May 14, 2024, 08:05:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Marie Cummings #8 3/18/09 - 3/23/09  (Read 291871 times)
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #620 on: March 19, 2009, 02:58:27 PM »

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/18967351/detail.html

Ron now has an attorney!

Interestingly enough, the law firm says they are not representing Misty!

Haleigh's Father Hires Lawyer Amid Abuse Allegations
Lawyers Will Coordinate With Police, Media

POSTED: Thursday, March 19, 2009
UPDATED: 1:31 pm EDT March 19, 2009
SATSUMA, Fla. -- The father of a missing Putnam County girl has obtained legal counsel.

According to a news release issued by the personal injury firm, the law office of Kimball & Snider has agreed to represent Ronald Cummings as a pro bono client.

The release refers to Cummings as a victim in need of legal advice.

Cummings' five-year-old daughter, Haleigh, was reported missing from her Satsuma home in February.

Haleigh's mother, Crystal Sheffield, recently hired a lawyer as well. Her lawyer has accused Cummings of abusing the couple's son, Ronald Cummings Jr.

Cummings' lawyers will take over responsibility for assisting Cummings with police cooperation, coordinating media attention and handling a potential custody battle with Sheffield.

The news release describes Sheffield's lawyer's abuse allegations as "unsubstantiated" and said that Cummings sees the claims as a "cheap shot and publicity stunt that detracts from the search for Haleigh."

Kimball & Snider will not be representing Cummings' new wife, Misty Croslin.

Heart
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #621 on: March 19, 2009, 02:58:33 PM »

This is where it gets tainted too.  We are all victims of the Anthony's now, we will never look at any situation the same ever again.  We will find it hard to not gun for the families of these victims now that we have been double crossed by Cindy and George.

I do not think that Ron is Mr. Wonderfull either, I agree with you that if he is honest and hard working then I am Mother Theresa.

The point I have been trying to get across for the past hour is simply this.  Crystal has an opportunity here to show she is the better parent.  That will help her in her fight to get Jr and Haleigh full custody.....but she is only hurting herself with this mudslinging and juvenile behavior.
I agree Dolce.  Crystal has the opportunity to rise above the juvenile behavior and try for custody without mudslinging.  She could just let her attorney handle things behind the scenes.  Not sure why she seems to want to bring herself lower with the mudslinging etc.  Unless it's because that's all she could think of that might work.  And with the atty stepping in, that might help Crystal refocus and get a grip, hauling herself out of the mud pit, and taking a higher road in her fight for Jr.... and Haleigh, should she return.  Hopefully what her atty will help her realize is that she *can* rise above it all, with dignity and respect, fight for custody, and in the end she may convince the court that she's the better parent after all.  Seems like her actions have much to do with that!  She may just not have known how, before. 
Wycks ~ thanks for putting my thoughts into words . . . now I don't have to try and make an attempt!

You're welcome, tcumom, anytime!   

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
JuJu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #622 on: March 19, 2009, 02:58:44 PM »

HI MONKEYS!

Did anybody ever find out if the rumours about misty's "3 day bender"  or rc "having to go to a drug dealers house and drag her home" were true or not?

Regrets, I've had a few......
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #623 on: March 19, 2009, 03:03:02 PM »

I still think that Mistie knows something and I think that if I was Chrystal and I found out that Ronald married Mistie, then I would have done whatever I had too to get my other child away from her since now its known that she will be the one living with Ronald as the new Mrs. Cummings, Oh yea, I wouldnt want my child around her at all....
I would not allow my dog around Misty, let alone a child. And where is Misty and Ron, they seem to be very quiet. 
Well thats because there is a snake among them.
or one of them is a snake themselves,  either way,  not my chld ....no way!!

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #624 on: March 19, 2009, 03:06:42 PM »

Ron now has an attorney!

SATSUMA, Fla. -- The father of a missing Putnam County girl has obtained legal counsel.

According to a news release issued by the personal injury firm, the law office of Kimball & Snider has agreed to represent Ronald Cummings as a pro bono client.

Cummings' five-year-old daughter, Haleigh, was reported missing from her Satsuma home in February.

Haleigh's mother, Crystal Sheffield, recently hired a lawyer as well. Her lawyer has accused Cummings of abusing the couple's son, Ronald Cummings Jr.

Cummings' lawyers will take over responsibility for assisting Cummings with police cooperation, coordinating media attention and handling a potential custody battle with Sheffield.

The news release describes Sheffield's lawyer's abuse allegations as "unsubstantiated" and said that Cummings sees the claims as a "cheap shot and publicity stunt that detracts from the search for Haleigh."

Iwouldnt either, how can you represent someone that cant even thik straight

Oh I know someone is gonna say they are not representing her because they are helping Ronald with the custody think and recent child abuse charges, but,,,,,,,,She is married to ronald now and I would think  would have some say so and could tell impotant answers to the aleged abuse!!

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #625 on: March 19, 2009, 03:09:24 PM »

I wouldnt either, how can you represent someone that cant even thik straight

Oh I know someone is gonna say they are not representing her because they are helping Ronald with the custody think and recent child abuse charges, but,,,,,,,,She is married to ronald now and I would think  would have some say so and could tell impotant answers to the aleged abuse!!
Unless the stance is one against Misty putt her up as the abuser.

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #626 on: March 19, 2009, 03:10:20 PM »

When the thing about child support first came out, I saw on Fox Orlando that Ms. Neves said 17,000.00 to someone from the area who called her. Then it was 4,000.00.
The timing of this and that it was Ms. Neves who was the orginal source for the tidbit made me look at Crystal with a different view than what I have now.
Bottom line is that Crystal was at home when the call to her was made. I assume that Chad Griffs was at home too.
That van thing is also puzzling. That article says there was a family member staying with them and that Misty was the last one to drive the van ?
I had been giving Misty a pass as I thought she didn't have a vehicle around she could drive.  If she did, that changes things for me. LE isn't looking at her inconsistencies because she said she got up for a glass of water , oops, had to go to the bathroom.
It has to go deeper than that, like who was in the damn house that day into night ? 
If LE doesn't know the time that Haleigh was taken, if she was taken, then
that changes the timeline for the other suspects or POI's they have been looking at.
I read they are looking at the timeline between 7 pm and 3 am . Guess they are going by Ms. Sykes seeing the kids on the porch, not Misty's words as to any time at all. 

That's where I first heard about the child support too KatGram, from Gma Neves, and that it was 17k owed.  It made me look askance at Crystal.  And then later, when the true amount of 4k came out, it made me look back at Gma Neves in askance.  And then everything else she's said ever since. 

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #627 on: March 19, 2009, 03:10:25 PM »

Ron now has an attorney!

Thanks 
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #628 on: March 19, 2009, 03:14:54 PM »

Ron now has an attorney!

Iwouldnt either, how can you represent someone that cant even thik straight

HLN now reporting that the Putnam County Sheriff's Dept will also be running a parallel investigation with DCF regarding the abuse charges in order to see if the allegations are warrented.

Heart
Sunflower_Girl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #629 on: March 19, 2009, 03:15:50 PM »

From the article...Cummings' lawyers will take over responsibility for assisting Cummings with police cooperation, coordinating media attention and handling a potential custody battle with Sheffield.

I'm sure they initially went to Ron because of the abuse allegations but if they are assisting Ron with police cooperation, why aren't they representing his wife, Misty, as well! Also, now that Misty is legally Haleigh and Jr's step-mother, wouldn't they as a couple be represented together even for the custody battle?
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #630 on: March 19, 2009, 03:20:19 PM »

http://www.palatkadailynews.com/articles/2009/03/19/news/news01.txt
Deputies called to Haleigh family location

By Kristin Chambers
Published: Thursday, March 19, 2009 1:00 AM EDT
SATSUMA - Sheriff's deputies responded to a disturbance Wednesday after an unidentified man harassed Crystal Sheffield, Haleigh Cumming's mother, at the family's headquarters in Satsuma.

Jeremiah Regan, a friend of the maternal side of the family, said a blanket trespass warning has been ordered to prevent unwanted persons from returning to the building.

"Anyone that comes here to harass us, that we don't want here, will be asked to leave, and if they violate that they will be arrested," Regan said.

Haleigh, a blond, brown-eyed kindergartner, vanished from her Satsuma home Feb. 10. Friends and relatives of her mother and father, who never married, have since gathered at separate sites in the area.

Kim Picazio, an attorney retained by Sheffield last week, met Tuesday with staff members of the state Department of Children and Families to present information regarding the custody of Haleigh and her younger brother, Ronald Cummings Jr.

Ronald Cummings has had primary custody of the children since 2007.

Cummings recently married Misty Croslin, 17, who had been the family's babysitter and was with the children when Haliegh vanished.

"Crystal is gravely concerned with Ronald and Misty obtaining custody of Junior and Haleigh," Picazio said. "She feels like they are in an unsafe household environment."

Picazio said the information she relayed to the state came from concerned local residents.

"It was obtained through people in the community calling us at my office and giving us tips and information," Picazio said. "When the information rose to such a level, I felt compelled to call the DCF."

Picazio said the state agency promised to investigate the reports.

Picazio said she was helping guide the family in legal matters and some media relations.

"This poor girl was lost in this entire tragic situation and the media comes to town and is asking her all these questions," Picazio said "I was glad to take the case on and help her get the resources, to help coordinate assistance for her in general."

The Cummings family denied the children were in an unsafe environment.

Meanwhile, Regan said anyone involved in sexual crimes against children was not welcome on the headquarters property next to U.S. 17.

Regan said people who would like to support the maternal side of the family or have tips regarding Haleigh, however, are encouraged to stop by 24 hours a day starting Monday. That's when the grand opening will be held of what has been termed the "Haleighbug Headquarters" - using a nickname for the missing girl.

On Tuesday, the family rejected a furniture donation offered by Daniel Snodgrass, a registered sexual predator, who lives in the area.

"I refuse to accept donations from anyone arrested for sex crimes with children," Regan said.

Snodgrass is free on bond, wearing a GPS ankle bracelet, with a trial scheduled this summer.

According to Capt. Dick Schauland of the Putnam County Sheriff's Office, Snodgrass' whereabouts were confirmed in the hours Haleigh disappeared.

No trace of Haleigh has been found.
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #631 on: March 19, 2009, 03:22:46 PM »

LMAO 

Oh this is going to be good.

Florida Personal Injury Attorneys
Handling auto, truck, motorcycle, pedestrian,
and other accident cases.

Personal Injury Fees are on a contingency fee
basis - no recovery, no fees or costs.

http://www.kimballsniderlaw.com/

Heart
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #632 on: March 19, 2009, 03:24:29 PM »

HI MONKEYS!

Did anybody ever find out if the rumours about misty's "3 day bender"  or rc "having to go to a drug dealers house and drag her home" were true or not?

I have not heard whether true or not.
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #633 on: March 19, 2009, 03:29:32 PM »

From the article...Cummings' lawyers will take over responsibility for assisting Cummings with police cooperation, coordinating media attention and handling a potential custody battle with Sheffield.

I'm sure they initially went to Ron because of the abuse allegations but if they are assisting Ron with police cooperation, why aren't they representing his wife, Misty, as well! Also, now that Misty is legally Haleigh and Jr's step-mother, wouldn't they as a couple be represented together even for the custody battle?

Ron:  Misty I know that you are now my dumb ass biotch wife, but as far as lawyering you up, you are on your own you dumb ass biotch.  Luv ya, u heard me! 

Heart
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #634 on: March 19, 2009, 03:31:57 PM »

Here is a response from a so called neighbor, player, when asked about if anyone has stepped up and offered help with the custody battle.     According to my friends, Ron is not going to get involved with this garbage at this time. He feels that the focus should be on Haliegh. The mother is taking critism from the locals for her "Halieghbug" donation center. It is way over the top IMO and most folks I know think the same. Some people have been asked to leave by her and her cadre of money grubbers. I believe that there will be a backlash against her scheme and there will be plenty of support for Ron, once Haliegh is found. (IMO) She & her mother have made this into a dollar deal circus and no interest in the child. That should be evident by her non payment of court ordered support for several years. That is fact and not rumor. I really wonder if this is a neighbor or family member of Rons? It seems like the town is divided with Ron and Crystal supporters. 

Hmmmm.. Not sure what to think about what this so-called neighbor is saying.  Seems that from the rumors/info that we have heard, folks either love/hate Ron or love/hate Crystal.  Doesn't seem that there are many in the middle, that we have heard from/about anyway.  So yeah, I agree with you, seems like the town is divided with Ron/Crystal supporters. 

I checked out the Haleighbug site the other day when it was first up.  And read at the bottom the plea for donations for clothes etc for Jr and Chloe, and was like wtf?  Crystal is not, at this moment, supporting Jr, why does she need donations for him?  Ron/family is supporting him, and Jr likely already has whatever clothes etc that he needs.  At the same time, Crystal is supporting Chloe, and surely Haleigh's disappearance has not caused Chloe to have a need for clothes etc.  So what are they really asking for, in those donations?  Had someone's house burned down in this case, destroying all within, then of course I could see the need for donations of clothes etc.  IMO, Crystal needs help with a place to stay, food, paying current bills, yes.  Not clothes tho.  She surely already has those. 

So in reading what that so-called neighbor has written above, in referring to Crystal's camp as 'money-grubbers', I have to say that I haven't actually seen that perse.  Especially with her turning down $$ from IM for a place to stay for a month.  Yet on the other hand, sure seems that (at least with the plea for clothes etc) she may be asking for things she doesn't need and/or not for the right reasons.  IMO.  Just makes me look harder at what she's attempting to do, that's all. 

higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #635 on: March 19, 2009, 03:33:33 PM »

Ron:  Misty I know that you are now my dumb ass biotch wife, but as far as lawyering you up, you are on your own you dumb ass biotch.  Luv ya, u heard me! 

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #636 on: March 19, 2009, 03:34:23 PM »

Okay, here it is. There are pictures, Haleigh's medical chart, Haleigh's absentee record, and Haleigh's ER note. I'm bad at linking so I hope this works. I must say I don't feel this is right, and that is all I'll say. http://www.artharris.com/
Sunflower_Girl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #637 on: March 19, 2009, 03:35:09 PM »

LMAO 

OH MY GOD! Really, this is who Ron accepted as his pro bono attorney...Personal Injury Attorneys. I'm sure there are several attorney and firms who have contacted Ron and Misty for that matter...I guess I could be wrong though. I cannot believe I didn't notice that in the article! See what I get for skimming...

Well maybe this is a good thing...Florida Personal Injury Attorneys
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #638 on: March 19, 2009, 03:35:48 PM »

LMAO 

Perhaps Ron and family do not know that attorneys have  practice specialties!  he just heard 'free' ...amazing

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #639 on: March 19, 2009, 03:38:23 PM »

I've wondered this too!  Yet we've heard Ron say that "Haleigh is his heart".  Someone pisssssed off at Ron might think the best way to get back at him, is to take what is most precious to him. 

Good point Wykes, which coincides with my thoughts that the person who has taken Haleigh is the cousin Joe.

Yep!  Would love to know what that supposed fight bet. Joe and Ron was about, if it's true that there was one.  Might shed more light on this case.  The timing of this supposed fight, the timing of Joe staying with Chelsea/Tom, his having supposedly left the same day that Haleigh disappeared, the timing of the van being used that night supposedly without Chelsea/Tommy knowing about it.... All of it makes for one big HUGE coinky-dink!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.