May 01, 2024, 10:26:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #52 10/03/09 - 11/24/09  (Read 445036 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1420 on: October 27, 2009, 02:14:26 PM »

http://www.kvue.com/news/top/stories/102709kvue_burglar-scared-eh.2595b48fc.html

Woman scares off burglar by acting like a dog

08:18 AM CDT on Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Associated Press

ATHENS, Ga. – Police are investigating after an Athens woman scared off a would-be burglar by acting like a dog.

The Athens Banner-Herald reported Monday that the woman scared off the suspect around 11 p.m. Saturday. According to police, the woman got on the floor and began scratching at the door and acting like a large dog when the suspicious man tried turning the woman's door knob.

The police report did not say what specific dog-like behaviors, such as barking, the woman mimicked.

The woman said the man, who appeared to be homeless, quickly ran from the porch.

Police searched the neighborhood for him, but were unsuccessful.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1421 on: October 27, 2009, 02:18:22 PM »

Hi camochance    I haven't seen you around in a while.  Hope all is well.  Come on down and post with us.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1422 on: October 27, 2009, 02:50:17 PM »

Here are our witches fingers after three tries we got them to look like fingers and not flat feet. Monkey Devil!

Here are their pumpkins.  Monkey Devil!

OMG!! Those look great!! Have you posted the recipe?? Thanks Green!!! 

Hi Monken,
Here is the recipe I ended up using. Make sure you use a large egg. Our dough was a little dry so added some can milk. Worked well, even though my eggs said large they really weren't.
http://petticoatsandpistols.com/2007/10/31/witch-finger-cookies/

GOD BLESS AMERICA
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1423 on: October 27, 2009, 09:21:31 PM »

As you can see by the smirk on his face he is a little bit bad  Monkey Devil!

Oh, San,
He is so adorable, I want to hug him.

He is smiling for the camera.   Only the really smart ones know to do that.

I have to giggle just looking at him, because I know he is into everything.

I am so happy that you have puppies.

Thanks Magnolia.

Here is the female.

She looks very ladylike and much more subdued, though I am sure that is hardly the case.
That bad boy just steals my heart though and I like his blue coloring.

Hudson is nearly two now and he has calmed down a good bit.
During his first year he broke 5 lamps and chewed the cord off several more.
chewed the footboard of an antique bed and I don't know what all else.
But he is a marvelous companion and knows everything.
At 85 lbs he still thinks he is a lap dog.  I wouldn't trade him for anything.

I love both of your babies.

Thanks Magnolia.  I'm glad to hear he calmed down.  I'm hoping mine calm down some.
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1424 on: October 27, 2009, 11:24:15 PM »

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2348.msg997756#msg997756

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1425 on: October 28, 2009, 12:30:24 AM »

Please say a prayer and light a candle for Jaliek.    an angelic monkey

crazybabyborg
« Reply #1426 on: October 28, 2009, 12:58:19 AM »

Thanks Muffy! I hope that the DNA results will at least bring some closure for his family. 
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1427 on: October 28, 2009, 08:34:13 AM »

Here are our witches fingers after three tries we got them to look like fingers and not flat feet. Monkey Devil!

Hi Monken,
Here is the recipe I ended up using. Make sure you use a large egg. Our dough was a little dry so added some can milk. Worked well, even though my eggs said large they really weren't.

Thank you Green eyes, i just printed it out!!!   

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1428 on: October 28, 2009, 08:47:52 AM »

Hi Monken,

Thank you Green eyes, i just printed it out!!!   

You are welcome Monken. With the powdered sugar they aren't a real sweet cookie. But they are good. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1429 on: October 28, 2009, 12:56:33 PM »

I ordered my very first crockpot, who is going to give me a really good recipe to try out? 

http://www.50plusfriends.com/cookbook/crockpot/index-5b.html

There's a ton of recipes here. I've used a few already. 

Wow!!  I love this site!  I will be cooking up a storm.  Thanks.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1430 on: October 28, 2009, 01:03:49 PM »

I ordered my very first crockpot, who is going to give me a really good recipe to try out? 

http://www.50plusfriends.com/cookbook/crockpot/index-5b.html

There's a ton of recipes here. I've used a few already. 

Thank You Gizzie

I'll go look now.

As a quick test you can try this:

2-3 skinless boneless chicken breasts
1 can cream of mushroom soup

I tried this the other day with a mini crock pot I purchased.  I just put it on high for a few hours then turned it down and cooked for the rest of the day.  Probably cooked about 10 hours total.  Chicken fell apart easy and it was great on rice.  You can add vegetables if you want towards the end of the cooking cycle just to heat through.

Thanks, Klaas.

Oh my, I just save this as Cock Pot Beasts.

I believe in miracles!
Brachiate
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1431 on: October 28, 2009, 04:03:59 PM »

Hey Shell!

Please post your house pics in Musings. I'd like to see them. And, sweetie, if we can turn Musings into Pets-R-Us, with the mods participating, we can certainly share your happiness with your new digs. And we can support your surviving a horrific event. I say Hmph! to whomever suggested otherwise.

Brachiate~  Shell can post her house pics here in musings or in her thread "Building My House" http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4450.40  or both.  The neat thing about posting into a dedicated thread, whether it's for her house pics or even posting about pets in "Our Four Legged Friends" or posting recipes in our Recipe area is, it's easy to find them again in the future.  Another example is Monken's cakes.  We can go back there and find them anytime.  I usually make a note in musings when Monken makes a cake to go look in her thread area.  Some monkeys may miss things posted in musings, because of the mix of things in here.  That's why I like to make a birthday thread too.  Then all the birthday wishes are in one area, where the birthday girl or birthday boy can see them, instead of them being spread out over threads for a couple of days.  It isn't just to keep off topic out, especially since there really isn't an OT in musings.   Sometimes a monkey will notice another monkeys  birthday even a month later because they weren't here, and will leave a note.  Anyway, musings is great, but so are the various threads.  I was looking back at the four legged friends thread and it's great to see the animals and the posters from way back when.  The pics that were posted on musings are somewhere in all the musings threads...  Same with great recipes.  I hope they not only get posted in musings for us to see, but I hope they get posted in the recipe area, so when we need a good crock pot recipe we can find it.   an angelic monkey

Thanks for explanation MuffyBee. I appreciate the gentle heads up  an angelic monkey

I didn't know that Shell had a thread for her house building photos. I misinterpreted her post to read that she was told she shouldn't post her pics at all. And I thought that was, well, unseemly and rude for Musing Monkeys.

It makes complete sense that thread-specific items should be in their designated thread so they can be found again.

Sorry I stuck my nose in without a better understanding of what was actually happening.

Brachiate     
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1432 on: October 28, 2009, 04:19:15 PM »

Brachiate~  I don't know who doesn't want Shell to post her pics here at Scared Monkeys.  I only know what I've read here.   I don't think anyone posted here on SM forum they didn't want to see them posted.  Maybe it's been from emails she's gotten or even from some of the posters from forums that just enjoy reading here at SM and finding fault with things and making snarky comments, criticisms and etc.    I would love to see  Shell's house pics, and it doesn't matter whether it's here in Musings or in the thread she was using before, when she was planning and had started building.  Some have left her messages in her house thread also asking to see the pics.   an angelic monkey

Editing to add:  I haven't seen anyone from  Scared Monkeys post on this forum that they didn't want Shell to post her house pics.  If anyone sees a post like that or finds one, I'd like to know, unless it's a post saying maybe it's not safe to post a pic of the front of her house for security reasons.  Shell seemed to be saying some didn't understand how she rebuilt from basically nothing.  That doesn't sound like a security issue, that sounds like someone's jealous.  I don't know.  I haven't "talked" with Shell about it.  I am still hoping to see the house pics...   
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 04:27:34 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1433 on: October 28, 2009, 05:05:09 PM »

Huh?    Love ya' Muffy!  

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1434 on: October 28, 2009, 06:02:47 PM »

Huh?    Love ya' Muffy!  

Hi Lovin'    I'm sorry it's gettin' even more confusing when I try to figure it out and try to explain it then explain again what I was splainin', if you get my drift?   

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1435 on: October 28, 2009, 08:02:53 PM »

Let's go Yankees!!!

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #1436 on: October 28, 2009, 11:03:24 PM »

As you can see by the smirk on his face he is a little bit bad  Monkey Devil!

Oh, San,
He is so adorable, I want to hug him.

He is smiling for the camera.   Only the really smart ones know to do that.

I have to giggle just looking at him, because I know he is into everything.

I am so happy that you have puppies.

Thanks Magnolia.

Here is the female.

She looks very ladylike and much more subdued, though I am sure that is hardly the case.
That bad boy just steals my heart though and I like his blue coloring.

Hudson is nearly two now and he has calmed down a good bit.
During his first year he broke 5 lamps and chewed the cord off several more.
chewed the footboard of an antique bed and I don't know what all else.
But he is a marvelous companion and knows everything.
At 85 lbs he still thinks he is a lap dog.  I wouldn't trade him for anything.

I love both of your babies.

Thanks Magnolia.  I'm glad to hear he calmed down.  I'm hoping mine calm down some.

They're adorable San!  Thanks for posting the pics!   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1437 on: October 29, 2009, 12:08:01 AM »

BBQ Pork for Sandwiches

4lb pork butt or shoulder roast
1/2 cup cider vinegar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup ketchup
1/4 cup chili sauce
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp chopped onions
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp ground mustard
1 clove garlic, minced
dash cayenne pepper

Combine all crockpot and Cook on High heat for 4 hours, medium for 6 hours or until meat shreds easily. Remove meat, and shred with two forks. Put meat back into crockpot and continue to cook for about 1/2 - 1 hour on Medium.   Serve on buns.

All I could picture was Fanny's buns.

Monkey Devil!

I believe in miracles!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1438 on: October 29, 2009, 12:44:04 AM »

BBQ Pork for Sandwiches

4lb pork butt or shoulder roast
1/2 cup cider vinegar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup ketchup
1/4 cup chili sauce
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp chopped onions
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp ground mustard
1 clove garlic, minced
dash cayenne pepper

Combine all crockpot and Cook on High heat for 4 hours, medium for 6 hours or until meat shreds easily. Remove meat, and shred with two forks. Put meat back into crockpot and continue to cook for about 1/2 - 1 hour on Medium.   Serve on buns.

All I could picture was Fanny's buns.

Monkey Devil!

Fanny's buns takes two hands.

(Wait For It)

BECAUSE..................

It takes two hands to handle a whopper!         
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1439 on: October 29, 2009, 01:59:27 AM »

Goodnight all!   

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ise0ecATZ1o&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x234900&amp;color2=0x4e9e00&amp;border=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/Ise0ecATZ1o&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x234900&amp;color2=0x4e9e00&amp;border=1</a>
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.