May 04, 2024, 08:37:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Drew Peterson arrested/indicted for murder 3rd wife Kathleen Savio #1(GUILTY)  (Read 313211 times)
mymonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #80 on: May 25, 2009, 01:22:47 PM »

I noticed that Drew likes the figure 25,000.00

25,000.00 reward he offered for Stacy
25,000,00  he said Stacy took from home when she left...yea right Drew
25,000.00  offered to hit man

I guess using the same amount is easier fora liar to keep up with.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #81 on: May 27, 2009, 05:20:28 PM »

WTF!!!!!
Drew Peterson calls talk show, jokes from jail
CHICAGO —  Former police officer Drew Peterson cracked jokes from jail on a Chicago radio show that he called collect. He called WLS Radio's Mancow & Cassidy show on Wednesday and offered snippets of a comedy routine he's working on.

Peterson once proposed a "Win a Date With Drew" contest and offered a jail version called "Win a Conjugal Visit with Drew." He also joked about prison showers, his legal fees and his "bling" handcuffs, saying humor is how he deals with stress.

Peterson is charged with first-degree murder in the 2004 death of his third wife, Kathleen Savio. He's also a suspect in the 2007 disappearance of his fourth wife, Stacy Peterson.

He denies wrongdoing.
http://www.telegram.com/article/20090527/APA/905271224

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #82 on: May 27, 2009, 06:55:39 PM »

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/dpp/news/Remains_River_not_Peterson_Stebic

Remains in River not
Peterson or Stebic

Updated: Wednesday, 27 May 2009, 5:19 PM CDT
Published : Wednesday, 27 May 2009, 5:19 PM CDT

Skeletal remains found last Wednesday along the Des Plaines are that of an unidentified man, Illinois State Police announced Wednesday.

There had been speculation the remains were that of Stacy Peterson or Lisa Stebic.

The remains, discovered on May 20, were sent to the ISP Forensic Crime Lab for DNA analysis and it has been determined they are that of an unidentified male, according to an ISP release.

"An investigation to identify the remains is underway," the release said.

The office of Coroner Patrick O'Neil originally reported, "The partial skeletal remains consisted of a rib cage, spinal column and partial left and right femur bones. The head, arms and below the knee extremities were disarticulated."

O'Neil said the search continues for the missing remains.

Also, a forensic investigation continues as to whether the disarticulation is a result of a postmortem (after death) artifact or antemortem injury.

The coroner's office, he said, was given a conservative time frame in receiving forensic DNA and forensic (snipped)
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #83 on: May 27, 2009, 07:06:12 PM »

Thanks for the update Klaasand..prays to the family of the deceased man.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #84 on: May 27, 2009, 08:01:43 PM »

WTF!!!!!
Drew Peterson calls talk show, jokes from jail
CHICAGO —  Former police officer Drew Peterson cracked jokes from jail on a Chicago radio show that he called collect. He called WLS Radio's Mancow & Cassidy show on Wednesday and offered snippets of a comedy routine he's working on.

Peterson once proposed a "Win a Date With Drew" contest and offered a jail version called "Win a Conjugal Visit with Drew." He also joked about prison showers, his legal fees and his "bling" handcuffs, saying humor is how he deals with stress.

Peterson is charged with first-degree murder in the 2004 death of his third wife, Kathleen Savio. He's also a suspect in the 2007 disappearance of his fourth wife, Stacy Peterson.

He denies wrongdoing.
http://www.telegram.com/article/20090527/APA/905271224

I guess the news that it's not Stacy gave him a burst of kissmyazzeverybody. He's a pistol alright, wish he'd use it on himself. If that sounded bad, that's how I meant it!  He's a twisted twit.

PinkPopsicle
Scared Monkey

« Reply #85 on: May 30, 2009, 02:02:52 PM »

I heard on HLN that it is not Stacy or Lisa....another murdered woman.
Mymonkey I also heard this on HLN last weekend.  We seem to have been the only two people in the world but they did say it!
I was on a hunt for the transcript when I found your post.  I had to sign up here to let you know you are not crazy 
Actually I really like this site and hope to stick around.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #86 on: May 30, 2009, 03:48:02 PM »

Welcome PinkPopsicle!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #87 on: June 01, 2009, 08:23:05 PM »

http://www.wrex.com/Global/story.asp?S=10456282
New judge assigned to Drew Peterson case

Posted: June 1, 2009 10:44 AM

Updated: June 1, 2009 12:38 PM
JOLIET, Ill. (AP) -- There's another new judge in Drew Peterson's murder case.

Chief Judge Gerald Kinney granted a defense request Monday to replace Judge Carla Alessio-Policandriotes (pahl-ee-KAN'-dree-oh-tihs). The case is now before Judge Stephen White.

Two weeks ago, Alessio-Policandriotes replaced another judge at the prosecutor's request.

White scheduled a court date Wednesday to hear other motions, including a state request to seal discovery.

Peterson was at Monday's hearing.

He's charged with first-degree murder in the 2004 death of his third wife, Kathleen Savio. The former Bolingbrook police officer pleaded not guilty. He's jailed on $20 million bond.

Peterson's fourth wife, Stacy Peterson, has been missing since 2007. Peterson's been named a suspect in her disappearance.
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
This is the third judge.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #88 on: June 03, 2009, 08:02:23 PM »

Judge puts limits on Peterson's jail phone calls 

June 3, 2009

A judge on Wednesday sought to control publicity of the Drew Peterson murder case, after prosecutors complained the former Bolingbrook police officer and his lawyers have turned the case into a media circus.

Will County Judge Stephen White ordered Peterson’s lawyers to give him a list of family, friends and attorneys that Peterson calls from the Will County Adult Detention Facility. If Peterson wants to call somebody who is not on the list, he has to get permission, White said.

White also ordered that all attorneys in the case must notify him and the Attorney Registration and Disciplinary Commission of any interviews and send copies of press releases.

“If you are going to do an interview, I would like to be informed (beforehand) as to the time and place,” White said.

The judge’s order came a week after Peterson called a radio show from jail and cracked jokes about prison showers, a “Win a Conjugal Visit with Drew” contest and the death of his third wife, Kathleen Savio.

Peterson has pleaded not guilty to first-degree murder charges in the 2004 death of Savio, whose body was found in a dry bathtub. Peterson also is a suspect in the disappearance of his fourth wife, Stacy.

That the judge would address the issue of pretrial publicity isn’t surprising. The case has generated intense media interest since Stacy Peterson went missing in late October 2007.

Peterson and his attorney Joel Brodsky have made scores of television and radio appearances and a small army of television trucks is often parked outside Peterson’s Bolingbrook home. Also, both Peterson and Savio’s family have hired publicists.

The publicity threatens the ability for a fair trial, said Will County State’s Attorney James Glasgow, who said he has limited speaking out on the case.

“This is the place to put a cap on it,” he said of pretrial publicity. “I’m trying to protect the jury pool here.”

Brodsky countered that he needs to be able to talk to the media, saying publicity might prompt potential witnesses to come forward with relevant information.

Glasgow also sought to limit Peterson’s contact visits after reports surfaced that he had played cards with one of his attorneys in jail.

White denied the motion, but he made it clear that he didn’t think playing cards was appropriate and Peterson would have to follow jail rules.

“There won’t be any more card games,” said Will County Sheriff Paul Kaupas after the court hearing.

The judge set an Aug. 24 trial date.

Brodsky, who can ask for a continuance, said it was a realistic date as long as Peterson is in custody.

White also ordered the names of witnesses and potential witnesses be sealed. In some cases witness lists are public information.

There are several hundred witnesses and potential witnesses, Brodsky said after court.

Glasgow said he expects the defense to move for a change of venue because of the publicity.

Brodsky did not address the change of venue, but has said the defense is considering that. He said Wednesday that solitary confinement has been difficult for Peterson, who has been held away from other prisoners after his May 7 arrest.

“It has an effect on his psyche, no question about it,” Brodsky said.

http://www.southtownstar.com/news/1605823,drew-peterson-jail-phone-calls-0603.article

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #89 on: June 27, 2009, 12:33:16 AM »

Peterson lawyers want help with discovery
June 25, 2009 5:48 PM | 1 Comment

Attorneys for Drew Peterson, charged with murder in the 2004 drowning death of ex-wife Kathleen Savio, were in court Thursday seeking help as they sift through more than 30,000 pages of investigative reports and hundreds of hours of audio recordings turned over by prosecutors.

Joel Brodsky argued six motions before Judge Stephen White, essentially asking that prosecutors be required to give more details about their theory of how Peterson killed Savio as well as "Cliff's Notes" versions of the 9,470 investigative reports he has received.

"Are they saying my client held her underwater or knocked her unconscious or hit her over the head with a blunt object?" he said, later adding: "How did he do it? The state certainly has to prove that."

John Connor, chief of the Will County State's Attorney's major crimes unit, argued that all that information was detailed in the reports given to Peterson's lawyers.

"I've never seen a request like this in any homicide case I've participated in," he told the judge.

White denied or continued the motions. He did tell prosecutors to give Peterson's attorneys an estimated time that Savio was last seen alive as well as an estimated time her body was discovered in the bathtub of her Bolingbrook home.

Prosecutors also agreed to reveal whether any money or other consideration was given to Lenny Wawczak and his wife Paula Stark, former acquaintances of Peterson who Brodsky said in court Thursday wore wires and also videotaped his client.

Brodsky sought the same information about Thomas Morphey, Peterson's stepbrother, who has said he helped Peterson remove the body of fourth wife Stacy from the couple's home in 2007.

Brodsky said prosecutors have provided a list of 127 pieces of physical evidence in Savio's death, including a Power MacIntosh 7200 computer, and a roughly equal amount of physical evidence in the disappearance of Peterson's second wife.

Peterson has been named the sole suspect in Stacy's disappearance, but has not been charged with any crime.

White agreed to enter an order forbidding the state from listening to recorded phone calls between Peterson and his attorneys, something Connor said prosecutors already abstain from.

"If the state is listening in to an attorney-client phone call, they're in big trouble," said White, who also said he would allow Peterson's attorneys to bring their laptops into the Will County jail, where Peterson has been held since his May 7 arrest.

Also, attorneys for JP Morgan Chase, which has been served two subpoenas for financial records related to the case, asked that the subpoenas be quashed. White is expected to take up the issue July 10.

An attorney forwarded calls to a Chase spokeswoman, who declined comment.

In a separate court filing, Country Mutual Insurance Co., the firm that underwrote Peterson's $500,000 home liability insurance, has asked a judge to find that it is not liable to pay for Peterson's legal fees or any damages that arise from a wrongful death lawsuit filed against him earlier this year by Savio's estate.

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2009/06/peterson-lawyers-want-help-with-discovery.html

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #90 on: June 27, 2009, 12:36:37 AM »

Peterson trial witness list: 805 people
Comments

June 26, 2009
By JOE HOSEY jhosey@scn1.com

JOLIET — Saying Drew Peterson's attorneys were attempting to simplify disclosure evidence into "CliffsNotes," prosecutors thwarted the bid Thursday but will have to pare an 805-witness list down to the 50 most likely to testify.

John Connor, the chief of the major crime unit for the state's attorney, countered an eight-point motion from Peterson's defense team that would help the accused wife-killer's lawyers more easily navigate the thousands of pages of discovery evidence.

"I think what the counsel is asking us to do is give them CliffsNotes on this," Connor said, referring to the study guides that simplify books for students.

One of Peterson's attorneys, Joel Brodsky, argued that the first-degree murder indictment against Peterson was too vague.

He wanted prosecutors to provide detailed descriptions of such matters as how Peterson allegedly drowned his third wife, Kathleen Savio; whether he used any weapons or tools to kill her; exactly where and when the alleged 2004 murder occurred; and how Peterson may have gained entry to her home.

"Was it a key?" Brodsky asked. "Was it, 'Beam me up, Scotty'?"

Connor countered that all of the information Brodsky is entitled to can be found in the discovery evidence already handed over by prosecutors. But Brodsky said it was too much for him and Peterson's other attorneys to sift through.

Judge Stephen White denied all the requests in Brodsky's motion, but did tell Connor to come up with an approximate time Savio was last seen alive and about when her body was found.

755 witnesses too many

Brodsky also took issue with the 805 men and women listed as possible witnesses against Peterson. Connor is supposed to come up with the 50 most likely to testify by July 10, but was not forbidden from calling the remaining 755 at trial, which is scheduled to start Aug. 24.

White also shot down Brodsky's request for Peterson to take possession of the evidence against him while he is in jail. White said Peterson could review the evidence in the presence of his attorneys, who have been granted unlimited jailhouse visits with their client.

Paid testimony?

Brodsky also asked whether three key witnesses against Peterson were compensated by the state police.

Brodsky named Peterson's former friends Len Wawczak and Paula Stark, who clandestinely recorded their conversations with Peterson for seven months at the behest of the state police, and Peterson's stepbrother, Thomas Morphey, who claims to have helped Peterson dispose of the body of his fourth wife, Stacy Peterson, in October 2007, as the witnesses he suspects may have profited from their statements.

Brodsky asked whether Stark, Wawczak or Morphey were paid money or given consideration in regard to criminal charges that may have faced them.

White said this issue would be resolved July 10.
http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/heraldnews/news/1640073,peterson-witness-list_jo062509.article

Brodsky must be related to Casey's Bozo lawyer. Whining and wanting the prosecutors to do their work for them.

Edit/typos per Pink Angel. MB
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 09:40:02 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #91 on: July 23, 2009, 10:51:58 AM »

I thought we already knew this, but CNN page shows an update of 7 minutes ago ... ??

New autopsy: Drew Peterson's third wife was killed
updated 7 minutes ago

(CNN) -- A new autopsy of the third wife of former Illinois police officer Drew Peterson shows that the woman was killed, a determination that contradicts an earlier autopsy that said she died accidentally.

Peterson was arrested in May and charged with first-degree murder in the 2004 death of his third wife, Kathleen Savio.

She and Peterson were going through a bitter divorce when Savio was found dead in her bathtub with a gash to the back of her head. The death was declared an accident by a coroner. Then Peterson's fourth wife, Stacy Peterson, went missing.

Peterson also has been identified as a suspect in the disappearance of Stacy Peterson, though her body has not been found.

A new autopsy in the Savio case reveals bruising consistent with a struggle.

There was a 1-inch blunt-force laceration on the back of her head, five scraping abrasions and six blunt-force, black-and-blue bruises on her extremities, abdomen and buttocks, the autopsy said.
The bruising led well-respected forensic pathologist Michael Baden to rule the death a homicide.

Peterson pleaded not guilty to murder in the Savio case in May and has denied wrongdoing in both cases.

At an earlier court hearing, prosecutors said Peterson had tried to pay a hit man $25,000 to kill Savio.

Peterson attorney Joel Brodsky dismissed the allegation, saying it was one of many claims that he would disprove. Rolling Eyes
http://edition.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/07/23/illinois.drew.peterson/

Anyone see anything new in that??

Southernbelle
Scared Monkey

« Reply #92 on: July 23, 2009, 04:20:03 PM »

Yeah, I'm wondering too--I don't see anything all that new, unless there's more to come???

But I gotta say: keep smirking, Drew. And if you want a demonstration of how poor Kathleen could have died, well, Drew, hop in this bathtub and I'll be more than happy to show you.... Monkey Devil!

Before crime is committed, conscience must be corrupted.~~Henri Amiel
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #93 on: August 02, 2009, 04:24:18 PM »

http://www.suntimes.com/news/peterson/1670949,drew-peterson-christina-raines-071709.article
State's attorney: Cops did not hit on Drew Peterson's fiancee

July 17, 2009

BY JOE HOSEY jhosey@scn1.com

The Los Angeles attorney representing Drew Peterson's young love shot down a claim from the accused wife-killer's lawyer that a state cop hit on her client.

"Chrissie has not had dinner with or gone to the movies with any police officer other than Drew Peterson and she has no interest in doing so," the attorney, Gloria Allred, said in a written statement. "She does not feel that she was 'hit on' by any police officer. We do not think there is a basis for filing a complaint against any police officer and we have no plans to file such a complaint."

Following a Tuesday court hearing, one of Peterson's attorneys, Joel Brodsky, announced that a state police detective asked Peterson's 24-year-old girlfriend, Christina Raines, to go out with him on a date.

According to Brodsky, the state police detective proposed that Raines accompany him to dinner and a movie.

The unidentified detective supposedly asked Raines out while investigating the murder of Peterson's third wife, Kathleen Savio, and disappearance of his fourth wife, Stacy Peterson. Peterson faces first-degree murder charges in connection with Savio's death.

Brodsky said he planned to file a motion regarding the state police detective's supposed romantic overture.

Charles B. Pelkie, the spokesman for the state's attorney's office, refuted Brodsky's accusation, calling it "preposterous and disingenuous."

Pelkie also said two detectives always interacted with Raines at the same time and never left one or the other alone with her.

Brodsky's claim infuriated Raines' father, Ernie Raines, who called Brodsky a "scumbag." Ernie Raines also called Peterson a "scumbag" and threatened to "kick the [expletive] out of" and "take apart" Brodsky if he happened to run into him.

Brodsky failed to return calls for comment on Allred's statement or to say how frightened he was of Ernie Raines.

Allred's involvement in the Peterson case is not the first time she has stepped into a high-profile murder prosecution.

She represented Amber Frey, the girlfriend of convicted wife-killer Scott Peterson, and was also the attorney for the family of O.J. Simpson's slain wife, Nicole Brown Simpson.

Allred is the mother of television personality Lisa Bloom.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #94 on: August 06, 2009, 05:03:46 PM »

Brodsky failed to return calls for comment on Allred's statement or to say how frightened he was of Ernie Raines.

LOL! That made me giggle. How does that go....reporter calls and leaves a voice message for Brodsky..."he said he wants to be kick your ass!" are you scared? huh?

pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #95 on: August 13, 2009, 10:32:29 PM »

Friday is D-Day for Drew's Road Show
Attorney: Drew Peterson can't get fair trail in Will County
Updated 5:45 PM CDT, Thu, Aug 13, 2009

We'll find out Friday if Drew Peterson will be able to take his show on the road.

The man charged with the murder of his third wife, Kathleen Savio, and suspected of having something to do with the disappearance of his fourth wife, Stacy Peterson, filed a motion in Will County last month to move his trial.

The request cites the saturation of coverage in newspapers, on television and online which, according to his attorney, makes it difficult for the former Bolingbrook police sergeant to get a fair trial.

Of course, Peterson hasn't exactly shied away from the attention. Remember, he didn't seem to mind being arrested and charged with murder at all.

"I should have returned those library books,” he told police when he was arrested in May, and while being escorted into jail, he joked about his "bling."

"Three squares a day and this spiffy new outfit, how could I complain?" he cracked.

His comedy routine continued during a seven-minute collect call into WLS Radio's Mancow & Cassidy Show.

He's even taken his story nationally, which sort of makes the request to move the trial seemingly a bit disingenuous.

If unmoved, the trial will be held in Will County Circuit Court in Joliet.

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local-beat/drew-peterson-court-trial-move-081409-53173227.html

Excellent sketch artist. Drew in handcuffs is an awesome sight.

pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #96 on: August 13, 2009, 10:35:16 PM »

Drew Peterson challenges state's hearsay law
Defense attorneys say 'Drew's law' is unconstitutional

By Steve Schmadeke Tribune reporter

August 11, 2009

* EmailE-mail
    * printPrint
    * increase text size decrease text size Text size

Drew Peterson's attorneys filed a motion Monday challenging the constitutionality of a new state law some have called "Drew's law" that gives judges the power to allow hearsay evidence into the courtroom under certain conditions.

Peterson is charged in the 2004 drowning death of third wife Kathleen Savio. If prosecutors can prove at a pretrial hearing that Peterson killed Savio to prevent her from testifying, the new law lets a judge admit Savio's letters and statements to friends and family into evidence at trial.

Peterson's attorneys argue that the law, which took effect in December, violates a defendant's 6th Amendment right to cross-examine witnesses; goes against state and federal constitutional proscriptions against retroactively applied laws; and "erodes the presumption of innocence" by asking a judge before the trial even starts to find that Peterson murdered Savio to silence her.

"There is a profound unfairness in allowing the state's attorney to draft, and the legislature to enact, a law aimed at obtaining the conviction of a single individual," the motion says, referring to Will County State's Atty. James Glasgow, who pushed for the law.

"The new hearsay law ... as written would allow gossip, innuendo, rumor and back-fence scandal to come into a court of law and masquerade as evidence."

The law was specifically drafted to meet constitutional muster, said a spokesman for the state's attorney's office, who added that similar laws have been enacted in more than a dozen states.

"Mr. Glasgow is eager to argue this motion and he believes thoroughly that he will prevail as to the constitutionality issues," said spokesman Charles Pelkie.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-peterson-hearsay_11_aug11,0,1334049.story

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #97 on: August 14, 2009, 05:15:39 PM »

I LOVE the Court Artist drawing  He looks 70 HAHAHAaaaaaaaaa
God, I hate that pig.

Anywho....lol...
JOLIET, Ill., Aug. 14, 2009
Judge In Drew Peterson Case Preparing Jury Pool
Judge In Drew Peterson's Murder Trial Starts Preparing Possible Jurors
AP)  Hundreds of potential jurors in the murder trial of former police officer Drew Peterson were asked to fill out questionnaires Friday, although no trial date has been set and Peterson wants the trial moved.

Will County Judge Stephen White said he was proceeding under the assumption that the trial would remain in the county, and was trying to protect a jury pool. After potential jurors entered the courtroom, Peterson, wearing a gray suit, stood and greeted them.

"Good morning, folks. How are you?" he said.

White instructed the group to avoid media coverage of the case, which has received worldwide attention, and not to look it up on the Internet.

Peterson, a former Bolingbrook police sergeant, has pleaded not guilty to a first-degree murder charge in the 2004 death of his third wife Kathleen Savio, whose body was found in a dry bathtub.

Savio's death was originally ruled an accident. But after Peterson was named a suspect in the disappearance of his fourth wife, Stacy Peterson, in October 2007, Savio's body was exhumed. Her death was ruled a homicide after a new autopsy was conducted.

A hearing was scheduled for later Friday on Peterson's request to move the trial because of pretrial publicity _ some of it courted by Peterson and his attorney, who went on numerous television and radio shows.

White planned to have 240 people fill out questionnaires Friday. He gave potential jurors a list of 493 people whose names could come up during the trial to see if they knew any them. He said he did not know when the trial would begin, but said they should not change any plans.

Peterson's attorneys said it was very unusual for a judge to begin the jury-selection process months before the start of a trial, adding that it would be difficult for potential jurors to avoid publicity.

"I hope they follow the law," said attorney Andrew Abood.

In June, White ruled that Peterson needed court permission to call anyone from jail after Peterson called a radio show and cracked jokes about prison showers, a "Win a Conjugal Visit with Drew" contest and Savio's death.

At the time, prosecutors claimed the publicity threatened a fair trial, while Peterson attorney Joel Brodsky said publicity might prompt potential witnesses to come forward.

White also set an Oct. 2 hearing on a motion filed by Peterson's attorneys challenging the constitutionality of a hearsay law passed in Illinois in 2008 and widely viewed as a response to the case.

Prosecutors have said the law would allow Savio to "testify from the grave" by admitting into evidence her past statements that she believed Peterson wanted her dead.

But Peterson's attorneys said in their motion that the law "would allow gossip, innuendo, rumor and back fence scandal to come into a court of law and masquerade as evidence."

Peterson has been jailed on $20 million bail since his arrest in May. A judge refused to reduce his bail after prosecutors claimed he tried to pay someone $25,000 to kill Savio before allegedly drowning her himself.
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/08/14/ap/national/main5242531.shtml

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #98 on: August 14, 2009, 07:38:24 PM »

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_DREW_PETERSON_COURT?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=US
Aug 14, 5:43 PM EDT

Judge to rule Oct. 2 on moving Drew Peterson case

By DON BABWIN
Associated Press Writer

JOLIET, Ill. (AP) -- Hundreds of potential jurors in the murder trial of former police officer Drew Peterson were asked to fill out questionnaires Friday, although no trial date has been set and Peterson wants the trial moved.

Will County Judge Stephen White said he was proceeding under the assumption that the trial would remain in the county, and was trying to protect a jury pool. White later heard arguments on whether Peterson's trial should be moved, and said he'll rule Oct. 2.

After potential jurors entered the courtroom Friday, Peterson, wearing a gray suit, stood and greeted them.

"Good morning, folks. How are you?" he said.

Peterson, a former Bolingbrook police sergeant, has pleaded not guilty to a first-degree murder charge in the 2004 death of his third wife Kathleen Savio, whose body was found in a dry bathtub.

Savio's death was originally ruled an accident. But after Peterson was named a suspect in the disappearance of his fourth wife, Stacy Peterson, in October 2007, Savio's body was exhumed. Her death was ruled a homicide after a new autopsy was conducted.

Peterson attorney Reem Odeh said much of the intense publicity surrounding the case has been negative and inflammatory, making it impossible for Peterson to get a fair trial in Will County. She said there also was a chance Peterson arrested or ticketed potential jurors or their family members during his three decades as a police officer.

Prosecutors said there is no reason to move the case, especially since Peterson and his attorneys courted much of the publicity on television and radio shows.
But Will County State's Attorney James Glasgow says he'd agree to a venue change if it became clear during jury selection that a fair trial was impossible.

White planned to have 240 people fill out questionnaires Friday. He gave potential jurors a list of 493 people whose names could come up during the trial to see if they knew any them. the judge also instructed the group to avoid media coverage of the case, which has received worldwide attention, and not to look it up on the Internet.

Peterson's attorneys said it was very unusual for a judge to begin the jury-selection process months before the start of a trial and that it would be difficult for potential jurors to avoid publicity.

White will also hear on Oct. 2 a motion filed by Peterson's attorneys challenging the constitutionality of a hearsay law passed in Illinois in 2008 and widely viewed as a response to the case.

Prosecutors have said the law would allow Savio to "testify from the grave" by admitting into evidence her past statements that she believed Peterson wanted her dead.

But Peterson's attorneys said in their motion that the law "would allow gossip, innuendo, rumor and back fence scandal to come into a court of law and masquerade as evidence."

Peterson has been jailed on $20 million bail since his arrest in May. A judge refused to reduce his bail after prosecutors claimed he tried to pay someone $25,000 to kill Savio before allegedly drowning her himself.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #99 on: September 10, 2009, 08:32:54 AM »

buh bye Drew 

I can't wait to see this mofo  Cool go down 

Drew Peterson's 'Pucker Factor'
September 10, 2009
Did you hear that? It was Drew Peterson's rear-end clamping shut. Guys call it the "pucker factor." It happens when you get really nervous, and former Bolingbrook, Illinois Police Sergeant Drew Peterson has a lot to be nervous about.

He's in jail with a $20 million bond, awaiting trial for the murder of his third ex-wife, Kathleen Savio, whose body was found in 2004 in the bathtub of the home the couple once shared, and he is suspected by just about everyone of killing his fourth wife, Stacy Peterson, who disappeared without a trace on Oct. 28, 2007.

The reason for Peterson's sudden puckering has got to be a recent jury decision in faraway Georgia.

On Sept. 3, a jury in LaFayette, Georgia found former local Police Sergeant Sam Parker guilty of murdering his wife, Theresa Parker.

Theresa Parker, a 911 dispatcher, was last seen leaving her sister's house on March 21, 2007. At the time of her disappearance, she was separated from her husband and moving out of their home.

As in the Peterson case, Sam Parker--a 25-year police veteran--initially cooperated with investigators and claimed his wife had run off, probably with another man. Also like Drew Peterson, Sam Parker had a history of domestic abuse.

Although Theresa Parker's body was not found, a grand jury, and later a petite jury, was convinced that Sam Parker murdered his wife.

Parker was sentenced to life in prison. 

So what does that mean for Drew Peterson? Maybe nothing. Maybe an awful lot.

Prosecutors in Illinois potentially get two whacks at him.

A lengthy grand jury investigation into the deaths of both Mrs. Petersons resulted in only one murder indictment, for the death of wife number three, Kathleen Savio.

Savio's death was initially ruled an accident, but after the exhumation of her remains in 2007, two new autopsies--one by renowned forensic pathologist Dr. Michael Baden--reclassified her death as a homicide.

"I don't think there's any possibility this was an accident, and I don't think there's any indication this was suicide," Dr. Baden told Fox News's Greta Van Susteren. "It's my opinion, to a reasonable degree of medical certainty, that it's a homicide."

Prosecutors could go after Drew Peterson again for the disappearance and presumed death of Stacy Peterson. Depending on what happens at his upcoming trial, Peterson may find himself in the dock facing a second murder charge.

http://incoldblogger.blogspot.com/2009/09/drew-petersons-pucker-factor.html

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.