May 06, 2024, 01:52:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #43 6/30/09 - 7/07/09  (Read 554849 times)
crazybabyborg
« Reply #620 on: July 02, 2009, 02:53:32 PM »

CBB - how is your baby this morning....that face is just precious!!

KuBear is doing better today!   
It's one one of those rare summer days when the temp and humidity isn't ridiculously high, and she's opted to lay outside the front door on the welcome mat and just watch the world go by! 

4 deer came meandering through the yard next door and she did stand and bark, but not the usual "dash to the edge of the invisible fence, going nuts" stuff. She's better and so far hasn't been compulsive about the licking. She's drinking and ate her breakfast, (I fixed her some eggs and a little cottage cheese)  so I'm hoping the worst is over!

Now, if the report will just come back with a clean bill of health, we'll be great!

Thanks for asking, and thanks to everyone for the well wishes!!. I'm going to have to leave her this afternoon, because I have an appointment, but I feel sure she'll be OK!   
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #621 on: July 02, 2009, 03:04:29 PM »

It's one one of those rare summer days when the temp and humidity isn't ridiculously high, and she's opted to lay outside the front door on the welcome mat and just watch the world go by! 

4 deer came meandering through the yard next door and she did stand and bark, but not the usual "dash to the edge of the invisible fence, going nuts" stuff. She's better and so far hasn't been compulsive about the licking. She's drinking and ate her breakfast, (I fixed her some eggs and a little cottage cheese)  so I'm hoping the worst is over!

Now, if the report will just come back with a clean bill of health, we'll be great!

Thanks for asking, and thanks to everyone for the well wishes!!. I'm going to have to leave her this afternoon, because I have an appointment, but I feel sure she'll be OK!   

CBB, it sounds like KuBear is doing great and on the "mend".

I agree, she should be fine while you are at your appointment.

BTW, In my experience with dogs , they often get all sorts of "Fatty tumors", cyst and all sorts of menacing appearing lesions and lumps and 99% of them are benign.  I pray this is the case with your beloved KuBear too.
 an angelic monkey
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #622 on: July 02, 2009, 03:09:17 PM »

MODS: I know there was a thread for this but for the life of me I can't find it 

http://www.cbs8.com/Global/story.asp?S=10622800

Playing Cards Generate Tips In Cold Case Murders
Posted: Jun 30, 2009 10:15 PM EDT
Updated: Jun 30, 2009 10:15 PM EDT
Crimestoppers is hoping a deck of playing cards can help solve dozens of cold case homicides. One murder case was solved this week, simply because a jail inmate decided to shuffle the deck.

Decks of the special playing cards are handed out to jail inmates by San Diego Crimestoppers. The cards feature photographs of local murder victims from unsolved cases.

"The goal the whole time was to have these cards in somebody's hands that would hopefully break the case," SDPD Officer Jim Johnson said.

That's exactly what happened this week, in the 2003 murder of two local women gunned down in front of Dr. J's liquor store in Lincoln Park. Police say a former gang member serving time in jail noticed the photographs of the victims, Sharen Burton and Carol Waites.

"We had a couple of witnesses that were playing with the cards. They knew some information about the Burton and Waites case and fortunately they decided to come forward at this point," Officer Johnson said.

The cards have been in circulation for about two years, and police have made arrests in four of the 52 cases. The liquor store shooting is the first case solved by the Crimestoppers playing cards.

"We've got 48 unsolved cases still on this original deck of 52 cards, and of course it's our goal to solve every one of these cases," Officer Johnson said.

One of the cases is that of Dewan Emerson, whose naked body was found strangled and mutilated in Southeast San Diego in 1987.

Another card features the unsolved murder of 68-year-old Jane Kling, whose body was found in Mexico in 2006. Witnesses say she was traveling with an unidentified woman.

Another playing card features murder victim Eddie Meram, the owner of Dr. J's Liquor. He was killed at the same liquor store during a robbery in 2003. His case is still unsolved, despite a $20,000 reward offered in the case.

"They're difficult cases, and we're hoping that anybody that has any information on these cases decides to come forward. That's why we printed these cards," Officer Johnson said.

Interesting story, LL...thanks for posting it...What ever works!!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #623 on: July 02, 2009, 03:10:58 PM »

I got my fingers crossed....several of my dogs have had masses removed and they were all OK.....

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #624 on: July 02, 2009, 03:12:05 PM »

BTW, In my experience with dogs , they often get all sorts of "Fatty tumors", cyst and all sorts of menacing appearing lesions and lumps and 99% of them are benign.  I pray this is the case with your beloved KuBear too.
 an angelic monkey

Art, I agree...these are not unusual.  But they are scary.

Rest in Peace Caylee

mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #625 on: July 02, 2009, 03:23:15 PM »

OH CBB, I am glad Ku is feeling better.   

My little guy is feeling much better too.  He just gave me a real hard time with the saline injection!  He did not want it done!! 

I left a message with the vet about his coughing but still waiting to hear back.   Tyler used to have a little coughing trick.  He would cough and cough to wake me up.  It is just a game - when I tell him to stop, he will.  We played out little game this morning!   

Lately, after he got put on a new med, he has had to bark at me to get up - either way, he always wins!!   
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #626 on: July 02, 2009, 03:41:43 PM »

an angelic monkey

Art, I agree...these are not unusual.  But they are scary.

They sure are scarey. It sure keeps the DoggieMom on pins and needles til the Vet gives the "All Clear" 
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #627 on: July 02, 2009, 03:43:12 PM »

CBB and Mytime.Glad your babies are doing better today. 

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #628 on: July 02, 2009, 03:43:27 PM »

My little guy is feeling much better too.  He just gave me a real hard time with the saline injection!  He did not want it done!! 

I left a message with the vet about his coughing but still waiting to hear back.   Tyler used to have a little coughing trick.  He would cough and cough to wake me up.  It is just a game - when I tell him to stop, he will.  We played out little game this morning!   

Lately, after he got put on a new med, he has had to bark at me to get up - either way, he always wins!!   

MyTime, I am so happy that your little Tyler seems to be feeling better today!  He sure sounds like a character, too     Monkey Devil!
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #629 on: July 02, 2009, 03:54:31 PM »

Yeah MyTime and CBB
Good news about Tyler and KuBear both doing so much better. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #630 on: July 02, 2009, 03:56:29 PM »

MT...good news that he is feeling better. I wouldn';t want someone poking me with a needle either

Rest in Peace Caylee

mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #631 on: July 02, 2009, 04:13:14 PM »

MyTime, I am so happy that your little Tyler seems to be feeling better today!  He sure sounds like a character, too     Monkey Devil!

He really is!!  He is a funny little guy!!  They all are in their own way but he is truly a character!   

mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #632 on: July 02, 2009, 04:15:38 PM »

MaryMary's Birthday thread!!   

For those of you who don't know her, I can honestly say you could never "meet" a funnier and sweeter person!!   

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5562.0
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #633 on: July 02, 2009, 04:33:55 PM »

I am happy, happy, happy....my house is spotless, my dogs are bathed and groomed, the sun is shining and I am sitting here with iced coffee with a bit of Irish Cream and listening to IL Divo (going to see them in concert on the 19th), my DH is bringing home dinner, and I am catching up on my favorite monkeoples!!   WOOHOO

Rest in Peace Caylee

mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #634 on: July 02, 2009, 05:21:51 PM »

I am happy, happy, happy....my house is spotless, my dogs are bathed and groomed, the sun is shining and I am sitting here with iced coffee with a bit of Irish Cream and listening to IL Divo (going to see them in concert on the 19th), my DH is bringing home dinner, and I am catching up on my favorite monkeoples!!   WOOHOO

Oh, how I envy you!  I am sitting outside with a dark grey sky and the humidity is awful.  The house was cleaned on Monday - so it is not that bad!  PT is bringing home dinner but I still am still feeling uptight about my little doggie.   
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #635 on: July 02, 2009, 05:48:08 PM »

Oh, how I envy you!  I am sitting outside with a dark grey sky and the humidity is awful.  The house was cleaned on Monday - so it is not that bad!  PT is bringing home dinner but I still am still feeling uptight about my little doggie.   

I feel bad for you....come here, let me give ya some sugar!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #636 on: July 02, 2009, 05:53:09 PM »

I feel bad for you....come here, let me give ya some sugar!!

Thank you!  I feel much better now!!   an angelic monkey
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #637 on: July 02, 2009, 05:56:09 PM »

Did you see my HB greeting for Mary Mary? 
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #638 on: July 02, 2009, 06:00:14 PM »

Funny!!!
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #639 on: July 02, 2009, 06:01:57 PM »

DAYAM I want that for my birthday!  WOOHOO...DAYAM!!!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.