May 13, 2024, 07:05:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #119 3/30/09 - 4/03/09  (Read 229300 times)
Tevye
Monkey Junky

Burn, baby, burn...'Ol Sparky is waiting for you!

« Reply #820 on: April 01, 2009, 11:55:00 AM »

Tevye has fallen and can't get up ... must send for help. The doctor is in. 

Awws thats such a cute picture

IDK now that I look at it the Dr. Monkey looks a little creepy -- like "Lee creepy."

Sorry Tevye, I'll have to find a non-creepy doctor to rescue you.

Will be needing mouth to mouth in 3 2 1 ...
*pant*  *pant* !pant! Yes, I need mouth-to-mouth STAT! And will be needing it for quite some time! Thanks ever so much!!!!!!!!

Remember Ladies, get the damm mamm!     Thanks, Brandi!
goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

Good grief! It's Charlie Brown.

« Reply #821 on: April 01, 2009, 11:57:45 AM »

Breaking News! Lee was able to bend a cardboard sign today without his mommy's help. 

April Fool's! He still needs his mommy to bend the big bad sign and to scare away the monsters. 

Ahh, that never gets old.

I remember you, Caylee.
seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #822 on: April 01, 2009, 12:03:20 PM »

Baez to question Casey Anthony's childhood friend

Amy L. Edwards and Sarah Lundy | Sentinel Staff Writer
    10:49 AM EDT, April 1, 2009

Casey Anthony's childhood friend, Kiomarie Torres Cruz, is being questioned under oath today by defense lawyer Jose Baez.

The deposition, which is occurring at the State Attorney's Office, is not open to the public.

According to investigative reports released earlier in the state's case against Anthony, Cruz told authorities that Anthony wanted to put her baby up for adoption.

Cruz told Anthony she would be interested in adopting the unborn child because she couldn't have children herself.

Cruz also said she thought Anthony was bipolar.

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011</a>
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #823 on: April 01, 2009, 12:04:59 PM »

Baez to question Casey Anthony's childhood friend

Amy L. Edwards and Sarah Lundy | Sentinel Staff Writer
    10:49 AM EDT, April 1, 2009

Casey Anthony's childhood friend, Kiomarie Torres Cruz, is being questioned under oath today by defense lawyer Jose Baez.

The deposition, which is occurring at the State Attorney's Office, is not open to the public.

According to investigative reports released earlier in the state's case against Anthony, Cruz told authorities that Anthony wanted to put her baby up for adoption.

Cruz told Anthony she would be interested in adopting the unborn child because she couldn't have children herself.

Cruz also said she thought Anthony was bipolar.

Well, if Kio Marie is true to form she'll let some info out about what she was asked

seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #824 on: April 01, 2009, 12:06:26 PM »

Anthony's Childhood Friend Faces Deposition
Baez Files Motion For Confidentiality

POSTED: 8:52 am EDT April 1, 2009
UPDATED: 9:09 am EDT April 1, 2009

ORLANDO, Fla. -- A childhood friend of Casey Anthony will face some tough questions on Wednesday.

Kiomarie Cruz is scheduled for a deposition with Anthony's attorney, Jose Baez.

Another friend of Anthony's, Amy Huzienga, was also planned to attend a deposition, but her deposition was postponed.

Aside from the depositions, Baez filed a motion asking that sensitive matters critical to the defense remain confidential.

On the way to a deposition hearing, Baez wouldn't say much about defense theories he's developing. He's asking Judge Stan Strickland to allow him to keep the matters confidential.

"I'm not going to discuss the details of that. I think that's for the court to decide, and I'll leave it at that," Baez said.

Baez filed a motion to keep his efforts to gather evidence a secret. He called the matter critical to the defense.

From the beginning, Baez has said he has information that would explain why Anthony failed to report her daughter's disappearance for more than one month and why he believes she's not guilty of the toddler's murder.

However, legal experts still wonder if Strickland will allow the motion.

"He still has an obligation to disclose them to the state attorney," defense attorney Richard Hornsby said.

Hornsby said Baez can keep his theories secret, but he can't keep subpoenaed records from the state or the person whose records he's seeking.

Hornsby said the plan could backfire if prosecutors learn what records Baez wants.

"Sometimes I subpoena multiple things so that the most important one isn't obvious. In some ways, he's raising a big red flag," Hornsby said.

Baez wouldn't say whether he's confident that Strickland will grant his motion.

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011</a>
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #825 on: April 01, 2009, 12:08:40 PM »

According to live at noon West2 report Kio Marie did not comment when arriving for her deposition this morning.  Baez is commenting on his way in to the State Attorneys office where Cruz is being deposed.  Bob Kealing "is it true that Kio Marie sold her story to the National Enquirer?"   Baez  "That is one of the things we're gonna find out..."  "well, your credibility is only questioned if you change your statement."

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #826 on: April 01, 2009, 12:11:00 PM »

No word of a doc dum today     Doesn't look likely that it will happen today as the media would have picked it up in the morning to go thru it...grrrrrr   WTH is the hold up!

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #827 on: April 01, 2009, 12:14:38 PM »

Casey's Friend Who Sold Story Questioned By Baez

Posted: 11:42 am EDT April 1, 2009Updated: 12:08 pm EDT April 1, 2009
ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- A longtime friend was testifying under oath Wednesday in the case against Casey Anthony. Defense attorney Jose Baez questioned Casey's childhood friend, Kiomarie Cruz. She is best known for selling her story to a tabloid.

Cruz made a lot of money selling her story to the National Enquirer. She sold her story for $20,000 and sources say that takes away from her credibility.   (Hmmm I thought it was a reported $10,000 - where is the proof of what she was paid?)

The deposition happened Wednesday inside the State Attorney's Office in downtown Orlando. Cruz showed up for her scheduled deposition with a bodyguard leading the way. She's accused of selling her story the National Enquirer, but Wednesday she didn't feel like answering any questions.

Casey Anthony's attorney, Jose Baez, scheduled the private deposition to pry information out of Cruz.

"The more information we have, the closer we get to the truth," Baez said.

Cruz told the National Enquirer the spot where Caylee's body was found is the same area where she and Anthony spent lots of time. Cruz said Anthony used the land as a pet cemetery. Cruz said the two would wear black dresses and pray as they buried their dead pets.

That tip led the Anthony's private investigators to the site.

"When you take all the facts, we're in the process of investigating a lot of facts, really taking time to prepare based on information we have and piecing it all together," Baez said.

Cruz insists she told police about her tip. The deposition was completed before noon.

At least three more corrections officers will be interrogated by Casey's defense team Thursday, along with the Anthonys' former private investigator, Jim Hoover. Orange County Sheriff's Office investigators will be questioned on Friday.

http://www.wftv.com/news/19064502/detail.html

Western Observr
Monkey Junky

« Reply #828 on: April 01, 2009, 12:17:54 PM »

I'm glad someone takes lying to the police and protecting a murderer seriously.
Hopefully this will happen to Cindy Anthony when all is said and done.
It seems to be the accepted thing on TV here that of course the parents will lie to protect their daughter..... no repercussions expected.... 
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/merseyside/7976436.stm
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #829 on: April 01, 2009, 12:19:19 PM »

BIG BREAKING NEWS - heee I was right! 

Judge denies Baez's Ex
Parte motion

Last Edited: Wednesday, 01 Apr 2009, 12:06 PM EDT
Created On: Wednesday, 01 Apr 2009, 12:04 PM EDT

ORLANDO, Fla. - Circuit Court Judge Stan Strickland has denied Jose Baez's motion to seek Ex Parte hearing.

In Strickland’s order denying the motion, he wrote that Baez’s request to discuss sensitive matters off camera was not possible as a part of a particular Florida Criminal rule.

That rule provides that an in camera inspection and an ex parte proceeding are not one and the same, and an ex parte proceeding is only proper where permitted by law.

Strickland wrote that no legal authority has been provided to allow such a hearing under the circumstances filed in Baez’s motion.

WOOT WOOT!!!!!!

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #830 on: April 01, 2009, 12:20:00 PM »

Judge denies Baez's Ex
Parte motion

ORLANDO, Fla. - Circuit Court Judge Stan Strickland has denied Jose Baez's motion to seek Ex Parte hearing.

In Strickland’s order denying the motion, he wrote that Baez’s request to discuss sensitive matters off camera was not possible as a part of a particular Florida Criminal rule.

That rule provides that an in camera inspection and an ex parte proceeding are not one and the same, and an ex parte proceeding is only proper where permitted by law.

Strickland wrote that no legal authority has been provided to allow such a hearing under the circumstances filed in Baez’s motion.

WOOT WOOT!!!!!!

oopsies was so excited I forgot to copy/paste the link
http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/local/040109ex_parte_denied

Western Observr
Monkey Junky

« Reply #831 on: April 01, 2009, 12:20:33 PM »

Hello Monkeys and welcome new Monkeys

Just thinking out loud here about why JB wants a private meeting with the judge

Could it be that they are going to try and get KIO's medical records and show that she really really wanted a baby and she was jealous of casey and casey made her mad or something
Didn't it come out early that KIO had caseys car or it was parked at her house?

Thanks to all monkeys

Monkey hugs

Desperation. Anywhere they can fling some mud will do.
It only takes one jury to think "It could happen".
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #832 on: April 01, 2009, 12:23:22 PM »

OT

Birthday thread for mymonkey

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4796.new#new

Birthday thread for AprilShowers

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4797.msg747482#msg747482

Ya'll go there and give big monkey birthday wishes! 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #833 on: April 01, 2009, 12:23:40 PM »

Judge denies Baez's Ex
Parte motion

WOOT WOOT!!!!!!

Monkey Dance!!!!!!!!!!!!!  In your face JB!  Memo to JB and sindy:  You are not special - stop making fools of yourself by asking.
Oh the irony of the day speaks to the biggest April Fool !
Glad, I pulled my joke early, might have had to find a new joke as the judge almost trumped me! LOL
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #834 on: April 01, 2009, 12:26:06 PM »

A smart monkey yesterday caught this live - please forgive me for forgetting who, but this is VERY INTERESTING.  SPILL THE BEANS WILLIAMS.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: I just have a question. If Caylee`s father really died and how money-hungry Casey is, did no one find it strange that she didn`t try to get Social Security for her or go after a life insurance policy or contact the father`s parents to get money?

GRACE: Well, I for one, find it extremely unusual. Mark Williams, was there ever a Social Security claim on Caylee regarding the death of her father?

WILLIAMS: Not that we know of because he signed off all his paternal rights to Casey (SIC) when Caylee was born.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0903/31/ng.01.html
    TELL US WHAT YOU KNOW _ NOW!!!

This statement about the father signing off rights when Caylee was born bothered me. I have been researching paternal rights in Florida and found that unmarried (Putative) fathers basically can not just sign off rights at the birth of a child.  The Putative father must file a claim of paternity with a DNA sample, where conception happened, as well as some other physical details to be determined the bio father.  The mother can file a claim to have paternal rights of the father terminated without notifying the father.  If the termination of rights is filed before the putative registry is filed the father is screwed.  The only obligation the state has is to check against their Putative Father Registry to see if there is a father claim registered and notify that person if on file.  The way I interpret this is the mother has all the power and the father signs away nothing.  Without making a filing to be on the Putative Father Registry there are no rights to sign away.

63.054  Actions required by an unmarried biological father to establish parental rights; Florida Putative Father Registry.--

The claim of paternity form shall be signed by the unmarried biological father and must include his name, address, date of birth, and physical description. In addition, the registrant shall provide, if known, the name, address, date of birth, and physical description of the mother; the date, place, and location of conception of the child; and the name, date, and place of birth of the child or estimated date of birth of the expected minor child, if known. The claim of paternity form shall be signed under oath by the registrant.

To Terminate Paternal rights:

(7)  In each proceeding for termination of parental rights or each adoption proceeding filed under this chapter, the petitioner must contact the Office of Vital Statistics of the Department of Health by submitting an application for a search of the Florida Putative Father Registry. The petitioner shall provide the same information, if known, on the search application form which the registrant is required to furnish under subsection (3). Thereafter, the Office of Vital Statistics must issue a certificate signed by the State Registrar certifying:

(a)  The identity and contact information, if any, for each registered unmarried biological father whose information matches the search request sufficiently so that such person may be considered a possible father of the subject child; or

(b)  That a diligent search has been made of the registry of registrants who may be the unmarried biological father of the subject child and that no matching registration has been located in the registry.

This certificate must be filed with the court in the proceeding to terminate parental rights or the adoption proceeding. If a termination of parental rights and an adoption proceeding are being adjudicated simultaneously, the Florida Putative Father Registry need only be searched once.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=Ch0063/SEC054.HTM&Title=->2006->Ch0063->Section%20054#0063.054

Tevye
Monkey Junky

Burn, baby, burn...'Ol Sparky is waiting for you!

« Reply #835 on: April 01, 2009, 12:26:43 PM »

Judge denies Baez's Ex
Parte motion

WOOT WOOT!!!!!!

I know, I know, stacks are bad, but this is such great news, it bears stacking!!!

Remember Ladies, get the damm mamm!     Thanks, Brandi!
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #836 on: April 01, 2009, 12:28:13 PM »

Judge denies Baez's Ex
Parte motion

WOOT WOOT!!!!!!

Monkey Dance!!!!!!!!!!!!!  In your face JB!  Memo to JB and sindy:  You are not special - stop making fools of yourself by asking.
Oh the irony of the day speaks to the biggest April Fool !
Glad, I pulled my joke early, might have had to find a new joke as the judge almost trumped me! LOL

Im breaking out in song....

EVERYBODY PLAYS A FOOL, SOMETIMES
NO EXCEPTION TO THE RULE, LISTEN BOZO!
IT MAY BE FACTUAL, IT MAY BE CRUEL, I AINT LYING
BOZO PLAYS THE FOOL
....my take on Aaron Neville's hit[/color]

PookyBear
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #837 on: April 01, 2009, 12:31:53 PM »

Judge denies Baez's Ex
Parte motion

WOOT WOOT!!!!!!

I keep wondering why most of his motions never have case law cited in them?  Anyway, glad to see this -- Good afternoon everyone.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #838 on: April 01, 2009, 12:33:52 PM »

Casey's Friend Who Sold Story Questioned By Baez

Posted: 11:42 am EDT April 1, 2009Updated: 12:08 pm EDT April 1, 2009
ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- A longtime friend was testifying under oath Wednesday in the case against Casey Anthony. Defense attorney Jose Baez questioned Casey's childhood friend, Kiomarie Cruz. She is best known for selling her story to a tabloid.

Cruz made a lot of money selling her story to the National Enquirer. She sold her story for $20,000 and sources say that takes away from her credibility.   (Hmmm I thought it was a reported $10,000 - where is the proof of what she was paid?)

The deposition happened Wednesday inside the State Attorney's Office in downtown Orlando. Cruz showed up for her scheduled deposition with a bodyguard leading the way. She's accused of selling her story the National Enquirer, but Wednesday she didn't feel like answering any questions.

Casey Anthony's attorney, Jose Baez, scheduled the private deposition to pry information out of Cruz.

"The more information we have, the closer we get to the truth," Baez said.

Cruz told the National Enquirer the spot where Caylee's body was found is the same area where she and Anthony spent lots of time. Cruz said Anthony used the land as a pet cemetery. Cruz said the two would wear black dresses and pray as they buried their dead pets.

That tip led the Anthony's private investigators to the site.

"When you take all the facts, we're in the process of investigating a lot of facts, really taking time to prepare based on information we have and piecing it all together," Baez said.

Cruz insists she told police about her tip. The deposition was completed before noon.

At least three more corrections officers will be interrogated by Casey's defense team Thursday, along with the Anthonys' former private investigator, Jim Hoover. Orange County Sheriff's Office investigators will be questioned on Friday.

http://www.wftv.com/news/19064502/detail.html

I thought the psychic lead the investigators to the site.  Or maybe the psychic gets all her "feelings" from the NE.
GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #839 on: April 01, 2009, 12:34:47 PM »

Google Alert - Mystery behind Casey's Lollipop!!!

http://www.cayleedaily.com/2009/03/casey-anthony-and-ecstasy-the-mystery-behind-the-lollipop/

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.