May 22, 2024, 09:33:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony # 144 8/18/09 - 8/24/09  (Read 381567 times)
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #540 on: August 20, 2009, 10:54:03 PM »

Casey Anthony: Defense team was behind George's storming news conference, WKMG reports
posted by halboedeker on Aug 20, 2009 7:01:35 PM

Sometimes not having to produce 4 p.m. and 5 p.m. newscasts works in WKMG-Channel 6's favor.

That was the case tonight as the CBS affiliate gave a fuller explanation of George Anthony's storming into a news conference where Texas EquuSearch was releasing photos about the search for his granddaughter, Caylee. Casey Anthony, George' daughter, is charged with the first-degree murder of Caylee. 

WKMG-Channel 6's Tony Pipitone explained that Casey Anthony's defense team had been talking to her father, George.

George Anthony "was told by Casey's defense team today that it felt the release of the photos was inappropriate and that he should demand that [Mark] NeJame, who once represented George and Cindy Anthony, stop releasing the information."
Anthony and NeJame went behind closed doors "and shouting could heard for some time," Pipitone said.

WKMG showed both men after they came out about a half-hour later. "We all want to know what happened to Caylee," NeJame said. He said there had been a miscommunication between the parties.   

"I want to know what happened, I need to know what happened," George said.

Pipitone reported that a defense spokeswoman told him that attorney Jose Baez "told George Anthony that the defense believes it was improper for NeJame to be releasing this information today, that George Anthony should assert his privilege."

WKMG followed that report with anchor Lauren Rowe's in-studio interviews with NeJame and Tim Miller of Texas EquuSearch. NeJame said there was no privilege, and George Anthony acknowledged that later.

Miller said his group couldn't search where Caylee's remains were later found. "We were close to that body," Miller said. "The water was way too high. ... People were in water up to their knees."

Miller said he didn't want to risk pushing the tiny body into the mud or running over the remains.

NeJame said he wanted the truth come out about Caylee and that the news conference was not designed to help the prosecution or the defense.

But if the defense argues the spot was dry when Texas EquuSearch was looking, NeJame said, today's release of information "corroborates that it was, in fact, wet."

WKMG worked to get those in-studio interviews, and thus the station's coverage offered something substantial and different from the competition's. Through his reporting, Pipitone provided crucial details. Because he didn't have to rush to do reports at 4 and 5 p.m., he could gather them.

WFTV-Channel 9's Kathi Belich's 6 p.m. report had a more editorial slant.

"After about an hour behind closed doors, NeJame and Anthony came out telling some mixed-up story about some misunderstanding between George and Casey's defense attorney, but never really explaining what it was," she said.

And Belich added, "George won't accept what investigators say the evidence shows: That his daughter Casey murdered Caylee after putting duct tape over her mouth. The explanation he's gotten from Casey about what happened doesn't make sense."

Casey Anthony will be in court on Friday for her latest hearing. That will mark the first time her parents have seen her in nearly three months, Belich noted.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2009/08/casey-anthony-defense-team-was-behind-georges-storming-news-conference-wkmg-reports.html

PUZZLER - this sums up today's events.  Court in the morning - 2 hours reserved be here at 9am with the coffee and donuts!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #541 on: August 20, 2009, 10:55:52 PM »

Klaas...you've outdone yourself with all the wonderful new monkeys you've created for us to use.  Thank you!

The Gavel Monkey, Angel and Jack n the box, were done by Brandi!
atlanta_mom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #542 on: August 20, 2009, 10:55:56 PM »

Why can't these people do the respectable thing and honor Caylee's memory by staying quiet.  Caylee does not deserve to have her life remembered as a three ring circus.

A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #543 on: August 20, 2009, 11:03:11 PM »

Loca,
Yes, I do think he violated professional boundaries.  That is why I asked this before - I am trying to find out if it might get him removed from the case - conflict of interest is my thought.  If anyone knows - do tell!

Adding to my own post - bias needs to realize that g and c are witnesses for the state - whether he or they like it or not.
seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #544 on: August 20, 2009, 11:03:56 PM »

Any guesses on what the slore will wear to court tomorrow?

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011</a>
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #545 on: August 20, 2009, 11:05:28 PM »

I wonder if Tony L. will be in court tomorrow or just his attny?  If he's there, what do you think KC's reaction will be?  I'm betting she tries to make him jealous with her new man, bozo.

Did you guys see Tim Miller's face when george walked into the presser?  Priceless.

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #546 on: August 20, 2009, 11:06:40 PM »

ANJ - thank you for the update.

Well, tomorrow should be very interesting.

You can tell how nervous George (and I'm sure Cindy, too) is because it didn't take much for Baez to persuade George...hmmm...one would think that after it's been determined that Baez is not the brightest attorney, George wouldn't fall so quickly over what Baez says.  Maybe it wasn't Baez...maybe it was one of the female attorneys working on George.  I seem to recall that George let it be known some months ago that he didn't like Baez.

Recalling how outreagous George and Cindy acted at Morgan's depositions and seeing how easily George went on a tear today, indicates the degree that the trial will become a circus. 
IMO...it's gonna take one great big tent to hold a circus that big!!

Oh...and we'll get a preview at the pretrial in January. 

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #547 on: August 20, 2009, 11:07:20 PM »

A MOOOOOOOOO MOOOOOOOO 
seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #548 on: August 20, 2009, 11:11:14 PM »

A MOOOOOOOOO MOOOOOOOO 

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011</a>
seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #549 on: August 20, 2009, 11:14:16 PM »

A MOOOOOOOOO MOOOOOOOO 

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #550 on: August 20, 2009, 11:16:32 PM »

Klaas...you've outdone yourself with all the wonderful new monkeys you've created for us to use.  Thank you!

Brandi..thank you for the new monkey icons.  I love them!

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #551 on: August 20, 2009, 11:30:27 PM »

Brandi..thank you for the new monkey icons.  I love them!

Wink

ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #552 on: August 20, 2009, 11:47:34 PM »

I am wondering if it is legal for biasbutt to contact georgie.............. and what did he tell georgie and or conman to get them to go there with georgie in his boxer shorts?

My guess is he told them they were showing crime scene photos and perhaps suggested there might be photos of Caylee's remains.
ITA!  I think George better skip the rest of this pre-trial and the entire trial because he's going to hear REMAINS quite a bit.  What does he plan to do?  Jump up and disrupt court?  Jump up and huff out?  Seriously, does Brad honestly believe in his own heart he can control Cindy or George either one?  He better look long and hard at those Morgan depos with Cindy jerking off her microphone, slamming it down, and declaring herself "done".  He better look at George coming unglued when he misunderstands and thinks someone is even implying about Caylee's REMAINS.  IMO, George does know a lot about a lot of things. He can save himself a mental breakdown, as a possibly jail time (contempt of court, obstruction of justice, maybe even assault & battery before this is over-IMO).  Funny thing about the truth, you don't need crip notes and it's so simple, it really does set you free.  IMO, George has been carrying a lot of lies/deception around and we "see" him crumbling under the weight.  George-you can't save Casey no matter what you do.  Tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth and save yourself and your future.  You've got a lot of years ahead of you, a lot of living to do.  Do you really want to spend it the way you have the last one???

Forecast for the Day:
God is reigning and the Son is shining.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #553 on: August 20, 2009, 11:59:16 PM »

Georgie, Conway  and Nejame all speaking to reporters after their closed door meeting.

http://bit.ly/11tOvu
Thanks 

I'm back a couple of pages, but I thought this short interview was pretty telling. Conway seems to be saying that George and Cindy are "just beginning" the journey toward truth. I think Conway is referring to what truth will be undeniably exposed as this case marches toward trial, and the fact that Casey killed Caylee. I believe that George believed the defense spin that someone moved Caylee to the location she was found after Casey was in jail and since the pictures contradict that, he was prompted by Baez to stop the presser. JMO.
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #554 on: August 21, 2009, 12:12:59 AM »

That might be good tomorrow if TonE L is there and Casey.
ps there is a blogger called Otown Nick from the Fox Orlando blogsite who fits the description of the man you are speaking of who is always in court.
Could be for a book or something, I don't know what his career or profession is.
ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #555 on: August 21, 2009, 12:13:35 AM »

Popping in to catch up...Hello night owl Monkeys!  Saw this on MSNBC, relating to another case, also profiled by Pat Brown.  Sharing it because what she had to say applies to Caylee's case too-made my heart sing!

Suspicious behavior
While police engaged in a manhunt for Jenkins — and VH1 pulled future episodes of the show off the air — criminal profiler Pat Brown told TODAY’s Matt Lauer Thursday that she sees suspicious behavior galore in Jenkins’ actions.
“Then you wonder, if she’s leaving with luggage, why are you reporting her missing? Wouldn’t you just think she’s going someplace?
“The fact that Fiore’s body was found inside her own luggage is a strong indicator her slayer is someone known to her, Brown added. “That’s a big red flag,” she said. “If somebody is grabbing her off the street and he kills her, he’s usually going to dump her body very quickly; he’s not going to bother to put her in some luggage. Anybody who does that, there’s two reasons: One, they want to hide her very, very well, so that she’s not found quickly. And secondly, often it’s because they live in an apartment building and they have no other way to get the body out of the building. So that usually flags right away it’s somebody she knows.”
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32489733/ns/today-today_people/

Forecast for the Day:
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #556 on: August 21, 2009, 12:18:05 AM »

That might be good tomorrow if TonE L is there and Casey.
ps there is a blogger called Otown Nick from the Fox Orlando blogsite who fits the description of the man you are speaking of who is always in court.
Could be for a book or something, I don't know what his career or profession is.

I hope Tony shows and has a beautiful model on his arm.  Tony, write me offline _ I will pay for a beautiful girl to come with you to court if the monkeys will freeze frame it for me!  Seeme - you in? LOL
ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #557 on: August 21, 2009, 12:18:06 AM »

Popping in to catch up...Hello night owl Monkeys!  Saw this on MSNBC, relating to another case, also profiled by Pat Brown.  Sharing it because what she had to say applies to Caylee's case too-made my heart sing!

Suspicious behavior
While police engaged in a manhunt for Jenkins — and VH1 pulled future episodes of the show off the air — criminal profiler Pat Brown told TODAY’s Matt Lauer Thursday that she sees suspicious behavior galore in Jenkins’ actions.
“Then you wonder, if she’s leaving with luggage, why are you reporting her missing? Wouldn’t you just think she’s going someplace?
“The fact that Fiore’s body was found inside her own luggage is a strong indicator her slayer is someone known to her, Brown added. “That’s a big red flag,” she said. “If somebody is grabbing her off the street and he kills her, he’s usually going to dump her body very quickly; he’s not going to bother to put her in some luggage. Anybody who does that, there’s two reasons: One, they want to hide her very, very well, so that she’s not found quickly. And secondly, often it’s because they live in an apartment building and they have no other way to get the body out of the building. So that usually flags right away it’s somebody she knows.”
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32489733/ns/today-today_people/

Substitute "trash bags, duct tape, and a laundry bag from home" for all red highlighting.  Now substitute "the same house" for all blue highlighting and you'll see what I mean.   

Forecast for the Day:
crazybabyborg
« Reply #558 on: August 21, 2009, 12:18:38 AM »

Hi Kat and ISpy!!!   

I was wondering if Tony would be in court tomorrow, too, Kat.   

Interesting article, ISpy!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #559 on: August 21, 2009, 12:20:23 AM »

Hi ANJ!!    Didn't see you!

ISpy: I see the analogy, and think it's spot on!   
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.