May 03, 2024, 04:24:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shaniya Nicole Davis, 5 Fayetteville, NC Missing #1 11/10/09 - 11/17/09  (Read 690335 times)
N2WISHN
Monkey Junky

« Reply #120 on: November 11, 2009, 08:08:59 PM »

FWIW looks like NG is covering this case tonight.

I think I'm sick now.....The neighbor at the park where the blanket was found in the trash can just said that the blanket was covered in feces.....She also said that feces was spread all over the porch of the trailer she disappeared from......This sounds really ugly.......
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #121 on: November 11, 2009, 08:19:08 PM »

If a person is covered in fecal matter would that lessen the chance of a scent being found from search dogs?
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #122 on: November 11, 2009, 08:41:15 PM »

if cps went into the home before and saw all that raw sewage there is NO reason they should have left the children in the home. it is a health hazard. i cannot tell you how many times i have had to call the code enforcers into homes i went into that had raw sewage everywhere. it is unfortunate but the children need to be removed and placed with relatives if possible in that situation.  even if they didn't see it, smelling it alone should have given them enough wherewithall to go search the house. i look through every room when i go into a house. you have to. you never know what can be hiding behind a certain door. ughhhh. this is making me sick.

if they had gone in recently and there was no raw sewage then that leads me to believe that maybe this raw sewage is the result of something being placed recently in the septic tank. on NG tonight they made it sound like the cops haven't even looked in the septic tank yet. if that is the case that is unacceptable.  i also think if shes in the septic tank that could explain why there is no scent anywhere.
Blumonkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

Earth hath no sorrow that heaven cannot heal. TM

« Reply #123 on: November 11, 2009, 08:57:52 PM »

if cps went into the home before and saw all that raw sewage there is NO reason they should have left the children in the home. it is a health hazard. i cannot tell you how many times i have had to call the code enforcers into homes i went into that had raw sewage everywhere. it is unfortunate but the children need to be removed and placed with relatives if possible in that situation.  even if they didn't see it, smelling it alone should have given them enough wherewithall to go search the house. i look through every room when i go into a house. you have to. you never know what can be hiding behind a certain door. ughhhh. this is making me sick.

if they had gone in recently and there was no raw sewage then that leads me to believe that maybe this raw sewage is the result of something being placed recently in the septic tank. on NG tonight they made it sound like the cops haven't even looked in the septic tank yet. if that is the case that is unacceptable.  i also think if shes in the septic tank that could explain why there is no scent anywhere.
Bless you for taking your job seriously and doing it well. I am so sad that children suffer these atrocities.

I thank God for what I have and trust God for what I need.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #124 on: November 11, 2009, 09:04:48 PM »

If a person is covered in fecal matter would that lessen the chance of a scent being found from search dogs?
I have no idea, that is a real interesting question.
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #125 on: November 11, 2009, 09:05:48 PM »

That is the grossest thing I think I have ever heard, why would feces be all over the porch, thats just nasty and why were these children subjected to live that way, no telling what kind of condition the inside of the home was in....and how could you even breath in there...much less sleep....

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #126 on: November 11, 2009, 09:08:39 PM »

That is the grossest thing I think I have ever heard, why would feces be all over the porch, thats just nasty and why were these children subjected to live that way, no telling what kind of condition the inside of the home was in....and how could you even breath in there...much less sleep....
This is just horrible, I could have sworn NG show was saying the police haven't checked the sewers, if that is true, they better hurry and do that just in case.
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #127 on: November 11, 2009, 09:14:05 PM »

This is just horrible, I could have sworn NG show was saying the police haven't checked the sewers, if that is true, they better hurry and do that just in case.
I cant believe they havent checked that myself, should have been the frist thing on their minds, especially after they found that blanket, the only thing that makes me thing she isnt in the sewer is that the blanket was found, if they put her in the sewer wouldnt they have just thrown the blanket in there too???

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #128 on: November 11, 2009, 09:16:24 PM »

I cant believe they havent checked that myself, should have been the frist thing on their minds, especially after they found that blanket, the only thing that makes me thing she isnt in the sewer is that the blanket was found, if they put her in the sewer wouldnt they have just thrown the blanket in there too???
I don't know, I just don't know what to say, you would think that the smell from the sewer could have been smelled by the neighbors 
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #129 on: November 11, 2009, 09:21:40 PM »

I don't know, I just don't know what to say, you would think that the smell from the sewer could have been smelled by the neighbors 
I think it was said earlier that the family had already been told not to return to that house  because of this problem, so it was already known about......at least I think thats what I heard..

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #130 on: November 11, 2009, 09:29:51 PM »

I thought that the family was told not to return to the home when the problem of the sewer was found while they were investigating Shaniya's disappearance..not beforehand...

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #131 on: November 11, 2009, 09:32:23 PM »

Am thinking it depends on what type of "search" dog was being used, for what purpose, and in the event of a dog being used for a "living body", (as opposed to a cadaver dog), what scent was given to that dog to search for. 

I used to think I pretty much knew the difference between a SAR (search and rescue) dog and a cadaver dog.  Now it seems that dogs can be cross-trained, plus there are even more categories than simply two.  To make things even more confusing, LE can use one type of dog, but just refer to it as a 'search dog', even tho it's actually a tracking  or forensic dog.  Sigh. 

Guess to know the answer to your question, we would need to know which type of dog was used in the search. 

Here are the categories of the different dogs:  (keep in mind that some dogs are cross-trained). 

Search Dog
    A non-specific term referring to a canine trained for any type of searching based upon visual, olfactory, or auditory clues.

Tracking Dog
    A canine with the specific ability and training to track and locate a specific human on the basis of scent.

Air-Scent Dog
    A canine with the ability and training to locate the presence of a human in a particular area. This is the standard for dogs used in wilderness search for lost persons.

Cadaver Dog
    A narrow term, used in a search-and-rescue context, to indicate a canine primarily trained as a tracking or air-scent dog that has also received cross training in the location of dead human bodies.

Decomp Dog
    A term used to describe a canine that will indicate when a scent source is human tissue, blood, semen, urine, feces, and materials that have been handled and worn by humans; often cross trained for other purposes.

Forensic Search Dog
    A canine that has been specifically trained to indicate a scent source as being from decomposed human tissue. Such animals are also trained to exclude (deconditioned to) the scent of human urine, feces, and semen and will not alert on residual scent from a live human; and have never been trained to locate any scent other than that of decomposed human tissue.

----

more info is at the following link.  The author gives a lot of general info on the different search dogs, such as the above, and also a good amount of info on forensic search dogs:

http://www.k9forensic.org/AAFSpaper.html

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #132 on: November 11, 2009, 09:41:03 PM »

you are exactly right. the smell of raw sewage in a home is very pungent, and is not an odor you can forget. it gets into everything, the carpets, furniture...EVERYTHING. it makes you want to gag. unforutnately, once people living in those conditions get used to the smell, they almost become immune to it and just continue to live in those conditions. it is sickening.

im wondering what kind of septic system this mobile home park has. i am gonna call their rental office tomorrow and find out if they will tell me
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #133 on: November 11, 2009, 09:53:21 PM »

Gotta get the transcripts from NGs show tonight, cuz I don't have cable.  From WS, it seems these things were covered on her show tonight, that we haven't heard about yet:

On NG...

Neighbor, Andrea Moore, was on show via phone. She says she lives across the street from Shaniya.  Says the noise on her wall was a banging, like a struggle.  Later says it could have been the lid to the trash bin, which was wedged between her porch and side of trailer. If you try to open it wrong, it gets stuck, and you have to jiggle it free. 

At 7:30a Andrea heard knock, was LE, asking if she saw Shaniya, and asked if she knew her, which she did not. She went back to bed, heard police on her porch and her trash, trailer and porch were taped off.  She was asked if she threw out blanket, she said no.  Said trash day was Monday, the can should have been empty on Tuesday.

Davis home is 200 feet from neighbor, Andrea.

The blanket had feces and urine on it.  As did the couch.

Some seem to think the mom's bf did whatever and the mom covered it up.

NG referred to Shaniya as 'it' sev times. 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Tina Bee
Scared Monkey

Hassani Campbell *Still Missing*

« Reply #134 on: November 11, 2009, 10:06:04 PM »

This case is getting to me, probably because I used to live in Fayetteville.

Are there any muddy footprints coming into the house? If it was raining wouldn't someone coming in leave marked on the floor or rug?

Feces found on a blanket that belonged to the little girl...is it possible the little girl was put on the couch because she went #2 all over her bed and her mom didn't want to deal with it?

Do we know how long the septic system was broken? Is it possible that there were no facilities in the house at all, meaning the only toilet was broken so the little girl had to #2 in a blanket?

That is beyond disgusting, but I had to throw it out there.

The septic system needs to be thoroughly checked.

This case doesn't sound good at all. I hope little Shaniya comes home safe.
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #135 on: November 11, 2009, 10:34:38 PM »

On Tuesday, November 10, 2009, Fayetteville Police were dispatched to 1116-A Sleepy Hollow Drive to investigate a child missing.  When officers arrived, a mother told them that her 5-year-old daughter, Shaniya Daivs was last seen that morning at 5:30 a.m. inside the house.  Investigators hit the ground, and an immediate search began.  That search today is on-going with the assistance of K-9’s, the local Fire Department, and Cumberland County Sheriff’s Office.

Barbara Davenport, current Sleepy Hollow manager, and retired Investigator with the Cumberland County Sheriff’s Office says she oversees 98 units in the Sleepy Hollow neighborhood.  Barbara told me, “the family moved in on August 5, 2009… I only rented to a woman named Brenda Davis and her son, so it was a surprise when Antoinette, her boyfriend, and other children were there… I’ve never seen this little girl, and I would remember seeing someone that cute.”

Barbara says Antoinette Davis, Shaniya’s mother, applied to live in the mobile home park, but Barbara says her application was denied.  Only Antoinette and a 5-year-old boy were listed on the initial application.  Barbara says Brenda Davis, Antoinette’s sister, also put in an application at the same time application was accepted.  That application only listed Brenda Davis and her son as potential renters. It was quite a surprise for Barbara to later learn that in addition to Brenda Davis and her son, Antoinette, her boyfriend, Antoinette’s 5-year-old son, Shaniya, and an infant were also living in the home.  Barbara says she doesn’t know who the infant belongs to because at the time the women turned in their applications, neither one appeared to be pregnant.  Barbara also says that mobile home was not raided in July 2009, because it was vacant at the time (There are reports that claim the property was raided in July 2009, I have calls into police to verify what property was raided over the summer).

There are a few things Barbara says she wants to get straight with the public, “they (the media) are making it sound like a really bad place to live, and the fact is if people have drug charges on their records, I don’t rent to them period… (I) busted my butt for six years making that a decent place to live for everyone, my granddaughter lives in that area, do you think I want it to be a bad neighborhood?”

Barbara says there are reports that as many as three sex offenders live in the mobile home community she manages, but that number is wrong.  She says there are in fact only two registered sex offenders, and she actually had to call and make the police aware that these two men were living in the area.  The Department of Justice and Family Watch Dog websites, only list two sex offenders in that neighborhood.  Barbara says, “I call their probation officers, I call their parole officers, I find out the circumstances of their arrests and convictions… neither one are repeat offenders.”

Barbara has even done as much as set up four surveillance cameras throughout the neighborhood.  She says one camera is pointing down the hill toward the little girl’s residence, another one is facing out of the park to see traffic coming in and out, one is pointing down a side street, and one is pointing out to two adjacent streets.  Barbara tells me the police are going through her hard drive with a fine tooth comb to look for clues, she has external hard drives on the cameras that can store content for more than a month.  Barbara says from time to time the cameras have caught illegal activity, and 99% of any incidents are result of  an outsider causing the trouble.  I am waiting for a call back from investigators, and I will update this post with their information soon.

http://www.michellesigona.com/2009/11/11/ambert-alert-shaniya-nicole-davis/
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #136 on: November 11, 2009, 10:36:55 PM »

This case is getting to me, probably because I used to live in Fayetteville.

Are there any muddy footprints coming into the house? If it was raining wouldn't someone coming in leave marked on the floor or rug?

Feces found on a blanket that belonged to the little girl...is it possible the little girl was put on the couch because she went #2 all over her bed and her mom didn't want to deal with it?

Do we know how long the septic system was broken? Is it possible that there were no facilities in the house at all, meaning the only toilet was broken so the little girl had to #2 in a blanket?

That is beyond disgusting, but I had to throw it out there.

The septic system needs to be thoroughly checked.

This case doesn't sound good at all. I hope little Shaniya comes home safe.

that's a great question. i would guess there would be, especially since the neighbor said that on surveillance cameras you could see the adults in the home outside "appearing" to be looking for shaniya. who knows if thats what they were actually doing. i'm assuming they knew there were surveillance cameras out there so it could be that they were pretending to be looking for shaniya.

i think its clear that mom or her boyfriend or both were involved in this.  their timeline has pretty much been discounted since the neighbor said she heard a banging noise at 3 am
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #137 on: November 11, 2009, 11:15:31 PM »

and now I wonder where that infant came from, also, the owner wants to get on the news and say that this is a great place to live, well, Id like to say that she can holler that crap all she wants to, but if that was so then, why was the sewer system backed up......why were the 2 SO's allowed to live there around the other children...repeat offenders or not.......still they are SO's, and does she tell everyone that moves in about these two SO's.......also, with all her bragging about the camera's she has installed, then I guess she knew children were in that home, why did she let them stay there with it in that condition,

Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #138 on: November 11, 2009, 11:21:47 PM »

and now I wonder where that infant came from, also, the owner wants to get on the news and say that this is a great place to live, well, Id like to say that she can holler that crap all she wants to, but if that was so then, why was the sewer system backed up......why were the 2 SO's allowed to live there around the other children...repeat offenders or not.......still they are SO's, and does she tell everyone that moves in about these two SO's.......also, with all her bragging about the camera's she has installed, then I guess she knew children were in that home, why did she let them stay there with it in that condition,

HH.. ITA.. I was also going to say the same thing about the comment Barbara made and corrected  there were only 2 S/O's not 3... 2 tooo many IMO.. Not a safe area with 2 S/O's with children in the area...Who is she kidding...
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #139 on: November 11, 2009, 11:35:53 PM »

This has crossed my mind twice now... Monday was trash day do we really know when Shaniya went missing. I havent seen any reports if Shaniya attended school
so could of she went missing sooner than reported..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.