May 20, 2024, 05:57:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The problem with the Obama/Romney Care Models  (Read 1770 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: March 08, 2010, 08:39:55 AM »

What are the problems of the Obama/Romney care models? 

Obamacare, like Romneycare, forces responsible citizens to subsidize the greedy.

TAxpayers already pay for the needy, the medical/welfare tourists, and the greedy through higher costs.

The medical/welfare tourists and greedy use the ER for their care.  The costs of this care are shifted to others. 

Why doesn't Obamacare do more to prevent this kind of abuse?  If someone went into Goldman Sachs and stole money, I imagine it would be a national crisis and Obama would send in federal troops to keep out the thieves.

Why aren't these greedy folks being deported?  Why aren't their wages garnished, liens put on their homes, payment plans arranged?

The more I think of it, this is a kind of theft.  The costs of the greedy are socialized onto the rest of the us, the responsible who pay for our care, either though insurance or self pay.

What did Romney care do for MA?

It’s exploding the budget: Our “universal” health insurance scheme is already $47 million over budget for 2010. Romneycare will cost taxpayers more than $900 million next year alone.

It’s killing us on costs: Average Massachusetts premiums are the highest in the nation and rising. We also spend 27 percent more on health care services, per capita, than the national average. Those costs, contrary to what we were promised, have been going up faster here than nearly everywhere else.

All this damage to the taxpayers, the insured and the responsible business owners . . . and for what?

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/opinion/op_ed/view.bg?articleid=1237112&srvc=home&position=emailed

For some reason, Obama/Romney care have not addressed the problem of the greedy.

In private insurance, folks for years knew it was just wrong to allow the greedy to victimize the responsible folks.

As an example, if you wanted a policy, and needed your appendix removed, no problem, your application would be held until after the surgery.  Nothing in life is free. 

If you have money for a policy, why didn't you buy it last month, before you needed surgery?

How long will you keep that policy after it's paid all your expenses?

Should responsible people have to subsidize the greedy?

my opinions

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 08:43:50 AM »

Even more troubling, it is killing small businesses — the engine of economic prosperity, which generates the tax revenue that is the lifeblood of government.

If the president, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid want to get a glimpse of the world they are bent on creating, perhaps they should listen to Jeff Linehan.

Linehan, owner of Diversified Business Systems in Haverhill, which has been in business for 41 years and employs 60 people, was one of a number of small business owners at the Lawrence campus of Northern Essex Community College this past week, for a hearing before acting state Insurance Commissioner Joseph Murphy.

He told Murphy that he had just been informed that his health insurance costs were going up 46 percent under Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts. He said it now costs nearly $23,000 to insure an employee for a year. Since he splits the costs with his employees, a worker making $32,000 already pays a third of his income for health insurance.

And that doesn't count the fact that deductibles and co-pays will also rise.

Tom Archambault, who employs fewer than 11 workers at his Haverhill restaurant, and is therefore not under a state mandate to provide health insurance, said he looked into it because he wanted to help his employees.

He couldn't afford it, because the costs were "astronomical."

This, as critics warned, is leading to more government control. Gov. Deval Patrick has said state government will start limiting health insurance premiums, undermining the promise that universal health care in Massachusetts would continue to operate within the private sector.

http://www.eagletribune.com/puopinion/local_story_065015536.html?keyword=secondarystory

What did Romney care do to address the freeloaders?  Those that expect to pay $1 and get $1,000 in care?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 01:54:00 PM »

The problem comes down to just a few facts..

The fact is before Health insurance, you could take your child to a doctor for a checkup cheap.
Not now.

The fact before Health insurance, Doctors competed in the open market just like any other form of business.

The fact is now that health care insurance is the norm, exorbitant prices are paid by insurance companies to greedy hospitals and specialzed doctors for services that are less then High Standards promised..

How many times have you read about mistakes made by surgeons or nurses..
How many times have you been far less then satisfied and even may have received a wrong diagnoses..

The FACT IS... Medical costs and services have to be brought under control..
The insurance industry, who is invested in the Hospitals and coverages like Kaiser and Blue Cross as well as ALL the Pharmaceutical industry are the ONLY ONES that will profit from this national coverage program.
Government is not run by common sense and standard business practices....
It is run by politicians, many of whom have never worked a real job in there life..
Just Like Mr. Obama.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2010, 02:22:21 PM »

President Barack Obama accused insurance companies of placing profits over people and said Republicans ignored long-festering problems when they held power as he sought to build support Monday for swift passage of legislation stalled in Congress.

"How much higher do premiums have to rise before we do something about it?" said Obama, making the first in an expected string of out-of-town trips to pitch his plan to remake the health care system.

The president said dismissively that Republican critics in Congress say they want to do something about rising health care costs, but said they did not when they held power. "You had 10 years. What happened. What were you doing?" he said to applause from an audience at Arcadia University.

=====================================================

Mr. Obama is aware of the situation BUT The true CURE evades him because of various factors..

This is the cure as I see it.

Cancel all health insurance except for major claims above 5000.00
This will make doctors compete for business below 5000.00

Only allow insurance companies to offer MAJOR Medical insurance..
Everything above 5000.00

Most people do not need major medical in there life..

Then after age 65 U.S. government to supply ALL elderly with full coverage.
Anyways that is just my thoughts on this subject.

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2010, 09:04:39 AM »

Nothing to keep medical tourists/opportunists out.

Nothing to hold hospitals and other providers accountable for the uncompensated care they give out - another blank check paid for by taxpayers.

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.