May 20, 2024, 09:47:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Petit Family Murders in CT-2007 SOLVED-Death Sentence for both men.  (Read 265622 times)
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #720 on: July 03, 2012, 09:13:04 AM »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/petit-family-killer-steven-hayes-oyster-suicide-plan/story?id=16695542
Petit Family Killer's Elaborate Oyster Suicide Plan
July 2, 2012

Video at Link

I would buy the gallon of oysters and fill his nose and throat with them, with a pound of salt on top.  He should be allowed to breathe another breath of clean air.  JMO

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #721 on: July 03, 2012, 12:34:29 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/petit-family-killer-steven-hayes-oyster-suicide-plan/story?id=16695542
July 2, 2012

Video at Link

I would buy the gallon of oysters and fill his nose and throat with them, with a pound of salt on top.  He should be allowed to breathe another breath of clean air.  JMO
I was thinking it 'head in the toilet backflip' sounded like a great idea.  Then he could sit around with nothing to do but think about his crimes.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #722 on: July 03, 2012, 02:51:41 PM »

July 2, 2012

Video at Link

I was thinking it 'head in the toilet backflip' sounded like a great idea.  Then he could sit around with nothing to do but think about his crimes.
We're on the same page!

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #723 on: July 06, 2012, 12:25:39 AM »

http://www.myrecordjournal.com/cheshire/article_0f82ba1e-c475-11e1-8947-001a4bcf887a.html
Cheshire: Petit case lead detective is moving on
By Andrew Ragali
Posted: Monday, July 2, 2012 2:37 pm | Updated: 8:07 am, Tue Jul 3, 2012.

MERIDEN — In February 2007, Cheshire Police Detective Joseph Vitello investigated a double murder and suicide in Cheshire. At the time, he thought the case was the most horrific he’d ever witness in the quiet suburb.

Just five months later, he became the lead detective in the Petit home invasion case — one of the most highly publicized crimes in state history.

The Cheshire resident, now 54, is moving on from the Police Department after 27 years. His last day with the force was technically Saturday, even though he started his new job as an investigator for the State’s Attorney’s Office in Meriden on Friday.
 ::snipping2::
Vitello saw through the cases of both Steven Hayes and Joshua Komisarjevsky, who were convicted of the murders of Jennifer Hawke-Petit, 48, and her daughters, 17-year-old Hayley and 11-year-old Michaela, during a July 2007 home invasion. Dr. William Petit, Jr. was the lone survivor.

The mother was raped and strangled while the girls, tied to their beds, died when the house was set ablaze.

One of the hardest parts of being the lead investigator for the Petit case for Vitello was seeing families, on both sides, suffer.

“It’s stressful for what it did to the family, even the two suspects,” he said. “Their lives are ruined.”

Vitello knows William Petit on a personal level, and said Monday that “he seems to be doing OK.”

“He’s never going to be the same person he was,” he said. “He’ll never get over the loss. He seems to be getting better at moving forward, though. Hopefully he’ll have a good long life.”

“It breaks me up,” Vitello said, his vibrant face suddenly overcome with sadness. Seeing the Petit family devastated was “the hardest part of the case,” he said.
He questioned Komisarjevsky in a taped interview which was used in court. On Monday, Vitello said he previously knew Komisarjevsky when he was a juvenile. Vitello worked with youths early on in his police career.

“It was kind of weird,” Vitello said. “I had known him as a juvenile, but it was nothing personal.”

Vitello was partnered with a state police officer from the major crimes division, but it was easier for him to conduct the interview “because I was on the scene.”

“We wanted to get as much detail from him as we could if he was willing to talk, and he was,” Vitello said.
He was also called to the stand to testify in both the Hayes and Komisarjevsky trials, and was known to frequent the courtroom even when he wasn’t needed for trial purposes.

“There was a lot of stress,” Vitello said of leading the Petit case investigation. “You hope and pray everything you do isn’t used by the defense attorney against your case.”

With Hayes and Komisarjevsky on death row, Vitello said the two “absolutely deserve the death penalty.”

“I’m a Catholic and I respect life,” he said, “but this has to stop. There was no reason it had to happen. To do it in the manner they did, they absolutely deserve the death penalty.”

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #724 on: July 09, 2012, 08:00:48 AM »

I wish Det. Vitello all the best . . . I can only imagine what he went through in this case.  May his night dreams be filled with happiness and his day dream be filled with joy.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #725 on: July 09, 2012, 08:01:41 AM »

Oh, Muffy, thank you for all your updates and doing such a good job.  It is appreciated very much!

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #726 on: July 09, 2012, 11:29:25 AM »

Oh, Muffy, thank you for all your updates and doing such a good job.  It is appreciated very much!

You're welcome Sister.  I  can't begin to imagine how so many affected by these terrible crimes will heal.  This would include not only the family and friends of the Petit's, but the LE, jurors, judge, neighbors and more.  The list goes on.  And of course the list includes the innocent daughter of one of the murderers.  She will grow up and have to live with the  knowledge of the terrible things he did to another girl like her.     What about the people at the bank where Mrs. Petit went to get the money to satisfy the demands of the ttwo men?  The  bank teller that was one of the last to speak with and see Mrs. Petit alive? There are  many victims to this crime, some who lost their lives and some who will have a lifetime of terrible memories because of it. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #727 on: July 22, 2012, 10:58:43 PM »

http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/local/Road-Race-Benefiting-Petit-Family-Foundation-162514356.html
Road Race Benefiting Petit Family Foundation
People laced up their sneakers for 5th Annual GE's 5k Road Race.

July 15, 2012

If there’s strength in numbers, then this community is bouncing back with every footfall. GE’s 5K Road Race to benefit the Petit Family Foundation saw its highest turnout in the five years since the race was established. Over 3,000 runners met together at the starting line Sunday morning.

“We figured it would be a nice local race but it turned out to be quite a community event. We’re very excited about this. We appreciate everyone helping out our friend Dr. Petit,” said organizer Bob Heslin.

Next week will mark the 5th anniversary of the brutal Cheshire home invasion that took the lives of Jennifer Hawke-Petit and her daughters, 17 year old Hailey and 11 year old Michaela. Their father, Dr. William Petit, was on hand to kick-start the race. He said the large turnout proved there’s more good in the world than the evil he experienced firsthand.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #728 on: July 22, 2012, 11:00:15 PM »

http://articles.courant.com/2012-07-17/community/hc-plainville-wings-wheels-0718-20120717_1_susie-woerz-plainville-community-food-pantry-grant-funding
Car And Plane Show In Plainville Raises Money For Petit Foundation, Food Pantry
July 17, 2012

PLAINVILLE — — Organizers of the Wings and Wheels car and plane show that was held on July 1 have donated $11,000 each to the Petit Family Foundation and the Plainville Community Food Pantry.

The show was put on as a fundraiser for the two organizations. On Monday, members of the committee that put the event on said it had raised $22,000, which was split equally between the pantry and the foundation. This was the first year the show was held and it was at the town-owned Robertson Airport. Organizers plan on making it a yearly event.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #729 on: July 22, 2012, 11:02:04 PM »

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/AP-Interview-Death-row-inmate-says-new-law-unfair-3711819.php
AP Interview: Death row inmate says new law unfair
July 17, 2012

SOMERS, Conn. (AP) — Daniel Webb is awaiting execution for the 1989 kidnapping and murder of a Connecticut bank executive, but he believes he is also paying a price for another, unrelated crime that has heavily influenced the state's debate on capital punishment.

Webb told The Associated Press in a death row interview that he thinks there would be no capital punishment in the state if not for the public's desire to execute the men responsible for the 2007 home-invasion slayings of a mother and her two daughters in suburban Cheshire. The only survivor of that crime, Dr. William Petit, lobbied to keep the death penalty for the men who killed his family, Steven Hayes and Joshua Komisarjevsky.

"Dr. Petit is angry with them and with his anger he wants to kill all of us," said Webb, who spoke by telephone from behind a glass window. "Now you are trying to increase my suffering and take away the little that I had because you want to make Komisarjevsky suffer. That's not right."

Webb was sentenced to die for the slaying in Hartford of Diane Gellenbeck, a 37-year-old Connecticut National Bank vice president, who was taken from a downtown parking garage and shot to death near a local golf course as she ran from an attempted sexual assault.

The state legislature in April abolished capital punishment, but only for future crimes. Gov. Dannel P. Malloy and key state lawmakers had insisted on that as a condition of their support for repeal in a long-running debate that focused on the Petit case.
More...

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #730 on: July 24, 2012, 08:13:55 AM »

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/AP-Interview-Death-row-inmate-says-new-law-unfair-3711819.php
AP Interview: Death row inmate says new law unfair
July 17, 2012

SOMERS, Conn. (AP) — Daniel Webb is awaiting execution for the 1989 kidnapping and murder of a Connecticut bank executive, but he believes he is also paying a price for another, unrelated crime that has heavily influenced the state's debate on capital punishment.

Webb told The Associated Press in a death row interview that he thinks there would be no capital punishment in the state if not for the public's desire to execute the men responsible for the 2007 home-invasion slayings of a mother and her two daughters in suburban Cheshire. The only survivor of that crime, Dr. William Petit, lobbied to keep the death penalty for the men who killed his family, Steven Hayes and Joshua Komisarjevsky.

"Dr. Petit is angry with them and with his anger he wants to kill all of us," said Webb, who spoke by telephone from behind a glass window. "Now you are trying to increase my suffering and take away the little that I had because you want to make Komisarjevsky suffer. That's not right."

Webb was sentenced to die for the slaying in Hartford of Diane Gellenbeck, a 37-year-old Connecticut National Bank vice president, who was taken from a downtown parking garage and shot to death near a local golf course as she ran from an attempted sexual assault.

The state legislature in April abolished capital punishment, but only for future crimes. Gov. Dannel P. Malloy and key state lawmakers had insisted on that as a condition of their support for repeal in a long-running debate that focused on the Petit case.
More...
Webb can cry me a flipping river.  "increase my suffering and take away the little I had" -- you POS should not even be breathing -- so suffer and you deserve nothing!  If you don't believe it, ask the Gellenbeck family.

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #731 on: July 24, 2012, 02:43:27 PM »

I'm continually stunned at the gall of these criminals to think that their rights have precedent over their victims.  But isn't that what put them where they are?!

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #732 on: August 06, 2012, 07:21:13 PM »

Congratulations! Dr. William Petit Remarries Five Years After Family Massacre

By Debbie Emery - Radar Reporter

Dr. William Petit hasn't had much to smile about during the past five years since his wife and daughters were brutally murdered, but Sunday marked the first step in his new life when he remarried.

The 55-year-old wed photographer Christine Paluf, 34, at a ceremony near his home in Hartford, Connecticut, with 300 of their family and friends there to celebrate at the reception held in nearby Simsbury, reported NBCConnecticut.com.

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2012/08/dr-william-petit-remarries-five-years-family-massacre
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #733 on: August 06, 2012, 08:09:51 PM »

awww...I pray he can find a bit of peace and happiness now.  He's looking so old and somber.  I think he and Christine should have a child.  It won't replace the daughters he's lost, but he'd have someone to love and smile over.  Many, many wishes for happiness to Dr. Petit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #734 on: August 23, 2012, 06:31:31 PM »

awww...I pray he can find a bit of peace and happiness now.  He's looking so old and somber.  I think he and Christine should have a child.  It won't replace the daughters he's lost, but he'd have someone to love and smile over.  Many, many wishes for happiness to Dr. Petit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #735 on: August 02, 2013, 01:12:06 PM »

KittyMom, you wish has come true!
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57596714-504083/petit-family-update-dr-william-petit-conn-home-invasion-survivor-expecting-child-with-new-wife/
August 2, 2013 10:30 AM

Petit Family Update: Dr. William Petit, Conn. home invasion survivor, expecting child with new wife
By Crimesider Staff

Dr. William Petit, 56, and his wife Christine told CBS affiliate WFSB-TV on Thursday that the baby is due Dec. 3. The couple's announcement comes shortly before their first wedding anniversary on Aug. 5.

Petit says he's very excited about the prospect of a new baby, saying "children are always your jewels."

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #736 on: August 02, 2013, 01:14:46 PM »

So very happy for them!

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #737 on: August 02, 2013, 01:15:59 PM »

So very happy for them!

Indeed cookie -- I am thrilled!

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #738 on: August 02, 2013, 05:41:19 PM »

Wonderful news!!  I wish them all the best!!   

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #739 on: September 09, 2013, 10:18:39 AM »

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/connecticut-rapist-killer-snapped-article-1.1449691#axzz2ePBty8Pl

Connecticut home invasion rapist/killer Steven Hayes says he ‘just snapped’ in jailhouse interview
By Nina Golgowski  / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Monday, September 9, 2013, 9:00 AM

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/connecticut-rapist-killer-snapped-article-1.1449691#ixzz2ePCG2nco
The death row inmate says he's left wracked with 'guilt, shame and remorse' after that July 2007 robbery which left Jennifer Hawke-Petit and her daughters, Michaela, 11, and Hayley, 17, raped and murdered.

"It took a year before I could even remember what happened in those last few minutes," Hayes told the paper. "I was told it was rage and stress or something. I just know that for a couple of minutes I became somebody else."

It wasn't supposed to end this way, according to Hayes. Still he says: "I can't blame anybody but myself for the decisions that I made."

After four and a half years of being sober and years of successful drug treatment, Hayes relapsed. His mother kicked him out of her home when she found out, and he had nowhere to go.

He needed money. "Quick money," he calls it, so joined up with Komisarjevsky when they spotted Hawke-Petit and her daughter Michaela buying groceries at a Cheshire convenience store on July 22.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/connecticut-rapist-killer-snapped-article-1.1449691#ixzz2ePCX02NW

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.