May 17, 2024, 10:05:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #647 6/25 - 6/26/2007  (Read 164946 times)
greeneyedlady
Monkey Junky

« Reply #820 on: June 27, 2007, 09:54:04 PM »

Quote from: "Sam"
GEL,

According to my TV guide which is cst says Haunting 9PM and then Psychic 9:30 Pm channel says Court in my TV guide.

I do not get that channel.

Thanks Sam-I get the channel,but last week it was raining and was trying to record the Natalee episode and my dish was off most of the time.Any little thunder,lightning and rain it goes out. Evil or Very Mad

"No man has a good enough memory to make a successful liar" Abraham Lincoln
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #821 on: June 27, 2007, 09:54:21 PM »

Quote from: "greeneyedlady"
Quote from: "bleachedblack"

Thank you too BB-I'm saving this link to the poster itself-it may come in handy again.

GEL - from Pita's link above.  Here is Scubajap's post referencing the Hootie poster. Thanks Pita!

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o100/klaasen3/ScubajapHootiePoster.jpg
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #822 on: June 27, 2007, 09:56:04 PM »

BB ... THANK YOU!

I have never seen a "Call Me Hootie" posters.  The link you provided is definitely a Tamikomom's keeper.  Laughing

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Pita
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #823 on: June 27, 2007, 09:56:23 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"

Thank you too BB-I'm saving this link to the poster itself-it may come in handy again.

GEL - from Pita's link above.  Here is Scubajap's post referencing the Hootie poster. Thanks Pita!

Your welcome, Klaas.  Smile
greeneyedlady
Monkey Junky

« Reply #824 on: June 27, 2007, 09:56:42 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"

Thanks again Klaas and Pita too!

"No man has a good enough memory to make a successful liar" Abraham Lincoln
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #825 on: June 27, 2007, 09:57:49 PM »

Quote from: "Tamikosmom"

BB ... THANK YOU!

I have never seen a "Call Me Hootie" posters.  The link you provided is definitely a Tamikomom's keeper.  Laughing

Janet

Smile

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
Sleuth
Monkey Junky

« Reply #826 on: June 27, 2007, 10:01:24 PM »

Sorry about the delay...my cell phone won't stop today Wink

I apologize as this is a mess - I will need to clean the map up later.  

Someone mentioned the outdoor theatre being 'across' from Balashi -this is correct (in general terms)

One clarification regarding the Gold Ruins/Gold Mill/Gold Mines....I have never heard of it referred to as Gold Mines in this area - it is referred to as Gold Mill or Gold smelt ruins.  Do not confuse with the mines on the opposite end of the island.   You take the Frenchman's Pass road to get to the ruins and also to the parking area along Spanish Lagoon.

Also, someone asked if the main road went over/past the Spanish Lagoon.  It does - the main road to Saventa and on to San N. goes right over the lagoon area - I've put an indicator on the map.

As a point of reference, the airport is to the upper right on this map.  DePalm Island is off the coast of this area.

There are boat launching area along this general area as well.

Check every detail-check it twice. At least check it once. FIND NATALEE
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #827 on: June 27, 2007, 10:01:43 PM »

While we are discussing maps, etc., I have seen many maps on here that Klaas and others have posted in the LCD marked with areas and places relevant to the case but when I went to reference some of them in Sunfreak's section I cannot see them there.  Is there another place where they are posted all together for reference?

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Sleuth
Monkey Junky

« Reply #828 on: June 27, 2007, 10:03:17 PM »

Quote from: "Sleuth"

Someone mentioned the outdoor theatre being 'across' from Balashi -this is correct (in general terms)

One clarification regarding the Gold Ruins/Gold Mill/Gold Mines....I have never heard of it referred to as Gold Mines in this area - it is referred to as Gold Mill or Gold smelt ruins.  Do not confuse with the mines on the opposite end of the island.   You take the Frenchman's Pass road to get to the ruins and also to the parking area along Spanish Lagoon.

Also, someone asked if the main road went over/past the Spanish Lagoon.  It does - the main road to Saventa and on to San N. goes right over the lagoon area - I've put an indicator on the map.

As a point of reference, the airport is to the upper left on this map.  DePalm Island is off the coast of this area.

TYPO-TYPO - the airport is to the left

Check every detail-check it twice. At least check it once. FIND NATALEE
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #829 on: June 27, 2007, 10:03:33 PM »

Hi Monkeys!!
I am watching Haunting evidence. Tim Miller is on it, talking about how his daughter disappeared. Months later, when they found her body, he would go to the spot where they found her and scream out loud. "come and get me,you bastard". Poor Tim, his daughter Laura was only 16 yrs old. Crying or Very sad
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #830 on: June 27, 2007, 10:04:50 PM »

I come to the cage tonight very disgusted and also disheartened over the Benoit wrestler that killed his family.  I don't think I can take many more of these stories of killing children.  It's almost to the point that my heart simply can't take it any more.  Does anyone ever get used to this stuff?  I can't imagine how the police ever manage it day after day.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #831 on: June 27, 2007, 10:05:16 PM »

Quote from: "Tibrogargan"
While we are discussing maps, etc., I have seen many maps on here that Klaas and others have posted in the LCD marked with areas and places relevant to the case but when I went to reference some of them in Sunfreak's section I cannot see them there.  Is there another place where they are posted all together for reference?

What do you mean you can't see them?  Do you just get XX?  No, most of them are right there, the rest are spread around.  If you are getting XX's though, you would probably have the same problem if I put all the maps into one thread.
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #832 on: June 27, 2007, 10:06:53 PM »

Quote from: "Sleuth"

As a point of reference, the airport is to the upper right on this map.  DePalm Island is off the coast of this area.

Thank you Sleuth.  I also did not realize when I said gold mine, there was more than one.  I was speaking of the ruins.

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #833 on: June 27, 2007, 10:06:55 PM »

Kidnapping does not always require that a ransom be demanded.  Van der Stratten just didn't want the negative publicity that the word would bring.  Claiming that Natalee could not have been kidnapped because no ransom demand was made was just another one of their lies.

Not one definition REQUIRES that a demand for ransom be made.  Most say it is often made.  That is a far cry from saying without it, there can be no kidnapping.  Besides, how did he know there would not be a demand made in the future, hmmmmmm?  Yeah, Uncle Jan, tell us how you knew there was not going to be any demand for a ransom!  

Same way Joran knew he could claim Natalee said any wild thing?  She wasn't going to be coming back to dispute him?

From Dictionary.com:

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source
kid·nap      /ˈkɪdnæp/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[kid-nap] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–verb (used with object), -napped or -naped, -nap·ping or -nap·ing. to steal, carry off, or abduct by force or fraud, esp. for use as a hostage or to extract ransom.  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Origin: 1675–85; kid1 + nap, var. of nab]

—Related forms
kid·nap·pee, kid·nap·ee, noun
kid·nap·per, kid·nap·er, noun

—Synonyms seize, bear off, bear away.
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.
American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source kid·nap       (kĭd'nāp')  Pronunciation Key  
tr.v.   kid·napped or kid·naped, kid·nap·ping or kid·nap·ing, kid·naps
To seize and detain unlawfully and usually for ransom.

[Probably kid + nap, to snatch (perhaps variant of nab and or of Scandinavian origin).]

kid'nap·pee', kid'nap·ee' (kĭd'nā-pē') n., kid'nap' n., kid'nap'per, kid'nap'er n.

Word History: Appropriately enough, kidnapper seems to have originated among those who perpetrate this crime. We know this because kid and napper, the two parts of the compound, were slang of the sort that criminals used. Kid, which still has an informal air, was considered low slang when kidnapper was formed, and napper is obsolete slang for a thief, coming from the verb nap, "to steal." Nap is possibly a variant of nab, which also still has a slangy ring. In 1678, the year in which the word is first recorded, kidnappers plied their trade to secure laborers for plantations in colonies such as the ones in North America. The term later took on the broader sense that it has today. The verb kidnap is recorded later (1682) than the noun and so is possibly a back-formation, that is, people may have assumed that a kidnapper kidnaps.

(Download Now or Buy the Book) The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Copyright © 2006 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.
WordNet - Cite This Source kidnapping

noun
(law) the unlawful act of capturing and carrying away a person against their will and holding them in false imprisonment  

WordNet® 3.0, © 2006 by Princeton University.
Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of Law - Cite This Source
Main Entry: kid·nap·ping
Variant: or kid·nap·ing
Function: noun
: an act or instance or the crime of seizing, confining, inveigling, abducting, or carrying away a person by force or fraud often with a demand for ransom or in furtherance of another crime

Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of Law, © 1996 Merriam-Webster, Inc.
Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of Law - Cite This Source
Main Entry: kid·nap
Pronunciation: 'kid-"nap
Function: transitive verb
Inflected Forms: kid·napped or kid·naped /-"napt/; kid·nap·ping or kid·nap·ing /-"na-pi[ng]/
Etymology: probably back-formation from kidnapper, from kid child + obsolete napper thief
: to seize and confine or carry away by force or fraud and often with a demand for ransom —kid·nap·per or kid·nap·er /-"na-p&r/ noun

Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of Law, © 1996 Merriam-Webster, Inc.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Tiger
Monkey Junky

« Reply #834 on: June 27, 2007, 10:07:19 PM »

I saw he advertising for aruba in Austria and family in Sweden talked about it.someone came up with the drink Condem to protect drinks,no joking.They enjoy coma drinking and have no desire to be drugged.They are very aware of what happened in aruba,and i don't see a large influx going to aruba
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #835 on: June 27, 2007, 10:10:50 PM »

Quote from: "Elaine"
Hi Monkeys!!
I am watching Haunting evidence. Tim Miller is on it, talking about how his daughter disappeared. Months later, when they found her body, he would go to the spot where they found her and scream out loud. "come and get me,you bastard". Poor Tim, his daughter Laura was only 16 yrs old. Crying or Very sad

Elaine, please post what you are seeing.  I won't get it here for 3 hours, and i promise i am in bed by then. thanks

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #836 on: June 27, 2007, 10:10:52 PM »

Hi Monkeys!!
They just showed Tim Miller at the very spot where his daughter's remains were found. There is a cross there, with flowers. To see him standing there is heart breaking!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #837 on: June 27, 2007, 10:11:34 PM »

Quote from: "Tiger"
I saw he advertising for aruba in Austria and family in Sweden talked about it.someone came up with the drink Condem to protect drinks,no joking.They enjoy coma drinking and have no desire to be drugged.They are very aware of what happened in aruba,and i don't see a large influx going to aruba

That's because Aruba sucks and there are so many nicer places to go  Wink
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #838 on: June 27, 2007, 10:12:26 PM »

Kidnapping, with ransome assumes you want to return the person once demands have been met. Some kidnap with the intention of keeping. Still a kidnapping IMO.

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #839 on: June 27, 2007, 10:13:08 PM »

Hi Monkeys!!

Elaine can you tell us what else is said on there. For those of us who can't see it. I am wondering if they will think the same thing Tim has always thought.

Just a swinging with the tribe
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.