May 14, 2024, 07:29:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Petey goes for his puppy booster shots tomorrow.  He weighed 3.07lbs 3 weeks ago.  How much does he weigh now?  (Voting closed: January 22, 2010, 10:13:08 PM)
More than 4 pounds - 4 (17.4%)
More than 5 pounds - 7 (30.4%)
More than 6 pounds - 8 (34.8%)
More than 7 pounds - 4 (17.4%)
Who cares? - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 22

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #53 11/24/09 - 1/21/10  (Read 502302 times)
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #820 on: December 19, 2009, 01:16:58 PM »

This is of course for everyone to enjoy........but especially for Klaas...I hope the link works!!

http://tinyurl.com/yjxnhqc

Sunny that was so cute.
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #821 on: December 19, 2009, 01:46:15 PM »

Just an uplifting story from my local news....thought peeps would like to see something good for a change, in a world that is often cruel.

12/19/09 | 20 comments
Miracle on Mars Hill: Donors help build girl’s ears

MARS HILL, Maine — Next Christmas, Bobbi Guerrette will be able to hear — with brand-new ears of her own — the crinkle of wrapping paper as she opens her toys.

Thanks Nutt what a wonderful story. To me this proves there are Angels among us.  an angelic monkey

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #822 on: December 19, 2009, 01:54:54 PM »

Hi Monkeys,

While I was out yesterday I picked up Susan Boyles CD.  If you want to treat yourself to something wonderful you need to get it. I loved every song what a joy it was listening to her sing. 

Hi Green Eyes,

What type of songs does she sing on her CD?  Just curious.

Hi bananas,

Gizzie is right Wild Hores is on the CD. It's really a mixture of songs. It has DayDream Believer, How Great Thou Are, Cry Me A River to Silent Night.

Good Morning Monkeys Hope everybody has a great Day. Everyone is staying Safe & Warm

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #823 on: December 19, 2009, 01:57:12 PM »

Hi Monkeys,

While I was out yesterday I picked up Susan Boyles CD.  If you want to treat yourself to something wonderful you need to get it. I loved every song what a joy it was listening to her sing. 

GE, I hae the CD on my Christmas list!!

Hey Sunny I hope you get it. You will enjoy it

GOD BLESS AMERICA
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #824 on: December 19, 2009, 04:36:47 PM »

This is of course for everyone to enjoy........but especially for Klaas...I hope the link works!!

Sunny that was so cute.

San   I haven't see you in ages!!  I am glad you liked it....I thought it was too cute to keep to myself!!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #825 on: December 19, 2009, 05:41:24 PM »

Sunny that was so cute.

San   I haven't see you in ages!!  I am glad you liked it....I thought it was too cute to keep to myself!!

I'm still here but not as active.  Hope all is well with you. 
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #826 on: December 19, 2009, 05:48:12 PM »

Sunny that was so cute.

AWwwwwww! I love that!

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #827 on: December 19, 2009, 06:00:58 PM »

Attention K-Mart Shoppers........    It's FREE!!

Go here and fill out the form of your choice to make a child's day!! You must know details of the child you wish to receive the card! You can even send one to 'big kids', lol.

http://portablenorthpole.tv/home

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #828 on: December 19, 2009, 09:19:40 PM »

Here's the link to Monken's latest creations, which include a slumber party cake and a zebra cake 

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4894.msg1039992#msg1039992

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #829 on: December 19, 2009, 09:54:51 PM »

Just an uplifting story from my local news....thought peeps would like to see something good for a change, in a world that is often cruel.

12/19/09 | 20 comments
Miracle on Mars Hill: Donors help build girl’s ears

MARS HILL, Maine — Next Christmas, Bobbi Guerrette will be able to hear — with brand-new ears of her own — the crinkle of wrapping paper as she opens her toys.

It’s something she can’t do this year because she was born without ears. But thanks to what her family is calling “a Christmas miracle,” the 3-year-old has the sounds of carols and bells in her future.

An anonymous donor has offered to pay the entire cost of surgery to create new ears for the little girl.

The daughter of Ryan and Jamie Guerrette, Bobbi was born with bilateral microtia with atresia. The condition is evident at birth and essentially means she was born without ears. In Bobbi’s case, one of her ears isn’t open and the other is a skin tag that doesn’t function.

At this point, she can hear as long as she is wearing her bone-anchored hearing aid, worn on a band strapped around her head.

But without ears, Bobbi can’t wear glasses, swim, stand on her head or tumble without damaging the hearing aid. And she can’t accomplish her goal of having her ears pierced and wearing butterfly earrings like her 5-year-old sister, Carly.

The Guerrettes discovered soon after her diagnosis that surgery to correct the difficulties is available at the California Ear Institute. During the operation, physicians create ears, ear canals and eardrums. With the surgery priced at $45,000 for each ear, plus travel and aftercare expenses, the Guerrettes are facing a cost of close to $100,000 for the whole project.

Jamie Guerrette estimated that health insurance the family carries would pay for up to 70 percent of the cost, but the California Ear Institute does not bill insurance, and the family must pay for the procedures upfront and be reimbursed by insurance later. The Guerrettes still must cover about 30 percent of the cost of the surgeries, plus travel and lodging expenses for the journey to California.

They began a fundraising campaign to acquire the needed money. Efforts by family and friends, including the sale of T-shirts, generated more than $6,000. After an article about the girl’s plight appeared in the Bangor Daily News on Dec. 9, readers began sending cards with donations, Jamie Guerrette said.

Then she got a phone call.

“It just came on Monday,” Jamie Guerrette said Friday. “We were told that these people wanted to make a substantial donation to our cause. We began working with their accountant, and it took a few days to get everything straightened out. We then learned that they wanted to pay the entire cost of the surgeries. We were just completely floored.”

Guerrette said her family has “no idea” who the donors are.

“All we know is that they read the article in the Bangor Daily News, and they loved the story and thought that Bobbi was cute and everything,” she said. “And they wanted to do this for her.”

The donors stipulated two conditions for contributing the money. The first was that, when the family is reimbursed by the insurance companies for the partial cost of the surgery, they use 50 percent of that money to create college accounts for their two children. Twenty-five percent of it will create a college fund for Bobbi, and 25 percent for Carly.

The second condition was that the remaining money will go to help other Maine children who need medical assistance.

“We loved the conditions,” Jamie Guerrette said. “It is like paying it forward and forward and forward.”

The Guerrettes already have scheduled the appointments to have Bobbi’s ears built. The first surgery will take place April 26. The final surgery will take place on Sept. 13.

The family will use the more than $6,000 raised in previous fundraisers to pay for travel expenses and aftercare.

Guerrette admitted that the whole thing has been “like a dream.”

“My husband and I have been laughing, crying, and just not believing it,” she said. “We just never expected this. We’ve told Bobbi that she is going to California, and she is all excited.

“We have no details about who is doing this for us,” she continued. “We have done everything through their accountant. We can’t thank them enough. They told us that just seeing an article in the Bangor Daily News telling others about our miracle would be thanks enough.”

That doesn’t mean the Guerrettes aren’t trying to guess who the donors might be.

“I am doing better than my husband,” Jamie Guerrette admitted. “He is just trying to guess who it might be. I am just so happy this is happening, I can’t even believe it.”

Jamie Guerrette pointed out that by next Christmas, her daughter will have her ears — and the butterfly earrings to put in them.
http://www.bangordailynews.com/detail/133074.html

Hi Nut!  What a wonderful story anytime....but especially at Christmas...the time of miracles!  Thank you

Sunny...my exact thoughts and words! love it!

Monken...lovely cakes!

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #830 on: December 19, 2009, 10:41:35 PM »

Sunny that was so cute.

I'm still here but not as active.  Hope all is well with you. 

Life is Good!  Hope all is well with you and yours!!  Merry Christmas to you!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #831 on: December 19, 2009, 10:48:42 PM »

Attention K-Mart Shoppers........    It's FREE!!

Go here and fill out the form of your choice to make a child's day!! You must know details of the child you wish to receive the card! You can even send one to 'big kids', lol.

http://portablenorthpole.tv/home

Nut, this is soooo cool!  What a great surprise for the little ones!!  Thanks you! 

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #832 on: December 19, 2009, 10:51:27 PM »

Here's the link to Monken's latest creations, which include a slumber party cake and a zebra cake 

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4894.msg1039992#msg1039992

Thanks Muffy.....Monken is a cake decorating genius!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #833 on: December 20, 2009, 07:27:22 AM »

That is so sweet, Sunny.   Thanks for sharing.   

Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #834 on: December 20, 2009, 07:35:21 AM »

We got our first accumulation of snow last night.  And the weatherman is predicting we might have a white Christmas   This Texas (now Missouri) gal is sooooooooo excited!!

We got lots of snow here in Maryland yesterday.     

I hope you get your white Christmas!           
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #835 on: December 20, 2009, 07:38:34 AM »

Awwww.    Your little puppy is so cute.         

Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #836 on: December 20, 2009, 08:29:34 AM »

Thank you Everyone!!   
The orange slice cake is a heavy cake similar to a fruitcake but without all the raisins and candied citron & stuff. It has dates, pecans, coconut & chopped orange slices(the candy ones that have sugar on them that are shaped like orange sections) I swear it is soooo good! If anyone wants to try it let me know & I'll post the recipe. I made 2 batches of pralines last night OMG they're so good!! BBL 

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #837 on: December 20, 2009, 08:40:19 AM »

CBB, I hope you're feeling better,  an angelic monkey 

For everyone: I wanted to suggest this because I know it works!!
Esp. this time of year everyone gets exposed to all kinds of bugs. For a long time now I have been using Airborne(or the Walmart equivalent). They are fizzy tabs you drop in a little water, orange or lemon-lime, loaded with zinc & other goodies & it boosts your immune system and IT WORKS, I promise you!!!!!! Now my husband takes one a day too! At the first sign of a cold if you'll load up on them," read the instructions," it will knock it back or out!! This stuff has kept me from getting sick I can't tell you how many times!!! I drink 1 or 2 a day & if I feel I'm catching something I'll drink 3 or 4 & in a day it's gone! I love this stuff!! Anyways, i wanted everyone to tyr it if you want!! Zicam is also similar & works the same!! Love you!!       

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #838 on: December 20, 2009, 09:42:50 AM »

CBB, I hope you're feeling better,  an angelic monkey 

For everyone: I wanted to suggest this because I know it works!!
Esp. this time of year everyone gets exposed to all kinds of bugs. For a long time now I have been using Airborne(or the Walmart equivalent). They are fizzy tabs you drop in a little water, orange or lemon-lime, loaded with zinc & other goodies & it boosts your immune system and IT WORKS, I promise you!!!!!! Now my husband takes one a day too! At the first sign of a cold if you'll load up on them," read the instructions," it will knock it back or out!! This stuff has kept me from getting sick I can't tell you how many times!!! I drink 1 or 2 a day & if I feel I'm catching something I'll drink 3 or 4 & in a day it's gone! I love this stuff!! Anyways, i wanted everyone to tyr it if you want!! Zicam is also similar & works the same!! Love you!!       

Thanks Monken.  I'm going to try it.   I usually load up on Vitamin D and Zinc this time of year anyway.   I'm thinking my girls would like this too.   Maybe drop them in their water bottles...
I went over to the cake thread and saw your latest creations.   Awesome!   

CBB -  I hope you're feeling better soon, too.   
bananas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #839 on: December 20, 2009, 10:28:48 AM »

Hi Monkeys,

Hi Green Eyes,

What type of songs does she sing on her CD?  Just curious.

Hi bananas,

Gizzie is right Wild Hores is on the CD. It's really a mixture of songs. It has DayDream Believer, How Great Thou Are, Cry Me A River to Silent Night.

Good Morning Monkeys Hope everybody has a great Day. Everyone is staying Safe & Warm

Sounds like a good mixture of songs... better than I had expected I guess.  Thanks for the answer.

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>

Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me."
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.