May 14, 2024, 03:08:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #2 6/30/10 - 7/5/10  (Read 476941 times)
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #760 on: July 02, 2010, 06:04:11 PM »

A website that allows you to see mapped all cellular Towers -  owned/operated by providers
Portland OR -
http://www.cellreception.com/towers/towers.php?city=portland&state_abr=or

15 pages of comments left by cellular users in the vicinity of Portland -
of What Towers work, Do not work, What provider works best etc...
All commentary written in by people not " companies"
http://www.cellreception.com/search.php?zip=97232&page=1
I can say that more than most of them are to be complaints, not comments of praise. People will write a complaint over a compliment any day .. Human Nature.
......... Sad

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
Patricia Mocha Latte
Monkey Junky

« Reply #761 on: July 02, 2010, 06:04:26 PM »

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/sheriff_kyron_horman_search_at.html

Sheriff: Kyron Horman search at $300,000; no arrests, no missing boy

But as Kyron’s disappearance hits the four-week anniversary and costs mount for the cash-strapped county, Staton could not say whether an arrest or resolution is coming any time soon -- nor how long the office can afford to sustain the effort.

I can't believe that a reporter would focus on such a thing.  I know the economy is bad, but OMGosh!!!!  who would put a price on the cost of searching for a missing child???? 

I had read that it was mentioned at the presser regarding the cost of the investigation. It's sad that $$ plays a huge role in this but it does. If the funding is not available then the quality of the investigation would be lacking no?
With all of the cutbacks due to the economy I am fairly certain that the concern is indeed valid is what I am thinking.

“Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward.”
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #762 on: July 02, 2010, 06:04:30 PM »

Ladies, may I ask you all a question?

If you removed Step from Terri familial dynamic - would you still view her the same way?

Would Tanner's story all of a sudden make more sense and be more believable? Would you than be more inclined to believe that Tanner is infact the last person to see Kyron? It's been reported several times. He gave an interview himself.

If Kyron were Terri's natural son would you be inclined to think an unknown pedophile, another parent, or a school staff member has possibly committed this crime?

I think that's a fair question.

If "step" were not in the equation, I'd still think the same.

NewfieMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #763 on: July 02, 2010, 06:05:25 PM »

If you removed Step from Terri familial dynamic - would you still view her the same way?

Would Tanner's story all of a sudden make more sense and be more believable? Would you than be more inclined to believe that Tanner is infact the last person to see Kyron? It's been reported several times. He gave an interview himself.

If Kyron were Terri's natural son would you be inclined to think an unknown pedophile, another parent, or a school staff member has possibly committed this crime?

Personally I don't care if she's a step or not ... look at all the women who've made news because they've killed their biological children. 

I think Terri sometimes because I just can't imagine someone brazen enough to go into a school that small and leave with a child .... and I think stranger sometimes because I just can't imagine Terri being brazen enough to believe that no one saw her leave with Kyron (and IMO she had to believe/know that to be able to play off the whole bus scene ... and know that within minutes some parent wouldn't step up and say ... but Terri I saw you leave with him at 9:00) ...

I'm perplexed ...

... trying to chase down all the Anthony's lies ... this may take a while ...
NewfieMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #764 on: July 02, 2010, 06:06:39 PM »

If I read correctly it was said that:
It's a unique type of investigation because 1- it involves a child, 2- it involves a school, and 3- it involves elected officials. *

The investigation involves elected officials? I am wondering how so exactly?

Any guesses?
They are in charge of the sheriff's dept budget.  Here it's a city council ... I don't know what they call it in Oregon.

... trying to chase down all the Anthony's lies ... this may take a while ...
bananas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #765 on: July 02, 2010, 06:06:54 PM »

Being a stepmom myself, I feel it has no bearing on the situation whatsoever.  But I am still on the fence.  One minute I think she has done something and the next I wonder if someone else grabbed him.  I think children are not the best witnesses so I can't entirely believe what Tanner is saying.... not that I think he is lying.... but more that I believe he could be mistaken in his perceptions.

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>

Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me."
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #766 on: July 02, 2010, 06:07:53 PM »

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/sheriff_kyron_horman_search_at.html

Sheriff: Kyron Horman search at $300,000; no arrests, no missing boy

But as Kyron’s disappearance hits the four-week anniversary and costs mount for the cash-strapped county, Staton could not say whether an arrest or resolution is coming any time soon -- nor how long the office can afford to sustain the effort.

I can't believe that a reporter would focus on such a thing.  I know the economy is bad, but OMGosh!!!!  who would put a price on the cost of searching for a missing child???? 

The cost of the investigation seemed to the focus of the press conference.  NOTHING else was revealed.  IMO

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
dodade
Scared Monkey

« Reply #767 on: July 02, 2010, 06:07:57 PM »

Someone asked about Sauvie Island.  You can find out some information here about it here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sauvie_Island  and here

http://columbiariverimages.com/Regions/Places/sauvie_island.html

As you can see it's large, very hilly and has A LOT of vegetation (TON of underbrush and large trees).  I grew up on the other side of the water in Longview Wa and one of the things I remember about Sauvie Island is that there was a nudist beach ( http://www.orcoba.org/
) on it. For the locals it's knowns for it's huge pumpkin farms but also has strawberry farms and other agriculture fields. Oh and someone asked if it was a toll bridge...nope.
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #768 on: July 02, 2010, 06:09:20 PM »

Good post Deenie - me likes!

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #769 on: July 02, 2010, 06:09:26 PM »

If "step" were not in the equation, I'd still think the same.
Me too, really can't say that matters to me. Mothers and step mothers alike can do unspeakable things to their children.   Deenie, I know, I've read all your posts about Kaine and his controlling ways. There is no doubt in my mind that he is controlling.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #770 on: July 02, 2010, 06:10:13 PM »

It's a unique type of investigation because 1- it involves a child, 2- it involves a school, and 3- it involves elected officials. *

Any guesses?

Was that said in the PC today? Elected officials? Don't know.
Patricia Mocha Latte
Monkey Junky

« Reply #771 on: July 02, 2010, 06:10:47 PM »

The area where the Horman family lives/lived is rural. Small town environment?
How many gyms are in this area? I am focusing on the gym because it is a known place that Terri frequented as body building is one of her interests.
She is known to have friends who have similar interests.

Could it be possible that an elected official is also a member of this same gym, possibly one of her known friends or???

“Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward.”
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #772 on: July 02, 2010, 06:11:00 PM »

Someone asked about Sauvie Island.  You can find out some information here about it here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sauvie_Island  and here

http://columbiariverimages.com/Regions/Places/sauvie_island.html

As you can see it's large, very hilly and has A LOT of vegetation (TON of underbrush and large trees).  I grew up on the other side of the water in Longview Wa and one of the things I remember about Sauvie Island is that there was a nudist beach ( http://www.orcoba.org/
) on it. For the locals it's knowns for it's huge pumpkin farms but also has strawberry farms and other agriculture fields. Oh and someone asked if it was a toll bridge...nope.
Thank-you, I've been looking at pictures of the island, it is very beautiful.
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #773 on: July 02, 2010, 06:13:53 PM »

Kyron was born Sept. 9, 2002, Desiree Young (bio-mom) and Kaine Horman divorced in 2003. Kaine and Desiree shared custody, Kyron lived with Desiree until 2004, when she went to Canada to seek treatment for kidney failure.

Kyron was 2 years old (2004) when he went to live with his father full time. In 2004 Terri Moulton moved in to help Kaine care for Kyron. (Her son James also moved in) Desiree returned from Canada two months 2 months later, she moved in with her family in Medford, Oregon.

Kyron continued to live with his father, but Desiree & Kyron maintained a close relationship.

In April 2007 Terri & Kaine married.

Up until yesterday it had been stated in news articles that Desiree & Terri had been friends prior to Terri moving in with Kaine to care for Kyron. This is not true, Desiree was asked that question yesterday in an tv interview, in which she stated no her & Terri had not been friends.
Here is link to that interview. http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/ab...t8L_W70Hw.cspx

one of those articles
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_hormans_blended_family_f.html

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #774 on: July 02, 2010, 06:14:08 PM »

Maybe it's as simple as Terri trying to *get back* at Kaine for something.  An affair, an argument that morning or the night before, being upset about James moving out...whatever, even if it is weeks/months after whatever has happened.

And so, she decides she'll just take Kyron with her . . . after looking at the Science projects.  They'll show up later that afternoon or evening after Kaine has (hopefully, in her mind) been worrying about their whereabouts.

Maybe the little guy inadvertently says/does something that sets her off, and she hits him or something else *bad* happens.

Who knows...just thinking out loud.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #775 on: July 02, 2010, 06:18:53 PM »

Rob I think people would still say it was Terri the mom, look at what happened with Victoria Straffords mom, Lindseys mom, at times Ambers mom, a few tried it with Sandra's mom...I do believe however a step parent is considered to be someone burdened, someone resentful, a person who doesn't love the child, thanks to Mr Disney and the wicked step mother stories! ...I think her being a step parent makes it easier for people to understand how she could hurt a child because she is not emotionally attached.
You know what is funny, Kaine did what people associate with step parents, he rejected his step son. Why is there not the outcry over that? Kaine is not a perfect person in this, is he guilty? I don't think so, but the focus on his actions and past behavior has certainly not be rumored as much as Terri's.
Patricia Mocha Latte
Monkey Junky

« Reply #776 on: July 02, 2010, 06:19:38 PM »

Superintendent's of School Districts are elected officials.
Hmm...Didn't I read somewhere that Terri had wanted to be one herself?

justwondering
Scared Monkey

« Reply #777 on: July 02, 2010, 06:21:10 PM »

Any guesses?

Was that said in the PC today? Elected officials? Don't know.

This is out there, but in quite a few movies/books/law&order episodes(lol), the "elected officials" press LE for a resolution because they are up for election soon.  In fiction, this usually is the District Attorney, but I guess it could be any elected official (sheriff, mayor, etc.) that wants to look like a hero.

That being said, I don't live in the area, so I don't know if this is what the PC was alluding to.
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #778 on: July 02, 2010, 06:21:24 PM »

Any guesses?

personally I think this is mostly BS and here's why.

when children are the missing / abducted party - the witness is otfen a child. Children play with other children. We had a case here not too long ago where a lil girl was snatched and her sister saw it and reported it. The person was apprehended and the lil girl returned safely. So, children do make reliable witnesses. And can you imagine if the sister's account was ignored what could have happened. So the part about the "a child" being the focus or the abducted party is not really relevant unless the police want it to seem like this is a once in a million chance. The facts are children are abducted and do go missing - more than anyone would like.

Involves a school - well, that's where children are. But in all this time I have never heard of another case where someone used a school as the abduction point. Amber Dubois was abducted from outside of a school. But there must be another case - but I don't recall one off the top of my head.

School officials / elected officials - not sure exactly what term they used, but my experience in dealing with these folks is they take the credit and pass the blame. Not sure what this all has to do with it, but it doesn't sound encouraging.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #779 on: July 02, 2010, 06:21:35 PM »

Comment 20 on the newer comments on Blink's site, it is her comment and very interesting. It is under the article about the new lawyer that Terri hired.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.