May 02, 2024, 11:52:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Case of our cat missing again!  (Read 5210 times)
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: November 08, 2006, 05:53:06 PM »

Yesterday the painters painted the trim in our house.  Kitty and I have asthma, so DH rented us motel room for the night.  We took kitty to room and he got in bed with me.  DH slept in another bed.  I was tired and he wanted to watch/listen to election results, so he could watch, wear headset and kitty and I could rest.  

Kitty got in bed with me and woke me up at 2 a.m. crying.  I petted him, got him back to sleep around 3 a.m.

I awoke at 6 a.m. and could not find him.  I asked DH where he was.  He said he had spent the last hour looking for him.  He had looked high and low.  Well, we could not find him.  We looked and we looked and we called him.

The motel where we stayed has platform beds that seal to the floor and box springs sit on these.  (Newer models, I guess, they had this at Biltmore).  

DH finally decided Kitty had to be in the "boxspring" but could not figure out how he got there.  HE took the mattress off and lifted the form that is for the platform that box spring sits on.

When he lifted it up, Kitty was in there.  We found no hole that he could have entered to get there.  We are still puzzled as to how he got in there but for sure he could not get out.  We put room back together and brought kitty home to stay in shop until paint smell remits.  Cannot take him to a motel again without a cage. Smile

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2006, 06:02:58 PM »

Thank goodness you found him Tyler!

But I have no explanation for you -- only empathy Smile

I recall one time one of our 4 was NOWHERE to be found. We checked everyplace. Multiple times. On hands and knees. On ladders. Shook the food. Started the vacuum cleaner.

After 2 hours, dh was convinced that she got 'out' -- even though the possibility did not exist.

I was outside for 90 minutes calling her. Up and down the street. Asking all the neighbors. Looking under all the shrubs and up all the trees.

After 90 minutes, I went into the house sobbing.

DH sat down on the couch next to me to console me. And the next thing we know, she is on my lap tryng to console me, too Shocked

It's a good thing we love them so much Laughing

She has since passed. Tia rest in peace.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2006, 08:54:47 PM »

Those darn critters! I swear, they need to have a homing device on their collars!

LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2006, 09:06:31 PM »

OMG, TylerRose,

I would have had a heart attack. How old is your kitty? If he is real small, he can squeeze into teensy places.

Often times, my little cat Guinevere doesn't come when I call her and I look high and low and go into a panic, then suddenly she appears.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2006, 04:01:17 AM »

I really think he is trying to give me a heart attack. Wink   I was so scared and already crying that he would never be found, he was someplace dead. I was really paranoid.  Thank you for your understanding.

Louise, he is quite thin but he looks big.  He is all PErsian and looks like a giant, but he is all hair.  

My thought was he would not go into a place his whiskers would not fit.  Oh, well, there goes that theory.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2006, 07:45:01 PM »

Tyler,I am so glad you got kitty out of there! My kitty gets into all sorts of mischief too. I whined for four years(since my last kitty went to kitty heaven) for another one and hubby and son finally gave in and now I don't know what I would do without him! The funny thing is that son and hubby feel the same way about him now!!

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2006, 08:11:47 PM »

Glad you found your kitty-cat Tyler.  I have friends that had a Persian cat that went missing.  They looked and looked through the house.  She was later found in a rolled carpet in the house.  She got in but couldn't get out, and they found her too late. Sad Sometimes it's hard to keep fur babies safe.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2006, 02:29:09 AM »

Tyler,
I would guess kitty entered the box springs near the head of the bed.  Would be the only place possible.  He did a contortion trick.  Yes, for sure they will go into spaces smaller than their whiskers.  Cats just started that rumor so we wouldn't find them.

I think my recent invasion of the tiny mice was because I no longer have a cat.  Mind you I had two who were both sixteen and toothless but I think it is their scent that keeps away the mice.  One of them would not have caught a mouse for anything and the other probably not either but just the presence seems to discourage them.

So thinking about getting another that can tolerate the doggie kisses and roughness.

Is your cat microchipped just in case?  Something to consider and is not really very painful or dangerous to install the chip.

Glad he is once again found.  That may count as one of his nine lives, however since I doubt he could have gotten back out where he went in.

Anna

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.