May 21, 2024, 05:25:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #12 7/29/10 - 8/02/10  (Read 173596 times)
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #480 on: July 30, 2010, 06:07:13 PM »

Wasn't LE going to do a presser ?

I think they were asked that question and they said they couldn't comment, lol.
Sorry couldn't help myself. I don't think they said that, but I don't know foresure.

Sorry, couldn't help laughing at that.

No, I don't believe LE had a press conference scheduled for today. Just the parents.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #481 on: July 30, 2010, 06:17:00 PM »

http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/mediacenter/default.aspx?videoid=17434@koin.web.entriq.net&navCatId=3

Video update.

Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #482 on: July 30, 2010, 07:09:02 PM »

Some of these sightings gotta be "lookalikes."

Yesterday I was at WalMart, 2000 miles away from Portland, and in just ten minutes I spent on the line I saw two boys who looked like Kyron. Same hair, age, toothless smile, one had glasses.

I would hate to live in the area and have a son who looks like him, it would certaintly be a little problematic.

IMO
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #483 on: July 30, 2010, 07:15:52 PM »

After following cases for a few years, you begin to see the progression of the process.  I think we've hit the point where Kaine and Desiree are losing hope.  Parents want to believe that their child is alive and well and being cared for by some unknown person.  But, reality tells them that after all these weeks the chances of that happening are very slim.  I can't imagine the frustration they feel in knowing that TH has the answers they need and is too horrible a person to tell them.  I hope her tiny little conscience is eating her alive.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
d in texas
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #484 on: July 30, 2010, 07:25:40 PM »

After following cases for a few years, you begin to see the progression of the process.  I think we've hit the point where Kaine and Desiree are losing hope.  Parents want to believe that their child is alive and well and being cared for by some unknown person.  But, reality tells them that after all these weeks the chances of that happening are very slim.  I can't imagine the frustration they feel in knowing that TH has the answers they need and is too horrible a person to tell them.  I hope her tiny little conscience is eating her alive.
Could that be why LE doesn't say anything, and to the poster that doesn't have the bad feeling about Kyron, I want to believe that because I feel the same way, but afraid to go down that road again.  Convinced myself Casey sold Caylee to punish CA and be free....
Scatty
Monkey Junky

« Reply #485 on: July 30, 2010, 07:37:49 PM »

I think the only thing eating her alive is seeing Desiree standing next to Kaine for the world to see, providing a united front. She must be livid! Her ego must be taking a beating and she must be muttering to herself and plotting dire things against Kaine and Desiree nonstop. JMO based on having grown up with a narcissistic (sp)/anti-social/histrionic half-brother.
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #486 on: July 30, 2010, 08:30:29 PM »

After the way Kaine and Desiree handled the DeDe thing and the Michael Cook issue, who the heck would come forward ?
They believed DeDe knew something. Now they want friends of DeDe & Terri to come forward ? So they can Kronk-er-ize them ?
Terri
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #487 on: July 30, 2010, 08:39:18 PM »

I think the only thing eating her alive is seeing Desiree standing next to Kaine for the world to see, providing a united front. She must be livid! Her ego must be taking a beating and she must be muttering to herself and plotting dire things against Kaine and Desiree nonstop. JMO based on having grown up with a narcissistic (sp)/anti-social/histrionic half-brother.

Scatty,

I so agree with you...I too have several relatives that would be feeling and thinking the exact same way. 

I know beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, and I am not being mean spirited, but Desiree looks very pretty to me, while Terri does not.  And given that I lifted weights for awhile and then gained all of the weight back,  I know how I feel most days. 

i I strongly believe Terri is in self preservation mode and has no
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #488 on: July 30, 2010, 08:42:28 PM »

February 23, 2010

Alberta mother accused of killing sons
Tuesday, February 23, 2010 | 7:22 PM MT

A mother has been charged with the killing of her two young boys who were found dead in early February in a house in Millet, Alta., the RCMP said Tuesday.

Allyson Louise McConnell, 31, was charged Monday with two counts of second-degree murder in the deaths of her sons, Jayden, 10 months, and Connor, 2½ years.

Police waited three weeks to charge McConnell because of their duty to perform due diligence in the investigation, RCMP spokesman Cpl. Wayne Oakes said Tuesday.

"Charges cannot be sworn until such time as they have reasonable and probable grounds to believe that a person has in fact committed an offence," he said. "That decision was reached as of yesterday."

McConnell has been remanded into custody and will appear in Wetaskiwin provincial court on March

McConnell will remain under 24-hour supervision in a medical facility until it is determined she is well enough to be moved to a correctional facility. That decision would be made by medical officials, Oakes said.

Privacy laws prohibit the RCMP from releasing details about McConnell's medical condition.

"Ms. McConnell has the right to medical privacy and I can't speak to her specifics without her expressed consent, and to my knowledge she has not given us that consent to speak about her current condition," Oakes said.

The boys were found dead by their father, Curtis McConnell, on Feb. 1, in Millet, a town about 40 kilometres south of Edmonton. A neighbour said McConnell told her he had found the boys' bodies in the bathtub.

The RCMP have not released the cause of the deaths.

Edmonton police said a woman tried to kill herself by jumping off an overpass in the south end of the city an hour before the boys' bodies were found. They have never released the woman's identity.

RCMP did confirm a car connected to the McConnell's Millet home was found in a nearby parking lot.

People in Millet said news of the charges will bring difficult feelings back to the surface.

"I'm sad for her, I'm sad for the McConnells, I'm sad for our community," said Jocelyn MacInnis, who lives a few doors down from the McConnell home.

"It's very painful. I've seen those little boys, I saw them when she used to walk in front of the house," she said. "We'll never understand it. I'll never understand it."

Residents of Millet don't want to talk about the slayings because they have such trouble believing they could even happen, said Mayor David Gursky.

"If you're not directly involved with the tragedy, it's a matter of, you know, you feel sorry for them and you give them as much support as you can.

"I think it's more important for people to focus on the living and moving forward."

Couple in divorce proceedings
According to divorce documents obtained earlier this month by CBC News, Allyson and Curtis McConnell were in the midst of a divorce and custody battle.

The couple got married in Australia in January 2007, separated in November 2009, and began divorce proceedings in December.

According to the documents, Allyson McConnell wanted to take the children back to her native Australia where her family lives, and she said she would allow her husband access to the children.

But Curtis McConnell did not want his children to leave Canada and in a court affidavit, he indicated his worry that she might try to take them to Australia without his knowledge or permission. He also said he had taken the boys' passports for safekeeping.

On Dec. 21, a judge ruled the children were to remain in Canada and both parents would have joint custody of the boys.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/edmonton/story/2010/02/23/edmonton-millet-boys-murder-charges.html#ixzz0vDRvA3Gh

UPDATE - July 29, 2010

Allyson McConnell fit to stand trial
Thursday, July 29, 2010[/b]

A psychiatric assessment has found that Allyson McConnell, the Millet mother accused of killing her two young sons, is fit to stand trial.

The Millet mother has been charged with second degree murder in the deaths of 10-month-old Jayden, and 2-year-old Connor who were found dead in the McConnell's home on February 1st.

Allyson McConnell has been staying at Alberta Hospital since February, and did not appear in the Wetaskiwin court room where the assessment was discussed. She is scheduled to appear in court on August 17th.

Allyson McConnell and her husband Curtis were reportedly involved in divorce proceedings when the children died.

http://www.globaltvcalgary.com/Allyson+McConnell+stand+trial/3337421/story.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #489 on: July 30, 2010, 08:48:22 PM »

After the way Kaine and Desiree handled the DeDe thing and the Michael Cook issue, who the heck would come forward ?
They believed DeDe knew something. Now they want friends of DeDe & Terri to come forward ? So they can Kronk-er-ize them ?

I have to say it has gotten to the point when you do come forward and try to help, like Kronk did with finding Caylee, it does get rather upsetting the way people go after you and destroy your life    Part of the reason why I believe people don't get involved.
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #490 on: July 30, 2010, 09:02:42 PM »

I have to say it has gotten to the point when you do come forward and try to help, like Kronk did with finding Caylee, it does get rather upsetting the way people go after you and destroy your life    Part of the reason why I believe people don't get involved.

I agree that people don't want to get involved because of possible repercussions, but what does that say about us as a society.  It is easy to say that people should be willing to do the right thing, but how many of us would actually do it? 

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
Scatty
Monkey Junky

« Reply #491 on: July 30, 2010, 09:08:40 PM »

I don't think it's similar to poor Kronk. The thing with DeDe was, she DIDN'T come forward. Quite the opposite, she had to be subpoenaed before deigning to appear. She would have had none of this intense scrutiny by bloggers, including us, if she had done the right thing and talked to LE in the first place. Friendship should pale beside trying to find a missing child, unless one is somehow involved in that disappearance.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #492 on: July 30, 2010, 09:09:29 PM »

I agree Kat-Gram

However ... in the last two press conference Kaine and Desiree backed off of their originally outright accusations against DeDe regarding lack of cooperation with law inforcement and ... Michael Cook appears to be a non issue in their prepared statements.  Even statements regarding Terri are directed at their suspicions that she is is not cooperating with LE regarding all she knows about the disappearance of Kyron.

Janet

++++++

JULY 30, 2010

Kaine Horman challenges those with information to come forward in KyronHorman case
Published: Friday, July 30, 2010, 1:24 PM
Updated: Friday, July 30, 2010, 2:40 PM

Though the two did not comment on specifics of the ongoing investigation, they repeatedly implored anyone who has had contact with Terri Horman, Kaine's estranged wife, or her friend DeDe Spicher, to contact authorities.

"If they know them or if they've talked to them ever, they need to come forward and share what they know," Young said.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/kaine_horman_challenges_those.html

JULY 27, 2010

Officials to share information into Oregon boy's disappearance
By the CNN Wire Staff
July 27, 2010 9:17 a.m. EDT

A statement released Friday by Kaine Horman and Kyron's mother, Desiree Young, described Spicher as someone who "has been in close communication with Terri [and] has been providing Terri with support and advice that is not in the best interests of our son."

The statement also described Spicher as uncooperative in the investigation and "going as far as to suggest to others that may have information regarding Kyron's disappearance not to cooperate as well."

Stavley disputed those comments Monday, saying Spicher has been "extremely cooperative" with police as they executed search warrants on her home and car. He said she also met with the lead investigator in the case last week for more than three hours.

He added that Spicher is not speaking to Terri Horman.
http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/07/27/oregon.missing.boy/index.html?eref=mrss_igoogle_cnn

JULY 23, 2010

Letter from Kyron's parents, stepfather

"We have been briefed by law enforcement on the most recent developments in Kyron’s case.  We have been informed that they have identified a person that has been in close communication with Terri Moulton Horman since Kyron went missing and her name is DeDe Spicher.  She has not only been in close communication with Terri but has been providing Terri with support and advice that is not in the best interests of our son.  Additional information provided shows that she is refusing to cooperate with law enforcement, she is also going as far as to suggest to others that may have information regarding Kyron’s disappearance, not to cooperate as well.  We implore DeDe Spicer (sic) to come forward and cooperate with the investigators in any way that they need in order to assist us in finding our son.  We will state further that if we find out through the investigation that she caused a delay in us finding our son due to her lack of cooperation, we will pursue civil remedies in this matter.

"We as a family cannot understand how anyone can look at Kyron’s smiling face, having information and choose not to help bring him home.  Please remember what this is about, it’s about bringing a wonderful little boy back to his family.

"Desiree, Tony, and Kaine"

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/investigators_put_pressure_on.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #493 on: July 30, 2010, 09:10:55 PM »

I don't think it's similar to poor Kronk. The thing with DeDe was, she DIDN'T come forward. Quite the opposite, she had to be subpoenaed before deigning to appear. She would have had none of this intense scrutiny by bloggers, including us, if she had done the right thing and talked to LE in the first place. Friendship should pale beside trying to find a missing child, unless one is somehow involved in that disappearance.

I agree Scatty.  There were reasons to "call her out".  She was staying at the Horman home after Kaine moved out with Kiara.  There's reason to wonder where she was on June 4th. 
d in texas
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #494 on: July 30, 2010, 09:23:57 PM »

I agree that people don't want to get involved because of possible repercussions, but what does that say about us as a society.  It is easy to say that people should be willing to do the right thing, but how many of us would actually do it? 

JMO>> have a feeling if DY and KH feel that LE isn't going to say they dang sure are, and would do the same.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #495 on: July 30, 2010, 09:34:24 PM »

I was not just talking about DeDe, in general I was talking about what Kat_Gram stated about others coming forward, and not wanting to be subjected to bad mouthing just because they may be a friend of Terri. I suppose a person could call the tip line and give info and not tell them who they were if they were afraid of that happening.
mchenry
Scared Monkey

« Reply #496 on: July 30, 2010, 09:38:18 PM »

DY and KH looked devistated in the press conf. I don't think Kyron is "statched". They seem to be hanging onto that, but there is little hope if that is not the case, and don't think they are willling to accept that he is no longer alive. Desiree appears to be living on a wing and a prayer. MAY GOD BE WITH THEM THROUGH THIS DIFFICULT TIME!
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #497 on: July 30, 2010, 10:41:51 PM »

Maybe DeDe had nothing to come forward with ? The FBI came to her house and took ??, and they have her text messages to Terri and anyone else. As far as I know, a person, any person had to be asked to appear before a GJ. Kaine and Desiree put that letter out without knowing that she was co operating. We also don't know if they asked her any questions or WTHeck
is going on. Does she know something ? Or doesn't she ? What was in the search warrant ? What were the returns ? If there was evidence that she ( DeDe ) knew where Kyron was, somoene would have gone to get him. She probably knows alot more than Kaine about Terri's state of mind and she might have been a confidant when there were problems in the marriage. She might have a few ideas about what Terri was doing during the day and that might be helpful in some manner.
Kaine doesn't seem to know much about what Terri was doing all day much less thinking and he is not going to tell us if it would portray himself in a bad light. There are too many maybes in this story and I don't like the way that the story from Kaine is shifting . ie the PPD, now she has it, now not so much, James leaving the house, no he didn't. Maybe there was fighting and arguing in the house and Kaine hid out and stuck his head in the sand with his work and working at home.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #498 on: July 30, 2010, 11:04:33 PM »

That's an excellent point.

Seems no one is thinking that a little boy's life might be on the line here.

Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #499 on: July 30, 2010, 11:26:18 PM »

I also don't think Kyron is being stashed somewhere.
From what they said today they want peeps who might have seen DeDe and Terri together
to come forward. There are alot of rural areas around where Terri was driving around on June 4th and IF she did do something to Kyron, most likely it was somewhere familiar to her and not Kaine. I don't believe that Terri was driving around aimlessly and she doesn't know where she was. Maybe that is information she has shared with her lawyer as part of her defense if this thing ever gets off the ground and she is charged. Who knows ? Maybe she had some sort of secret life during the day.
It is heartbeaking to see Desiree and think about what this is doing to her, but wanting Terri to talk isn't going to happen.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.