone that I interacted with on a daily basis could do something like that. ... I'm not in the grieving stage, I'm in the shock stage."

Mindy Clark, who lives in the apartment complex, visited the makeshift memorial to Robert that has been growing for days.

"I feel kind of devastated ... . I've seen him playing," Clark said. "(Today's news is) just kind of hard to swallow. It's just hard ... . Who would hurt a child and just throw him away?"
http://www.bradenton.com/news/breaking_news/story/1621456.html

And according to this article..Aiden is living with Melissa and BF now....BF is Aiden's father.  Maybe BF abused Melissa because Melissa abused Aiden?   Or maybe they are both drug addicts..she looks like a tweaker to me....and neither one has any control over their emotions..particularily anger?

What if mom never abused Aiden and simply took the wrap for it because she was/is afraid of the boyfriend? There was a reason the BF wasn't allowed her daughter via court order.

Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1297 on: August 07, 2009, 11:56:11 AM »

interesting find leroy...i can see why this little girls story might not be reliable, and it was the media that published her eyewitness account, not the police, so who knows whether or not it's true, i think if robert wasn't out on the playground at 7 30 pm, then this just gave the bf more time to cover up his crime if he killed robert earlier than 7 30pm... either way, i think the murder and coverup began the day he was reported missing.  i wonder what time mom left for work that day or where she worked.

another theory or idea to put out there that i'm sure has prob been discussed before...

IF the eyewitness accounts are unreliable, and no one saw robert on the day he was reported missing, it's possible that maybe the mother killed robert in a fit of rage that day or a day before and had the bf help her hide what she did, then she went to work as usual and they planned to call and report him missing when she got home from work.

I really wish we had this info too! 

pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #1298 on: August 07, 2009, 11:58:09 AM »

Leroy, thanks for posting the comment regarding the little girl.

It makes you wonder huh?

I wish there was an ADULT who saw Robert that day, on Friday. An ADULT other than mom, BF or "grandpop" that believes he saw someone that looked like Robert in a white shirt.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1299 on: August 07, 2009, 12:49:29 PM »

That is very possible also sunshine, and also, of course little kids stories could be made up, not necessarily on purpose of course, but maybe the child is saying what she thinks adults want her to.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.