May 13, 2024, 11:46:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Petey goes for his puppy booster shots tomorrow.  He weighed 3.07lbs 3 weeks ago.  How much does he weigh now?  (Voting closed: January 22, 2010, 10:13:08 PM)
More than 4 pounds - 4 (17.4%)
More than 5 pounds - 7 (30.4%)
More than 6 pounds - 8 (34.8%)
More than 7 pounds - 4 (17.4%)
Who cares? - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 22

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #53 11/24/09 - 1/21/10  (Read 502209 times)
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #220 on: November 29, 2009, 01:56:50 AM »

I was going to post this in Natalee's thread but thought it might be a little off topic. I want to know if any of you would go?

http://www.dailyfinance.com/2009/11/28/when-thailand-is-in-network-u-s-employers-embrace-medical-to/

Thailand is 'in network'? Employers and insurers embrace medical tourism

Like some 47 million other Americans, Nancy Sowa (pictured) doesn't have health insurance. So when her doctors last year told her she needed a total hip replacement, the office manager for a non-profit did what a growing number of U.S. citizens are doing: She headed abroad. At Wockhardt Hospital in Bangalore, India, the 56-year-old was put up in a hospital "suite" far swankier than what she would typically find in the U.S., with a computer, fridge, cable TV, sitting area and an extra bed for her travel companion.

More to the point, the two-hour surgery in July, performed by an orthopedic surgeon trained in the U.S. and Australia, was a success. Four months later, the Durham, N.C. resident is feeling like her old self again, going for long hikes and planning her next vacation. The final tab for the procedure, including rehabilitative therapy and round-trip airfare for two? $12,000. That's a fraction of the $45,000 to $90,000 she had been told the surgery would cost at home.
snipped.

Good question SuzieQ. 

I really don't know if I would go. The doctors might have been trained in the States and Australia but what about all the support staff. I do have friends that went to Europe to get treatment for wives Hopkins Disease that they couldn't get here. She came back cured and able to function normal and not on meds. They travel the world together all she uses is a cane.

Now we are out sourcing our medical care. How sad is that. But if I needed surgery with no insurance I might think about it. I really can't say yes or no.

Thanks for the article very interesting and eye opening.  an angelic monkey

GOD BLESS AMERICA
crazybabyborg
« Reply #221 on: November 29, 2009, 02:58:31 AM »

Ooooooh! I see Bearly Bear!   
crazybabyborg
« Reply #222 on: November 29, 2009, 03:14:12 AM »

I was going to post this in Natalee's thread but thought it might be a little off topic. I want to know if any of you would go?

http://www.dailyfinance.com/2009/11/28/when-thailand-is-in-network-u-s-employers-embrace-medical-to/

Like some 47 million other Americans, Nancy Sowa (pictured) doesn't have health insurance. So when her doctors last year told her she needed a total hip replacement, the office manager for a non-profit did what a growing number of U.S. citizens are doing: She headed abroad. At Wockhardt Hospital in Bangalore, India, the 56-year-old was put up in a hospital "suite" far swankier than what she would typically find in the U.S., with a computer, fridge, cable TV, sitting area and an extra bed for her travel companion.

More to the point, the two-hour surgery in July, performed by an orthopedic surgeon trained in the U.S. and Australia, was a success. Four months later, the Durham, N.C. resident is feeling like her old self again, going for long hikes and planning her next vacation. The final tab for the procedure, including rehabilitative therapy and round-trip airfare for two? $12,000. That's a fraction of the $45,000 to $90,000 she had been told the surgery would cost at home.
snipped.

Good question SuzieQ. 

I really don't know if I would go. The doctors might have been trained in the States and Australia but what about all the support staff. I do have friends that went to Europe to get treatment for wives Hopkins Disease that they couldn't get here. She came back cured and able to function normal and not on meds. They travel the world together all she uses is a cane.

Now we are out sourcing our medical care. How sad is that. But if I needed surgery with no insurance I might think about it. I really can't say yes or no.

Interesting, SuzieQ. I have seriously considered scouting some property near the US border in Mexico to set up a short stay surgical clinic. Just like Canadians come to the US to receive needed procedures that they have to wait for in Canada, the general thinking within the medical community is that the same scenario will exist here very soon. Cash and carry without government regulation would seem like a dream come true on the business side of things and I could offer services within my own clinic for 1/2 the cost now if it weren't for them. I just like where I live and don't really relish the prospect of moving to the necessary area. There's a physician coalition forming locally to do just that and take rotations. Ideally, you could do the same thing within the US, but the healthcare bill, in current form, would prohibit it.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #223 on: November 29, 2009, 07:04:48 AM »

GOOD MORNING!!!

I see you GE!!   
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #224 on: November 29, 2009, 07:09:31 AM »

snipped.

Good question SuzieQ. 

Interesting, SuzieQ. I have seriously considered scouting some property near the US border in Mexico to set up a short stay surgical clinic. Just like Canadians come to the US to receive needed procedures that they have to wait for in Canada, the general thinking within the medical community is that the same scenario will exist here very soon. Cash and carry without government regulation would seem like a dream come true on the business side of things and I could offer services within my own clinic for 1/2 the cost now if it weren't for them. I just like where I live and don't really relish the prospect of moving to the necessary area. There's a physician coalition forming locally to do just that and take rotations. Ideally, you could do the same thing within the US, but the healthcare bill, in current form, would prohibit it.

Thank you CBB,  I found what you said very interesting and enlightening. If more of us really understood how the system worked has far as why our cost are so high we might get something done.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #225 on: November 29, 2009, 07:10:35 AM »

GOOD MORNING!!!

I see you GE!!   

GOOD MORNING  CBB

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #226 on: November 29, 2009, 07:11:53 AM »

I left you a note in your avi thread.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
crazybabyborg
« Reply #227 on: November 29, 2009, 07:12:49 AM »

I left you a note in your avi thread.

I saw it! I love it when you drop by!!   
crazybabyborg
« Reply #228 on: November 29, 2009, 07:14:41 AM »

I've been trying to catch up on Caylee's thread. I always get behind when there's a new season of avis going on! 
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #229 on: November 29, 2009, 07:18:12 AM »

I've been trying to catch up on Caylee's thread. I always get behind when there's a new season of avis going on! 

I don't know how you do it all.    I sure wish they would just start the trail and hang her ***.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
crazybabyborg
« Reply #230 on: November 29, 2009, 07:19:55 AM »

I don't know how you do it all.    I sure wish they would just start the trail and hang her ***.

It's getting complicated and more than ever it's going to be really important who is on the jury. She's so obviously guilty....... to me........... but it only takes one ya-hoo to mess it up.
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #231 on: November 29, 2009, 07:27:23 AM »

It's getting complicated and more than ever it's going to be really important who is on the jury. She's so obviously guilty....... to me........... but it only takes one ya-hoo to mess it up.

You are right on all counts.  You have to go check out JSM thread. She posted pictures of her Christmas lights. It's really wonderful.  I played the video of the Christmas lights you posted awhile back for the grand sons last night. They just loved it.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
crazybabyborg
« Reply #232 on: November 29, 2009, 07:33:14 AM »

You are right on all counts.  You have to go check out JSM thread. She posted pictures of her Christmas lights. It's really wonderful.  I played the video of the Christmas lights you posted awhile back for the grand sons last night. They just loved it.

OK............ On my way!!   
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #233 on: November 29, 2009, 08:25:29 AM »

snipped.

Good question SuzieQ. 

Have you read the new book on it - Foriegin Body by Robin Cook? Pretty scary stuff - mostly because I could see it happening. It is about American patients being killed in India when they go over there for inexpensive surgery.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #234 on: November 29, 2009, 08:28:30 AM »

snipped.

Good question SuzieQ. 

Thank you CBB,  I found what you said very interesting and enlightening. If more of us really understood how the system worked has far as why our cost are so high we might get something done.

CBB - That is such a good idea - I am pretty sure the healthcare bill will prohibit paying cash for treatment here so just over the border would be a good place. Sad that the government will be deciding what a group of free people can and can not do for themselves.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #235 on: November 29, 2009, 08:51:50 AM »

Morning numbersgirl
Haven't seen you around in a while. Hope all is well, and you had a nice Thanksgiving.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
crazybabyborg
« Reply #236 on: November 29, 2009, 03:00:59 PM »

BRACHIATE!!!

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c100/crazybabyborgs/Christmas/brachiate5.gif
crazybabyborg
« Reply #237 on: November 29, 2009, 03:02:02 PM »

I've been trying to track you down like a dog!!   

How are you?   
Brachiate
Scared Monkey

« Reply #238 on: November 29, 2009, 04:26:20 PM »

I've been trying to track you down like a dog!!   

How are you?   

Hey CBB!

Real life sorta hijacked all my free time recently and I was entire cages behind on the threads I follow. Sorry I didn't catch up to your post until after you were gone.

I'm doing good.  Laughing   Cyrus is fine.   

I saw that you had posted my terrific new Holiday avatar! Yay! Thank You!   

So now I'm all caught up and dressed up and everybody's somewhere else. Just my luck.   

I hope everyone had a great Turkey Day.  Chef

Brachiate

SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #239 on: November 29, 2009, 09:28:54 PM »

Thanks for your comments everyone. I don't know what I would do in that situation.
 I have friends from England. Well she is from England, Bill married her while in the Air Force stationed in England. To make a long story short, they flew back to England when Bill needed surgery.
Have younger friends from Nepal that came to the states because their son was born with a heart defect. I will have to ask them why they made the choice of the US over some other country.

2 4 1
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.