May 13, 2024, 06:54:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #149 10/11/09 - 10/18/09  (Read 430828 times)
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #240 on: October 13, 2009, 07:58:56 AM »

http://www.cayleedaily.com/2009/10/casey-anthony-defense-to-stupidly-fight-video-taped-check-fraud-charges/
Casey’s Defense to Stupidly Fight Video Taped Check Fraud Charges
Monday, October 12, 2009
By Express

Olrando Sentinel:   Casey Anthony’s defense team has asked a judge to move her fraud trial to another county, issue written questionnaires to potential jurors and allow the attorneys to interview potential jurors individually rather than in a group, according to motions filed today in court.

The trial may begin around Nov. 30, according to court documents. Anthony, 23, is charged with more than a dozen counts, including forgery of check. She’s accused of writing $662 in checks that belonged to a friend, Amy Huizenga.

Prosecutors wanted the fraud trial to be set before her murder trial, which is scheduled for next summer. Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee Marie.

Her defense team doesn’t want evidence from her murder case to be used in her fraud case. They also don’t want anyone mentioning any ‘prior bad acts” by Anthony, such as Huizenga calling Anthony a “liar.”

They suggest the trial be moved to Miami-Dade, Palm Beach or Broward counties. They want potential jurors to answer a 10-page questionnaire, including questions about whether they have heard about Anthony, her defense attorneys or the prosecutors.

The defense points to the extensive pre-trial publicity as one reason they want to question the jurors individually and not as a group. They don’t want jurors to be reluctant to answer truthfully in front of others, according to the motion. No hearing dates have been set yet on these matters.
In the murder case, meanwhile, the defense filed another document arguing that the state prevented their experts from examining the lot where Caylee’s body was found before it was cleared by evidence gatherers. The lawyers also want to be able to reproduce the crime scene photos so their experts can review them. The computer system created earlier this year for photos in the case has limited how the experts can see them. SOURCE: ORLANDO SENTINEL 8:16 p.m. EDT, October 12, 2009

This title states exactly what I said yesterday - YO BOZO your client is caught on tape & signed her name, she drove the victim's car to Target & her bank (she did have permission to  use the car-but that i where Amy will testify she left the checkbook)!!  Guilty...move on     This is a even too muckin fuch for this defense team.   Its a check fraud case, not murder one - its not getting all these special circumstances such as individual voir dire & a move to another county hundreds of miles away!   The defense wants the potential jurors to be truthful, well it does not matter if they are in front of an audience or in private in a court of law, they are taking an oath to do just that.  Come on now!   Regardless of the fact that even these charges are high profile due to her murdering her daughter & going on to party hardy, the case does not merit the expense of moving it to the southern most corner of the state.  Also, once again how ignorant to think that going to an area that is largely populated with Hispanics as Bozo is would absolutely convict his client because the VICTIM is Hispanic, no different than the murder trial since Casey falsely accused an innocent Hispanic woman.  The entire farce they are creating surrounding the check charges is ludicrous!   Its a wham bam, guilty ma'am open and shut case!  And why did they wait so long to file these motions if this trial is set to start as soon as Nov 30th, delay delay delay.   They should have plead these charges out whether they like the fact that she will be a convicted felon or not...pushing this is beyond ridiculous and a waste, a huge waste of time.

They dont want "prior bad acts" brought up such as people calling her a liar (and worse), hello her own mother made those assessments based on facts she now denies....but guess what "prior bad acts" comes in if it has relevance and probative value in most states.  It comes in if it shows proof of motive, intent, identity, a premeditated plan or to prove it was not an accident or mistake (prior check frauds i.e. her grandmother's)   EX:   If Casey lied about taking Amy's check book when the evidence clearly shows that she did & was with her belongings at her then boyfriend's home where the victim & the defendant's mother picked her up from the very day the victim returned home from Puerto Rico, Amy stating that Casey is a liar is relevant.   Tony Lazzaro  can testify to the fact that he found Amy's checkbook with Casey's belongings at his apartment, it doesnt matter the circumstances as to how that came about.    Casey's taking her grandmother's checks MAY come in as well.    A famous case of when "prior bad acts" came in was during Michael Jackson's 2005 case when the judge ruled that testimony of the settlement after an accusation was made  in the early 90's would come in...note that was not a criminal conviction but an accusation, no criminal charges were even filed.    While they may win on point that bringing up that this is what she was doing instead of looking for her later reported by her mother "missing" child instead of looking for her wont come in nor the fact that Caylee was murdered & was never "missing"...the rest I would be absolutely shocked if the judge even considers much less grants.

Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #241 on: October 13, 2009, 08:02:11 AM »

Thanks Tupeo for these docs.

Interesting, in the first doc..point # 16 says that Andrea has never filed a motion to appear as an attorney in Florida?  I must need more coffee because didn't she file a motion to appear as Casey's attorney in the DP case?

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #242 on: October 13, 2009, 08:10:06 AM »

Thanks Tupeo for these docs.

Interesting, in the first doc..point # 16 says that Andrea has never filed a motion to appear as an attorney in Florida?  I must need more coffee because didn't she file a motion to appear as Casey's attorney in the DP case?

We saw that it was filed under the docket - does she mean in this particular case OR before she came on as part of Casey's defense team, because if not that is a misrepresentation to say the least!

Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #243 on: October 13, 2009, 08:15:15 AM »

Thanks Tupelo for these docs.

We saw that it was filed under the docket - does she mean in this particular case OR before she came on as part of Casey's defense team, because if not that is a misrepresentation to say the least!

Capp..it says that she has not filed a motion to appear in Florida as council in the past five years.  I think Miss Andrea's students copied this out of a textbook and forgot to proofread..as obviously she did too.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #244 on: October 13, 2009, 08:43:41 AM »

Capp..it says that she has not filed a motion to appear in Florida as council in the past five years.  I think Miss Andrea's students copied this out of a textbook and forgot to proofread..as obviously she did too.

Here is the first time she applied.   
3/12/2009     A     VERIFIED MOTION FOR ADMISSION TO APPEAR PRO HAC VICE
http://www.myorangeclerk.com/myclerk/CriminalSelect.aspx?SessionID=cb75ebd4-4f7c-4e48-8572-ab3e5508ffeb

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #245 on: October 13, 2009, 08:43:46 AM »

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/13091969/Motion-For-Admission-To-Appear-Pro-Hac-Vice

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #246 on: October 13, 2009, 08:48:10 AM »

Trimm   She actually first filed October 7, 2009, the March filing is a verification

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #247 on: October 13, 2009, 08:48:59 AM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/services/newspaper/printedition/monday/orl-loccasey-anthony-update-101309101309oct13,0,326536.story
Relocate fraud case, Anthony lawyers say
Casey Anthony's lawyers want a judge to move her fraud trial out of Orlando, issue questionnaires to potential jurors and let attorneys interview jury candidates individually rather than in a group, according to documents filed Monday.

The trial may begin around Nov. 30, according to court documents. Anthony, 23, is charged with more than a dozen counts, including check forgery. She's accused of writing $662 in checks that belonged to a friend, Amy Huizenga.

Prosecutors wanted the fraud trial to be held before her murder trial, which is scheduled for next summer. Anthony is charged with killing her toddler daughter, Caylee Marie.

The defense team suggests the trial be moved south to Miami-Dade, Palm Beach or Broward counties.

No dates have been set for any hearings on these matters.

In the murder case, meanwhile, the defense filed another document arguing that the state prevented its experts from examining the lot where Caylee's body was found before evidence gatherers cleared the site.

The defense lawyers also want to be able to reproduce the crime-scene photos so their experts can review them.

Sarah Lundy

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #248 on: October 13, 2009, 08:49:44 AM »

Trimm   She actually first filed October 7, 2009, the March filing is a verification

You are right Cappy.I saw that.   

~ Peter Frampton
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #249 on: October 13, 2009, 08:50:08 AM »

GOOD MORNING ALL!! 

I don't know how many saw this, but Mark Fuhrman was just on FoxNews & he has a new book:The Murder Business. In it he talks about some high profile cases; O.J., Jon Benet, & CAYLEE ANTHONY!! I just read the first few pages on Amazon & I will try & post them here(or the link). it's very interesting!! For one thing he says Caylee's hair was found"in the wheel well",not just the trunk, THE WHEEL WELL!!!!! 
http://www.amazon.com/reader/1596985844?_encoding=UTF8&ref_=sib%5Fbooks%5Fpg&qid=1255437823&query=the%20murder%20business#reader

If this link doesn't work go to Amazon.com, look up The Murder Business, click on front cover and then click on ,the first pages. Caylee is the first thing in the book. Unfortunately since it's copyright material it won't let me copy & paste!    Can someone do a screen capture of these pages!? 

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #250 on: October 13, 2009, 08:56:13 AM »

Baez and Team should write a book ..... " WE WANT " Rolling Eyes

You are so right. 

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #251 on: October 13, 2009, 08:57:11 AM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2009/10/13/casey39s_legal_team_wants_check_fraud_trial_moved.html
 Casey's Legal Team Wants Check Fraud Trial Moved
Tuesday, October 13, 2009 8:13:09 AM
ORLANDO -- New motions filed by Casey Anthony's legal team include getting her upcoming check fraud trial moved out of Orange County.

Her lawyers also want to issue a written questionnaires to potential jurors and allow attorneys to interview potential jurors individually rather than in a group.

Anthony is accused of writing over $600 in checks that belonged to a friend, Amy Huzienga.

A judge could set a start date for the trial at a court hearing Friday.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #252 on: October 13, 2009, 08:58:28 AM »

GOOD MORNING ALL!! 

I don't know how many saw this, but Mark Fuhrman was just on FoxNews & he has a new book:The Murder Business. In it he talks about some high profile cases; O.J., Jon Benet, & CAYLEE ANTHONY!! I just read the first few pages on Amazon & I will try & post them here(or the link). it's very interesting!! For one thing he says Caylee's hair was found"in the wheel well",not just the trunk, THE WHEEL WELL!!!!! 
http://www.amazon.com/reader/1596985844?_encoding=UTF8&ref_=sib%5Fbooks%5Fpg&qid=1255437823&query=the%20murder%20business#reader

If this link doesn't work go to Amazon.com, look up The Murder Business, click on front cover and then click on ,the first pages. Caylee is the first thing in the book. Unfortunately since it's copyright material it won't let me copy & paste!    Can someone do a screen capture of these pages!? 

Hey Monken,I saw him.Book does sound interesting.   

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #253 on: October 13, 2009, 08:59:58 AM »

Casey Defense Wants Fraud Trial Moved
Casey Anthony Also Charged With Murder In Daughter's Death
POSTED: Tuesday, October 13, 2009
UPDATED: 7:15 am EDT October 13, 2009
<snipped>
A judge could rule as early as Friday if the the trial will be moved to another county.

The check fraud trial could start in late November.
http://www.clickorlando.com/news/21279965/detail.html

~ Peter Frampton
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #254 on: October 13, 2009, 09:00:37 AM »

GOOD MORNING ALL!! 

Thanks Monken, going there right now. SEE they have lots of stuff we haven't see yet!!!! 

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
CasuallyCool
Monkey Junky

What a beauty!!!

« Reply #255 on: October 13, 2009, 09:01:20 AM »

Haven't had time yet to read back on this sight yet and look at the news on the case since 10/8, except for the tatoo photo.  It may take me some time to catch up, as I'm also connecting the dots, freckles, moles, scabs on whorseface's back, so it may be some time.  If any kind monkey would some up since 10/8 I would greatly appreciate it.  TIA

Do No Evil 
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #256 on: October 13, 2009, 09:05:24 AM »

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1596985844/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=1597772739&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1WTPSCWEHMCSGXVM22RN#reader

link to read

Western Observr
Monkey Junky

« Reply #257 on: October 13, 2009, 09:15:01 AM »

I am hoping he is more accurate about the hair in the 'wheel well' than he is when he states George last saw Caylee when HE left for work at about 12.30pm......
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #258 on: October 13, 2009, 09:18:02 AM »

Link to Furhman's book
http://search2.barnesandnoble.com/BookViewer/?ean=9781596985841

~ Peter Frampton
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #259 on: October 13, 2009, 09:27:52 AM »

Capp, could you please explain to me what is being said on page 2, items 11 and 12? They seem to contradict each other to me. TIA
http://www.docstoc.com/docs/13091969/Motion-For-Admission-To-Appear-Pro-Hac-Vice

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.