May 13, 2024, 07:13:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #175 11/29/10 - 12/20/10  (Read 172467 times)
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #720 on: December 14, 2010, 04:29:00 PM »

Reminder from Perry there is a status hearing Monday re penalty phase witnesses
And that's it.
Wait we are clarifying the hrs order.
ok... So it's 110 whatever the defense may be OVER. That's how many granted.
And how much they may be over is debatable. JAC needs to go through invoices.

JAC says they already are over. That's why it is 110. So they have 110 to work with AFTER JAC figures out how much over.

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #721 on: December 14, 2010, 04:33:15 PM »

Much less than he asked for as I anticipated, he asked for 300 hours

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #722 on: December 14, 2010, 04:33:43 PM »

Reminder from Perry there is a status hearing Monday re penalty phase witnesses
And that's it.
Wait we are clarifying the hrs order.
ok... So it's 110 whatever the defense may be OVER. That's how many granted.
And how much they may be over is debatable. JAC needs to go through invoices.

JAC says they already are over. That's why it is 110. So they have 110 to work with AFTER JAC figures out how much over.

so I guess every time Baez whines,he gets some more hours.   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #723 on: December 14, 2010, 04:33:47 PM »

Is this hearing today going to be televised?
No live video today but I found this Live Wire   http://livewire.wesh.com/Event/Casey_Anthony_Hearing_December_14_2010

Baez says there is "a plethora of witnesses that need to be interviewed"

He must be talking about us ... lol   Monkey Devil!
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #724 on: December 14, 2010, 04:35:47 PM »

No live video today but I found this Live Wire   http://livewire.wesh.com/Event/Casey_Anthony_Hearing_December_14_2010

Id like to give him a pletora of knuckle sandwiches!   Let him push on, in the end he's going to have a GUILTY verdict he has to live with

tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #725 on: December 14, 2010, 04:43:39 PM »

Id like to give him a pletora of knuckle sandwiches!   Let him push on, in the end he's going to have a GUILTY verdict he has to live with
Baez could care less about a guilty verdict. He's already made his money, with more to come when this is over. That's all he cares about, not even his reputation. MOO

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #726 on: December 14, 2010, 04:44:24 PM »

Thanks for the great links, articles, and interesting discussions!!!

As for Baez, he will push the limits as far as he can ...   
Rowanvamp0
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #727 on: December 14, 2010, 04:52:46 PM »

I feel so beat up and used after this hearing..Perry granting more hours..I'm beyound fustrated and I don't even live in FL so I can just imagne how the citizen feel there.  I just can't get over the fact that the judge granted more hours..can someone explain and maybe give more reasoning why to the fact that this was granted.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #728 on: December 14, 2010, 04:53:27 PM »

Thanks for the great links, articles, and interesting discussions!!!

As for Baez, he will push the limits as far as he can ...   

I appreciated the running commentary as well.

...seems Baez keeps pushing the limits and getting something each time, though.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #729 on: December 14, 2010, 04:56:22 PM »

http://www.wesh.com/caseyanthony/26129970/detail.html
Baez Argues For Additional $12K At Hearing
POSTED: 11:53 am EST December 14, 2010
UPDATED: 4:45 pm EST December 14, 2010
ORLANDO, Fla. -- Another money hearing was held on Tuesday in the case against Casey Anthony.

Defense attorney Jose Baez had asked for an additional 300 investigative hours.

Judge Belvin Perry turned down a similar request in October and only granted 60 hours for the defense at that time.

In court paperwork filed on Tuesday, Baez said that those hours have been exhausted and there is still new information in the case that must be investigated.

At the state-approved rate of $40 per hour, the 300 hours Baez requested could cost taxpayers $12,000. Anthony was declared indigent in March so a state agency now doles out funding for her defense.

Perry will hear a request from Baez to be reimbursed for the cost of flying his team of experts to Central Florida in July to review evidence.

The costs run into the thousands of dollars, but no specific amount was given.

The hearing will take place at 4 p.m

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #730 on: December 14, 2010, 04:59:46 PM »

Baez says all experts willing to follow JAC billing rules. Says order is needed from judge

JP says you can get an order when I see the details. I don't just give orders in blank.

I figured JP would give Bozo a few more hours. However, Bozo did get a slap from JP.   

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #731 on: December 14, 2010, 05:01:51 PM »

Baez says all experts willing to follow JAC billing rules. Says order is needed from judge

JP says you can get an order when I see the details. I don't just give orders in blank.

I figured JP would give Bozo a few more hours. However, Bozo did get a slap from JP.   
I thought so too Fanny, but come on....what in the heck did the defense do before JP was presiding?  Where did all that money go?  As a taxpayer, I want answers. 

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #732 on: December 14, 2010, 05:07:53 PM »

I thought so too Fanny, but come on....what in the heck did the defense do before JP was presiding?  Where did all that money go?  As a taxpayer, I want answers. 

Exactly,and the saying about death being on the table......what about Caylee?

~ Peter Frampton
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #733 on: December 14, 2010, 05:11:07 PM »

Yup! Makes you wonder.   

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #734 on: December 14, 2010, 05:15:38 PM »

Hi Monks.  So Baez learned a new word, "Plethora." He must have one of those "Word a day" calendars. 

When Baez submitted an acounting of the quarter million dollars, maybe three hundred thousand, to Strickland, he gave it to Strickland in the morning and Strickland OK'd it that afternoon.  I've never understood how that could have been approved so fast and without, as far as we know, a CPA going over it before the taxpayers of FL had to pony up thousands of dollars for this worthless tramp.  But there were a number of things Strickland did which I question, such as complimenting that marinade guy about his blog.  Also, his comment about Casey not being acquainted with the truth was, IMO, out of line.  Of course we all know that Casey is a liar.  But should a judge say it in open court?  I think not. I don't like what JP did this afternoon, either.  This is just more wasted money for Baez' "detectives" to harrass some more of Tim Millers' volunteers.  It should stop right now.  But, I'm not the judge. 

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #735 on: December 14, 2010, 05:16:35 PM »

I feel so beat up and used after this hearing..Perry granting more hours..I'm beyound fustrated and I don't even live in FL so I can just imagne how the citizen feel there.  I just can't get over the fact that the judge granted more hours..can someone explain and maybe give more reasoning why to the fact that this was granted.
d

In a few words, a fair trial.  While it seems he is succeeding in stalling & getting what he wants (in part) it doesnt necessarily mean its giving him any more advantage than he had two years ago.  While this may be frustrating (myself included), it is rather common pre trial that the defense is afforded more time to prepare & opportunity to defend their client zealously within judicial guidelines set forth.  According to CJBP, this trial will begin on time or not too far off from the date he scheduled.

I hate the idea that people will be harassed by the defense & deplore their conduct but the more they push it & indicate to the court that they need more time & arent shouting from the rooftops that they have exculpatory evidence indicates how desperate they are.   They are fishing upstream in a bottomless boat with no paddles.

Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #736 on: December 14, 2010, 05:18:51 PM »

And naturally Bozo knew there was NO way Jose that he would get the amount of hours he was asking for (300), but figured he'd get about half of whatever he did ask for. He suckered the court again.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #737 on: December 14, 2010, 05:21:03 PM »

Exactly,and the saying about death being on the table......what about Caylee?

For the defense this was never about Caylee the victim or Casey the murderer, it was about media famewhoring.   They are appearing to fight for Casey's life but truth be told all they wanted was a high profile case to put them in the spotlight.   If Casey had an ounce of humanity in her she would have confessed to what she did even if it was merely to save her own sorry waste of a life.

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #738 on: December 14, 2010, 05:26:20 PM »

Hi Monks.  So Baez learned a new word, "Plethora." He must have one of those "Word a day" calendars. 

When Baez submitted an acounting of the quarter million dollars, maybe three hundred thousand, to Strickland, he gave it to Strickland in the morning and Strickland OK'd it that afternoon.  I've never understood how that could have been approved so fast and without, as far as we know, a CPA going over it before the taxpayers of FL had to pony up thousands of dollars for this worthless tramp.  But there were a number of things Strickland did which I question, such as complimenting that marinade guy about his blog.  Also, his comment about Casey not being acquainted with the truth was, IMO, out of line.  Of course we all know that Casey is a liar.  But should a judge say it in open court?  I think not. I don't like what JP did this afternoon, either.  This is just more wasted money for Baez' "detectives" to harrass some more of Tim Millers' volunteers.  It should stop right now.  But, I'm not the judge. 

Since Judge Strickland's comment regarding Casey's lies was already a matter of record by her own omission, IMHO that is an accurate statement & not out of line.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #739 on: December 14, 2010, 05:27:05 PM »

http://www.wesh.com/r/26134277/detail.html
Perry Gives Casey Anthony Defense More Investigative Hours
Judge Grants Portion Of Request At Tuesday Hearing
POSTED: 5:08 pm EST December 14, 2010
UPDATED: 5:15 pm EST December 14, 2010
ORLANDO, Fla. -- Judge Belvin Perry granted Casey Anthony's defense more investigative hours at a Tuesday afternoon hearing.

Anthony defense attorney Jose Baez requested 300 additional hours, saying that that the hours that had already been granted by Perry had been exhausted.

Anthony was declared indigent in March, so a state agency now doles out money for her defense. That means costs such as investigative hours, which can reimbursed up to $40 per hour, must be approved by Perry.

Baez filed a similar motion in October. Perry only granted a portion of the hours Baez requested at that time.

In the latest request, Baez told Perry during Wednesday's hearing that the additional hours were needed to interview around 110 of the state's witnesses.

Baez said that the interviews needed to be conducted for the defense to do its due diligence in defending Anthony. He told Perry he did not believe these witnesses would need to be deposed.

Perry pointed out that since the murder charge Anthony faces could carry capitol punishment, he agreed that additional hours would not be excessive and he said that he wants the case to progress toward a May trial date.

Baez and a representative from the Justice Administrative Commission, which distributes funding for indigent clients, joined the hearing by phone.
After Perry granted additional investigative hours, the JAC representative pointed out that the defense may not have any hours left to use, seeing as the current invoices the commission has received already total more that what has been granted.

Perry pointed to at least one invoice, saying that he believes some of the costs that have been invoiced may not be reimbursable under the JAC's guidelines. The JAC said the invoices had not yet been gone through in detail.

Perry ended up saying the defense could have 110 hours to use after the JAC determined how many hours the defense had gone over its allotment. In other words, the defense will have 100 hours to use moving forward.

Perry also heard a motion from the defense asking for reimbursement of experts' travel expenses.

Baez said that the travel reimbursement requests had already been submitted to the JAC, but the requests were denied because there was no judge's order on the matter. Baez said he was requesting an order from Perry.

Perry replied that he would not issue an order without seeing exactly how much money Baez was requesting reimbursement for.

Another hearing will take place in the case on Monday afternoon. WESH.com will have live coverage of the hearing.

~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.