May 05, 2024, 09:03:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PRAYER VIGIL for NATALEE marking 2nd year  (Read 17859 times)
crazybabyborg
« Reply #60 on: May 29, 2007, 05:45:25 PM »

The prayer vigil will start in a few hours and I was just checking to see if there was any additional help needed. I was touched that, of course, the folks here had answered the call to stand in heavenly places and petition the One power who is Soveriegn for justice, healing for hurt, and creator of miracles.

I'm thoughtful of Natalee and her family as this is about to begin. I'm awed by the wonderful people here, and so very grateful to stand with you on Natalee's behalf. And I know the prayers are heard. I know that Natalee and her family are important to God. I know we are too and that He too, is touched by this intercessory effort.

I am able to do more for you than you could possibly imagine ...Ephesians 3:20   For I am your greatest encourager ...2 Thessalonians 2:16-17   I am the Father who comforts you in all your troubles ...2 Corinthians 1:3-4 When you are brokenhearted, I am close to you ...Psalm 34:18  As a shepherd carries a lamb, I have carried you close to my heart ...Isaiah 40:11   One day I will wipe away every tear from your eyes ...Revelation 21:3-4  And I'll take away all the pain you have suffered on this earth ...Revelation 21:4
greeneyedlady
Monkey Junky

« Reply #61 on: May 29, 2007, 08:49:57 PM »

"The LORD is close to the brokenhearted; he rescues those who are crushed in spirit."
Psalm 34:18

"No man has a good enough memory to make a successful liar" Abraham Lincoln
greeneyedlady
Monkey Junky

« Reply #62 on: May 29, 2007, 08:57:06 PM »

For the Lord does not abandon anyone forever. Though he brings grief, he also shows compassion according to the greatness of his unfailing love."
Lamentations 3:22-26; 31-32

"No man has a good enough memory to make a successful liar" Abraham Lincoln
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #63 on: May 29, 2007, 09:00:37 PM »

One of my favorite sections of the Episcopal Book of Common Prayer is The Great Litany. Our congregation prays it together in unison at various times of the year, and it is very powerful. I'm posting a link to an online version for anyone who would like to use portions of it during their prayers.

http://www.bcponline.org/

I Stand With The Girl
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #64 on: May 29, 2007, 09:01:58 PM »

Okay, well that didn't exactly work. If you go to that link, look to the left, and you'll see The Great Litany is the 4th item down. If you click on that, it will take you to the text of The Great Litany.

I Stand With The Girl
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #65 on: May 29, 2007, 09:57:33 PM »

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #66 on: May 30, 2007, 02:16:55 AM »

Posted by SB in the LCD thread:

Tonight, in Birmingham, it's much cooler than it was at this time last year. I remember the summer mugginess aleady in the air at this point one year ago tonight. This night feels like March.

A huge, bright, 99% full moon hangs low in the southern sky. In Aruba that same moon is higher in the sky due to the difference in latitude. On the beach there, one could turn and look out across the water in the direction of Chavez's Venezuela and see that same moon, trying to give physical light to a place where spiritual and emotional darkness holds such sway.

It seems benign and friendly outside, but I sense that same feeling of unspoken and understated danger I felt last year, the feeling that some unseen THING could intrude and spoil the night, and all the days and years yet to come. That THING has spoiled 2 years of the lives of Natalee's family, in uncountable ways, and those spoiled years will continue from now on until their own years are no more.

We are all so sure by now that Natalee knows nothing of years now, only Eternity. By her own admission, her faith in Christ secured for her an Eternity unspoilable, where Evil may not intrude at all.

But we here in this world have to keep fighting that Evil.

I'm glad we here at this site are part of that fight for Justice and that we are seeing progress. Let's keep it going.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #67 on: May 30, 2007, 02:18:04 AM »

Posted by SB in the LCD thread:

TWO YEARS.

Again, the sun, the earth, the stars in their celestial positions, back as they were that night in Aruba.

We, and the Holloway and Twitty families, and all who have taken an interest in Natalee. have changed also. Many changes are not good ones. Many of the changes are the by-product of stress, grief and emotional upheaval.

Amongst the changes and the natural progression of life, though, we Monkeys have remained here fighting this cause. The cause has seemed hopeless at times, but lately we have heightened hopes and some sense of movement.

I said at this moment last year that I for one would be here when midnight of May 30th, 2007, rolled around. I am determined that With or WITHOUT answers, I shall still be a part of this effort on this moment a year from now too, because it symbolizes the injustices in the world which need to be righted, and the opposition in the world which America faces from those who would harm her sons and daughters.

Justice for Natalee has been co-opted by old-world wealth and privilege, and by island anything-goes hedonism, touched with a distinct anti-America slant. THAT she doesn't deserve.

Let's keep it up! Good to see everyone tonight!

I am headed outside for a few moments again, like I did last year, to look at those stars amd pray. To sense what that night could have felt like if it was not spoiled and destroyed by Evil's assault.
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #68 on: May 30, 2007, 03:47:20 AM »

If not filled I can do the 3:30 edt time so that's 12:30 pdt? Thurs. morning. TIA

Have a better day tomorrow, SunFreak! Laughing  Laughing

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #69 on: May 30, 2007, 10:15:53 AM »

Yap ... would it be possible to change your 5:30 PM time slot with my 4:30 PM time slot.

If not ... no biggie ... I will make 4:30 PM time slot work ...

Have a good day.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #70 on: May 30, 2007, 10:57:19 AM »

Quote from: "IBE"
If not filled I can do the 3:30 edt time so that's 12:30 pdt? Thurs. morning. TIA

Have a better day tomorrow, SunFreak! Laughing  Laughing

Ok..put you in that last spot, thank you!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #71 on: May 30, 2007, 10:57:36 AM »

If your name is not on the list but you want a spot, please go ahead and just pick a time that works for you. I can't fit everyones names on the list but I know we will all be sharing equally in our prayers.
yapperz1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #72 on: May 30, 2007, 03:49:50 PM »

Quote from: "Tamikosmom"
Yap ... would it be possible to change your 5:30 PM time slot with my 4:30 PM time slot.

If not ... no biggie ... I will make 4:30 PM time slot work ...

Have a good day.

Janet

Janet, I am just now seeing this but I can swap with you. No Problem.

I STAND WITH THE GIRL, NATALEE HOLLOWAY

ARUBA
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #73 on: May 30, 2007, 08:03:35 PM »

From the Book of Common Prayer (personalized for Natalee)

Almighty God, we remember before you today your faithful
servant Natalee.; and we pray that, having opened to her the gates
of larger life, you will receive her more and more into your
joyful service, that, with all who have faithfully served you in
the past, she may share in the eternal victory of Jesus Christ
our Lord; who lives and reigns with you, in the unity of the
Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.

I Stand With The Girl
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #74 on: May 30, 2007, 08:07:02 PM »

One more prayer from the BCP:

Father of all, we pray to you for Natalee., and for all those whom
we love but see no longer. Grant to them eternal rest. Let
light perpetual shine upon them. May her soul and the souls
of all the departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace.
Amen.

I Stand With The Girl
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #75 on: May 30, 2007, 09:02:26 PM »

Closing my prayer time with this from Psalm 11: 6-8.  

The LORD weighs the righteous as well as the wicked, *
       but those who delight in violence he abhors.

Upon the wicked he shall rain coals of fire and
                              burning sulphur; *
              a scorching wind shall be their lot.

For the LORD is righteous;
         he delights in righteous deeds; *
          and the just shall see his face.
snoopy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #76 on: May 30, 2007, 10:55:46 PM »

Sorry I didn't get in on this prayer chain.  Been gone for a while.  I have been thinking about Natalee all day.  As I was flying home from Orlando this morning I kept looking down thinking if I was over Alabama.   Kept thinking how Natalee should be there.
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #77 on: May 31, 2007, 12:25:51 AM »

As I finish my prayers I pray that the God of all creation, ruler of the universe would bring peace and justice for the family of Natalee Holloway.  It's time something happened.  This family has waited patiently on you Lord.  Please hear our prayers and bring a resolution of justice for Natalee.  She was gone too soon.
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #78 on: May 31, 2007, 12:27:39 AM »

Quote from: "Lala'sMom"
As I finish my prayers I pray that the God of all creation, ruler of the universe would bring peace and justice for the family of Natalee Holloway.  It's time something happened.  This family has waited patiently on you Lord.  Please hear our prayers and bring a resolution of justice for Natalee.  She was gone too soon.

AMEN Lalas.. AMEN ...
crazybabyborg
« Reply #79 on: May 31, 2007, 01:59:21 AM »

As my time to hold the candle comes to a close, I feel us in our circle surrounding Natalee and her family. We are both humbled to be in God's presence, and empowered that we have entrance to His throne room. We have asked that Natalee's family find comfort as well as answers. We have faith that God, who is sovereign, will fashion events so that Justice will prevail. We have assurance that although Natalee's gift of life to her family ended away from all who could help her, she was not alone, and the circumstances were well known to the ultimate Judge. We have hope because He lives and we have peace because she is with Him.

I pass my light to you, NM, and hope you feel us all at your side as we are a unified, kindred spirit for Natalee. God Bless.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.