May 14, 2024, 10:54:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Marie Cummings #28 11/10/09 - 1/21/10  (Read 548498 times)
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #960 on: December 29, 2009, 09:15:20 AM »

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/mostpopular/s...lqkTH49S-g.cspx

Haleigh Cummings Family remains hopeful for the holidays
Reported by: Matt Saffer
Email: msaffer@ActionNewsJax.com
Last Update: 12/24 9:49 pm

Haleigh Cummings
WELAKA, Fla. -– Inside the home of Haleigh Cummings' grandmother, there is a massive Christmas tree. Underneath the tree is filled with dozens of presents for many different members of Haleigh’s family.

Some of the presents under the tree are meant to not be opened. They are for Haleigh, and they won’t be unwrapped until she can do it herself.

“There was no decision to be made. We just honestly thought she'd be here. So when we bought for the other kids, we got for her,” said Teresa Neves, Haleigh’s Grandmother.

The presents under the trees are all wrapped to hide what’s inside. Haleigh’s family is hiding something too. They’re trying to be cheerful for Haleigh’s 4-year-old brother.

“It's all for Junior. Junior still has to have the same Christmas he's ever had. We can't change things for Junior just because Haleigh isn't here,” said Neves.

Haleigh’s father may have it the hardest. He has to play the role of happy dad for his son, and a father torn apart over his missing daughter.

“Ronald will be there for dinner and to open the gifts. But he's asked that he have the rest of the night to go off....and talk to Haleigh...He wants to be alone to talk to Haleigh,” said Neves.

Haleigh’s grandmother says she’d give anything in the world to get the present she wants for the holidays. All she wants is granddaughter back home.

“I would give everything in my life. Everything I've ever had. Except my grand children or children, to have it back you can have it all,” said Neves.

OS

Hi Monkeys,

Does this statement sound nuts?  “Ronald will be there for dinner and to open the gifts. But he's asked that he have the rest of the night to go off....and talk to Haleigh...He wants to be alone to talk to Haleigh,” said Neves.

If you "talk" to someone that means they are dead, JMO.

That part and the "taking the night off"........from what? He doesn't work, wtf is he taking the night off from ? I could understand if it was stated he just wants to be alone etc., but the way it was worded does make it sound as if they know she's no longer with us as have many of Ron's past stmts IMO

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #961 on: December 29, 2009, 12:43:37 PM »

God  bless Haleigh and her entire family...I feel sorry for all of them and anyone else who is missing a child, especially at this time of year....

Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #962 on: December 29, 2009, 07:33:54 PM »

God  bless Haleigh and her entire family...I feel sorry for all of them and anyone else who is missing a child, especially at this time of year....

Yes, may God bless and comfort all of HaLeigh's family members and love ones. How devastated they must be, missing her and that wonderful innocent smile of hers.

Sooner or later God will reveal what happen to this little angel.   an angelic monkey

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #963 on: December 29, 2009, 07:38:44 PM »

2009 in review: Gators, Haleigh and more

The tragic and still unresolved disappearance of first-grader Haleigh Cummings in February.

-- The closing of one longtime institution, Alachua General Hospital, and the opening of another, the Shands Cancer Hospital. Here is a look at the stories that made headlines in the year that is just winding up:

Haleigh disappears: Putnam County first-grader Haleigh Cummings disappeared from her father's home in the middle of the night in February and has not been seen since.

The case received national attention, and extensive searches were conducted for miles around the home.

As days of searching stretched into weeks and then into months, tensions within the family rose and resulted in brushes with police and deputies. Eight months after Haleigh was last seen, the spokesman for the Putnam County Sheriff's Office, Lt. Johnny Greenwood, said, “We still hope we can bring her home safe, but right now we just want to bring her home.”

more...

http://www.gainesville.com/article/20091229/ARTICLES/912299943/-1/NEWS1001?Title=2009-in-review-Gators-Haleigh-and-more

Heart
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #964 on: December 30, 2009, 07:15:28 AM »

http://www.bloggernews.net/123400
Haleigh Cummings – Just Another Statistic?
Posted on December 29th, 2009
by Simon Barrett in crime
Read 353 times.

There are many that would agree with that statement. As the calendar moves forward, the plight of Haleigh Cummings seems to move backward. The story that was covered ‘wall to wall’ by CNN and HLN has lost its luster. What used to be front page, alas now does not seem to even warrant a mention anywhere in the program or periodical.

Lots of people have tried their best to find the little girl. I am sure that most had good hearts, and good intentions, but few have stayed the course. I personally do not much enjoy Nancy Grace, I think she is very rude to most of her guests, and panel for that matter. I also think that most of her news is ‘old’. That said, I do have to admire the woman for giving the air time to the Haleigh Cummings story that she did.

Haleigh Cummings has become a war of attrition. One by one I see the media focus become unfocused. My wife Jan, myself, and our good friend TJ Hart made a promise. We will not let this case rest until there is a resolution. And we are bound and determined to make that reality.

The past ten months have revealed some of the worst examples of humanity I can think of. The families involved, the Croslin’s, Cummings, Sheffield’s, and all the rest, have nothing to be proud of. Jeff Foxworthy uses his ‘Red Neck’ routine as comedy, these people seem to use it as a way of life. Well, it would be funny, except there is still a little girl missing.

The Police in the area have also come under fire, I know, because I have had them in my written gun sights more than once. My commentary was born out of frustration though, others have targeted them for darker reasons. It became very clear to me that they were doing everything they possibly could, and indeed can, to resolve this case. While they do not like to talk publicly, they do occassionaly share their feelings. I wrote an article some time ago, I was angry, I expressed my concern that the search for Haleigh Cummings was headed for the cold case file. It took mere minutes for an email to appear in my inbox from the folks in Putnam County. The message was a simple one “Not on my watch.”

The PCSO may not be the largest operation in the country, but they damn sure care.

Jan, TJ, and I have been following this story from day one. Someone, somewhere knows something. It is time to step forward. It is time to do the right thing.

I am convinced that all of the puzzle pieces are known, we just need to understand how the  key piece fits, show us where that key piece fits, and this can be solved.

If you are that person that holds the key, please call someone. Neither TJ nor I are after fame, call crimestoppers, call your local police, but call someone.

Simon Barrett
Let Others Know About This Post These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #965 on: December 30, 2009, 07:16:06 AM »

Prayers for Haleigh.   an angelic monkey

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #966 on: December 30, 2009, 07:19:41 AM »

http://www.gainesville.com/article/20091230/ARTICLES/912301007/1002
The Sun's top stories of 2009

Staff report

Published: Wednesday, December 30, 2009 at 6:01 a.m.
Last Modified: Tuesday, December 29, 2009 at 11:52 p.m.
<snipped>
Here is a look at the stories, organized by topic, that made headlines in 2009:

Police/crime

Haleigh disappears: Putnam County first-grader Haleigh Cummings disappeared from her father's home in the middle of the night in February and has not been seen since.

The case received national attention, and extensive searches were conducted for miles around the home.

Eight months after Haleigh was last seen, the spokesman for the Putnam County Sheriff's Office, Lt. Johnny Greenwood, said, "We still hope we can bring her home safe, but right now we just want to bring her home."

~ Peter Frampton
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #967 on: December 30, 2009, 08:40:49 AM »

I am just waiting and praying for someone to find me!

Heart
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #968 on: December 30, 2009, 11:44:01 AM »

an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #969 on: December 30, 2009, 02:56:59 PM »

an angelic monkey

so are we Sweetheart!

Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #970 on: December 30, 2009, 03:37:39 PM »

Amber Alert Issued For Polk County Sisters
FDLE Says 4-Year-Old, 5-Year-Old Abducted By Mother, 2 Men

POSTED: Wednesday, December 30, 2009
UPDATED: 3:22 pm EST December 30, 2009
The Florida Department of Law Enforcement said an Amber Alert has been issued for two sisters in Polk County. According to the FDLE, 5-year-old Keyahra Plain and 4-year-old Alaysha Plain were abducted by their mother and two men believed to be armed. They were last seen traveling in a Pontiac Grand Am with Florida tag 1748BB, according to the FDLE.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/22091596/detail.html

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #971 on: December 30, 2009, 03:45:39 PM »

Amber Alert Issued For Polk County Sisters
FDLE Says 4-Year-Old, 5-Year-Old Abducted By Mother, 2 Men

POSTED: Wednesday, December 30, 2009
UPDATED: 3:22 pm EST December 30, 2009
The Florida Department of Law Enforcement said an Amber Alert has been issued for two sisters in Polk County. According to the FDLE, 5-year-old Keyahra Plain and 4-year-old Alaysha Plain were abducted by their mother and two men believed to be armed. They were last seen traveling in a Pontiac Grand Am with Florida tag 1748BB, according to the FDLE.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/22091596/detail.html

Amber alert issued for 2 Polk Co. girls

Updated: Wednesday, 30 Dec 2009, 3:25 PM EST
Published : Wednesday, 30 Dec 2009, 3:09 PM EST

LAKE WALES, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35) - A Florida AMBER Alert has been issued for two Polk County girls. The children were last seen in the area of Towerpoint Circle in Lake Wales.

Alaysha Plain, described as a black female, 4 years old, 3 feet tall, 35 pounds, black hair, brown eyes, was last seen wearing cream colored pants. Kayahra Plain is described as a black female, 5 years old, 3 feet tall, 45 pounds, black hair, brown eyes.

The children may be in the company of 26-year-old Candice Wright, a black woman standing 5 feet 2 inches tall, weighing 135 pounds with black hair and brown eyes. She may be accompanied by 33-year-old Saedaddus Abdus-Samad, a black man, standing 6 feet tall, weighing 180 pound with black hair and brown eyes.

They may be traveling in a maroon 2004 Pontiac Grand AM, four door, Florida tag number I74-8BB. Candice Wright, Saedaddus Abdus-Samad and the unknown black male suspects are armed and considered dangerous.

If you have any information on the whereabouts of these children please contact the Lake Wales Police Department at 1-863-534-6655 or 911.
http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/crime/123009amber-alert-issued-for-2-polk-county-girls
http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/crime/123009amber-alert-issued-for-2-polk-county-girls

Saedaddus Abdus-Samad, 33 (left) and Candice Dionne Wright, 26 are suspects in an AMBER alert, and considered dangerous.

Heart
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #972 on: December 30, 2009, 03:50:10 PM »

Hope that these little ones are safe!

Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #973 on: December 30, 2009, 03:50:21 PM »

Haleigh Cummings - Reporter’s Notes: Who Do You Trust?

Posted on December 30th, 2009
by Jan Barrett in Society and Culture, crime

This just in from TJ Hart - Jan Barrett

The list of new leads in the abduction case of HaLeigh Cummings last February is almost non-existent these days.  So far, all anyone really knows is that HaLeigh is described as a 6 year old white female.  She is approximately 3′0, 39 lbs, blonde hair & brown eyes. Her clothing description is unknown.

HaLeigh was last seen at her father’s home in the Hermit’s Cove area of Putnam County on February 9, 2009 between the hours of 8-10pm.

A statewide Amber Alert has been issued.  More than $30,000 in rewards has been posted.

After that, the rest is really up for grabs.

There has been no solid timeline provided by the last person to see her who is Misty Croslin– the child’s babysitter-turned stepmom-turned ex-stepmom all in the last ten months. Investigators say some of what Croslin has told them about the night HaLeigh was taken conflicts with the physical evidence gathered in the case.

Police don’t even know for sure if Croslin was even home at the time the child disappeared.

Beyond that, it has been mostly a job for the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office, FDLE and the FBI to chase down and follow up on tips, rumors and agenda-driven information provided by many.

Family members on all sides of this case in which police say is a non-stranger abduction appear to be somewhere between optimistic and doubtful. They say they are optimistic that HaLeigh will be found, but have recently told reporters they don’t know whether or not to completely trust LE with anything anymore.

Then there are the others in the mix who have been taking turns going to jail or acting out in a manner that one would not associate with that of a family who is missing a child—but those stories are a sideshow attraction and have nothing to do with this missing child.

Ever since HaLeigh disappeared, there have been those who have wanted to insert themselves into the story for some reason or another that only they can rationalize. Some are good-hearted well-intended folks with a desire to help while others are simply off the chain looking for their 15 seconds of fame.

The ones I believe who were only trying to help include the list of psychic visionaries who have come up empty so far and those people who have reported the alleged sightings of HaLeigh that have wound up being dead ends.

The rumor starters are not helping:

·         HaLeigh was being held at a safe house in Georgia

·         She was taken by a trucker from Texas, but is now living in the Midwest with a photographer

·         HaLeigh is being held against her will in a bunker

·         The girl was taken away by foreigners

·         She’s living in Mexico

·         Drug dealers are holding her hostage

·         He did it

·         She did it

Neither are those who try to physically participate:

·         The woman who dropped off that “tip” at the St. Augustine newspaper office after leading police on a wild goose chase

·         Unofficial searches

·         Those who willfully distorted and continue to manipulate and rearrange the facts to suit their personal agendas online (this is a very long list….and it continues to grow)

Who to trust and who to disregard can be difficult when you are consumed with only trying to find your child or grandchild.

At the end of the day, the families of HaLeigh Cummings do not care about anything else but finding her.

Most of them have said to those of us in the press on more than one occasion in past several months, “Please, find her! This has gone on too long and whoever did this need to pay, and we don’t care who it is.”

TJ Hart

http://www.bloggernews.net/123409

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #974 on: December 30, 2009, 03:51:31 PM »

Hope that these little ones are safe!
Likewise cookie!

Heart
Bud's Girl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #975 on: December 30, 2009, 03:57:42 PM »

Haleigh Cummings
WELAKA, Fla. -– Inside the home of Haleigh Cummings' grandmother, there is a massive Christmas tree. Underneath the tree is filled with dozens of presents for many different members of Haleigh’s family.

“Ronald will be there for dinner and to open the gifts. But he's asked that he have the rest of the night to go off....and talk to Haleigh...He wants to be alone to talk to Haleigh,” said Neves.

<snipped for space>

OS

Hi Monkeys,

Does this statement sound nuts?  “Ronald will be there for dinner and to open the gifts. But he's asked that he have the rest of the night to go off....and talk to Haleigh...He wants to be alone to talk to Haleigh,” said Neves.

That part and the "taking the night off"........from what? He doesn't work, wtf is he taking the night off from ? I could understand if it was stated he just wants to be alone etc., but the way it was worded does make it sound as if they know she's no longer with us as have many of Ron's past stmts IMO

IMO if you go on the assumption that Ron is completely innocent for the moment, it makes total sense to me - from my perspective.  Whether she's missing or dead, he'd want to set aside time talk to her on a special day.  And taking the night off - from my perspective and again assuming he's completely innocent in her disappearance - would be taking the night off to get away from having to pretend for Jr's sake that he's happy it's Christmas & everything is normal.   

It's extremely difficult to celebrate Christmas or any holiday when a child goes missing from your life for whatever reason ... even if you have other children and other family that you have to do it for.  Nothing is ever the same.  JMO

The naked truth is always better than the best dressed lie.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #976 on: December 30, 2009, 03:58:18 PM »

the boyfriend of the mother of Marc Anthony Bookal was arrested and charged with child endangerment <I think> since he was the last one to have been with Marc on the day that he went missing...how come Misty is not charged with the same thing and hauled into jail?

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #977 on: December 30, 2009, 04:01:04 PM »

Haleigh Cummings

<snipped for space>

OS

Hi Monkeys,

IMO if you go on the assumption that Ron is completely innocent for the moment, it makes total sense to me - from my perspective.  Whether she's missing or dead, he'd want to set aside time talk to her on a special day.  And taking the night off - from my perspective and again assuming he's completely innocent in her disappearance - would be taking the night off to get away from having to pretend for Jr's sake that he's happy it's Christmas & everything is normal.   

It's extremely difficult to celebrate Christmas or any holiday when a child goes missing from your life for whatever reason ... even if you have other children and other family that you have to do it for.  Nothing is ever the same.  JMO

I agree Bud'sGirl....it would be very difficult...

Searching
Monkey Junky

Got my Anti Anthony Koolaid helmet on ,I'm ready!

« Reply #978 on: December 30, 2009, 07:25:43 PM »

the boyfriend of the mother of Marc Anthony Bookal was arrested and charged with child endangerment <I think> since he was the last one to have been with Marc on the day that he went missing...how come Misty is not charged with the same thing and hauled into jail?

I think because of the history of cracking a childs skull in the past is why he was arrested cookie. The mother of Marc should be arrested for the same as well. JMO

jules3699
Scared Monkey

« Reply #979 on: December 30, 2009, 10:09:44 PM »

Haleigh Cummings

Some of the presents under the tree are meant to not be opened. They are for Haleigh, and they won’t be unwrapped until she can do it herself.

“There was no decision to be made. We just honestly thought she'd be here. So when we bought for the other kids, we got for her,” said Teresa Neves, Haleigh’s Grandmother.

The presents under the trees are all wrapped to hide what’s inside. Haleigh’s family is hiding something too. They’re trying to be cheerful for Haleigh’s 4-year-old brother.

“It's all for Junior. Junior still has to have the same Christmas he's ever had. We can't change things for Junior just because Haleigh isn't here,” said Neves.

Haleigh’s father may have it the hardest. He has to play the role of happy dad for his son, and a father torn apart over his missing daughter.

Haleigh’s grandmother says she’d give anything in the world to get the present she wants for the holidays. All she wants is granddaughter back home.

“I would give everything in my life. Everything I've ever had. Except my grand children or children, to have it back you can have it all,” said Neves.

OS

Hi Monkeys,

maybe "taking the night off" was to go and see Misty somewhere....who knows what the two of them are up to.  The whole way that they split was weird and sudden.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.