May 21, 2024, 06:11:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brittanee Marie Drexel, missing since 4/25/09 from Myrtle Beach, SC  (Read 727207 times)
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #200 on: May 04, 2009, 10:01:51 AM »

good post Rob...

this is really scary for Brittanee and her family..
I don't see how Mr. B and his group could be ruled out already...has his/their cars been checked ? who left with him the night that he checked out? something is not right with him unless it is just such an unlucky coincidence that a girl that he is connected with comes up missing and he chose to leave at 2 a.m and leave his deposit and all...did the others stay at the room? lots of questions for me...

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #201 on: May 04, 2009, 11:40:31 AM »

<<snipped>>

Brittanee Drexel, 17, of Rochester, N.Y., was last seen leaving the Blue Water Resort around 8:45 p.m. on April 25, but no one has heard from her since.

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/news_story.aspx?id=295057

<snipped>>

Investigators learned Brittanee's cell phone was beaming a signal to a cell tower in southern Georgetown County the night she went missing and into early Sunday morning. However, there has been no activity from it since then.

same article as above

<<snipped>>

Brittanee's cell phone gave off its last signal 30 miles south of Myrtle Beach. However, police say she never made a call. Drexel says her daughter would never just run off even though she had a lot on her plate.

http://www.whec.com/news/stories/S912044.shtml?cat=566

<<snipped>>

Drexel’s cell phone gave off its last known signal there Sunday, April 26, but it was not in use at the time and investigators have not determined how it got there, said Georgetown County Sheriff Lane Cribb on Saturday. Phones normally give off a signal until their batteries run out, he said.

http://www.thestate.com/local/story/773653.html

OK - there is it. Went missing sometime around 8:45 pm on Saturday the 25th, after being video captured leaving the hotel. On Sunday, the 26th, the following day, her phone was triangulated 30 miles south.

Could her body have washed 30 miles down river in one day? I guess that all depends on the river's current and water level.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #202 on: May 04, 2009, 11:47:53 AM »

<<snipped>>

Investigators learned Brittanee's cell phone was beaming a signal to a cell tower in southern Georgetown County the night she went missing and into early Sunday morning. However, there has been no activity from it since then.

Looking at this again - I think this is the whole key to the case. This quote seems to tell you there is a crime.

the night she went missing and into early Sunday morning

How did it get there - 30 miles away - on the same night?

She had no car. How did her phone get thirty miles away? I think this rules out floated on the river's current as she could not arrive thirty miles down stream in just one night. At least I don't think she could.

Either someone took her and her phone to this locale - or - she was separated from her phone and someone disposed of it in this area.

+++

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #203 on: May 04, 2009, 12:04:23 PM »

Update on missing Chili teen

Posted at: 05/04/2009 11:53 AM | WHEC.com
Updated at: 05/04/2009 11:59 AM

The waiting and wondering continues over Chili teenager Brittanee Drexel. It has been nine days since the 17-year-old was seen in Myrtle Beach.

On Friday, police went to an area 30 miles south of Myrtle Beach after they tracked her cell phone.

Drexel was last seen leaving a hotel where a group of guy friends were staying. She was supposed to walk back to her hotel 22 blocks away but never made it there.

Police did question the men Brittanee was visiting at that hotel but they say they are satisfied with their answers.

We will have the latest information on the search on www.whec.com and tonight on News 10NBC at 5 and 6 hear from Brittanee’s boyfriend, John Grieco.

http://www.whec.com/news/stories/S912873.shtml?cat=565

+++

Stacey
Monkey Junky Jr.

Clarence 1995-2011

« Reply #204 on: May 04, 2009, 12:22:34 PM »

Hello Monkeys

Has it been reported that LE has talked to the girls she was with.
I'm just thinking out loud here what if the girls got so mad at her for not returning the shirt/shorts that they went to look for her and they found her and started to fight and something went terribly wrong.

I just hope they can find her on the camera's on her way back to her hotel and see if she made it back or can track her in between.

Monkey hugs

"Always be a first-rate version of yurself, instead of a second rate version of somebody else" Judy Garland
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #205 on: May 04, 2009, 02:03:50 PM »

Stacey...that is a possibility...
I don't understand how they could have all packed up their stuff, left Brittanee's stuff in the hotel and drove off towards home...I know that they are young, but wouldn't they have been a bit worried about her since she didn't come back to the room all night and did not answer her phone? what kind of friends do that to a friend?

also, if she was in the river, her cell phone would have gone immediately dead wouldn't it? My son accidentally dropped his into a glass of wine one night at dinner and it was fried right away..
maybe the purse with the phone in it was tossed along the river bank or on the road side? are the police searching the area with dogs and by foot?

Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #206 on: May 04, 2009, 02:08:00 PM »

Monday, May. 04, 2009
Search for missing N.Y. teen continues
Staff report
 Print
Comments (4)
 Recommend (0)
Reprint or license

Text Size:     tool nameclose
tool goes here
Local authorities continued Sunday to search for missing 17-year-old Brittanee Drexel.

Officers had nothing new to report Sunday, said Capt. David Knipes of the Myrtle Beach Police Department.

Searchers spent Saturday looking for the missing New York teen in the area of the South Santee River in Georgetown County, but came up empty.

"There will only be a handful of officers doing some final things associated with that search this morning," Knipes said Sunday.

The cell phone belonging to Drexel, who was last seen April 25 in the area near the Blue Water Resort in Myrtle Beach, gave off its last known signal the night of April 26 in the area around U.S. 17 and the South Santee River, authorities said.

Detectives ask that people who were in the areas between 11th Avenue South and 20th Avenue South along Ocean Boulevard in Myrtle Beach between 8:45 and 9:15 p.m. April 25 call the Myrtle Beach Police Department at 918-1382 if they saw anything suspicious.

http://www.thesunnews.com/135/story/885818.html

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #207 on: May 04, 2009, 02:37:19 PM »

Interesting piece from article: 

Detectives ask that people who were in the areas between 11th Avenue South and 20th Avenue South along Ocean Boulevard in Myrtle Beach between 8:45 and 9:15 p.m. April 25 call the Myrtle Beach Police Department at 918-1382 if they saw anything suspicious.

Snipped from: http://www.thesunnews.com/135/story/885818.html

They seem to have narrowed it down to between 11th Ave.S. & 20th Ave.S. (Which is the location of Blue Water Resort)  Maybe they have some surveillance video that they're not making public. Approx 1818 Ocean Blvd is a Hampton Inn and across the street is a Best Western, not just Mom & Pop motels.  The Hampton Inn has a parking garage entrance facing Ocean Blvd.  I hope security footage is available.

Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #208 on: May 04, 2009, 03:34:24 PM »

They seem to have narrowed it down to between 11th Ave.S. & 20th Ave.S. (Which is the location of Blue Water Resort)  Maybe they have some surveillance video that they're not making public. Approx 1818 Ocean Blvd is a Hampton Inn and across the street is a Best Western, not just Mom & Pop motels.  The Hampton Inn has a parking garage entrance facing Ocean Blvd.  I hope security footage is available.

That sounds possible to me.  Something is not sitting well with me in regards to her so called group of girl friends.  I would never leave the hotel if I knew we all were not accounted for, and surely would not leave her things in the room for housekeeping to take thinking it was abandoned belongings.  Who needs enemies with friends like that??

always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #209 on: May 04, 2009, 03:59:23 PM »

That sounds possible to me.  Something is not sitting well with me in regards to her so called group of girl friends.  I would never leave the hotel if I knew we all were not accounted for, and surely would not leave her things in the room for housekeeping to take thinking it was abandoned belongings.  Who needs enemies with friends like that??
I agree Dolce, I would never do an friend like that.  I just keep thinking that maybe this were planned.  If I wanted to disappear, I would do it just like like.  I would leave, throw my phone in the river and keep on going.

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #210 on: May 04, 2009, 04:22:45 PM »

Dolce..I agree...who needs friends like that??

AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #211 on: May 04, 2009, 05:01:50 PM »

<<snipped>>

Looking at this again - I think this is the whole key to the case. This quote seems to tell you there is a crime.

She had no car. How did her phone get thirty miles away? I think this rules out floated on the river's current as she could not arrive thirty miles down stream in just one night. At least I don't think she could.

Either someone took her and her phone to this locale - or - she was separated from her phone and someone disposed of it in this area.

Rob the new video, with Kimberly Guilfoil  with her Mom and bio Dad, says that they have tracked the pings -6 miles- south of Myrtle Beach.  How did we get it was 30 miles? Probably because the possible bus sighting.

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #212 on: May 04, 2009, 05:06:00 PM »

<<snipped>>

Rob the new video, with Kimberly Guilfoil  with her Mom and bio Dad, says that they have tracked the pings -6 miles- south of Myrtle Beach.  How did we get it was 30 miles? Probably because the possible bus sighting.

Hi AZ- GREAT to see you!! 

It's in all the media reports and there is a new report that has the distance as 22 blocks from the other hotel. I haven't been posting them all cause it's getting confusing and the police and searches were on the scene 30 miles away - there is another report that has the 35 miles away - and - 5 miles is a huge distance.

+++

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #213 on: May 04, 2009, 05:19:34 PM »

I agree Dolce, I would never do an friend like that.  I just keep thinking that maybe this were planned.  If I wanted to disappear, I would do it just like like.  I would leave, throw my phone in the river and keep on going.
Interesting insight there Miss Kitty.  Now, what is the excuse of Mr. 2am Driver?  I want to know if each of her friends allibies check out, and I do not think that each other being one anothers allibies should suffice.  Something is up with those girls, either they know or they did something to her.  IMO

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #214 on: May 04, 2009, 05:21:46 PM »

It's in all the media reports and there is a new report that has the distance as 22 blocks from the other hotel. I haven't been posting them all cause it's getting confusing and the police and searches were on the scene 30 miles away - there is another report that has the 35 miles away - and - 5 miles is a huge distance.
Whether 6 miles or 30 miles, that is still a huge distance for one person without a vehicle at her disposal to travel.  Traffic cameras should be able to catch much of this activity.

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #215 on: May 04, 2009, 05:30:30 PM »

Whether 6 miles or 30 miles, that is still a huge distance for one person without a vehicle at her disposal to travel.  Traffic cameras should be able to catch much of this activity.

Dolce -
Grande has an ability to check areas for cameras. I have been checking HFTM for any posts on Brittanee from him and he is not posting on the case.

Grande found a camera on an interstate in the Brianna Denison case. That camera captured the vehicle of the suspect. But you're right - 6 to 30 miles at NIGHT is a huge distance for a little girl to travel with no car.

+++

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #216 on: May 04, 2009, 05:38:41 PM »

Dolce -
Grande has an ability to check areas for cameras. I have been checking HFTM for any posts on Brittanee from him and he is not posting on the case.

Grande found a camera on an interstate in the Brianna Denison case. That camera captured the vehicle of the suspect. But you're right - 6 to 30 miles at NIGHT is a huge distance for a little girl to travel with no car.
If Grande is good at this, then the road may not be equipped with the cameras.  To add, 6-30 miles is an awefully long way to travel without someone seeing her, or for her to do on foot at night.  At the most in that small time frame, maybe a mile to a mile and a half - no way an entire 6 miles unfathomable for 30 miles. 
It was Spring Break, so no way the streets were empty, they were more than likely littered with people enjoying their night life for SB.  Maybe not heavy traffic as a parade would bring, but a group of people every 30 to 40 yards is not uncommon.  Just thinking back to SB when I use to attend.  Guys often call out and say "Hey whats your name" or "Want to go to rave".  Just do not buy that no one saw her.

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #217 on: May 04, 2009, 05:43:48 PM »

Boyfriend of missing Chili teen speaks out
Posted at: 05/04/2009 11:53 AM | WHEC.com
Updated at: 05/04/2009 4:43 PM
By: Lynette Adams

It has now been nine days now since a Gates-Chili High School student disappeared from Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.

There has been an all out search for Brittanee Drexel. And still no sign of the 17-year-old. She was in South Carolina on spring break.

Drexel's boyfriend, a 19-year-old from Chili, believes Brittanee has been abducted. John Grieco said, “It is not a runaway. I can tell you that right now.”

Grieco says he's known Brittanee for two-and-a half years and she would not runaway. “She could not drop her brother and sister, her grandfather. She knows her grandfather has a bad heart. She would not put her family through this.”

Grieco has been in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina for the past week searching for his girlfriend. He was in Rochester when she disappeared and is back in Rochester for a day to take care of some business and he's headed back as soon as he can get a flight out.

Grieco has put college and his job on hold. “Even though every instinct is telling me she's not in Myrtle anymore. It's still a lot easier to walk the beach and hand out flyers than to sit at home and talk about it.”

Grieco was possibly the last person to communicate with Brittanee. Grieco sent her a text and she never responded. He broke the news to her family that she was in Myrtle Beach and missing. “Once I talked to her friends I found out that she walked back to her hotel alone and that was the last contact I had with her and that's when I knew something was wrong.”

Grieco says about eight people, mostly family members from Rochester, are in Myrtle Beach searching for the Gates-Chili High School junior.

He says they hand out flyers and talk to people everyday. Grieco is convinced Brittanee has been abducted and is no longer in Myrtle Beach. “My gut is telling me she's out there, she's alive and somebody has her and is doing horrible things to her.”

No matter what, Grieco says he won't give up. “Everything's been devoted to Brit, so I'm hoping this pays off.”

Grieco will be headed back to South Carolina with his father. He says Drexel's family is coping as best as possible. He says the support from Rochester is helping tremendously.
Edit to add link:
http://www.whec.com/news/stories/S912873.shtml?cat=566
Related articles:
Missing teenager’s mom: “Someone took my daughter”
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 06:26:16 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

+++

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #218 on: May 04, 2009, 05:47:38 PM »

Link to last article.

http://www.whec.com/news/stories/S912873.shtml?cat=566

That website "hangs" for me and it doesn't function all that well with the links.

+++

Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #219 on: May 04, 2009, 05:51:31 PM »

National group joins search for missing N.Y. girl
Kurt Knapek - kknapek@thesunnews.com
 Print
Comments (2)
 Recommend (0)
Reprint or license

Text Size:     tool nameclose
tool goes here
Officers, family members and a national organization are continuing to look for a New York girl who went missing April 27 in Myrtle Beach.

Carol Wagner said Monday her granddaughter, Brittanee Drexel, 17, has been dealing with depression for about the past year because her parents are divorcing, the family house is being sold and the teen learned she may have to switch high schools before her senior year.

``It has just been one thing after the other,'' said Wagner, who came to Myrtle Beach with her husband soon after learning of the disappearance. ``Brittanee keeps it all bottled up inside. Between the fights with her parents and school and a boyfriend, it probably just ate her up inside.

Myrtle Beach Police officers follow Bonnie Laidlaw on a dirt road in northern Charleston County during the search for the 17-year-old missing from a Myrtle Beach resort. Laidlaw is with S.C. Search Dogs from the Charleston area. The search dispersed from Pole Yard Landing at the Santee River in southern Georgetown County on Saturday. Brittanee Drexel is from Rochester, N.Y. She was last seen at the Blue Water Resort on Ocean Boulevard on April 25. Photo by Janet Blackmon Morgan / jblackmon@thesunnews.com
 Searching for Brittanee Drexel

``She said, `I have to get away for a while.' We didn't know she was going to come down here. We thought she was at a friend's house back home. ... She's never done anything like this before.''

Police did not receive any new leads to the girl's whereabouts Monday, according to Capt. David Knipes, spokesman for the Myrtle Beach Police Department.

``We're still looking for her,'' Knipes said. ``She could be a runaway, a missing person or an abduction. We don't have a label on it.''

Also Monday, two representatives from the Laura Recovery Center for Missing Children arrived in Myrtle Beach to assist in the search, according to Bob Walcutt, executive director. The Texas-based group's mission statement is to ``prevent abductions and runaways and to recover missing children by fostering a Triangle of Trust among law enforcement, community and a missing child's family.''

http://www.thesunnews.com/news/local/story/886345.html

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.