May 21, 2024, 06:41:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Marie Cummings #25 10/2/09 - 10/9/09  (Read 498754 times)
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #820 on: October 07, 2009, 01:09:13 AM »

Hey ya'll, at the very bottom of Gizzies post did you catch the pumpkin scaring the trick or treat smiley?  I laughed so hard I wet my pants.  TMI, I know!  It caught me off guard.  Brandi did you do that?
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #821 on: October 07, 2009, 01:09:48 AM »

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/10/06/haleigh.cummings.father.divorce/index.html

"The police have been telling me that I've been keeping Misty under my wing and that's why she hasn't talked to the cops," Ronald Cummings told a "Nancy Grace" producer Tuesday. "So now, here you go, I divorced her. So now go find my baby."
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #822 on: October 07, 2009, 01:14:13 AM »

Hey ya'll, at the very bottom of Gizzies post did you catch the pumpkin scaring the trick or treat smiley?  I laughed so hard I wet my pants.  TMI, I know!  It caught me off guard.  Brandi did you do that?

No, I cannot take credit nor blame for that image in her sig line.

But I just put this together tonight Wink

Sorry for the O/T. I was just answering. Wink

melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #823 on: October 07, 2009, 01:23:33 AM »

No, I cannot take credit nor blame for that image in her sig line.

But I just put this together tonight Wink

Adorable Brandi, I apologize Klass for so far OT but it was too funny.  Nothing like a good ole belly laugh!  Night everyone.

Sorry for the O/T. I was just answering. Wink
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #824 on: October 07, 2009, 01:29:29 AM »

http://stephww.wordpress.com/

Misty dont want a divorce, she is gonna give Ron one so that the attention will go back to HaLeigh, she wants to get a job and go back to school...hmmm....she did things backward....that should have been where she was to begin with and she wouldnt be where she is now.

Do you think Misty can meet the requirements for Pre-k?

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
maureen
Scared Monkey

http://i380.photobucket.com/albums/oo242/Brandi-Mo

« Reply #825 on: October 07, 2009, 01:32:36 AM »

Greenwood talks about the 911 call and says '2:17am or 2am when we got the 911 call' (not exact quote)...he seems very articulate throughout this interview, is that the actual time of the first 911 call? we have heard that the 911 call disconnected more than once but in the 911 call we are privy to, I have never heard a disconnection and redail. Is this why they first dispatched to Croslin residence, which we still do not have confirmation on why officers were there when they were dispatched to Cummings home to search for HaLeigh?

"if I had a minute for every hour that I've wasted I'd be rich in time" JJ
ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #826 on: October 07, 2009, 02:18:38 AM »

any smart monkeys.....
what does RC's tat of mommy's name say under her name???

something MOM, I think

Gosh.. Somebody SLAP me, cuz.......... The word left of Mom, looks like

... an M ... and an ... i ... and an .... s ... and a

no I can't even type it.   

Thought I'd add my guess too. To me, it looks a lil scribbly, then the letters AKA Mom...Where the K is, it actually looks like a C, but I can make a K out of it too, especially if it was done freehand, after the Teresa part.

Dunno tho, just my guess. 
Played around with it on picnik a little.  Looks like a freehand script, pressed to hard & stop and started (notice the ink dots) but I think it is supposed to say Ronald's Mom. JMO

Evening/morning, everyone!  Jumping in with a guess on the tat.  It appears to me to be Neves in a free hand version of cursive.  Which makes me wonder why would grown man tatoo his mother's name on his chest?  The message, I think, is my heart belongs to my mom.  That or else he's thinking he's going to be killed at some point and he wants to make it easy for LE to notify his next of kin.   

Sorry to post and run, but my playtime is over and I'm off to nap.  Have a good one, everybody!

Forecast for the Day:
God is reigning and the Son is shining.
demonKatt
Scared Monkey

« Reply #827 on: October 07, 2009, 03:35:02 AM »

Personally, I think it is a scam or trick.  I will believe they are divorced when its done.  I think it may be to get 'people' talking about something else, and get them off  of accusing Misty.  It could be that Ronald is separating himself in case Misty 'goes down', but he didn't seem upset-he seemed amused.  Like he had a joke on everyone.

I read a lot, post infrequently..(very shy)..
Searching
Monkey Junky

Got my Anti Anthony Koolaid helmet on ,I'm ready!

« Reply #828 on: October 07, 2009, 03:37:35 AM »

TY Searching.  I'm guessing the 2:13 time on the call was an error as well as  TN last seeing Haleigh should have been GGMS.  He was really uncomfortable with answering some of those questions.  The clenching hands kept drawing my eyes.  It's nice to hear something from LE.  Misty is one tough girl imo.

That or he slipped and did an oops?

Searching
Monkey Junky

Got my Anti Anthony Koolaid helmet on ,I'm ready!

« Reply #829 on: October 07, 2009, 03:41:33 AM »

Greenwood talks about the 911 call and says '2:17am or 2am when we got the 911 call' (not exact quote)...he seems very articulate throughout this interview, is that the actual time of the first 911 call? we have heard that the 911 call disconnected more than once but in the 911 call we are privy to, I have never heard a disconnection and redail. Is this why they first dispatched to Croslin residence, which we still do not have confirmation on why officers were there when they were dispatched to Cummings home to search for HaLeigh?

good questions here. Is there another part of the 911 call we have not heard or was it an error? could this be a window into why LE is having such a difficult time cracking this case if they can not even keep track of what time the 911 call came in? I am sure he knew he would be interviewed and prepared himself with the facts of the case ahead of time....what are we NOT hearing.....

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #830 on: October 07, 2009, 06:27:10 AM »

Nancy Grace Transcripts  10/06/09
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0910/06/ng.01.html

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #831 on: October 07, 2009, 07:34:50 AM »

Good Morning Trim and All!

Haleigh Cummings' dad plans to file for divorce
By
Marva Hinton
@ October 7, 2009 7:10 AM Permalink | Comments (0)

Haleigh Cummings' father, Ronald Cummings, is divorcing his teenage bride, Misty Croslin Cummings.

She was the last person to see the five-year-old girl before she disappeared from the couple's home on February 9.

Ronald appeared on HLN's "Nancy Grace" Tuesday night to discuss the divorce. She asked if he wanted a divorce because he thought his wife was lying about what happened to Haleigh, but he denied that.

"It's hard enough to be a married couple, and then we can't go anywhere without being questioned or people staring at us, or anything like that," he said. "It's just too much on the relationship."

When pressed if that was the only reason, Ronald said it was part of it. Then he was asked about the inconsistencies in Misty's story.

"Ronald Cummings, did it ever disturb you that Misty Croslin's story actually changed?" Grace asked.

"Yes, ma'am, it did," Ronald replied.

Investigators say they don't believe Misty has told them everything she knows, but she maintains her innocence.

"They go out and look for the right person, maybe they would have the answers, but they're trying to get all the answers from me that I don't have," she said shortly after Haleigh went missing.

Misty and Ronald had been living together about six months when Haleigh disappeared. The two married in March.

http://wdbo.com/localnews/2009/10/haleigh-cummings-dad-plans-to.html

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #832 on: October 07, 2009, 07:37:03 AM »

Ronald and Misty Cummings Splitting Up
By
Rich Jones, News Director
@ October 7, 2009 6:23 AM Permalink | Comments (1)

The father of missing 6 year-old Haliegh Cummings is divorcing his wife Misty Croslin-Cummings.

"The two of us have agreed to go separate ways", Ronald Cummings told CNN's Nancy Grace Tuesday.

Cummings says he and Misty agreed to split up, partly related to his daughter's disappearance and Misty's story of what happened the night she went missing.

Ronald said another stress on their marriage is the difficulty they have going out in public.

He said he and Misty can't go anywhere without being questioned and scrutinized about his missing daughter.

Haleigh Cummings has been missing since early February.
http://wokv.com/localnews/2009/10/ronald-and-misty-cummings-spli.html

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #833 on: October 07, 2009, 07:41:12 AM »

Cummingses to split
HaLeigh's dad, his wife discuss divorce

By RICHARD PRIOR  |   More by this reporter  |  richard.prior@staugustine.com  |   Posted: Wednesday, October 7, 2009 ; Updated: 12:35 AM on Wednesday, October 7, 2009

One month after his 5-year-old daughter vanished, Ronald Cummings got engaged to his girlfriend, the last known person to see the little girl alive.

Four days later, Cummings and Misty Croslin were married.

Now, seven months later, the couple reportedly is on the verge of a divorce, overwhelmed by pressure from the public and the media.

"Nothing's been filed; there have just been discussions between them," said Ronald Cummings' lawyer, Brandon Beardsley, with Mowrey, Shoemaker, Beardsley in St. Augustine.

"They're making the decision," he added. "They're going to decide if it's in their best interest to separate and move forward ... or continue to try to make it work."

A formal petition may not have been filed yet, and a divorce may be no more than "a possibility."

But Beardsley expects it is inevitable.

"Misty and Ronald have been discussing it," he said. "They're amicable with each other. They're talking on a daily basis.

"But they're at a juncture in their marriage that it may be in both their best interests to move on and go their separate ways, to see if their lives change for the better.

"They truly love each other. They care about each other. But, in loving and caring for someone, you want to do what's best for them. If that's separating and moving on with your life, then that's what you have to do."

HaLeigh Ann-Marie Cummings was 5 years old when she disappeared from her father's blue doublewide trailer in the Hermit's Cove area of Putnam County the night of Feb. 9.

The little girl with blond ringlets was 3 feet tall and weighed 39 pounds.

She was happy, stubborn and smart, her father said.

Misty Croslin was at home with HaLeigh and Ronald Jr., Cummings' son, who turned 4 after his sister's disappearance.

Croslin told investigators she put HaLeigh to bed at 8 p.m. because it was a school night.

She said she last saw HaLeigh around 10 p.m. and went to bed herself between 10:30 and 11.

Croslin said she woke to get a drink of water shortly before 3:30 in the morning. She saw a light on in the kitchen. A cinderblock, or brick, had been laid against the back door, propping it open, she said.

She reported the disappearance to 911 Dispatch at the Putnam County Sheriff's Office at 3:27 the morning of Feb. 10, just as Cummings was getting home from work.

Misty Cummings' attorney, Robert Fields of Dowda & Fields in Palatka, said the divorce proceedings may prove to be amicable, but they're still painful for his client.

"It's safe to say it kind of surprised Misty, and I think it hurts a little," Fields said.

"Where is she going to go?" he asked. "What is she going to do? I'm not sure.

"She possibly will relocate to the Orlando area and get some help from some friends.

"But she has nobody of any substance in her life. Ronald has been the most stable thing in her life.

"Hopefully, she's resilient enough to start a new life."

The public appears to be stunned by news of a pending divorce, Beardsley said. But few marriages could withstand the stress of the last seven or eight months, particularly for couples so young.

Ronald Cummings turns 26 this month. His wife is 17.

"Since Feb. 10 they haven't been able to go to the grocery store; they haven't been able to go out to eat," he said. "They haven't been able to go out to the convenience store to get a bag of chips and a drink without being scrutinized by the public and by the media.

"There's not a day goes by that a journalist, a reporter, a camera crew doesn't show up at their front door, beating on it, trying to question them.

"My understanding is, if one of them goes out, away from the other one, it's not as bad. They don't get scrutinized as much. They're not noticed every time they're out.

"But when they're together, I guess, it's a lot easier for people to realize who they are."

Beardsley acknowledged that the Internet has been jammed with opinions about the case since the night HaLeigh disappeared.

He expects there will be plenty of bloggers who will insist Ronald Cummings is divorcing his wife because he is convinced she is involved.

But it's all guesswork on the bloggers' part, he said.

"There's going to be all types of speculation, absolutely," said Beardsley. "That's obviously going to be one of them.

"I'm confident Ronald will make a statement, and he'll be able to clear it up."
http://www.staugustine.com/stories/100709/news_2053534.shtml

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #834 on: October 07, 2009, 07:49:05 AM »

Attorney: Haleigh Cummings' father filing for divorce

By Philip Rosenbaum and Marlaina Schiavo
Nancy Grace producers

(CNN) -- The father of Haleigh Cummings, a Florida girl who disappeared in February, plans to file for divorce from the girl's stepmother, a key witness in the case, his attorneys told HLN's "Nancy Grace."
Ronald Cummings plans to divorce his wife, Misty, his attorney says.

The move follows weeks of reported tension between Ronald and Misty Cummings during the search for Haleigh, who was 5 when last seen.

In papers expected to be filed Tuesday, Ronald Cummings, 25, cites irreconcilable differences in ending his short marriage to his 17-year-old wife, said Terry Shoemaker, Ronald Cummings' attorney.

Haleigh went missing from her father's home in Satsuma, Florida, on February 9. Cummings has made several public pleas for information in her disappearance.

Misty Cummings, then known as Misty Croslin, was the last person known to have seen Haleigh the night she disappeared from the family's rented mobile home. The teenager said she tucked Haleigh and her 4-year-old brother into bed about 8 p.m. and went to sleep herself two hours later, but awoke at 3 a.m. to find the girl missing and a cinder block propping open a back door.

Ronald Cummings called police and reported his daughter missing when he returned from work at dawn.
Nancy Grace
Ronald Cummings talks to Nancy in an exclusive interview about his divorce.
8 and 10 p.m. ET, HLN
see full schedule »

Investigators have said they do not feel Misty Cummings has told them everything she knows.

"The police have been telling me that I've been keeping Misty under my wing and that's why she hasn't talked to the cops," Ronald Cummings told a "Nancy Grace" producer Tuesday. "So now, here you go, I divorced her. So now go find my baby." Video Watch Ronald Cummings speak to Nancy Grace »

The Putnam County Sheriff's office said in August that "the evidence and investigatory effort has minimized the likelihood that Haleigh's disappearance is the work of a stranger." Ronald Cummings and Crystal Sheffield, Haleigh's mother, are not considered suspects, police said.

"Investigators believe that Misty Croslin-Cummings continues to hold important answers in the case," the sheriff's office said in a written statement. "She has failed to provide any sort of detailed accounting of the hours during the late evening and early morning of Haleigh's disappearance. Furthermore, physical evidence at the scene contradicts Misty's sketchy account of her evening activities." Shoemaker said his client told Misty Cummings he wanted a divorce on Sunday, and that the a divorce agreement was drawn up Monday. The agreement was sent to Misty Cummings' lawyer for her signature.

"He really didn't come to us and say, 'I want to file for divorce,'" said another of Ronald Cummings' attorneys, Brandon Beardsley. "My understanding is that this is something that he and Misty have been discussing for the last few days and they're contemplating it because they ultimately feel that it is in the best interest for both of them."

Misty Cummings' attorney, Robert Fields, told CNN he has not talked with his client and doesn't know her thoughts regarding the divorce. Fields said he had received the papers via e-mail but had not had a chance to review them. Asked what he thought the divorce would mean for the search for Haleigh, he said, "Probably nothing."

"You have to understand that ever since Haleigh went missing, they have been scrutinized," Beardsley said of the Cummingses. "They can't go out to dinner, can't even go to the convenience store to get a drink. ... The pressure of everything that is going on, the allegations and speculation, has been a stress on the relationship.

The two lived together for about six months before marrying in March. The divorce agreement provides no financial terms, according to Shoemaker.
advertisement

On Monday, Misty Cummings left Satsuma to stay with a friend in Orlando, 50 miles south, Shoemaker said.

Ronald Cummings, father of missing Haleigh Cummings talks to Nancy in an exclusive interview about his divorce from his wife, Misty, tonight at 8 on HLN.
http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/10/06/haleigh.cummings.father.divorce/

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #835 on: October 07, 2009, 07:53:30 AM »

Attorneys: Haleigh's father to divorce Misty

By Kristin Chambers
Published: Wednesday, October 7, 2009 1:04 AM EDT

Ronald Cummings and Misty Croslin-Cummings may be planning a divorce just seven months after they tied the knot and eight months after Cummings' 6-year-old daughter, Haleigh Cummings, disappeared from her Satsuma home.

"There have been discussions that it may be best for both of them to move on," Brandon Beardsley, family law attorney for Ronald Cummings, said. "Everything surrounding their relationship since Feb. 10 has strained it, as it would with any marriage.

"I anticipate that they will come to an agreement and there will be an uncontested dissolution filed and that they will go their separate ways," he added.

No paperwork had been filed or signed, he said.

"I anticipate it happening in the near future," Beardsley said.

Robert Fields, Croslin's attorney, confirmed the couple's split.

"It is our understanding Ronald will be filing for divorce," Fields said.

Croslin was babysitting Haleigh the night she vanished. Investigators have said she has been inconsistent during questioning.

"It has nothing to do with Ronald thinking that Misty had anything to do with it," Beardsley said.

Croslin reported Haleigh missing at 3:27 a.m. on Feb. 10 near the time her then-boyfriend, Ronald, was returning home from work.

The couple married about a month after Haleigh's disappearance.

For their honeymoon, they were invited to New York to appear on NBC's "Today Show."

Lt. Johnny Greenwood, spokesman for the Putnam County Sheriff's Office, said the divorce would not affect the search for Haleigh.

"We are not going to let civil issues between the family affect how we conduct this investigation," Greenwood said.

No additional questioning has been planned for Croslin following a split.

"If the opportunity arises and she wants to speak with us, we will speak with her again," Greenwood said.

kchambers@palatkadailynews.com
http://www.palatkadailynews.com/articles/2009/10/07/news/news01.txt

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #836 on: October 07, 2009, 08:08:47 AM »

WATTS UP WITH THIS???

MISTY CUMMINGS EXCLUSIVE: ”I feel like this has all been a game, and I have been played.”

October 6, 2009 by Steph

Misty Cummings3

After another day of being talked about in the media, Misty Cummings speaks out exclusively to me and reacts to rumors about the divorce, her involvement in the disappearance of Haleigh and what “lies” ahead.

I asked her why she and Ronald are getting divorced.

“I don’t know why, I don’t want a divorce, I love Ron and his children.”

What did Ronald tell you was the reason he wanted a divorce?

“Ronald told me he wants a divorce because of my family, what law enforcement is saying, and everyone else who is telling lies about me. Again I really don’t know why, but I’m going to give him the divorce, and I’m not going to fight him in any way. I want the focus back on Haleigh and not on the divorce.”

When I asked about visiting law enforcement she detailed what that visit entailed.

“I was there to tell them where I was staying, and tell them how to reach me. I was there for about an hour yesterday before I left for Orlando. I just listened as they talked and never asked me any questions.”

What did they say to you?

“I can’t talk about that right now.”

What is your reaction to the beating you are taking on shows like Nancy Grace?

She responded, “Stop turning this into a soap opera and focus on finding Haleigh.”

What’s next for you — what are your plans now??

“I want to get a job and go back to school, put some normalcy back in my life. I will continue to help LE in any way I can.”

Tonight, on a cable news show, you were accused of changing your story — how do you respond?

“My story has not changed, just cause I don’t always use the exact same words to tell the story, that’s all.

Misty is definitely feeling the pressure of this intense media attention. She sounded weary and fragile. I have a feeling this will all come to an end soon. Will bring you more tommorow. Don’t shoot the messanger.
STAY TUNED…

MISTY CUMMINGS SPEAKS TO ME EXCLUSIVLEY: RONALD CUMMINGS FILES FOR DIVORCE
October 5, 2009 by Steph

Misty Cummings3

EXCLUSIVE: MISTY CUMMINGS SPEAKS OUT; RONALD CUMMINGS FILES FOR DIVORCE
She’s not “in hiding,” she’s not “on vacation” and she’s certainly not “running from the law.” Tonight, I had the chance to speak directly with Misty Cummings. She talked to me exclusivley, and she wants to begin to clear a few things up. Misty is reluctant to speak because she is concerned of the repercussions from the Cummings family, and what she refers to as “the twisting of her words in the media.” It’s being reported on cable news, (and in Misty’s defense, she is taking a beating every night on the networks, in particular Nancy Grace), that she has “run off” or “is on vacation” and refused to speak to police. Well, tonight I have learned that Misty did go to Orlando with a friend and, before they left, they stopped by the Putnam County Sherrif’s Dept. to check in. Misty claims she told the police where they were going, even giving them the address and phone numbers of where she can be reached in case anything breaks in the case, or they need to reach her. Misty needed to get away from the goings on in Satsuma as she grips with the news that her marriage to Ronald is over. I have learned exclusively, and Misty confirmed for me, that Ronald has filed for divorce. “It because of my family” Misty told me.

Perhaps it is the best thing for her, as she struggles with constantly being pressured to tell the truth about what happened that night, when she insists that she is telling the truth. I have promised to let her tell her side of the story, and clear up any discrepancies that are out there, and perhaps shed a little more light on what happened the night little Haleigh disappeared.

Perhaps now more than ever, no one wants closure to this nightmare more than Misty. And perhaps now because certain people involved in this case are now safe, and away from what they perceived as a dangerous situation, they will feel better about coming forward. And perhaps now, with this new development and the camps (families) involved divided, the focus of the investigation, and the media attention, will shift back to finding Haleigh. Stay tuned. This is the first in a series of interviews I will be conducting with Misty and posting over the next few days.

Heart
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #837 on: October 07, 2009, 08:29:46 AM »

good questions here. Is there another part of the 911 call we have not heard or was it an error? could this be a window into why LE is having such a difficult time cracking this case if they can not even keep track of what time the 911 call came in? I am sure he knew he would be interviewed and prepared himself with the facts of the case ahead of time....what are we NOT hearing.....

I believe the 2:17am call is when they showed up to Croslin residence.  Misty could've had them go there first for whatever reason.  Wrong address, buying time maybe or she thought her bro or cousin took her and just had the LE show up without telling them why.  That would point to her beng abducted while Misty is asleep or taken while Misty was partying.  I say she was out and left HaLeigh home and someone who knew she was gone took her.  All IMO of course.  The person who took her could've put her in the dumpster and run to get the van,  retrieved body and drove off and hid her.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #838 on: October 07, 2009, 08:30:08 AM »

Thanks for all the updates,Heart.   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #839 on: October 07, 2009, 08:45:44 AM »

GRACE: With me right now, exclusively, Ronald Cummings. Taking your calls. Now, that`s brave. Not just talking to the police but talking to the country, live.

Ronald, Mike Brooks makes an excellent point. Why won`t she come and sit down with police and talk to them?

R. CUMMINGS: That, Miss Nancy, I can`t answer for you. I`m sure that maybe her attorney can answer it for you. And hopefully that she will.

GRACE: Uh-uh. Uh-uh. No. You have to have talked to her about talking to the police. What did she say?

R. CUMMINGS: We have talked to her about talking to the police.

GRACE: What did she say?

R. CUMMINGS: She said she`s talked to them.

GRACE: They want to talk to her again. Why won`t she do it?

R. CUMMINGS: I have no knowledge of them wanting to talk to her where she wouldn`t do it.

GRACE: OK. Let`s go to Terry Shoemaker, attorney for Haleigh`s father, Ronald Cummings. OK. You know, I know, the police know, the rest of the country knows the police want to talk to Misty Croslin. It`s not a secret. So how can she say with a straight face that she does not know they want to talk to her?

Please enlighten me, Mr. Shoemaker. You`ve got a good reputation.

TERRY SHOEMAKER, ATTORNEY FOR HALEIGH`S FATHER, RONALD CUMMINGS, ANNOUNCING DIVORCE: Right. Well, I think everyone knows that the police would love to sit down and talk with her. It`s my guess that probably her attorney isn`t allowing her to do that, which, you know, isn`t uncommon in this type of situation.

GRACE: OK. Back to you, Cummings. Your lawyer knows police want to talk to her. So do not lie to me. You`ve never lied to me before to my knowledge. Don`t tell me you didn`t know police want to talk to her again. We all know it. We`ve talked about it on this show, on national TV.

Now, I`m telling you, police want to talk to her. Now, why is she back in Orlando and not speaking to police?

R. CUMMINGS: That I`m not sure, Miss Nancy. I already told you the same as what Terry said. It`s probably due to her attorney, his advice.

BRANDON BEARDSLEY, FAMILY LAW ATTORNEY FOR RONALD CUMMINGS, MOWREY, SHOEMAKER & BEARDSLEY: She actually -- stopped by the Putnam County Sheriff`s Department today to inform them of where she`s going and where she`ll want to be if they wanted to speak to her.

GRACE: You know what? I didn`t get that whole thing. With me -- let me introduce you. Brandon Beardsley, family law attorney representing Ronald. Repeat, sir?

BEARDSLEY: My understanding is before she left for Orlando that she stopped by the Putnam County Sheriff`s Department and reported in and told them where she was going if they needed her.

GRACE: Did they try to question her?

BEARDSLEY: I don`t represent Misty. That was.

GRACE: Did they try to question her at that time?

BEARDSLEY: Not to my knowledge. All I know is what I was told. And of course it`s hearsay. But I was told from a reliable source that she did check in.

GRACE: Well, Mr. Beardsley.

BEARDSLEY: . before she left town. Yes, ma`am?

GRACE: Mr. Beardsley, this is not a court of law. So you know.

BEARDSLEY: I understand that.

GRACE: You don`t have to make your own objection on hearsay. All right? So I find it very difficult to believe that she was at the police station and nobody threw a question at her. But who knows? For all I know she went in and.

BEARDSLEY: Well, they can`t.

GRACE: . told a secretary.

BEARDSLEY: If she goes in and her attorney`s not there and they know she`s represented they can`t just question her. You know that.

GRACE: Well, you know -- yes, Mr. Beardsley. I know that. But when someone voluntarily marches alone into the police station. Repeat, voluntarily. Certainly you know, Mr. Beardsley, that even when one is represented by counsel if they voluntarily speak to police that is admissible in a court of law. Yes, no?

BEARDSLEY: Yes, ma`am. You are correct. But.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0910/06/ng.01.html

When I asked about visiting law enforcement she detailed what that visit entailed.

“I was there to tell them where I was staying, and tell them how to reach me. I was there for about an hour yesterday before I left for Orlando. I just listened as they talked and never asked me any questions.”

What did they say to you?

“I can’t talk about that right now.”

Lt. Johnny Greenwood, spokesman for the Putnam County Sheriff's Office, said the divorce would not affect the search for Haleigh.

"We are not going to let civil issues between the family affect how we conduct this investigation," Greenwood said.

No additional questioning has been planned for Croslin following a split.

"If the opportunity arises and she wants to speak with us, we will speak with her again," Greenwood said.

http://www.palatkadailynews.com/articles/2009/10/07/news/news01.txt

Heart
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.