May 03, 2024, 10:15:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony- MURDER TRIAL/JURY SELECTION - DAY 4 - 5/12/11  (Read 170778 times)
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1300 on: May 12, 2011, 07:43:58 PM »

Wait a minute, is the judge going to allow or not allow "death in a can" to be used in court as evidence to be presented to the jury?
I'm not sure.  Ashton used the word "if" when discussing this.  Does it boil down to the air sample test, if allowed, whether they will be able to get a whiff themselves?    I thought I heard awhile back that they would never subject a juror to something as horrible as the smell of human decomp.

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1301 on: May 12, 2011, 07:44:31 PM »

Wait a minute, is the judge going to allow or not allow "death in a can" to be used in court as evidence to be presented to the jury?

If the prosecution is going to try and crack open a can, then they better be prepared with case law and then JP will "consider" it, but is sounds like he's not going to allow it.

It's all in the way they present it.

I believe what he means is there are 4 parts they have to satisfy before he can permit it.  He said he doesn't know if they can do that as he is unaware of any case law to back it up.

Also, they have to present it as to not make they jurors witnesses.

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1302 on: May 12, 2011, 07:45:00 PM »

CJBP has limited each side to 30 min. ea. for voir dire.
uh..oh. Hope that doesn't come back and bite on an appeal.

Both sides agreed on the amount of time

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1303 on: May 12, 2011, 07:45:03 PM »

If the prosecution is going to try and crack open a can, then they better be prepared with case law and then JP will "consider" it, but is sounds like he's not going to allow it.

Yikes, I have had a similar experience, they best get the buckets out if they allow jurors to smell humna decomp, OMG, it would permiate the entire courtroom. I would tend to think they can have an expert witness testify that human decomp and a pizza do not smell the same.

Although I am thinking they should make Casey smell the trunk.
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1304 on: May 12, 2011, 07:45:42 PM »

OK, Im off to do other things...cyas in the morning, if not later

JUSTICE FOR CAYLEE  an angelic monkey

tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1305 on: May 12, 2011, 07:46:26 PM »

KC seemed to be fine in court today.

I'm wondering if Baez went to see her last night and they "sorta" worked it out?
Several of us think she was sedated today.  Her body language, her eyes, no primping, nothing really.

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1306 on: May 12, 2011, 07:47:01 PM »

I believe what he means is there are 4 parts they have to satisfy before he can permit it.  He said he doesn't know if they can do that as he is unaware of any case law to back it up.

Further- Aston (?) quiclky responded that all the jurors know what garbage smells like- they can determine this isn't a garbage smell- so they have to turn it around in order to get those cans in for the juror to whiff.

ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

Sorry Caylee, the jury took your day away.

« Reply #1307 on: May 12, 2011, 07:47:01 PM »

I'm not sure.  Ashton used the word "if" when discussing this.  Does it boil down to the air sample test, if allowed, whether they will be able to get a whiff themselves?    I thought I heard awhile back that they would never subject a juror to something as horrible as the smell of human decomp.

JMO, but how I understood it was that Jeff (State) have pieces of tire in cans.  They want to have the jurors smell it.  This has nothing to do with the air tests.  They need to show JBP case law that it should be allowed and he is not allowing them to ask the potential jurors if they can handle smells, FOR NOW ANYWAY.  I don't think Jeff was saying they were going to ask the jurors opinions, just to let them smell it.

IMO, they take jurors to crime scenes all the time, like Scott Peterson's boat, houses where people were murdered, why not let them smell a piece of a tire? 

Thank you for my avi Brandi!

The jury wanted to go home, so a killer goes free.
ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1308 on: May 12, 2011, 07:48:21 PM »

I'm wondering if Baez went to see her last night and they "sorta" worked it out?
Several of us think she was sedated today.  Her body language, her eyes, no primping, nothing really.

I don't know, she was less figedy, but she didn't have to listen to the charges being read again.  She seems really PO'd to me today. 

ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1309 on: May 12, 2011, 07:49:07 PM »

And they only asked 3 people if she was guilty so far and the break in between was so long that there was plenty of time to recover. 

Magic Eyes
Monkey Junky

Casper misses Brandi :)

« Reply #1310 on: May 12, 2011, 07:50:36 PM »

Red, I just love the "death in a can".  I have enjoyed all of your posts today, like another monkey said, you certainly have a way with words.

"DEATH IN A CAN" ", I hope the prosecution finds a way to bring it in.  If not a field trip to the car would be just fine.  I am quite sure it still reeks.

It is so heartwarming to see you up in the rafters.  It is because of you that we are all together and I am humbled by you and Klaas and the other moderators.  You give so much to make a safe home for us and it is appreciated more than you will ever know.

Hugs, Magic   

Hugs, Magic 

"Dear God." she cried out, "look at all the suffering and injustice in the world. Why don't you send help?" God responded,"I did send help, I sent you."
Monkeys will never give up on justice. an angelic monkey
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1311 on: May 12, 2011, 07:50:57 PM »

Thanks for the explanation.

I know I'm over-simplifying - but - you show deceased photos - and that's called "evidence" (not making a juror a withness)
so a can with smell in it that is proven to be a carpet sample, etc., from KC's car - why wouldn't that be "evidence", too?

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1312 on: May 12, 2011, 07:51:20 PM »

And they only asked 3 people if she was guilty so far and the break in between was so long that there was plenty of time to recover. 
True!  But look at how she has been at every hearing, then compare all of those to her actions today.  Completely different, like night and day, to me. jmoo

Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1313 on: May 12, 2011, 07:51:53 PM »

US CASEY ANTHONY~

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1314 on: May 12, 2011, 07:51:55 PM »

about 30 pages behind...is there live stream anywhere? I tried 2 different ones and it is weather and nothing..thanks

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1315 on: May 12, 2011, 07:52:00 PM »

I had to step away for a bit.

Did they finish for the day?  Are we in court tomorrow at 8:30am?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1316 on: May 12, 2011, 07:52:22 PM »

about 30 pages behind...is there live stream anywhere? I tried 2 different ones and it is weather and nothing..thanks

I think they are done for the day.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #1317 on: May 12, 2011, 07:53:05 PM »

I thought the same today, and had wondered last night if her theatrics in the courtroom had been in an effort to get some "anti anxiety" medications.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Airlinemonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1318 on: May 12, 2011, 07:53:35 PM »

I think "Valium kitty" made a visit to her in jail last night....
ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1319 on: May 12, 2011, 07:54:00 PM »

Cookie, it ended for today.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.