May 17, 2024, 09:29:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway Case Discussion #857 3/20/11 - 4/20/11  (Read 373511 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #780 on: April 14, 2011, 03:25:17 PM »

Does the following imply that the judge deemed that the "defamation" lawsuit has merit and was not dismissed?

I'm so confused.

Janet

++++++

resigned Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:59 pm

future hearing -

05/27/2011 at 08:32 am in department 69 at 111 North Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012
Motion to Compel

Source: RU

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #781 on: April 14, 2011, 03:25:30 PM »

INPE denies that Joran Van der Sloot has stabbed two inmates

The murderer's lawyer said Stephany Flores sue the Dutch half the information published

Information published by the Dutch magazine "Panorama" about that Joran van der Sloot had stabbed two inmates in a fight inside of the Miguel Castro Castro was denied today by the INPE.

::snipping2::

http://elcomercio.pe/lima/742855/noticia-inpe-desmiente-que-joran-van-der-sloot-haya-apunalado-dos-presos
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #782 on: April 14, 2011, 03:30:26 PM »

"The story published in Panorama does not hold true if you Sloot"

LIMA (ANP) - The story published in the Dutch magazine Panorama on the involvement of a Dutch citizen, Joran van der Sloot, in a fight where he finished stabbing two inmates is totally fallacious.

This was stated by his lawyer Max Altez. "He contrasted the information with the Director of Prisons and everything is a fabrication, " said the lawyer, adding that "behind the information they hide bad intentions in order to harm Joran. On the contrary, my client wants to change his life and even go to church. "

::snipping2::

http://www.rnw.nl/espanol/bulletin/la-historia-publicada-en-panorama-no-se-ajusta-a-la-verdad-en-caso-de-vd-sloot
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #783 on: April 14, 2011, 03:35:02 PM »

Does the following imply that the judge deemed that the "defamation" lawsuit has merit and was not dismissed?

I'm so confused.

Janet

++++++

resigned Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:59 pm

future hearing -

05/27/2011 at 08:32 am in department 69 at 111 North Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012
Motion to Compel

Source: RU

What is a "Motion to Compel"?  The hearing was not scheduled.

Janet

+++++

Janet - the hearing for the Summary Judgement is scheduled for April 11, 2011. 

Case Number: BC363201
DEEPAK KALPOE VS PHILLIP C MCGRAW

Filing Date: 12/13/2006
Case Type: Defamation (Slander/Libel) (General Jurisdiction)

Future Hearings

04/11/2011 at 08:32 am in department 69 at 111 North Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012
Motion for Summary Judgment

If the judge rules NO on the Summary Judgement then the trial begins on June 13, 2011

06/06/2011 at 08:32 am in department 69 at 111 North Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012
Final Status Conference (T/D 6-13-2011)

06/13/2011 at 08:32 am in department 69 at 111 North Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012
Jury Trial (J/T 35 DAY EST.)

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #784 on: April 14, 2011, 05:32:29 PM »

MOTION TO COMPEL

What motion to compel means?
In: Civil Process, Civil Cases

A Motion to Compel is filed by a party seeking information from another party or non-party to a pending lawsuit. The motion essentially asks a judge to require the other party to provide information or documents to the party who filed the motion.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_motion_to_compel_means
Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_motion_to_compel_means#ixzz1JXF08cnA

_____

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #785 on: April 14, 2011, 06:02:53 PM »

Hiya, Tink!  

I know. There is finally some justice, even now with Joran being in jail. He doesn't like it and according to one article, seems that he misses Santa Claus at Christmas.   Rolling Eyes

Beth has more dignity and determination than any woman I think I've ever known of. I admire her more than I can express. You're right; she has things in proper perspective and I don't believe she is "haunted" anymore, but I do believe she will maintain her determination as long as she lives. She told Joran as much when she visited him in jail. I was really struck by that visit. Because she could sit across from him without scratching his eyes out, I knew she had reached a balance of inner peace. Joran was the one that had the "about face" when he was face to face with her. For all of his hatred of Beth, he showed himself to be a coward when confronted by her. She had no need. She treated him with the dignity that she deals with all things Natalee, and quietly reminded him that she would be there again if he were to be jailed 40 years from now. She wasn't going away as long as she lived.

It isn't really because Beth won't rest if she is never able to bring Natalee home. For me, it's more a "cosmic justice" in the face of what Joran, Paulus, K2 and Aruba did to thwart her. So much was done that was evil, dishonest, in secret, and by man's devices to keep Beth's purely driven objective to be met. I just don't think that's meant to stand. I don't think it will stand. This thread is and always will be my "best loved" at the SM family because you guys, whether you'd put it that way or not, are part of not letting it stand.

Have you ever seen one broken hearted Mother come up against so much? Everytime it looks like this has ended and that things will just fade as they are left, something happens. I believe it's a path toward an end, and I believe Beth has not gone unnoticed by this world or in the heavens. JMHO.

I needed to read this several times because it is so beautiful and it is so true.  Thanks, CBB, for the reminder of Beth and Natalee in a world that is too full of Joran.

Love you!

« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 10:12:44 PM by Bearlyhere » Logged

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #786 on: April 14, 2011, 06:34:28 PM »

Hiya, Tink!  

I know. There is finally some justice, even now with Joran being in jail. He doesn't like it and according to one article, seems that he misses Santa Claus at Christmas.   Rolling Eyes

Beth has more dignity and determination than any woman I think I've ever known of. I admire her more than I can express. You're right; she has things in proper perspective and I don't believe she is "haunted" anymore, but I do believe she will maintain her determination as long as she lives. She told Joran as much when she visited him in jail. I was really struck by that visit. Because she could sit across from him without scratching his eyes out, I knew she had reached a balance of inner peace. Joran was the one that had the "about face" when he was face to face with her. For all of his hatred of Beth, he showed himself to be a coward when confronted by her. She had no need. She treated him with the dignity that she deals with all things Natalee, and quietly reminded him that she would be there again if he were to be jailed 40 years from now. She wasn't going away as long as she lived.

It isn't really because Beth won't rest if she is never able to bring Natalee home. For me, it's more a "cosmic justice" in the face of what Joran, Paulus, K2 and Aruba did to thwart her. So much was done that was evil, dishonest, in secret, and by man's devices to keep Beth's purely driven objective to be met. I just don't think that's meant to stand. I don't think it will stand. This thread is and always will be my "best loved" at the SM family because you guys, whether you'd put it that way or not, are part of not letting it stand.

Have you ever seen one broken hearted Mother come up against so much? Everytime it looks like this has ended and that things will just fade as they are left, something happens. I believe it's a path toward an end, and I believe Beth has not gone unnoticed by this world or in the heavens. JMHO.

Page 189
:    It's the proverbial, Biblical conflict between good and evil.  It's very, very hard to fight evil because it constantly changes form and you never know who your enemies are.  And evil is always two steps ahead. From the outset we never had a chance.  But we didn't know it.  I'm taking leave of the island, but not from the work yet to be done.

_____

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #787 on: April 14, 2011, 06:35:05 PM »

Going thru an old photobucket 

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #788 on: April 14, 2011, 06:37:15 PM »

Going thru an old photobucket 

Do you have Part 2?   Monkey Devil!   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #789 on: April 14, 2011, 06:37:44 PM »

More oldies but goodies

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #790 on: April 14, 2011, 06:40:07 PM »

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #791 on: April 14, 2011, 06:48:31 PM »

oops, wrong one...SORRY

Sorry about the false alarm.  I plugged in the wrong case number.  Nothing new to report in the Kalpoe vs. Dr. Phil, no decision posted yet on todays Summary Judgement hearing.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 06:51:58 PM by klaasend » Logged
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #792 on: April 14, 2011, 06:51:14 PM »

oops, wrong one...SORRY

????? I thought we already knew that. What about the Kalpoe vs dr. Phil case?

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #793 on: April 14, 2011, 06:51:49 PM »

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #794 on: April 14, 2011, 06:52:46 PM »

Wreck - I couldn't believe my eyes, didn't realize I plugged in the wrong case number.  DUH me. 
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #795 on: April 14, 2011, 06:53:34 PM »

Wreck - I couldn't believe my eyes, didn't realize I plugged in the wrong case number.  DUH me. 
Well....... I enjoyed the enthusiasm! 

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #796 on: April 14, 2011, 10:28:05 PM »

so ... any word through the grapevine on what transpired today??

Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #797 on: April 14, 2011, 10:46:54 PM »

I love the old PhotoBucket trips back down memory lane.
The little police car with Dompig driving, the Pink Thingie, the penguins with Beth and Joran's faces on them and Beth slaps the Joran faced penguin into the water.
A good laff is sometimes needed. 
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #798 on: April 14, 2011, 11:20:46 PM »

I love the old PhotoBucket trips back down memory lane.
The little police car with Dompig driving, the Pink Thingie, the penguins with Beth and Joran's faces on them and Beth slaps the Joran faced penguin into the water.
A good laff is sometimes needed. 

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #799 on: April 15, 2011, 12:37:49 AM »

so ... any word through the grapevine on what transpired today??

Nope, not that I've seen.  I suppose it's entirely possible that the judge just hasn't made his decision yet.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.