May 21, 2024, 08:33:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #625 5/20-5/22/2007  (Read 162659 times)
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #600 on: May 21, 2007, 10:46:45 PM »

Quote from: "bleachedblack"
Quote from: "Tylergal"
Art, you do not have to answer me if you do not want to, but sometimes I think surgery and/or therapy in and around the brain can make one stutter.  I always suspected Rainman in the movie (in real life) had undergone ECT which made him stutter.  No proof of anything I say, but I have a friend whose brother stuttered after AVM surgery.  It is amazing how we even make it through these procedures, muchless ever walk or talk again.  The brain is a delicate little creature.

Carrying on with this OT train of thought (no pun intended), the brain is truely
amazing. One thing that I find fascinating is that often when someone has a stroke that effects the part of the brain involving the ability to speak and express oneself, if that person has a second language say English, they often loose the ability to speak English, but  retain the ability to still  speak their original language. This does not happen 100% of the time but frequently. I guess what I find interesting is that I would think speech would be generated from the same part of the brain.......apparently no completely true.

Hi bb that is interesting.  Would it be more of a memory part that is affected rather than the speech part of the brain?

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #601 on: May 21, 2007, 10:46:54 PM »

Quote from: "Angiex911dsptchr"
Quote from: "Dihannah1"
Evening

Anyone watching the bachelor??  If he picks BEVIN..  I am gonna barf!

Hi Ange!  Not watching.  We've been on an interesting 'culture' conversation and different food.  Hope you've had a great day!

Worked all damn day  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Looking forward to next Monday when I FONALLY have a flipping day off

I feel for ya sweetie!  Today my first day back for a week after my surgery.  THEN I'm there an hour and get a call my hubby was in an accident.  A guy's brakes went out and rammed him in the rear-end!  He is ok, just a painful case of 'whiplash'.  Probably be off a few days.

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #602 on: May 21, 2007, 10:47:04 PM »

Quote from: "casa"
Woooooooooooooo Hoooooooooooooooo TESS is the girl!!! Yipeeeee

Cry Bevin Cry..   Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil

Ha Ha Tell us how you really feel, Angie!!  I wasn't crazy about either one of them but I definitely like Tessa better!!

NOW I feel kind of sorry for her seeing her crying.. When you dump your guts to someone.. give them your heart and they dont want it. Sad
I feel for her in that aspect. Tough to care for someone... bend over backwards.. and get pushed away.
<but I still dont like her.. lol>  I feel for her though.
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #603 on: May 21, 2007, 10:47:21 PM »

My kid is about as happy as you are Angie.  She's just really pleased he picked the brunette.  I think it's because she's a brunette too. OMG!  You guys should hear what my kid is saying right now...I think I need my muffs.  Shocked
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #604 on: May 21, 2007, 10:47:43 PM »

Quote from: "BTgirl"
Quote from: "Tylergal"
Quote from: "NM"

you mean your cooker doesn't increment in regulos Laughing  Gotta run the hoover while wearing my braces and jumper. j/k I am not going to vaccum!

Yes, you're absolutely right. And what I'm going to cook with my cooker is gammon and aubergines and baps.  Laughing

Ah, eggplant.  You have to cook that right, also; otherwise, it is poison.

I'm not surprised. It sure looks poisonous.  Laughing

you have to soak eggplant in warm salted water to take the bitter taste out.... works like a charm... the water will be kind of brownish when you toss it... but it works...

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #605 on: May 21, 2007, 10:47:43 PM »

parody

Greta : so the suspect has a chamber under his house?

Police : yes he does.

Greta : hmmm... is there a pantless beach troll in the area?

Police : huh?

Greta : I'm tryin to get a feel for who could have done this crime.

Police : ahhh ok

Greta : is it true that the main suspect will not take a polygraph?

Police : yes it is.

Greta : does the pantless beach troll live in the bushes?

Police : ahhh we dont have a pantless beach troll

Greta : are you sure.. you seem to have zeroed in on this guy.. do you have a reason?

Police : he is a formal suspect.

Greta : I would look for a beach troll with a shovel and no pants

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
crazybabyborg
« Reply #606 on: May 21, 2007, 10:48:09 PM »

Ya'll scared me to death! I saw how many monkeys were online and thought something was up!  Laughing

Now, I find out it's the bachelor!  Laughing

When that show started this season, there was a girl from Kingsport on there. She prolly didn't last long. I didn't think she was anything special. Haven't seen it since.
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #607 on: May 21, 2007, 10:49:27 PM »

Evening

Hi Ange!  Not watching.  We've been on an interesting 'culture' conversation and different food.  Hope you've had a great day!

Worked all damn day  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Looking forward to next Monday when I FONALLY have a flipping day off

I feel for ya sweetie!  Today my first day back for a week after my surgery.  THEN I'm there an hour and get a call my hubby was in an accident.  A guy's brakes went out and rammed him in the rear-end!  He is ok, just a painful case of 'whiplash'.  Probably be off a few days.

Oh, DiHanna, so sorry to hear about your hubby.
Boy, things all seem to happen at once, don't they?
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #608 on: May 21, 2007, 10:50:00 PM »

Quote from: "crazybabyborg"
Ya'll scared me to death! I saw how many monkeys were online and thought something was up!  Laughing

When that show started this season, there was a girl from Kingsport on there. She prolly didn't last long. I didn't think she was anything special. Haven't seen it since.

Who would have guessed that 46 monkeys wanted to talk about okra and eggplant?  Laughing

I Stand With The Girl
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #609 on: May 21, 2007, 10:50:06 PM »

Hi Angie.  

Howdy BT!!  Smile
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #610 on: May 21, 2007, 10:50:37 PM »

Quote from: "Artcolley"
Evening

Oh, DiHanna, so sorry to hear about your hubby.
Boy, things all seem to happen at once, don't they?

It does, doesn't it?  When it rains, it POURS!

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #611 on: May 21, 2007, 10:50:47 PM »

Robert Murat is getting a case of the vapors.. better get the fainting couch out.. what a pansy!

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
crazybabyborg
« Reply #612 on: May 21, 2007, 10:50:52 PM »

I can't watch that show. I wouldn't put myself on a meat market like that for ANYONE!!!! Even at their age, there ain't no way, no how.

How demeaning!
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #613 on: May 21, 2007, 10:51:21 PM »

Dihannah,

I'm glad your hubby didn't suffer anything worse than whiplash!

I Stand With The Girl
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #614 on: May 21, 2007, 10:51:36 PM »

It is strange...I log on and it's all about food and men...go figure.  Laughing
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #615 on: May 21, 2007, 10:51:40 PM »

Evening

Shocked  I am glad he wasnt hurt any worse.  Ohhh poor you going back to work.. Ughhhhhhhh. I hope  YOU are feeling better!  Smile
crazybabyborg
« Reply #616 on: May 21, 2007, 10:52:12 PM »

Who would have guessed that 46 monkeys wanted to talk about okra and eggplant?  Laughing

I could understand if it were okra and tomatoes............. Laughing

I love eggplant parmegian (sp?)
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #617 on: May 21, 2007, 10:52:16 PM »

I KNow!!!  THe pages are moving so fast that I am having trouble keeping up! Laughing
Its good to see, though!
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #618 on: May 21, 2007, 10:52:16 PM »

Quote from: "Lala'sMom"
It is strange...I log on and it's all about food and men...go figure.  Laughing

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

I Stand With The Girl
casa
Monkey Junky

« Reply #619 on: May 21, 2007, 10:53:29 PM »

Quote from: "casa"
Woooooooooooooo Hoooooooooooooooo TESS is the girl!!! Yipeeeee

Cry Bevin Cry..   Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil

Ha Ha Tell us how you really feel, Angie!!  I wasn't crazy about either one of them but I definitely like Tessa better!!

NOW I feel kind of sorry for her seeing her crying.. When you dump your guts to someone.. give them your heart and they dont want it. Sad
I feel for her in that aspect. Tough to care for someone... bend over backwards.. and get pushed away.
<but I still dont like her.. lol>  I feel for her though.

I feel for her too Angie.  I have been where she is as far as giving my all and being pushed away.  Don't think she was right for him though.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.