May 21, 2024, 04:40:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #549 11/27 - 11/28/2006  (Read 111768 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: November 27, 2006, 12:01:10 PM »

You all know the rules

Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2006, 01:22:10 PM »

Cbb, I responded and it accepted, but is not there, that I think I would have loved your mom based on what you wrote.  Corker?  Smart lady, that corker.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2006, 01:22:12 PM »

Working on a project at the moment, so if I don't respond right away that's why  Wink
crazybabyborg
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2006, 01:44:33 PM »

Quote from: "Tylergal"
Cbb, I responded and it accepted, but is not there, that I think I would have loved your mom based on what you wrote.  Corker?  Smart lady, that corker.

Thx, Tyler. She was Queen of the "One Line Wisdom Givers". I've come to realize she kept it short and sweet so I'd remember what she said!  Laughing

I'll always remember as a seven year old trying to explain why I had gotten my Easter dress muddy and torn; "But Mom, it's only natural to be in a hurry to find what the Easter Bunny hid for me, and not change clothes first!" Her reply? " Young Lady, Nature is what we were put here to rise above!"

Boy, did that one ring in my ears in a LOT of circumstances as I grew up!
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2006, 01:46:55 PM »

Your mother sounds so wise, CBB.  My grandmother was a lot like that.  Some of her best were related to premarital sex but I will not post them here as I tend to be going off on a tangent this morning.  I think I would have loved your mother.

Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2006, 01:47:50 PM »

Can we bring the post of the wife being questioned in the assault to this page or can we post it on the Anna & Mrs. Marples' thread.  This is quite interesting.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2006, 01:48:34 PM »

This just posted on the SM front page by Michael, another poster from the Netherlands that watched the show:

I’m also from The Netherlands and saw the show last night.
Some people here are wondering why the Dutch weren’t posting earlier on this site. I think most Dutch people thought the same I did before I saw the show of Peter R. de Vries. Thousands of girls are missing every year and now some American rich girl with connections is missing in Aruba and the whole US are coming down on the Island and those arrogant Americans try to take over the investigation their way. So I think a lot of the Dutch took automatically the side of the van der Sloots.
In The Netherlands it was not a big news item as it was in the US, so a lot of details which were shown last night in the Peter R. de Vries show were new for most of us.

After seeing the show last night I can’t make any other conclusion then that Joran has something to do with the disappearance of Natalee. I’m not convinced that he killed her because I think that the theory of an overdoses drank and drugs is also a good possibility.

It seems to me that Paul has a part in it also by helping his son to bury Natalee and making up the first story that all three of the boys told the first time. In this story were a lot of small particular details that only a person that has experience with this type of investigations or cases can come up with.

Peter R. de Vries is a investigator with a good reputation in The Netherlands. He helped to solve many cases witch the police couldn’t solve. So it’s a good thing that he picked up this case and maybe last night show woke up The Dutch government in The Hague.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2006, 01:50:51 PM »

From another Dutch poster, Michael Vos - posted on the front page of SM:

Helly everyone,

From the start, I was very upset by the way the investigation in the Holloway-case was done. After the airing of the show last night in the Netherlands, two leading newspapers (Telegraaf and Algemeen Dagblad) have published articles that are critical on the whole investigation. A lot of upset reactions are given too on the papers’ websites:

Telegraaf article: http://www.telegraaf.nl/binnenland/54297081/_Onderzoek_zaak_Holloway_gefrustreerd_.html

AD article:
http://www.ad.nl/binnenland/article847686.ece

On this website, it’s easy to copy paste dutch and translate into english:
http://babelfish.altavista.com/

make sure to select English to Dutch and then press translate…

I want to state that there is a large group of people that does not trust the government, police and judicial system on Aruba. I feel that after the airing of Peter R de Vries yesterday, the whole case may be resolved soon. De Vries has a really good reputation in solving ‘cold’ cases and bringing murderers to justice.

The part in which Joran was confronted was very interesting.

I hope this documentary is shown in the US too (subtitled), because it will show you that the Dutch want this case resolved too and are on the side of the Holloway family.

Michael Vos
Leiden - Netherlands
Sue
Monkey Junky

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2006, 01:56:45 PM »

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO
Natalee is making dutch Newspaper

Joran, Deepak & Satish You F***ers will never be worth anything in your life ever
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2006, 01:59:44 PM »

Can we bring the post of the wife being questioned in the assault to this page or can we post it on the Anna & Mrs. Marples' thread.  This is quite interesting.

ORANJESTAD – Glenda Oduber, wife of Prime Minister Nelson Oduber (MEP) is called to witness in the matter of the reporting against Minister Ramon Lee.  The national detective is currently investigating a reporting on sexual offence against the minister of Labour, Sport, and Culture.  Oduber’s wife is interrogated because before the reporting, the supposed victim had telephoned her about what happened.   “Hundreds of people call here every day with all sorts of storeys.  We cannot check everything whether they are true or not.  That would mean that we are in court every day or called to witness”, was the premier’s comment on the witness call.  

Oduber says that they received the call to witness via fax around 16:30 on Thursday.  Several newspapers reported this the next day already, which is very strange.  “Only we and the Public prosecutor are supposed to know about the call”, said Oduber.  His opinion is that all the parties have to be careful and reserved about the case.  “It’s a very sensitive matter and I regret the way everything is now in the media.  I also regret the fact that I had to hear the woman cry again telling her story on several radio stations today (Friday, editor).”  

He therefore hopes that the OM will soon have a definite answer on the legal actions and on what had happened exactly.  It’s not right for the government and definitely not for his wife.  He does not understand why his wife was called by the National detectives.  “This is a small community and everybody has stories.  Since I receive a lot of calls, my wife has become kind of a secretary at home.  She hears so many things, but she cannot determine what is true and what is not.  Why didn’t the woman go straight to the police instead of calling my house?  Only somebody that has seen what happened or that knows the details can be considered a witness.  And that’s not my wife.”
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2006, 02:22:21 PM »

According to the De Vries show, the go between person for the photoshopped photo of Joran was KEES.  This was posted on the JoranVDS Blot back on January 27, 2006:

msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2006, 02:25:21 PM »

Tyler, Klaas - The case itself is on page 10 of the M&C thread. It would be easiest if Klaas could just edit this tidbit in.

I have some thoughts about what we know of the show yesterday, but also some questions - that I hope a full translation will answer.

Meanwhile, it is awesome that it has generated interest in The Netherlands. As many of us have said, only an outside force is going to crack that Aruba-Dutch wall, and I hope this is the beginning.

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2006, 02:29:06 PM »

Quote from: "msmarple"

Tyler, Klaas - The case itself is on page 10 of the M&C thread. It would be easiest if Klaas could just edit this tidbit in.

I have some thoughts about what we know of the show yesterday, but also some questions - that I hope a full translation will answer.

Meanwhile, it is awesome that it has generated interest in The Netherlands. As many of us have said, only an outside force is going to crack that Aruba-Dutch wall, and I hope this is the beginning.

Thanx bunches, Ms. Marples and Klaas.  I think that would be great.

I agree this is much needed despite the fact there is nothing here new to us except the photo-shopped picture of the Delicious Sporter with Natalee.  

It makes me wonder regards the "theft" in Joran's apartment if his roommate is undercover while Joran thinks this is his best bud.   Wink   One never knows where plants reside.

Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2006, 02:31:22 PM »

Thanks, San, for bringing that over.  This is a strange place, this Aruba.  I wonder what the Dutch really think about this place after all the recent events and reading from a free press, a blog that is free to state beliefs and some myths, and yet stick closely to the truth as we can not knowing anymore than we do and especially not knowing who all the players are.  Karen Janssen never redeemed herself and still does not to this day.

Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2006, 02:33:18 PM »

Time to do a little work while I listen to the press coverage of Alabama's turn-about in coaches, hang some Christmas ornaments and try to at least get the bows on the wreaths so DH can hang them.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2006, 02:40:11 PM »

Quote from: "msmarple"

Done Wink
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2006, 02:40:58 PM »

Time to do a little work while I listen to the press coverage of Alabama's turn-about in coaches, hang some Christmas ornaments and try to at least get the bows on the wreaths so DH can hang them.

Tyler, just tune in to Finebaum now....he just pre-empted Rush Limbaugh by 30 minutes and began his show early he is so gleeful. He's breathless.
igsigs
Monkey Junky

« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2006, 02:53:30 PM »

FOB and Daniel

Photochopped

Danny Boy sure has FOB up in arms over his mysterious interpretation of Joran's photoshop efforts. Sure has peaked my interest. Here is my non-conclusive and sure-to-be-wrong read on what he is trying to say...

He knows more about this picture than De Vries. He believes this because surely De Vries would have noted on the program this paticular piece of info if he had known about it. Part of Joran's motivation here was to create the false impression that he knew Natalee before her Aruba trip. Yet because of his knowledge of the history of the original photo and his personal expertise in the related technical field re photo/vids...Daniel believes there was/is something more sinister afoot.

I find Daniel credible here. He is a Sloot defender but not at the expense of justice. And De Vries/Joran have stumbled into an area of interest to Daniel so he decided to speak out. He has offerred to speak to Anita because he believes Joran is lying to her. He also is debating whether or not to inform the police or De Vries. He thinks this whole episode reflects very badly on Joran. Should be interesting...
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2006, 03:05:15 PM »

Quote from: "igsigs"
FOB and Daniel

Photochopped

Danny Boy sure has FOB up in arms over his mysterious interpretation of Joran's photoshop efforts. Sure has peaked my interest. Here is my non-conclusive and sure-to-be-wrong read on what he is trying to say...

He knows more about this picture than De Vries. He believes this because surely De Vries would have noted on the program this paticular piece of info if he had known about it. Part of Joran's motivation here was to create the false impression that he knew Natalee before her Aruba trip. Yet because of his knowledge of the history of the original photo and his personal expertise in the related technical field re photo/vids...Daniel believes there was/is something more sinister afoot.

I find Daniel credible here. He is a Sloot defender but not at the expense of justice. And De Vries/Joran have stumbled into an area of interest to Daniel so he decided to speak out. He has offerred to speak to Anita because he believes Joran is lying to her. He also is debating whether or not to inform the police or De Vries. He thinks this whole episode reflects very badly on Joran. Should be interesting...

Igsigs - I agree and I'd love to know how Daniel knows so much.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2006, 03:08:07 PM »

privately I think Daniel has always wanted the truth of this, I also trust if he has information of value to the LE that he will address that appropriately.

I continue to stand with the girl.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.