Caylee Marie Anthony #169 8/16/10 - 8/25/10

<< < (74/197) > >>

trimmonthelake:
Quote from: SunnyinTX on August 18, 2010, 01:01:51 PM

again a statement from IN   anyone else remember hearing this said??

'LKB stated during the indigency hearing that she tore up her contract because she hadn't been paid a cent.'

I don't remember the contract part,but I know she said she was working pro bono.I could have missed it.   ::MonkeyHaHa::
http://sprocket-trials.blogspot.com/2010/03/casey-antthony-living-la-vita-pro-bono.html
<snipped>
Baez also testified that the only lawyers who had been paid were himself and Adrea Lyon. The amount paid to him was for his fees and Andrea Lyon received only expenses. In addition, Linda Kenney-Baden had not been paid anything for her services. She was also working pro bono.

no rose colored glasses:
Quote from: trimmonthelake on August 18, 2010, 01:24:50 PM

'LKB stated during the indigency hearing that she tore up her contract because she hadn't been paid a cent.'

I don't remember the contract part,but I know she said she was working pro bono.I could have missed it.   ::MonkeyHaHa::
http://sprocket-trials.blogspot.com/2010/03/casey-antthony-living-la-vita-pro-bono.html
<snipped>
Baez also testified that the only lawyers who had been paid were himself and Adrea Lyon. The amount paid to him was for his fees and Andrea Lyon received only expenses. In addition, Linda Kenney-Baden had not been paid anything for her services. She was also working pro bono.

Thanks, I thought she was working pro bono.

SunnyinTX:
Quote from: trimmonthelake on August 18, 2010, 01:24:50 PM

<snipped>

thanks trim, that's what I thought I remembered too.....

TURBOTHINK:
Quote from: Babybear on August 18, 2010, 11:34:49 AM

http://law.findlaw.com/state-laws/criminal-statute-of-limitations/florida/

It appears that there is no statute of limitations in FL for perjury in a Capital Case, i.e. one like Casey's.  As to the other violations of crimina law, it depends on the class of felony.  I don't know what class fraud would fall under as well as tampering, obstructing, etc.  

I believe they are slowly building a fraud case on the donations. I believe that is why CA went back to all of a sudden saying she believes Caylee is alive. If they knew she was dead (which I believe will come out at trial) then everything they collected was FRAUD. The state does not have to be in any hurry.

One of the things to prove is a deliberate misrepresentation of the facts which will be easy in this case. Another element to prove in a fraud case is justifiable or actual reliance on the statements of the accused. (another slam dunk as everyone who donated relied on their statements that they were looking for an alive Caylee because they had people who had seen her)

There are huge REWARDS for exposing fraud against the State of Florida.

tupelohoney:
Quote from: TURBOTHINK on August 18, 2010, 01:46:02 PM

Quote from: Babybear on August 18, 2010, 11:34:49 AM

http://law.findlaw.com/state-laws/criminal-statute-of-limitations/florida/

It appears that there is no statute of limitations in FL for perjury in a Capital Case, i.e. one like Casey's.  As to the other violations of crimina law, it depends on the class of felony.  I don't know what class fraud would fall under as well as tampering, obstructing, etc.  

I believe they are slowly building a fraud case on the donations. I believe that is why CA went back to all of a sudden saying she believes Caylee is alive. If they knew she was dead (which I believe will come out at trial) then everything they collected was FRAUD. The state does not have to be in any hurry.

One of the things to prove is a deliberate misrepresentation of the facts which will be easy in this case. Another element to prove in a fraud case is justifiable or actual reliance on the statements of the accused. (another slam dunk as everyone who donated relied on their statements that they were looking for an alive Caylee because they had people who had seen her)

There are huge REWARDS for exposing fraud against the State of Florida.

Excellent point and I hope you are correct.  It's the only theory that makes sense.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page