May 21, 2024, 05:28:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #625 5/20-5/22/2007  (Read 162646 times)
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #800 on: May 22, 2007, 12:10:56 AM »

Nite Tiger

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
casa
Monkey Junky

« Reply #801 on: May 22, 2007, 12:11:32 AM »

Quote from: "Sam"
Casa, Lala's and all it is true you never stop worrying about your kids and then your grandkids.

As alot of you know, I live in a very small town in Illinois. We have a very good volunteer Fire Department and Rescue department. Thank God we have never had to use the Fire Department but have used the Rescue department twice. Both at night. I think those volunteers sleep with there clothes on they are so fast.

Last night our Friends lost there 2 year old granchild. Aspirated a balloon or piece of. The childs father as well as Grandfather are both on our rescue department as well as being 2 of 3 EMT s. Still were unable to save the child. Heartbreaking.

Sam, that is awful!  My heart goes out to them!
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #802 on: May 22, 2007, 12:11:57 AM »

JOHN EDWARDS is Done.......stick a FORK in him

hypocrite ...big time...........sorry but i just had to mention it

unbelieveable

Man is kind enough when he is not excited by religion.
- A Horse's Tale
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #803 on: May 22, 2007, 12:12:13 AM »

Quote from: "Artcolley"
Casa, Lala's and all it is true you never stop worrying about your kids and then your grandkids.

As alot of you know, I live in a very small town in Illinois. We have a very good volunteer Fire Department and Rescue department. Thank God we have never had to use the Fire Department but have used the Rescue department twice. Both at night. I think those volunteers sleep with there clothes on they are so fast.

Last night our Friends lost there 2 year old granchild. Aspirated a balloon or piece of. The childs father as well as Grandfather are both on our rescue department as well as being 2 of 3 EMT s. Still were unable to save the child. Heartbreaking.

THat is so very sad, Sam.  Such a tragedy.  Crying or Very sad

Yes it is. Breaks my heart. I can only imagine how they feel. Two older siblings, 4 and 6 which is probably how the child got ahold of the balloon.
My hubby said it could have happened to us. And I said No not at that age because I always knew the danger. But other things can be just as dangerous. Like hot dogs. So many things plus older children can aspirate on balloons as well.

I am so greatful to God that he allowed us to raise 2 healthy children.

I can remember my kids thinking I was an ogre because I wouldn't allow them to have certain things. They couldn't understand why I made them sit to have a lollypop or why I wouldn't allow them to have round hard candies. So many kids have choked by falling while having a lollipop in their mouths or running and inhaling a round hard candy.
Better to have a PO'd kid than one that chokes.
Oh well...Now my daughter is the same way with her kids, lol!
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #804 on: May 22, 2007, 12:12:25 AM »

Quote from: "Tylergal"
Quote from: "bleachedblack"

Memory is of course often effected, as such leads many people post stroke  to at times understand what is being said to them, but they are not able to speak having varrying degrees of expressive aphasia. Memory impairment
definately can play apart. I have seen some people with mild memory impairment , profound loss of gross motor movement  retain their  primary language and it always reminds me what miracle the human brain is.

I saw one of those brief little things they do on the news recently and they said that those who have suffered a stroke who are smokers no longer have the urge to smoke. They said it may eventually lead to a real breakthrough in a way to keep us smokers from wanting a cigarette. That would be a good thing.

You mean a fellow would be better off with a stroke than a cigarette. Shocked

No, I never meant that at all. For people like me who have never been able to quit it would be nice if they could come up with a drug based on these findings that really worked but did not kill me or give me a stroke. LOL

Just a swinging with the tribe
crazymom
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #805 on: May 22, 2007, 12:13:08 AM »

Monkeys...I must bid my farewell.  Thanks for the laughs and I send my prayers for those in need.  Goodnight all!
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #806 on: May 22, 2007, 12:13:32 AM »

Quote from: "Tibrogargan"
Quote from: "*******"
Looks like Jorans book is not even top 60 anymore in the NL. Hope he spends that book money fast cause his freedom is nearing a end. Cool

Wonder how large the pages are and if they would serve to line a bird cage. It should be out soon on the dollar booktable in some 2nd rate bookstore.

If they are not big enough for a birdcage I would have some other suggestions for their use  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad

Twisted Evil
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #807 on: May 22, 2007, 12:14:15 AM »

Sam that is so tragic.  Prayers for their family.  Balloons are so dangerous for little ones.  Niece's little daughter poked one up her nose and they had to anaesthetise her to get it out it had gone so far and close to her little brain.  Scary.

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #808 on: May 22, 2007, 12:15:27 AM »

OMG what a tragedy for that family. The poor parents will face the "what if's" for a very very long time.............so sad.

Sad   How Sad SAM... Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad   Prayers to the family.
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #809 on: May 22, 2007, 12:15:53 AM »

Quote from: "crazymom"
Monkeys...I must bid my farewell.  Thanks for the laughs and I send my prayers for those in need.  Goodnight all!

Nite, Crazymom!!!
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #810 on: May 22, 2007, 12:16:30 AM »

That was why I never let my small children play with balloons.  I knew that was a possibility.  I shudder when I see small kids playing with them or kids running with sharp objects in their hands or mouth.  Egads.  Life is too precious to risk it.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #811 on: May 22, 2007, 12:17:26 AM »

Memory is of course often effected, as such leads many people post stroke  to at times understand what is being said to them, but they are not able to speak having varrying degrees of expressive aphasia. Memory impairment
definately can play apart. I have seen some people with mild memory impairment , profound loss of gross motor movement  retain their  primary language and it always reminds me what miracle the human brain is.

I saw one of those brief little things they do on the news recently and they said that those who have suffered a stroke who are smokers no longer have the urge to smoke. They said it may eventually lead to a real breakthrough in a way to keep us smokers from wanting a cigarette. That would be a good thing.

No, I never meant that at all. For people like me who have never been able to quit it would be nice if they could come up with a drug based on these findings that really worked but did not kill me or give me a stroke. LOL

There is also the possibility of once locating the part of the brain responsible for such cravings ie smoking/drinking/eating/addictions  that  part of the brain can be manipulated so as the eliminate the impulse for such activites from eminating from that particular site.

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #812 on: May 22, 2007, 12:17:59 AM »

Sam, I believe there is such a drug out now. ONe of our monkeys is taking it...Altometro, I think.
It acts on the brain to stop the desire to smoke.
The only problem is that it does have some side effects. I've been reading up on it and plan on asking my doctor about it to see if its safe for me.
I can't recall the name of it right now.
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #813 on: May 22, 2007, 12:18:06 AM »

Quote from: "Tibrogargan"
Quote from: "crazybabyborg"
I fixed grits every morning for 20 years. Haven't fixed them once since the divorce.
 I miss the grits.  Laughing
Laughing  Laughing  Make yourself some grits and just forget all the other.

Has anyone other than my mother, myself made grits with butter and sugar to encourage little tikes to eat grits.

Sounds just like we used to have our porridge (oatmeal), plus milk.

It is quite tasty but then it goes better with cinnamon toast that way and when it has salt and butter, goes better with toast and eggs.

Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #814 on: May 22, 2007, 12:20:42 AM »

Art, when I was in surgical tech training, I was doing my rotation in eye.
We always knew our cases for the following day so we could learn our surgeon preferences cards. I saw my next day case was to be an eye extraction on a 4 year old.I went to my instructor and asked if I could be removed from this case because I was afraid I would not be able to handle it. She said NO that it was one of those things I would have to experience more than once during my carreer.

I survived it. The eye surgeon told me it was a child falling on a stick. She said she had more than once stopped and talked to Mothers about allowing children to run and play with sticks. Of course I certainly made sure neither of mine ever did that after I heard that.

Just a swinging with the tribe
casa
Monkey Junky

« Reply #815 on: May 22, 2007, 12:21:18 AM »

My middle daughter is living with her dad most of the time because of having to commute to college.  They are in a small town and she works at the hospital as an ER tech a couple of nights a week.  She has several friends who are EMTs, volunteer firemen, policemen.  She has often told me about their dedication.  I think in small towns when you have these people who are volunteers and do it because they love it not as money makers they are really good and johnny on the spot.  Not to take away from the ones who work in larger towns because I know they are dedicated also. It just seems if you do something purely out of love for what you do you seem to be extremely good at it.  Am I making sense?
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #816 on: May 22, 2007, 12:21:25 AM »

There is also the possibility of once locating the part of the brain responsible for such cravings ie smoking/drinking/eating/addictions  that  part of the brain can be manipulated so as the eliminate the impulse for such activites from eminating from that particular site.

Isn't that what Joe Kennedy did to his daughter that rendered her a vegetable, trying to manipulate her brain so she would not desire sex and alcohol and she ended up a vegetable, I think the reason Maria and her mother have always been so devoted to helping mentally +++++++ people, because they know what their father and grandfather had done to one of their loved ones.  Shudder again.

Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #817 on: May 22, 2007, 12:21:46 AM »

Sam, I believe there is such a drug out now. ONe of our monkeys is taking it...Altometro, I think.
It acts on the brain to stop the desire to smoke.
The only problem is that it does have some side effects. I've been reading up on it and plan on asking my doctor about it to see if its safe for me.
I can't recall the name of it right now.

Chantix.

Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #818 on: May 22, 2007, 12:23:13 AM »

Question:
How long does it take to lose the weight one has gained from steroids? I had a lot of them after each surgery to reduce any swelling. However, I cannot get this weight off that I gained. I jumped a LOT of poundage immediately and now it doesn't want to leave although I am exercising and watching my diet very carefully. I have never weighed this much in my entire life  Shocked
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #819 on: May 22, 2007, 12:24:02 AM »

Chantix.

Yes, that's it, Thanks!!!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.