May 21, 2024, 07:42:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #642 6/19 - 6/20/2007  (Read 154173 times)
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #60 on: June 19, 2007, 05:55:07 PM »

Quote from: "blah"
Quote from: "klaasend"
Quote from: "*******"
Something must be up for Robin to write that letter and Dave to agree with it.

Robin has hinted at that before.  I think EASY said it best in the previous thread.  Wink

prolly had to say that in order to get permission for TES to go there and search  Rolling Eyes

That's an interesting thought.

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #61 on: June 19, 2007, 05:55:17 PM »

Quote from: "wreck"
Quote from: "blah"
Quote from: "*******"
Something must be up for Robin to write that letter and Dave to agree with it.

Robin has hinted at that before.  I think EASY said it best in the previous thread.  Wink

prolly had to say that in order to get permission for TES to go there and search  Rolling Eyes

I don't think that is very far-fetched.  I just don't agree with it. Ending the boycott now will not have any affect on Aruba cooperating. This is totally in the hands of the Dutch anyways.

Exactly.  So why come out with a letter that angers and disappoints long time supporters?  It makes no sense.

BRING NATALEE HOME
Dayhiker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #62 on: June 19, 2007, 05:55:52 PM »

AND ANOTHER THING....

IF THE BOYCOTT ISN'T HAVING ANY AFFECT ON ARUBA, LIKE MF AND OTHERS SAY, WHY ARE THEY WORRIED ABOUT IT ONE WAY OR THE OTHER?

GOOGLE HITS. THE GAP IS NARROWING:

ARUBA TOURISM- 1380,000 hits

ARUBA MURDER- 1,180,00 hits

ARUBA DRUGS- 1,260,000 hits

"ARUBA...THE CREAM OF THE CRAP IN THE CARIBBEAN."
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #63 on: June 19, 2007, 05:56:17 PM »

Quote from: "wreck"
IMO, Dave is just plain TIRED. If Robin wants to stop the boycott -- he is not going to make waves. Beth's marriage broke-up from all the tension and strife of all of this and maybe Dave simply wants to prevent the same thing in his marriage and is just "going along." The boycott IS working -- that is why the Dutch are finally involved. This may be a desperate ploy to finally get the sympathy of Arubans -- but I think it is absolutely pointless to cow-tow to them now. Twisted Evil

^5 wreck

That island is UNSAFE - regardless of what Natalee's step mother says

BOYCOTT ARUBA

JUSTICE FOR NATALEE HOLLOWAY

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #64 on: June 19, 2007, 05:56:18 PM »

Quote from: "Sam"
*******, I liked your post with the signs.

I also want to respond. Not all of those sick posters are from Aruba. There are a group of sickos in this world who take great pleasure in trying to get attention anyway they can.

I was reading earlier on the Aol news about a fire in Charlston, South Carolina that killed 9 firefighters. So sad. Anyway you could post your thoughts or prayers, whatever. There were even sickos on there. Such a shame.

I am well aware of that..Seems like sickest posters are Americans living in Aruba or they are connected to Aruba tourism here in the states.

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #65 on: June 19, 2007, 05:56:35 PM »

Quote from: "AZLady"
Quote from: "BTgirl"
Monkeys, monkeys.  Haven't we learned that the internet hate-mongers will go to extreme lengths to push their agenda?  The agenda of those at RU and FOB is to defend and promote Aruba, using any possible means.  It really is not far-fetched at all to think they might even post under Robin or Dave's names -- saying what they WISH Robin and Dave might say.  

Use restraint, folks, and do not believe everything you read.  I will not believe this letter is from Robin until I hear Dave express these thoughts in the media, or someone I trust, like Red or Klaas, tells me that these are truly Dave's wishes.  Sorry, but I ain't buying this chit.

I wish I felt that way, but I do think the letter really is from them.

Again, I urge restraint.  I, personally, need more verification of their change in stance than an internet posting that is signed "Robin" and/or "Dave."  1.) There is no way I can verify the identity of the person who wrote the posting.  2.) There are people paid to propogandize Aruba's interests on the internet.  3.)  The two recent travel meeting protests were very visible.  4.) Another travel protest is scheduled for the near future and will also be very visible.  5.) Pro-Aruban supporters have posted immediately after Robin's letter voicing appreciation for the change in stance.  6.)  Dave, Robin or Beth have not appeared in the media to announce this change of stance.

Sorry--I've weighted the evidence, and it's very strong that this is not written by Robin.

I think there is some evidence that Robin has been friendly with pro-Aruban supporters for a while now, so the letter doesn't really surprise me.

I Stand With The Girl
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #66 on: June 19, 2007, 05:56:44 PM »

Thanks BleachedBlack. Was that posted on BFN? or one of the crap chats.

San, or anyone,

Tomorrow is the Carla Baron show. I will not be able to get it. Is someone going to try to transcribe it? I have been thinking about this alot, I think Easy said she is going to have a surprise reveal at the beginning of the show. I am wondering f she is going to try to tell us Natalee is alive?

Don't count on that one!  Her surprise has to do with a previous investigation, not Natalee.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #67 on: June 19, 2007, 05:56:57 PM »

San, or anyone,

Tomorrow is the Carla Baron show. I will not be able to get it. Is someone going to try to transcribe it? I have been thinking about this alot, I think Easy said she is going to have a surprise reveal at the beginning of the show. I am wondering f she is going to try to tell us Natalee is alive?

Sam, I will try and tape the show but I don't know if I will transcribe the whole show.  I will do my best to give updates and I'm sure so will others.
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #68 on: June 19, 2007, 05:57:52 PM »

Quote from: "Easywriter"
Quote from: "bleachedblack"
I agree, Mark Purcell has a questionable agenda of his own IMO, which I think is motivated by the dollar almost exclusively.  I once had a conversation with Robin (email) and the person she went to for clarification on the matter was Mark Purcell. Not much of a source.......

Something isn't right about that whole deal and it is a big turn-off!

right . . . .  so who was the message really for?

Richard and Vicky and those that have worked so hard to educate people!

It's designed to make people like Michelle pack it all in.

For me the Boycott is not about economically damaging Aruba.  I do it for two reasons.
1. To help educate those that might make the mistake of traveling to Aruba and get caught in the ether of the LE and have no clue how to break free.

2. To get the Dutch and Arubans to get off their asses and do something to find Natalee and all the others that are missing.... and it's not just one or two. It's up top 11 that I know about and I'm expecting the next one any minute as they are overdue based on past records.

We can all live with the fact that crime happens. But it is the disingenuous way the Aruban Authorities investigate crimes. It's a fact, and not subject to debate. You can debate it all you want on FOB and RU, but that won't change the facts.

This is a matter of safety. If Aruba ain't safe, then they need to fix it or I'll  keep telling people not to go.

The name of Beth's foundation is the Safe Travel Foundation, and Aruba ain't safe. I haven't seen anything over the last two years to suggest they have dealt with even one of the main issues facing tourism on Aruba....[/b]

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #69 on: June 19, 2007, 05:57:55 PM »

I respect Debbie as a moderator.  However, I recall a fairly recent  post at BFN that Debbie regretted allowing to stand as long as it did.  She can't be expected to have x-ray vision and know the people behind every post.

BRING NATALEE HOME
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #70 on: June 19, 2007, 06:01:21 PM »

I am not going to talk about what Robin posted anymore because it is a wasted conversation.

But I do have one question.

Robin if you are so against the Boycott does this mean when your two young daughters grow up and become of age and they want to go to Aruba for vacation will you allow them.

End of story. Cool
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #71 on: June 19, 2007, 06:01:26 PM »

San, or anyone,

It is posted at BFN.

Also, the poster there "Robin" has 69 previous posts. One of them includes a picture of a sign sent to Dave and Robin by a group of posters at BFN . It is a replica of a street sign and says "Wizard of Oz Ave" and the photo in one of her posts shows the sign out in their backyard by the pool. I remember posters at BFN sending that sign. True, someone could have set up a false acct, gotten a street sign like the one being sent to Dave and Robin, taken a pic and included it in their posts to later falsify information. But I don't think so.

AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #72 on: June 19, 2007, 06:02:45 PM »

Rob, why would Robin and Dave want Richard, Vicky, Michelle and others like us, actually, to stop telling people the truth we know about Aruba?  Our own crime on Aruba thread is proof-positive that the island is not safe.  So, riddle me this:  why would Robin and Dave want us to stop our educational mission of telling everyone that Aruba is not safe?

BRING NATALEE HOME
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #73 on: June 19, 2007, 06:03:33 PM »

Monkeys, monkeys.  Haven't we learned that the internet hate-mongers will go to extreme lengths to push their agenda?  The agenda of those at RU and FOB is to defend and promote Aruba, using any possible means.  It really is not far-fetched at all to think they might even post under Robin or Dave's names -- saying what they WISH Robin and Dave might say.  

Use restraint, folks, and do not believe everything you read.  I will not believe this letter is from Robin until I hear Dave express these thoughts in the media, or someone I trust, like Red or Klaas, tells me that these are truly Dave's wishes.  Sorry, but I ain't buying this chit.

I wish I felt that way, but I do think the letter really is from them.

Again, I urge restraint.  I, personally, need more verification of their change in stance than an internet posting that is signed "Robin" and/or "Dave."  1.) There is no way I can verify the identity of the person who wrote the posting.  2.) There are people paid to propogandize Aruba's interests on the internet.  3.)  The two recent travel meeting protests were very visible.  4.) Another travel protest is scheduled for the near future and will also be very visible.  5.) Pro-Aruban supporters have posted immediately after Robin's letter voicing appreciation for the change in stance.  6.)  Dave, Robin or Beth have not appeared in the media to announce this change of stance.

Sorry--I've weighted the evidence, and it's very strong that this is not written by Robin.

I think there is some evidence that Robin has been friendly with pro-Aruban supporters for a while now, so the letter doesn't really surprise me.

Robin would have talked that post over with Debbie before it was put out there.  If it was a rogue post, it would have been history within seconds.  There is a strange dynamic going on at BFN that is impossible to understand.
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #74 on: June 19, 2007, 06:03:34 PM »

Quote from: "Easywriter"

San, or anyone,

Don't count on that one!  Her surprise has to do with a previous investigation, not Natalee.

has to be Max, Buddy or Gary... Gary's family misses him very much, so I hope it's one of these.

+++

Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #75 on: June 19, 2007, 06:04:02 PM »

In case you missed it. Aruba is out of control at the moment. Look at Amigoe's article today. Violence broke out between Aruban gangs of youths..They hijacked a police car and burned it down!! Carlos and Charlies/Bahia were ordered to close there doors.

Much of the blame on the recent drug problems and violence is directed at Rudy Croes who is retiring in a few months. Just how much damage has this guy caused Aruba??

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #76 on: June 19, 2007, 06:05:27 PM »

Rob, why would Robin and Dave want Richard, Vicky, Michelle and others like us, actually, to stop telling people the truth we know about Aruba?  Our own crime on Aruba thread is proof-positive that the island is not safe.  So, riddle me this:  why would Robin and Dave want us to stop our educational mission of telling everyone that Aruba is not safe?

I think a good question is why has Beth stopped telling the truth about Aruba?

AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #77 on: June 19, 2007, 06:06:31 PM »

Debbie posts here, also.  Perhaps she will verify if this letter is actually from Robin and Dave.  Better yet, perhaps Red will call Dave and get it straight from horses' mouth, so to speak.  

I'm reserving judgment until I hear it from someone I trust (Red or Klaas) or from Dave himself.

BRING NATALEE HOME
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #78 on: June 19, 2007, 06:07:15 PM »

I only speak for myself. But someone wants this boycott over and I have no idea who .

Mark or whoever wants those that work so hard to help de-motivated.

Some riddle are not meant to be solved.... huh Shango lololololololol

+++

AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #79 on: June 19, 2007, 06:09:11 PM »

Quote from: "bleachedblack"

I think a good question is why has Beth stopped telling the truth about Aruba?

Brokering a deal with the Dutch?  Perhaps.  Beth, Dave, Robin stop publicly stating what they know about Aruban corruption while the Dutch investigate the case.  I would believe that.  They may have put everything on hold while the case is being investigated.  Once the investigation is over, they still have the same information they had before it started and can then reveal it.

BRING NATALEE HOME
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.