May 22, 2024, 04:35:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #141 7/05/09 - 7/23/09  (Read 292457 times)
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1180 on: July 17, 2009, 11:52:02 AM »

Here is something interesting that someone said,

any agreement that Padilla had with the A’s was related to a MISSING child…not a MURDERED child…here is were the law changes…if you have information about a murder the contract would most likely be voided out.

Oh, how I pray that is true!

Why don't we, the public, get to see *exhibit A* the written agreement between LP and company and Casey and company that was attached to the motion? Knowing the exact wording would clarify a lot for us in this matter. As far as the oral contract, well, we all know that means nothing.

I would like to see that contract too. I remember it coming up when they all had a meeting at the pancake resturant that morning before Skanky was bonded out on the child abuse charges. Lenny made a statement one time IIRC on Nancy Grace, saying he was blindsided by it, and that Bozo had told him that he could not talk to her when she got home. In some ways I wish he had never bonded her out to begin with. But I guess we know a lot more now about what was going on because he did.

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Monkey with Class
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1181 on: July 17, 2009, 12:00:47 PM »

Desi....

Great work on the handwriting samples and comparison.   Wow.  What detail.. Much time went into this piece.  Thanks!  Your are awesome!!  From what I seen, the "03" looks more like George's handwriting.

Hope all Monkeys and Guests have a safe and great weekend!

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1182 on: July 17, 2009, 12:08:43 PM »

Desi....

Great work on the handwriting samples and comparison.   Wow.  What detail.. Much time went into this piece.  Thanks!  Your are awesome!!  From what I seen, the "03" looks more like George's handwriting.

I agree.Great work by Desi.
You have a great weekend too,MonkeyWithClass.   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1183 on: July 17, 2009, 12:21:03 PM »

Desi....

I agree. I have been studying Desi's post, and I think it looks like George's handwriting too. You know, "George is a man that knows things." The one thing I don't understand is why the Anthony's didn't just get rid of the journal in the first place. But since I don't think like them, I have no good answer.

You have a good weekend too! 

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

cherjers
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1184 on: July 17, 2009, 12:21:37 PM »

Good Morning Monkeys!!

I have calmed myself down since reading Bozo's ridiculous motions last night and I have a question. Bozo stated in his motion that Casey has already served more time than what her sentence would be for the check fraud charges. My understanding is that Casey was bonded out on those charges last summer. She is now sitting in jail, without bond, due to her murder 1 charge. Please don't tell me that this time in jail will be used for her check fraud sentence and when found guilty they will say time served. Is this the case, anyone know???
That's a great question    I wouldn't doubt it, but hopefully someone hears knows.
One charge has nothing to do with the other -She is in jail for murder-not bad checks.  Bozo should know that-doesnt anyone of the super lawyers read his motions   There is a God up above she has Bozo fior a lawyer he is using her the way she used everyone in her life All she has is him I love it
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #1185 on: July 17, 2009, 12:30:15 PM »

Good Morning Monkeys.....I have been in "wurking" mode this past week trying to catch up all over because I have not been on much lately with summer vacation and family activities.  I was stunned to discover that Dolce was a big fake and a liar - it left me feeling so angry and insulted - I hope everyone has recovered from that disgusting soul.

To be on topic I see Bia$$ has been very busy filing motions and that we may seem some docs soon.

Have a good day everyone I will be wurking from the rafters.  an angelic monkey

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1186 on: July 17, 2009, 12:31:40 PM »

Good Morning Monkeys.....I have been in "wurking" mode this past week trying to catch up all over because I have not been on much lately with summer vacation and family activities.  I was stunned to discover that Dolce was a big fake and a liar - it left me feeling so angry and insulted - I hope everyone has recovered from that disgusting soul.

To be on topic I see Bia$$ has been very busy filing motions and that we may seem some docs soon.

Hi Mission!!! Long time no see!   

Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1187 on: July 17, 2009, 12:52:50 PM »

Hi Mission!!! Long time no see!   

Hi Fannie - so nice to see you!   

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1188 on: July 17, 2009, 12:54:47 PM »

What I find interesting about the motions is that they are signed by both Bobo and AL.  Bobo is not DP qualified and we all speculated that bringing a new lead lawyer would ruffle his "first hispanic to ..." so is this a way for him to ensure that he can spin things as being the lead lawyer when he writes his book/made for TV mini-series?

Reading the wording of the latest motions it is clear that Bobo did not write them.  When AL was brought in at the beginning there was an article in which she states she would use her law students to do the digging and writing as she was so busy with her teaching and this would be good experience for them.  IMO these are written by her students, she proofs them, and then gives them to Bobo to sign and file.  Not sure how many students she has under her wing right now but I can see there being many more motions in the future.  I also can not see her allowing Casey to add her hand written " the SE is mad at me" footnotes to anything from here on in.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1189 on: July 17, 2009, 12:59:00 PM »

http://www.wesh.com/news/20079093/detail.html
Baez Wants To Ban Bounty Hunter From Testifying
Attorney Says Leonard Padilla's Statements Privileged

POSTED: 5:22 pm EDT July 16, 2009
UPDATED: 12:10 pm EDT July 17, 2009

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Casey Anthony's defense team filed a flurry of court papers Thursday afternoon, including a motion that would keep bounty hunter Leonard Padilla and his employees from acting as state witnesses during Anthony's trial.

Anthony is in the Orange County Jail. She is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee. Caylee's remains were found in a wooded area off of Suburban Drive near the Anthony family home last December.

Attorney Jose Baez has filed a motion for a protective order that includes privacy agreements Padilla and his employees signed last August, which was when nephew Tony Padilla bailed Anthony out of jail. Baez argues that Padilla and his employees were working for him at the time so their statements made to the police about what they heard from Anthony are privileged and should not be released to the public. He also says that attorney-client privilege should ban Padilla and his employees from being witnesses for the state.

One criminal defense attorney WESH 2 News spoke with said lawyers and bail bondsmen cannot enter in to confidentiality agreements and he does not think Baez' strategy to keep these statements out of court will work.

While his employees were in close contact with Casey, Padilla has said she made some potentially damaging statements. While she was out of jail and Caylee was still missing, Anthony allegedly blurted out, "They haven't even found the clothes she was wearing." In November, Padilla confirmed the statement.

"Everything's been a game to her...to lead us to believe the clothing was somewhere but not in the proximity of the body," Padilla said.

For more than a week, Padilla's employee Tracy McLaughlin essentially babysat Anthony in the Anthony home.

Padilla's employees routinely drove her to and from Baez's office. Padilla said Anthony was plenty chatty.

"She would drop little statements when she was being driven back when she was with Tracy," Padilla said.

What else Anthony may have told McLaughlin and other employees remains a mystery.

McLaughlin to this point has maintained a very low profile and turned multiple down interview requests.

Baez filed the motion now because the statements from Padilla and his employees were due to be part of an evidence release from the state attorney's office later this month.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1190 on: July 17, 2009, 01:00:32 PM »

Casey Anthony: Defense team files flurry of papers, WESH says
posted by halboedeker on Jul 16, 2009

Lots of action on the Casey Anthony front. Or as WESH-Channel 2 anchor Martha Sugalski put it: "This afternoon, her defense team filed a flurry of new court papers."

Defense attorney Jose Baez wants law enforcement interviews with bounty hunter Leonard Padilla and his workers kept from the public. WESH's Bob Kealing termed the defense's move "significant" because a Padilla employee spent a week with Anthony "and allegedly heard her say some potentially damaging things."

Padilla and his employees' statements are privileged, Baez argues, because they were working for the defense when she was out of jail last year.

What did Anthony supposedly say? "They haven't even found the clothes she was wearing," Anthony said of her daughter, Caylee. Casey Anthony is charged with the first-degree murder of her child.

Padilla told WESH that Anthony was "plenty chatty," Kealing said.

WESH labeled the developments "breaking news" and gave it lengthy air time at 6.

WFTV-Channel 9 touched quickly on the latest developments. "More paper shuffling in the case against Casey," anchor Martie Salt said.

Salt said the defense filed motions to delay Anthony's check-fraud case and to keep Padilla from talking about their conversations.

WESH noted that in another motion, Baez seeks access to Texas EquuSearch records.

How many new pages were released today?

The defense received nearly 1,400 pages of evidence from the state -- "bringing the total number of pages now to 8,000," Kealing said.

The defense received "800 pages of documents, much of which focused on ex-fiance Jesse Grund," Salt said.   

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2009/07/casey-anthony-defense-team-files-flurry-of-papers-wesh-says.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1191 on: July 17, 2009, 01:05:48 PM »

Jose Baez discusses
Casey defense team
Updated: Friday, 17 Jul 2009, 8:38 AM EDT
Published : Friday, 17 Jul 2009, 8:38 AM EDT

A year ago Cindy Anthony made a 911 call that set into motion one of the biggest crime cases in Central Florida history. “I've found my daughter but I can't find my granddaughter...and we got my daughters car back and it smells like there's been a dead body in the trunk.” The case has been full of twists and turns, one that Casey Anthony’s lawyer Jose Baez never saw coming.

Jose Baez sat down with FOX 35 reporter Holly Bristow to talk about the defense team.

Baez has teamed up with several nationally renowned experts to help him save his clients life. Andrea Lyon is a law professor from Chicago. She’s known as the "angel of death row" because she has never lost a death penalty case.

High profile New York attorney Linda Kenny Baden specializes in forensics. “There are ranges of the spectrum where you have science presented in the courtroom that completely relies on empirical data and then you have an area of science that relies on a person’s opinions and beliefs. That is where the area of false convictions comes up that's where false interpretation comes up and that’s where scientists become advocates,” said Baez.

Forensic expert Dr. Henry Lee's is also part of Casey's team. His testimony helped free OJ Simpson. So why are they helping to defend an unemployed single mother? “There wasn't one person that I was able to talk to that wasn't fascinated by this case when I was done.”

<a href="http://www.myfoxorlando.com/video/videoplayer.swf" target="_blank">http://www.myfoxorlando.com/video/videoplayer.swf</a>

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/anthony_case/071609baez_defense_team
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1192 on: July 17, 2009, 01:08:09 PM »

Sorry, still challenged embedding videos.  Here is the link to the Bobo interview one year later and him talking about false convictions based on interpretting science.

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/anthony_case/071609baez_defense_team
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #1193 on: July 17, 2009, 01:11:37 PM »

Motion for determination of new trial date.   http://cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/Stories/Local/RESPONSEDOC.pdf

Motion to certify Tim Miller as material witness.    http://cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/Stories/Local/MILLERDOC.pdf

Motion to bar testimony from LP, RD, Tracy and Tony Padilla    http://cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/Stories/Local/PADILLADOC.pdf

http://cfnews13.com/News/Local/2009/7/16/defense_wants_padilla39s_casey_conversations_thrown_out.html

Defense Wants Padilla's Casey Conversations Thrown Out
Thursday, July 16, 2009 6:39:42 PM
Reported By Adam Longo

ORLANDO -- Several new motions were filed by the defense that they hope will give Casey Anthony an advantage when the case eventually goes to trial.

One hundred and ten pages of motions were filed by Casey’s attorneys late Thursday afternoon.

Thursday marks one year from the time Casey first spent the night in a jail cell.

These motions are just one of the tools her lawyers are using to try and get her out of jail.

The motions cover three main areas.

* The defense wants to delay the criminal check fraud trial
    * They want documents from Tim Miller and Texas EquuSearch
    * Jose Baez and team wants bounty hunter Leonard Padilla and his associates to not be able to talk about their conversations with Casey Anthony.

Prosecutors in recent weeks have made a renewed push to try and get the check fraud charges heard in court soon.

According to the documents, Casey's defense team feels that it would take deserved attention away from the capital case.

The defense team also wants videos, photos, maps and charts. It’s everything that Texas EquuSearch has relating to their search for Caylee Anthony.

The judge denied a similar motion in late January.

But in the new motion, the defense is able to offer much more background and what they see as relevant information to try and get the judge to approve their request.

The defense also wants Casey’s conversations with Leonard Padilla and his team excluded from evidence all together.

The defense said any conversations Casey had with them are covered under attorney-client privilege.

Defense sources said Casey never made any incriminating statements to Padilla or his people.

But the defense doesn't want them on the witness stand or have any of their interviews released to the media
Thank you TupeloHoney
Whoaaa....Lenny signed a privacy aggreement with Baez?

Karma, I posted this question over at Rob's forum yesterday.  Rob is not around much, but as soon as he replies, I will bring it over here.
karen
Thanks Karen   

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1194 on: July 17, 2009, 01:18:27 PM »

What I find interesting about the motions is that they are signed by both Bobo and AL.  Bobo is not DP qualified and we all speculated that bringing a new lead lawyer would ruffle his "first hispanic to ..." so is this a way for him to ensure that he can spin things as being the lead lawyer when he writes his book/made for TV mini-series?

Reading the wording of the latest motions it is clear that Bobo did not write them.  When AL was brought in at the beginning there was an article in which she states she would use her law students to do the digging and writing as she was so busy with her teaching and this would be good experience for them.  IMO these are written by her students, she proofs them, and then gives them to Bobo to sign and file.  Not sure how many students she has under her wing right now but I can see there being many more motions in the future.  I also can not see her allowing Casey to add her hand written " the SE is mad at me" footnotes to anything from here on in.

Lol Rose..I agree..her law students are better at this then Baez' students have been.

However I do believe that Tracy has already been given some sort of immunity by the state for her statements.  I remember when Allen/Yuri were flying out to Cali to get her statement, she requested immunity first and it was granted by them.  I think a murderer would have a hard time later proclaiming foul play on someone that lived with them for their protection that testified for the state.  But hey..I think the defense mode is going to be lets throw lots of motions out there and see if any stick.

Judge Strickland is going to need new glases before this is all over..blinded by the glob of paperwork.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1195 on: July 17, 2009, 01:20:00 PM »

Interesting observations Northern Rose - one makes you think this case is like a Guinea Pig for them, if you think about it, like you said they are all in it for the book deals etc...doesn't really matter what the outcome is for them they stand to reap the benefits either way. Such a shame that Caylee's death will be a cash cow for so many ruthless and unethical sleezebags.

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #1196 on: July 17, 2009, 01:21:41 PM »

http://www.wesh.com/news/20079093/detail.html
Baez Wants To Ban Bounty Hunter From Testifying
Attorney Says Leonard Padilla's Statements Privileged

POSTED: 5:22 pm EDT July 16, 2009
UPDATED: 12:10 pm EDT July 17, 2009

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Casey Anthony's defense team filed a flurry of court papers Thursday afternoon, including a motion that would keep bounty hunter Leonard Padilla and his employees from acting as state witnesses during Anthony's trial.

Anthony is in the Orange County Jail. She is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee. Caylee's remains were found in a wooded area off of Suburban Drive near the Anthony family home last December.

Attorney Jose Baez has filed a motion for a protective order that includes privacy agreements Padilla and his employees signed last August, which was when nephew Tony Padilla bailed Anthony out of jail. Baez argues that Padilla and his employees were working for him at the time so their statements made to the police about what they heard from Anthony are privileged and should not be released to the public. He also says that attorney-client privilege should ban Padilla and his employees from being witnesses for the state.

One criminal defense attorney WESH 2 News spoke with said lawyers and bail bondsmen cannot enter in to confidentiality agreements and he does not think Baez' strategy to keep these statements out of court will work.

While his employees were in close contact with Casey, Padilla has said she made some potentially damaging statements. While she was out of jail and Caylee was still missing, Anthony allegedly blurted out, "They haven't even found the clothes she was wearing." In November, Padilla confirmed the statement.

"Everything's been a game to her...to lead us to believe the clothing was somewhere but not in the proximity of the body," Padilla said.

For more than a week, Padilla's employee Tracy McLaughlin essentially babysat Anthony in the Anthony home.

Padilla's employees routinely drove her to and from Baez's office. Padilla said Anthony was plenty chatty.

"She would drop little statements when she was being driven back when she was with Tracy," Padilla said.

What else Anthony may have told McLaughlin and other employees remains a mystery.

McLaughlin to this point has maintained a very low profile and turned multiple down interview requests.

Baez filed the motion now because the statements from Padilla and his employees were due to be part of an evidence release from the state attorney's office later this month.

Thanks Trimm
What I bolded above,I wonder if that's true.

Karma Is Coming

Desdemona
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1197 on: July 17, 2009, 01:23:52 PM »

Quote from: Jesse on Today at 08:43:34 AM
Morning all!  Was searching docs and saw Casey's phone that on July 15th a text message from Bk of America a debit authorized for $574.60.  Do we know what that was for?  I don't remember if we'd discussed that?  You can see it on page 23. TIA

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/2811460/Casey-Anthony-Documents-Released-Nov-26-012
wasnt that for her cell phone bill?

I wasn't sure but could have been.  Such a big debit amount for someone that doesn't have a job!  Wish they'd disclose all her Bank of America statements!
i believe this was her grandmothers account for the grandfathers care that was debited..

Hi Monkeys!

I didn't see whether anyone answered this one, so:

The debit was in the amount of Casey's outrageous phone bill.  She made the electronic payment on July 15 from Amy's Bank of America account, shortly before she went to pick up Amy from the airport.  The message you are referring to is probably just a confirmation of the payment request.  But Casey had already cleaned out poor Amy's account by forging her checks, so the payment was denied the next day.

The confusion may be due to the fact that Casey did steal money from grandpa's account a few months before Caylee went missing.  I believe it was over $200.  She told her grandmother it was to buy a cell phone for work; that Universal would soon reimburse her, yadda yadda.

HTH

I come here for the children, not to stroke someone's ego.  --Darla, 12/14/09
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #1198 on: July 17, 2009, 01:24:20 PM »

Casey Anthony: Defense team files flurry of papers, WESH says
posted by halboedeker on Jul 16, 2009

Lots of action on the Casey Anthony front. Or as WESH-Channel 2 anchor Martha Sugalski put it: "This afternoon, her defense team filed a flurry of new court papers."

Defense attorney Jose Baez wants law enforcement interviews with bounty hunter Leonard Padilla and his workers kept from the public. WESH's Bob Kealing termed the defense's move "significant" because a Padilla employee spent a week with Anthony "and allegedly heard her say some potentially damaging things."

Padilla and his employees' statements are privileged, Baez argues, because they were working for the defense when she was out of jail last year.

What did Anthony supposedly say? "They haven't even found the clothes she was wearing," Anthony said of her daughter, Caylee. Casey Anthony is charged with the first-degree murder of her child.

Padilla told WESH that Anthony was "plenty chatty," Kealing said.

WESH labeled the developments "breaking news" and gave it lengthy air time at 6.

WFTV-Channel 9 touched quickly on the latest developments. "More paper shuffling in the case against Casey," anchor Martie Salt said.

Salt said the defense filed motions to delay Anthony's check-fraud case and to keep Padilla from talking about their conversations.

WESH noted that in another motion, Baez seeks access to Texas EquuSearch records.

How many new pages were released today?

The defense received nearly 1,400 pages of evidence from the state -- "bringing the total number of pages now to 8,000," Kealing said.

The defense received "800 pages of documents, much of which focused on ex-fiance Jesse Grund," Salt said.   

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2009/07/casey-anthony-defense-team-files-flurry-of-papers-wesh-says.html
Thanks Northern
Sooooo was it 1,400 pages or 800 pages(Are they just trying to confuse this case even more) 

Karma Is Coming

Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1199 on: July 17, 2009, 01:44:43 PM »

I think Tracy was wired while she was in the house with Casey, as everyone on Padilla's team would have been.  Which is why the motor home was parked out in front of the A's.  It wasn't just for the protection of the A family, but also for the protection of Leonard and team.  No way would Lenny have let Tracy in there with that family by herself unless she was wired for her protection.  So what Tracy heard and said, everybody in the motor home who was listening at that point probably heard.  It may have recorded also.

I think the agreement was probably more surrounding the protection aspect then the bail bondsman aspect.  But OCSO and FBI  wouldn't have interviewed Tracey and crew if they couldn't provide immunity and some protection from prosecution due to this agreement..so there must be plenty of holes in exhibit A..I'd really like to read that part.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.